Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2021

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Hello, just stopping by to say sorry - no time to add links to pics, articles, interviews etc, though there is a huge amount of them.
Had a look at EX though. "You are the reason" has been revised and has advanced a lot. More of everything, choreo, lifts, speed, much more mature and sophisticated.
A joy to see!
But strangely, where was Dai's "sensual mode" today?
Kana was "in it", but he seemed a bit distant.
Still beautiful to watch.

There was a talk show before the opening, and Dai (with open curly mane drunken drunken ) gave full play to his media star qualities. Cool

sunny sunny sunny

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 12:19 pm

Still in awe for this incredible FD.  drunken drunken

Kana/Dai FD on nicovideo

Yesterday just after lunch RAI Sport broadcasted the recorded FD competition. Commentators were sport journalist Arianna Secondini and coach Franca Bianconi (she is also an ISU judge), coach of many Italian skaters, among them Matteo Rizzo. They both were enchanted and loved Kana/Dai's performance, having tons of wonderful words to praise this FD. 
As a coach Mrs. Bianconi was highly surprised by Dai's achievements in such a short time: of course, he had already the highest level skating skills and artistry (she said "I can not take my eyes out of him, never, since he was a single skater") but it's not at all easy to learn a totally different way of skating so quickly. 

Indeed not only his Ice Dance skills have improved: Dai is now more confident and I can say he is now the "leading partner", taking his lady on the ice with such a natural authority. No esitation in lifts and in spins and great synchro, because Kana is such a talented skater. They complete each other. 

Getty Images Photogallery for Kana/Dai  - with photo of the Gala already

The way they look at each other   drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

Kana flying - from Gala

Short clip from Gala

Dai and Shoma had a chat at the Gala - seems Dai was funny and the audience laughed 

Dai & Shoma

Kana has posted various instastories. The last one is a Thank you to Dai-chan 

Tweet with link

After the FD ended, Kana and Dai met the British couple Lilah Fear/Lewis Gibson (a well deserved bronze) in the backstage.  Dai is Lewis's idol since he started skating (Lewis said in several interviews that, although Dai was a single skater, he has always been his role model for ice dance, because of his artistry)

Kana/Dai with Fear/Gibson

Next week Kana/Dai will compete at Warsaw Cup - almost no time to rest and a long flight. Let's hope they can recover from fatigue and deliver strong and enchanting performances once again. 

Have a gorgeous SunDai  flower

Last edited by PATTINA on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 7:30 pm

Thanks Pattina for all of the goodies. It was a wonderful competition! Shoma and Kaori winning Gold, Fear/Gibson on the podium finally.

Everyone in the skating world are talking about KanaDai's RD and FD and how much they have improved
in such a short time. They really shined and have established themselves as a serious and talented ice dance team.
Loved their Exhibition program so many new details. I couldn't be happier for them and they should be
proud of themselves because their hard work has paid off. cheers cheers bounce bounce I love you I love you

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 12:02 pm

Kana/Dai at Gala - Italian tv broadcast

NKH photos by Tanja Flade - Kana/Dai are in pic n. 8

Tanja Flade on IG

NHK memories for Fear/Gibson - with Kana/Dai in pic n. 5

Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson on IG

Lewis has posted the same photos on his personal account but with a special mention to Dai

Also to be given the chance to compete along side my skating idol @d1sk_t was something 12 year old me would never have dreamt of coming true. Never stop dreaming!

Lewis Gibson on IG

Japanese newspapers are still celebrating Kana/Dai huge performance at NHK and many people already see them as the National winners going to Oly 2022. This would be another record for Dai. 

I'm Italian and I don't like to talk about it too much out of superstition  Very Happy Very Happy  of course, it's my strongest wish but whenever I read something, I knock on wood. 

Daisuke Takahashi Road to Beijing with translation of Sportiva article  and link to original webpage

Olympic NBCSport article  - it reports that the total score of 179.50 is the Japanese Ice Dance record in International competitions. 

Just one of Dai's long list, let's hope for more to come.  I love you I love you

Kaitlyn Weawer's tweet about Kana/Dai RD

Nick Zaccardi (CBS) about Kana/Dai

Have a nice Daiday and stay safe!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:19 am

Kana/Dai have arrived today in Warsaw. Sorry, I cannot provide the link, but have a look at Kana's instastory!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 am

Luckily Daisuke Takahashi Road to Bejing fan page saved Kana's insta with Dai 

Kana/Dai in Poland!!

