Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2021

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 am

Thanks sonabilis for all the goodies. Dai is so darn handsome. I love his new physique.

I had seen some of the photos you posted but not all. It was nice of you to put
them all in one post so we can view all of the beautiful photos of Kana and Dai.

Thanks for posting ilica's YT video, she does wonderful work.

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 10:47 am

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for all the wonderful Dai-stuff, sonabilis. I have a lot to go through. 

Yes, Ilica/Lighthair has done again her magic  I love you

Verit on Twitter    Pure beauty

Congrats to Kazuki Tomono san for his podium at Rostelecom Cup!!

Have a great Dai-week and stay safe!!

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 5:36 am

sonabilis wrote:
[size=16]
Sep 27, 2019 ilica wrote:
I don't know something about them together seems right   drunken drunken

You said it! I love you I love you

Understatement. They are much more than right together! Not even in my dreams could I imagine this partnership to be such perfection  drunken drunken drunken

Thank you for linking and liking my video I love you  

And thank you all, for your beautiful posts, links, comments and everything!  flower flower flower

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 3:53 pm

Yes ilica, that was a tiny little bit of an understatement Laughing Laughing
At the time, I think many of us had a sense of "that's it, that fits". And it got stronger every time.
I remember their first performance at Ice Explosion. They could still do next to nothing, and Dai-chan in particular looked like a wide-eyed little kid at Christmas.
But that chemistry! It was magical, like a shimmer and sparkle in the air.
Suddenly it popped into my head: maybe they'll be like Margot Fonteyn and Rudolf Nureyev? That legendary ballet couple... their magic, their chemistry, their emotional performances that must have driven audiences crazy, and even today you can catch a bit of it through the old footage.
My rational self said, "That's just a pipe dream, don't be a fool" - so I never mentioned it. But honestly, the thought has stuck with me ever since.

Btw the bittersweet lyrics of Sting's song made me a bit melancholy. It's true, we don't know how long this miracle will last....

Btw 2nd, your new avatar drunken drunken drunken

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Do we know if Dai and Kana are in Florida or are they still in Japan? With the border closing in Japan because of the new virus strain I was wondering if the JSF has ordered their skaters to come back to Japan.
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Shyla, no info so far. AFAIK KanaDai went from Warsaw to FL immediately.
Don't think JSF had a chance to get the skaters back in time. When the new guideline was announced, it was deep night in America and early morning in Europe. Skaters would've had to jump literally out of bed into plane.

This
https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/20211130-OYT1T50074/?s=09
sort of implies that JSF is in talks with government in order to save GP final from cancellation. In any case, this needs a special allowance.
So..... we'll wait and see.

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 11:03 pm

I still have my doubts about the GPF being held.  I read that Russia still has not heard from the JSF yet. Their team was planning on
leaving on Dec. 6.  A decision will have to be made soon.

Dai and Kana are not involved in the GP but if they are in Florida they have to get back
for Nationals. When Shoma returned to Japan from Skate America he had to stay in quarantine in
a hotel for two weeks. That is why I was surprised to hear that Kana and Dai headed back to Florida.

As you say time will tell.

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 3:42 am

Japan had relaxed the entry regulations as of Nov 8.
Upon application, a shortened quarantine was possible for people with valid proof of vaccination - they could clear after 3 days with a (further) PCR test. (source: German Foreign Office)
Kana&Dai apparently made use of this. Kana's IGS posted on 8th (clouds taken from plane) suggests they flew to Japan on that exact day. 3 days later they appeared at official practice in Yoyogi.

Why did they know in time but Shoma did not?  
Possibly he flew before the  impending easing of the rules was announced? That could explain it.

As the Russian skaters were planning to arrive for GP final on Dec 6, it seems they had also taken these 3 days into account.
And Kana&Dai likely planned that way too, when they went from Poland to Florida first.

I've not yet been able to understand the new regulations. But it seems the quarantine for incoming Japanese varies in strictness depending on which country they come from.
For foreigners, however, the border is closed...

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 11:51 am

Ilica, it's a joy to see you here again  I love you I love you I love you Once again, thank you so much for your new video. 

Kateigaho magazine will feature KanaDai in their next issue 

Kateigaho's tweet promoting the new issue - with a photo of KanaDai

Kateigaho promotional webpage with a short video   

Dai really embodies the "Florida" look with that shirt, or at least the Florida look we in Europe are used to see in movies and tv series  Very Happy  I bet very few men could wear that flowered shirt with the same gorgeous look/style. 

