Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2021

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 2:42 am

Happy Birthday dear Pattina!!!! flower flower flower

Good health to you, much joy of life and may the delight in the wonderful artist, athlete and person called Dai-chan always accompany you!

ilica what a beautiful video once again, thank you for the treat! (at start, Dai-chan looking like 6 y/o, I'm dying  Laughing Laughing )

ilica wrote:
instead of a steamy blues, we all expected from them, they gonna be fishing

Well said  Very Happy

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 4:01 am

Hi ilica hope all is well. Great video, loved it!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 4:03 am

Happy Birthday Pattina! Enjoy your Special Day! Hugs and Kisses to you! I love you I love you I love you

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:17 am

Apologize, for late reply . Thank you for the birthday wishes I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Yesterday I really had no time to spend on the web and today, also, because I'll have a little party in the late afternoon so I have to arrange.

Ilica your video is such a joy to watch I love you I love you I love you I love you  Dai's smile fills my day with wonderful feelings.

Yes, Dai is always a surprise and - although I I love you  all his programs - I think he has always given his best with unusual and unexpected music (VAS, for instance, I think no one else could perform so artistically).  From latest video, Dai is enjoying very much the idea of go fishing and swimming in the ocean, his eyes are sparkling and he will be, of course, the hottest fisherman on earth.  drunken

Stay safe and healthy and enjoy a great SunDai flower flower

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 10:21 am

Good morning Dai fans in Europe, in case you hadn't your morning coffee yet - just something to get awake. Laughing
(Dai 2014 on beach vacation in Okinawa, he recently shared some anecdotes about it)

Actually it must have been a beach near N.Y., thanks Pattina für correction!  Very Happy

sunny sunny sunny

Last edited by sonabilis on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 6:23 pm

In a Japanese blog I found two longer quotes from Daisuke's contribution to the LUXE pamphlet. He has far-reaching ideas.

Dai's future dreams:

The blog post itself deals extensively with production and staging of LUXE. Also criticizes some things and makes suggestions for improvement... very interesting (for me as a music and theater person anyway). However, also very long Very Happy

In two previous posts the blogger describes in detail all scenes of 1st part and 2nd part, including dialogue transcripts. Quite readable using google page translate.

The Miroir scene he/she is planning to discuss separately, I'm waiting for it with interest.

sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 am

Hi everyone.  Sonabilis, thanks for translation of Dai's future dreams I love you  

The creation of an "ensemble" of skaters to perform a combination of "skating + stage" is a long time idea of his. 

Have a look at this Dai and Mao chat in Geneve - Ice Legends 2016  with English subtitles (thanks to our dear Twind)

He was really impressed by Salome Brunner's choreo for  Le Poéme  (Ice Legends 2016) because she created a story that skaters narrated on the ice.  I was there and indeed it was amazing. 

Sonabilis, I think that that pic comes from Dai's New York time, as the beach umbrellas/chairs in the background are the same.   Dai's IG 03 08 2015    Thanks a lot for posting it, it's a joy to watch, always. 

A new  Twitter hashtag trend started yesterday . Some pics are not Dai related, but a lot are  drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken 

Try to make the photos in the folder monochrome 

Stay safe and healthy and have a nice Daiday.  flower

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Lovely Mao/Dai talk, didn'd know there is a subbed version!
Thanks Pattina and kudos to dear Twind!!
I remember vaguely a 2013 interview, where Dai already had ideas about stage productions on ice.
Now he looks on it with experience and confidence he got from the Hyoen productions.
Nevertheless I'm amazed by the audacity of his dreams. Playing for a month! Overseas performances! Gaining an audience big enough to make this work!
Wow.    Shocked  drunken

Pattina you're right about the beach pic Very Happy It was shown in "Ju-ichi" on May 9, a few days before LUXE premiere. Fan reports said Dai was talking about an Okinawa trip with friends in 2014, so I related the photo to that.
But he also talked about New York, so that's obviously the right context Smile

Maïa Barouh (re-)uploaded Soran Bushi on her YT channel, some people around her recommended so, she says.
Tagged Dai & Kana too. Now she is happy about lots of likes and shares.

sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 10:34 am

Assignements for ISU Grand Prix Series have been released: Kana/Dai will compete at NHK Trophy in Tokio - November 12/14  cheers cheers

ISU - NHK TROPHY 2021

Kateigaho magazine has issued two articles on LUXE - English translations thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

A masterpiece review show on ice! A dream world tour "LUXE" starring Daisuke Takahashi  - a general review with various pics from the show. 