Dai promoting his collection on Puma Japan Official video

Still from NHK    Awwwwww!!

Official Warsaw Cup 2021 Website  with links to Entries/Results, Live Stream and others. 

Time schedule for all competitions - local time   

Kana/Dai will start on Friday 19 November with their stunning RD. They will be the third couple to take the ice 

RD Time schedule

Kana/Dai  GAMBA!!!!

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Yay I am glad that they will be starting in third position. I will be able get to watch them
before I have to go to work. GO Kanadai!!!!!

Someone did a tally of the skaters scores that are competing here received in prior
competitions and KanaDai have the 3rd highest.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 11:55 am

Our dear Twind is in Warsaw  cheers cheers   and yesterday she was able to catch a glimpse of Kana/Dai doing some off ice work. 

Kana/Dai 18 11 2021

From another fan

Kana/Dai and Marina watching the Pair event    (Tarasova/Morozov are in Warsaw, too) 

TV news - Kana/Dai in Warsaw

Yesterday Kana has posted an instastory reposting this photo taken by some Japanese photographer. Daisuke Takahashi Road to Beijing has saved it.  I feel I can see Dai's piercing glaze from here  drunken

Kana/Dai off ice work

Youtube channel for Live Stream    (the same embedded in the competition's official webside)

Great drawing by Deracinated Flower

Interview - in Russian - with Marina about Kana/Dai

A couple of answers - Google translated

[when Dai started practicing for Ice Dance] He was very thin, like all singles, and this is understandable, since difficult jumps require above all lightness and sharpness. So the first thing we did  was sending him to our trainer Rya Wessa, who just at that time had opened a fitness club in Florida. 

In Japan, Takahashi never did strength training and at first strongly doubted he needed it. But then, when the result of the off ice work began to stand out, he liked it. And he began to apply with doubled zeal.

Performing an ice ballet is much more difficult. If you are unable to break the production down into sentences, as is done in ballet, you can only end up with a parody of the ballet.

Interviewer: I have noticed how Takahashi performs each of the dance steps clean and clearly.
Marina: He understands the importance of this very well. Therefore, he learns new things for himself with great zeal. I would also say that he is much more scrupulous about technical work than people who have spent many years in ice dancing.

Today I'm working from home, so I can keep my laptop near the office one and watch Kana/Dai on the live stream. Or maybe even on the smart tv. Fingers crossed I don't receive a call or - worst - an unexpected online meeting. 

Have a nice Daiday  flower  and to all our friends who are in Warsaw: enjoy the competition and cheer out loud!!! 

GO KANA/DAI - GAMBATTE!!!!

EDIT - Congrats to Sota and Koshiro, who are first and second after the Short Program!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:55 pm

Pattina wrote:
Our dear Twind is in Warsaw  and yesterday she was able to catch a glimpse of Kana/Dai doing some off ice work.

Yes, yes! She actually traveled around the globe to cheer for Kanadai in Warsaw. Shocked
If I understood her tweets correctly, she saw Kana, Dai and Marina on the street yesterday.
And "Road to Beijing" is there too, isn't it?

I'm getting all fidgety.... unfortunately no chance to go there because of work.
Probably won't even be able to watch it live (have a theater rehearsal).

edt: I was lucky, just the 15 minutes free when they were skating!

Wish them both all the best and keep my fingers crossed! I love you I love you I love you

Last edited by sonabilis on Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Popping in before I head out to work. Oh my they were wonderful with a score of 75+ and they are in second place after the RD. cheers cheers cheers They just amaze me.

Thanks Pattina for all of the updates?

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Video  cheers cheers cheers cheers

Kana/Dai RD - Warsaw Cup 2021

I was able to watch the live stream, too.  So amazing and powerful and....everything!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers They did better than last week and for a while we dreamed of a MidBlues level 4 with YYYY. During the performance the score went to 51 but dropped to 43.19 after the reviews and the MB downgraded to level 3  (YYNY).

No problem, even Papadakis/Cizeron did a level 3 at GP Italia. And the same for Sinitsina/Katsalapov. So Kana/Dai are in very good company  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And getting a level 3 at your first International competition (NHK) and keeping it steady, while at the same time improving the Total Segment Score is really a huge achievement for Dai.  So proud of him  I love you I love you I love you

Huge thanks to Kana, for providing strong technical support and all her experience. 

sonabilis wrote:
And "Road to Beijing" is there too, isn't it?