Have a gorgeous Dai day and stay safe!!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 1:51 pm

Pattina wrote:
I bet very few men could wear that flowered shirt with the same gorgeous look/style.

Well, I think a little bit of "gender bending" has always suited Dai's personality. This range - or call it fluidity, or multi-layering - is part of his fascination (IMO).
It seems to me he has been savouring it even more in recent years, see the photo spreads in Vogue, Tarzan, Oggi....there's everything, from pearls and ear clips to leather and showing off muscles. And he does it his own way, away from the clichés.
Really fascinating drunken drunken I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks Sonabilis for info on quarantine rules for Japan. Yes Shoma flew home before November 8 so he was subjected to the stricter rule.

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 9:41 am

As expected. GP final cancelled says Asahi shimbun. Official confirmation pending, but that doesn't look good.
I'm so sorry for all of them....

Kana&Dai still have some time before they have to arrive in Japan for quarantine.
Then again, no one knows if the conditions will change (tighten) further...

Can't help the subliminal feeling that Beijing Olympics are not going to happen, be it from political or pandemic reasons. Or both.
Please let me be wrong Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:58 am

Oh my... so sad news, if confirmed.  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  So sad and stressful for all athletes (and I'm very sorry for the Italian Ice Dance couple, who gained its spot) 

According to this tweet - in English -  the stop of bookings for Japanese air flights in December will not affect Japanese returning home.  So let's hope it's true and KanaDai (and all those who are now abroad) can return safely to compete at Nationals. 

JB Press article on KanaDai

The Skating Lesson uploaded on YT a long compilation of the best quads in Men figure skating since 1984. Dai from 24:00 to 24:40. A part from Dai, it is quite interesting to see how tecnique and style changed during years. 

Best Men's Quads

Have a nice Daiday and stay safe!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi everyone. 

It's Saturday and let's start the week-end with Dai-chan promoting his Puma Collection in this new video  drunken drunken drunken drunken

Daisuke Tahakashi Collection [EVOLVE]

EDIT: this is so typical Dai-chan  I love you I love you thanks to @picakapi1 on twitter

Google translation: I'm only 35 years old. 35 years old? Still 35 years old? 

I'm still 35 years old

And in the end the GP Final in Osaka will not take place. ISU has not cancelled the event, but "suspended" it hoping to have the competition at the end of this season. Let's hope!! I'm sorry for all the athletes who gave their 1.000 % to be there, however health is more important. 

This tweet is about Komatsubara/Koleto but it's interesting because it states they are flying back to Japan for Nationals.  Well, I'm relieved. I think KanaDai will be back soon, too. 

Have a gorgeous Daiweek-end.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 1:30 pm

Pattina wrote:
this is so typical Dai-chan  I love you I love you

This crazy, silly, cute and genius guy. I just never get over him  I love you  I love you  I love you

Found a post in FSU forum (by ostile17, you know her):
"Foreign based athletes taking part in Nationals were always required to travel to Japan at least 14 days before the start of the competition, even before the recent ban. Therefore they should be all booked up for flights already."

I didn't know that. So it's not a complete change from the original plans.  But they are again without a coach. Neutral
Hm... and without contact with their loved ones.

Japan's last-minute border closure must have caused some confusion. First, the airlines were to stop all bookings, making it impossible even for Japanese to travel back.
That was quickly reversed.
However, there is an eyewitness account from Tokyo Narita Airport on Twitter. It reads chaotic. The paperwork and bus transfer to quarantine hotel took forever. Eyewitness says 11 hours after landing finally arrived at hotel.  Shocked

At least, according to Kyodo News, the athletes applying for Olympics are to be allowed to practice during quarantine.
Will KanaDai be able to practice at Funabashi rink again? They seem to have a special deal there. Also named Funabashi in their athlete profile as "off season base".
Wishing them all the best! I love you I love you

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Another Dai to melt our knees  drunken  drunken  plus Kana's strong beauty (down the thread)  I love you  I love you

Another tweet around the same time tagged "FSTV" (Figure skating TV) and says interview and footage from Warsaw

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Uh oh, it doesn't seem to be that simple.
Today's Nikkansports reporting the negotiations between National Sports Federation and government are still ongoing:

"The Cabinet Secretariat has taken a hard-line stance and no conclusion has been reached, but the trend toward giving relief to the Olympic athletes has strengthened."