English translation

Five special messages from Daisuke  - Dai replyes to 5 questions about LUXE and his feelings 

English translation

Let's hope to have news soon, some videos or pics from Florida will be a joy.

Stay safe and healthy  flower

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 10:51 am

English subtitles  cheers cheers Official video introducing  LUXE , with also some backstage footage and interviews with Dai-chan and executive director Kikunojou Onoe.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 11:55 am

Hi Pattina, thanks for videolink, so it's unblocked now (yesterday it was geoblocked)
Nice video! I wish they would adjust the audio of interview part a bit (guys you shouldn't hide Dai's beautiful voice Laughing Laughing )

@flapperbear414 has been hardworking: Matadorsuke in slow motion  Cool

Some stills (that final pose of Phénix! drunken drunken )

FOI has just been announced for Aug 27-29, but no Kanadai (not surprising).
So excited to see where they'll be competing in Sept/Oct, hoping the competitions can be held safely, preferably without that time-stealing quarantine.

So they'll go to NHK Trophy '21! This time with strong international competitors, that's gonna be exciting.
Lilah Fear/Lewis Gibson are also scheduled to compete there. In a recent interview, they talked about skaters inspiring them.
Lewis:
"My absolute favourite free skater of all time is Daisuke Takahashi. His movement on the ice is like no other, and he is so free and flamboyant. I am very much looking forward to his ice dance debut!"

Free and flamboyant. Yes Lewis  I love you

I have to work now (quite a lot, after the long lockdown suddenly concerts and stage performances galore cheers )

Stay safe everyone!
sunny  sunny  sunny

PS Today 3 years ago, Dai surprised skating world announcing his unretirement. Quite a lot has happened since then 😄

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:12 am

sonabilis wrote:
Hi Pattina, thanks for videolink, so it's unblocked now (yesterday it was geoblocked)

Really? It seems a bit silly to put English subtitles and forbid vision to non Japanese fans. Luckily they changed their  minds. 

Great job by @flapperbear 414- thanks for link. 

As 01/07 the new season has officially started, the Japan Skating Federation issued the list of the 2021 strengthening players. 

Post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi  with English translation of Kana/Dai's quotes and link to newspaper article by Nikkansport. 

JSF has also updated the skaters bios - sorry for not providing direct link to JSF page, but today my pc/connection is very very slow and it's quicker to give links to FB pages

Post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi with link to JSF page  and the bios of Kana/Dai

SkyCourt on IG - they will continue to sponsor Kana/Dai

Brand new -  Kana/Dai will skate as guests during a hockey showcase for young talents at Hertz Arena

The event is organized by Matterhorn Fit, the gym where Kana/Dai trains off ice. Let's hope someone takes videos and/or pics. I'm really Dai-starving  I love you

Deracinated Flower being inspired by Kana/Dai new RD   - great drawing, as always. 

Have a great Dai week-end  flower flower flower

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:04 am

Another masterpiece made by ilica!!

Daisuke Takahashi in LUXE

Awesome  Shocked drunken drunken
ilica I so admire how you create an arc of rhythm, flow and dramatic in sync with musical dynamics I love you I love you I love you

Have you all a nice SunDai! sunny

Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 5:57 am

Thank you sonabilis! Such words coming from a musician  Embarassed Embarassed   - I'm so happy you like my new montage I love you

But it's Dai, he is such an inspiration. He is so expressive and versatile, you can take any music and you'll find images of him and his skating that will express the music perfectly.

And often he does things you know you just cannot pass by...
- like in this recent ISU insta post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ59siNjbm5/

- and just like that you know, someday you you'll have to do something, like some video with that adorable dork or you'll die  lol!

Shyla, PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 11:00 am

Once again, ilica, you have taken me in an amazing Dai-dream   I love you   Great job. 