Yes. Maybe among this cheering Kana/Dai fans group

Kana/Dai cooling down after RD

TV news with short interview

Posing for Online on ice

Great take of the RLift!!!

Are you ready for tomorrow????

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 12:19 pm

Some notes after the RD by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Bejing   - Thank you so much!!!

Lovely smiles at K&C

Some professional photos of RD  shared by @fsphoto_syo on IG. 

Turin 2010 compared with Warsaw 2021 - long time has passed but still the lovely sight issues for Dai-chan at the K&C  Laughing

Tweet by ILODY - Dai-chan at K&C

KanaDai, please stay focused but relaxed. Keep on shining and do your best. GAMBATTE!!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 3:21 am

OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked cheers cheers cheers cheers I love you I love you I love you

Congrats Kana&Dai for 2nd place and the first podium at an international competition!

Video (in 720p60 res.)

Protocols (all medalists)

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 3:55 am

CONGRATS to KanaDai for your Silver Medal win!!!! They were sooooo good! bounce I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 4:13 am

Fans taking photos

View over the stand
Koshiro and Sota came to cheer

Awards ceremony

Medalists drunken drunken drunken I love you I love you I love you

"You can see this face again at the international competition, squinting to see the score."
And Kana, same thing... two short-sighted Pisces Laughing Laughing

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 1:07 pm

GREAT!!!  They were breathtaking and OMG Dai was even more elegant and confident in taking dancer Kana on the stage. They are a perfect match and this program is a diamant in  the (sometimes dull) Ice Dance scene of these days.  cheers cheers I love you I love you

The second place was not granted; to be honest I feared that G/P could overcome KD because their FD is very good and innovative and above all because they have more experience as a couple. They were only a few hundreths of a point behind just because of the fall. But Dai kept his nerves (you know how nervous he is before the match) and skated so beautifully. Kana did her best, too, and the result is a silver medal in a CS competition at their real first International season. Well done!!!

KanaDai with Marina and medals

Screenshots from Medal Ceremony

Score comparison between NHK and Warsaw Cup

Absolute Skating instastory - Skaters praising skaters

English translation of some KanaDai quotes after competition

Shortsight Dai - once again   Very Happy Very Happy  

What a wonderful SunDAI    flower flower flower flower

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 5:29 pm

meowmix uploaded RD video with english subs!

Below another RD video upload (btw 90.000 views already) is an informative comment by a Japanese, I'd like to quote it:
"Soran-Bushi is a folk song of my region.
In the past, there was a time when Pacific herring could be huge harvested, men came here for like a gold rush.
This song uses a lot of ”Ya-ren, So-ran”, the shout they use to collect herring with their nets, and ”Dokkosho", the voice they use to lift their catch.
Since it is a folk song, there are multiple variations of the lyrics.
But this Program has a lyric that we don't often see elsewhere.
”Tonight and for one night only, we use a pillow made of satin.
Tomorrow I'll take a ship and  sleep with pillow of the wave.”
I think this imply at the overnight romance in the lives of the roughnecks.
The second half of the song is impressive as he and woman returns from the rough sea and dances around as if to let themselves go."

EDT Pattina, I posted the "squinting pics" overlooking you already linked them, sorry!

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 5:27 am

Oh my, didn't know there was a Gala at Warsaw Cup!

click to expand:

All white, performing Soran Bushi
No complete video available, too bad Crying or Very sad

3 snippets here filmed by a fan

EDT: Oh, correction:
"Nora Bruckner kindly informed me that this is not the gala for Warsaw Cup but just a gala for the centenary of Polish fed and they just invited polish skaters, Kanadai, T/M and Koshiro"
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 am

WOW. Thanks sonabilis for providing many info. So glad the Polish Fed invited Japanese skaters to their special gala for centenary. Love the white outfits. 

Sponichi annex article with photos

Meowmix's tweet 

Scary edges

Nice fan art by Yuko Teto san

Outfits may change, but artistry remains the same

TV news about silver medal and short interview in the backstage - google translation

"(To the top of the world) I feel like I'm climbing the stairs step by step. It's a little bit, but I don't feel like I'm away." (Daisuke)

Stay safe, everyone!! And have a nice MonDai.

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 3:54 pm

This IG account, highly recommended!

Among other nice things, Kanadai's Warsaw morning practice before FD.