But:
".... if there is an infected person on board a future flight back to Japan, the individual exception to permission to practice may no longer apply"

In other words, the athletes are exposed to a lottery. A single passenger tested positive and they are not allowed to practice for 14 days  Shocked  Crying or Very sad

Piyopiyo (@locopiyo) elaborates on this on their blog, saying there are no direct flights from Florida to Japan. That means increased difficulty and risk.
Also wonders if the Fukase/Zhang team might not be able to compete at Nats at all, since Oliver Zhang is not allowed to enter as a Canadian citizen.

youko, a Daisuke fan from Okayama, has an idea:

"If I had the money, I would have chartered flights for the athletes!
I mean, the federation should do that!"

Well said.

Fingers crossed ...  News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 1f340  News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 1f340  News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 1f340

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Finally, it seems an agreement has been reached for figure skaters and speed skaters.

"PCR tests must be carried out daily for the first three days of entry, and every two days after the fourth day. If a passenger on a return flight is positive for the Omicron strain, they will all be considered to have had close contact with the virus and will be subject to daily PCR testing. If they are negative, they will only be allowed to practice privately, avoiding contact with others.
 Foreign coaches who hold a residence permit and who are re-entering the country will be allowed to enter."

That sounds a decisive bit better. (Even if I gag and feel sorry for them thinking of daily PCR  pale  but that's not the point)

A fan of Keiji Tanaka made the recent Friends+α issue available with Keiji as a guest.
Part of it was LUXE's "Miroir", which uploaded separately. The edited version! Without Dai's solo sequence in the first minute, though.  
Both videos are to be online for a limited time.
Friends+α is also about Keiji's collaboration with Tatsuki Machida for "Je te veux", just before LUXE. Footage of it is also included.

Another Dai two-shot by a fan in Warsaw

Fanart 1 (@kiwi_egg)

Fanart 2 (@erohisan316)

Fanart 3 (@minminimum)

Fanart 4 (@nekotetoneko)

sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 12:08 pm

Thanks, sonabilis, for all the updates. 

Tomasz Pindel photographer on IG - KanaDai at Warsaw gala

This pose is breathtaking, just how they look at each other explains why - in the opinion of so many fs fans - this is not just a fs program but a ballet on stage

La Bayadere    Teamkumataka san on Twitter 

According to this tweet by Kokomo  Stéphane Lambiel will be at Nats with Shoma and Koshiro, due to a re-entry visa, so maybe also Marina could obtain it. Let's hope. 

KanaDai on the cover of Figure Skating Plus

Have a nice Daiday and stay safe.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 1:26 pm

ilica!! Very Happy Very Happy I love you I love you

Hello I love you:

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Good news!
Dai's and Kana's respective websites officially announce their participation in the Japan Nationals.
So they've arrived safely, and things seem to be going well.
cheers cheers cheers

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 11:53 am

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!   cheers  

Yesterday Fuji TV aired a short special featuring Kana/Dai. Nothing really new, but it's always a joy to watch (and nice to admire the change of look for Dai's hair since they paired)  

Thanks to this dear fan for posting Fuji Live News α   I love you

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

EDIT - the full tv news on Youtube   Fuji TV Sports on YT

Have a nice Dai-day  flower flower

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 11:01 am

Hi. I've been a bit lazy of late, but nothing really new had happened in the meantime. 

The Polish Skating Federation Centennial Gala will be broadcasted on Polish TVP Sport on 24/12 at 16.55 and on 25/12 at 10:15 (both are local times). 

Official TVP Sport for streaming    (sorry, I don't know if it's free of charge or if you have to subscribe/pay)

TV news with recap of Japan Team at Warsaw Cup 

KanaDai on Quadruple Axel

Short tv news about KanaDai taking part at Nationals

Muscles!!!!

Have a nice Daiday and stay safe and healthy!!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 11:48 am

The time is running and I'm getting more and more nervous. 

Onice online - KanaDai

News Runner - tv service in 3 parts  thanks to dear fan who uploaded it  cheers

GO KANADAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 11:53 am

Marina is not in Japan, as you can understand from Kana's IG post 

So KanaDai have asked their former coaches Mie Hamada and Utako Nagamitsu to be at K&C 

Post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Beijing with link to original Sponichi's article 

Today's RD practice!!!!  cheers cheers

Hochi Sports on IG

Mainichi - photo 1

Mainichi - photo 2

Mainichi - photo 3

Marina was present at practice...somehow    Very Happy

Updated schedule  for competition

EDIT - more photos from practice 

Quadruple Axel

Yomiuri Japan

PhotoKishimoto on IG

Nikkansports   - various pics on the page - click on pic to enlarge (the first one with Utako sensei  I love you I love you)

GO KANADAI!!!!!  GAMBATTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2021
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next