I like the music very much, it could be used for a SP, but it would require a very expressive skater, a sensitive and delicate one, but at the same time able to express power and the various nuances of this - apparently - simple track.  Oh well... that skater is Dai  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

As I was Dai-starving, I loved to see the ISU instapost (and there is Daniel Grassl, too, so I'm twice happy). Dai's eyes are so brilliant, he looks so happy and joyful  I love you   drunken drunken  and finally we can see his handsome face without the mask!!!  Thanks for link, ilica. 

The laugh at the end, by Flapperbear

Screenshots by Nobu san

Figure skating examiner (and lover) Jackie Wong celebrated the Sunday with Dai-chan memories

IG - one of the greatest Men Free Skating of all time

Happy Sunday   with 2 posts

Have a great Dai-week, everyone  flower

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 4:01 am

ilica wrote:
that adorable dork

Laughing Laughing I love you I love you I love you

Two Dai fans chatting - their topic I couldn't understand entirely, but: the pics and gifs! (scroll & expand, some are hidden) drunken

Ayaka Hirahara feels nostalgic about LUXE, collecting memories in her blog. Here she tells the story of the "bathrobe photo", originally posted in her IG in December. (which left Dai's fandom puzzling what he was doing in a bathrobe at Aya-chan's side  Very Happy )
It was the shooting for the LUXE promo pics and trailer.
She tells about a meeting with the staff, discussing the theme song (she was supposed to write it). Then was decided to ask Dai to sing again this time.

»After shooting, Aya [=I] wanted to go home first
Sayonara, bye-bye, stay healthy
I went to say (generation)

"Dai-chan, it looks like you' re going to sing again this time."
"What--!!!"

While having such a conversation
In the unknown world of "LUXE"
We stepped in.«
(Google/DeepL transl.)

PS Same Photo & comment on Aya-san's IG

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:41 am

Hi everyone!! Thanks, sonabilis, for reporting such Dai-treasures  I love you   I love you  and thanks to dear fans who shared on twitter lot of lovely Dai-stuff  I love you

Matterhorn fit will stream the entire showcase via Instastory    (post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi)

Kana/Dai will again be judges for SkyCourt: this time - if the translation is correct - it's the "Coloring Contest" for children 

World Figure Skating JP on twitter  with link to original article (all in Japanese) 

Have a nice Dai-weekend and keep safe.

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:29 am

Enjoy your SunDai with this amazing video by Meowmix san 

Daisuke Takahashi Collection of perfect GOE of Step Sequences   with footwork breakdowns

Spoiler: Dai's feet are so quick that it's  impossible (at least for me)  to put eyes at his foorwork AND explanation at the same time  Very Happy Very Happy  you need more than one look at the video

Beautiful profile     drunken drunken drunken

Stay safe and healthy!!

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Good Luck to Italy in today's soccer game!!!!!

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 10:15 am

Shyla wrote:
Good Luck to Italy in today's soccer game!!!!!

and congrats to the new European Champion!  flower
(However, looking at the roaring crowd and tumultuous scenes I wondered if the real winner might be the Delta variant. pale )

A Japanese variety show ("Karisome heaven") started an audience poll for male celebs who have "iroke".
You can guess what happened after that  lol!

Have a nice week and stay healthy! sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 1:13 pm

On July 1, ISU issued Communication No. 2393, laying down the detailed rules for RD in season 21/22.
After 31 pages of tables, "must" and "must not", the last page brings a surprise.

»The chosen music must fit to the Street Dance "style" and a couple should show choreography and an interpretation of the appropriate Street Dance "style". The "style" of the dance should NOT reflect "traditional ballroom", including Latin dance rhythms.«

Seems that ISU, for decades strictly guarding the ballroom dance roots of ice dance, gets over itself? (though "style" in only quotation marks ...)

This document was quoted during a discussion on Twitter. It was about Kanadai's new RD.
Apparently Japanese ice dance fans had expressed concerns the program might be too unconventional, especially for a "beginner couple" before having "solid basics".
Dai's fan base reacted somewhat irritated, arguing Ms. Zueva surely knew what she was doing and asking if Street Dance done in a "conventional" way wouldn't look silly.
More Tweets - 1 - 2 - 3 - also Dai's signature headrolls were a topic....
Looks like the debating fans have now agreed that nobody knows what the judges will really favor Smile

After all the words a bit eye pleasure but please sit down stably before watching Very Happy

sunny sunny sunny

ETA Correction The ISU note was issued already in May but came into effect on July 1.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Hello everyone,

today I better start with the pics Very Happy
I don't remember seeing the following before. You longtime fans may know them. Anyway:

Dai-chan and Utako sensei at an airport. Judging by the comments, this seems to be from a DVD, possibly bonus footage.