Marina Zueva's greatness as a coach also shows in the mental tools she gives to her protégés. Here you can find  excerpts from an interview in which Kana & Dai refer to it. It was after NHK trophy.

Some words I'd like to quote.

click to expand:

There may be people for whom focusing on "doing well" is effective. AFAIK for Dai-chan, this has never worked.
I can say this trait is common among musicians and stage performers. To be really good, they need to put aside self-judgment and not be afraid to make mistakes (in performance, of course - in practicing you have to be self-critical).

Marina is really a wise person Smile

This interview from Kansai University's magazine BOOMSPORTS (Nov14) may have already been linked.
However, once more won't hurt. They talk about choreographic/technical details, among other things. And it's apparently not smoothed out, but "written as spoken". The impression is very vivid.

- for your good mood - Very Happy

sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks, sonabilis, my good mood is going to Heaven  Very Happy

Kana has updated her IG 

KanaDai with silver medals

Photos from Gala

Japanese tv media still go on broadcasting moments from Warsaw Cup 

Short tv news

TV news - 2 tweets

KanaDai with gold medalists and coaches   (saved from Gleb Smolkin's instastory, I guess) 

USA fashion stylist and fs lover Nick Verreos has updated his blog after NHK and Internationaux de France 2021. Of course he loves KanaDai outfits. 

ICE STYLE - Costumes Highlights

Have a nice Daiday!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 3:17 am

Hello everyone,

more Warsaw pics and vids!
Taken by fans from different angles, so really different.

Sylva Krenkova IG:

RD
FD

Natália Hanková Twitter:

RD run through, 2 parts (the day before RD)
FD run through, 2 parts

YT clip from official stream:
5min warmup before RD, at 2:00 the double fluke fall that horrified the fans for a moment

Klaudia Kotlinska IG:

Gala videos, the 3rd one KanaDai with near cam position

Anita Pohl IG:

Gala Final, from 2:27 KanaDai with a crazy combo lift  (don't ask me for names, haven't got the technical terms yet  cherry )

Fun read: Reports from fans who have been there. (2 different threads)
Bumping into Dai&Kana at the coffee machine is quite something  Laughing

ETA: Who knows if the atmosphere will ever be that personal again. Certainly not at major competitions. Hmmmm... pretty envious of those who could be in Warsaw  cat  cat

sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi everyone,

more photos!

Maybe some have already been posted, then sorry....

IG account tokyosports.photo, NHK pic series:

Nov 11, official practice (in the new FD costumes, runthrough both programs).

Nov 12, RD practice

Nov 12, RD comp

Nov 13, FD warmup (?)

Nov 13 FD

Nov 14, Gala

sponichitokyophoto (Yoshiki Koumi), NHK:

Nov 12, RD practice

Nov 12, RD

Nov 13, FD practice

Nov 13, FD

Nov 14, Gala

sponichitokyophoto (Yoshiki Koumi), Warsaw Cup:

Nov 18, floor practice (multiply shared pic)

Nov 19, floor practice

Nov 19, RD

Nov 20, floor practice (excellent photo  Exclamation )

FD floor practice 2

Nov 20, FD

Nov 20, Medalists

Nov 21 Gala

Tomasz Pindel IG

Nov 19, RD lift

Agnieszka Musiał Twitter:

Nov 20, floor practice clip

"Japanese media doing amazing"

Nov 20, FD clip

Fans

Medals

sunny sunny sunny

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 6:52 pm

The  "Daisuke Takahashi Puma Collection" is to be restocked in December (of course, it was sold out immediately after release)
Dear Pattina, you linked Dai-chan's promo video amidst all the NHK trophy uproar, and I have to admit I didn't even notice it  Embarassed
Yet it's a little gem, and maybe other readers have missed it too. So please allow me to link it again..

Blogger momokiku's comment:

"On the day of the upload, I opened the video of Dai-chan, and what a whispery voice. It was so dangerous to listen to it in the middle of the night with earphones, I couldn't even think about the content."

So you all are warned.... have fun  Laughing  Laughing

"Kateigaho" ("Family pictorial") once more has a KanaDai special. One pic was circulated on SNS. Hm... hot young sailor and nymph of the seas I think  drunken  drunken    I love you

Have a nice Sunday everyone! sunny

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 4:36 am

Dai & Kana, "Until"
click to expand:

Sep 27, 2019 ilica wrote:
I don't know something about them together seems right   drunken drunken

You said it! I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2021