Dai-chan as a middle school student. The other boy (a classmate?) is said to have become a well-known soccer player.
Interesting how Dai's special charisma gradually becomes noticeable in the later childhood photos (even if he looks quite reserved here) I love you

The authentic style vs. ice dance tradition debate saw a few more posts. According to this tweet, the trigger - or one of the triggers - may have been an article quoting an unnamed skating official.

This thread and this thread and this blogpost discuss the issue. They all bring up Virtue/Moir's RD from 2016/17, especially its "Hiphop" part, agreeing that while it is an exquisite skate, there is virtually no discernible Hiphop style in it.

I think this point could become very interesting as the season progresses. Certainly there are different points of view also within the ISU and among the judges.

JSF specified selection criteria for Beijing Olympics (and WC).

ICE DANCE  (One spot):

Reading that, I felt somewhat uneasy. So much room for interpretation? Doesn't "any of the following" mean they can weight the criteria however they want? Not so good for a proper and accepted decision....

Blogger Mikeko has similiar concerns.

Good to know Daisuke is following his path unimpressed by  ambiguities, conventions and confusions. He has an amazingly free mind I love you

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi everyone. Sorry for disappearing, but I had things to do and no time for pc. 

Sonabilis, my prayers for German people who is facing such a terrible time. Also Belgium is bad affected, but seems Germany is paying the higher price in terms of victims and damages to properties. I really hope you are not affected in what I see on TV or newspaper reports. 

Thank you, sonabilis, for providing links and a lot of interesting stuff. 
About ice dance, IMO ISU has just officially noted what had already been a topic in various discussions among ice dance fans: the absence of traditional ballroom in some performances (although some are of high value). 

About Olympic spot: I remember when JSF changed the criteria in 2013 for Man and Ladies. Many Japanese fs fans were shocked and named it "a scandal". Let's avoid here all the mean fuss about the decision to send Dai to Sochi 2014, but when the same criteria led Hanyu to have his spot for Pyeongchang 2018 (and also some Worlds) ... oh well, it's OK.    Very Happy Very Happy 

I don't know what this will mean in the end for Kana/Dai, but I agree with Sonabilis' words about Dai going on miles above all the confusion and fuss. He is doing his best and he enjoys it and that's all he needs. 

Mattehorn fit will not stream figure skating intermissions  of the Esterno showcase. Not only Kana/Dai but also the other skaters.  Issues with ISU rights, maybe. Pity, but I hope some hints will arrive all the same. 

Stay safe and healty.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 6:54 am

Pattina thank you for your sympathy! Fortunately I'm not directly affected by the disaster. But nearby it has been bad. The worst were the small rivers coming from the mountains. Also neighboring regions in BeNeLux are badly afflicted. Crying or Very sad

On Olympics, Pattina I certainly don't intend to discuss the "mean fuss" here, so don't worry. I love you
After all, we can't even guess what the situation will be at the end of the year. How Kanadai will develop, how the competitors will develop, how many competitions are possible, and by the way the political situation with China...

Above all, I wish Kana&Dai to stay healthy, and their wish becoming true "to surprise the audience" with their fast growth.
What will come out of this, we'll see Very Happy

sunny sunny sunny

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2021 10:52 am

TV news about Hertz Arena Hockey Showcase  - of course it's all about hockey but when they interview the manager,  in the background you can hear some moments of La Bayadere and see small and blurry silhouettes of skaters. 

A glimpse of Kana/Dai    thanks to dear Nobu san   I love you

Lucky fan Pensgalko surprises us with this tweet. What a joy!! I was really Dai-starving. They look great!! 

Kana/Dai at the showcase

Tweet Google-translated

Today was the announcement of RD. I saw it for the first time from the beginning to the end. It was lovely. I saw it through the glass at the ice level with a lot of people (maybe hockey players' parents). If I have a chance next time, I would like to visit the audience seats on the judge side where I can enjoy the choreography.

Stay safe and healthy  I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2021
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next