Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2021

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Thanks for all the updates Pattina. I am so nervous for Kana and Dai. Knowing that coach Nagamitsu and Hamada is with them is a plus for them and calms my nerves a bit. I have my fingers crossed that they will win Nationals and make the Olympic team, that is a lot of pressure on them, but if not I will be disappointed but will accept.

GO KANADAI!!!!!!

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 6:26 pm

TV news - RD official practice

KanaDai have picked 3 out of 4 ice dance couples

Thanks to dear Flapperbear414 for the following 3 short videos

KanaDai's arrival at drawing

Drawing n. 3

Clip from press conference  Google Translation: Daisuke is really worried that the slider of Kana Muramoto's fastener is pointing up  
I guess because it could wound her throat. He is always so caring about others  I love you I love you I love you

Skating Japan on twitter - KanaDai's comment

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 7:15 am

Hello Ladies & everyone,

thanks Pattina for all the updates!
Their appearance at drawing...   boy what an aura! Not to mention Dai's outfit, at the edge between classy, dandy and wild  Cool  drunken

For the chronicle,  yesterday's RD practice run through, almost complete (they did the lift separately)
Wow they seem in good shape. Sharp movements, even more polished and clear, compared to NHK and Warsaw I love you

Btw in today's (12/23) morning practice they wore the white costumes, and now fans are wondering Very Happy

I have to say, I'm surprisingly calm. Maybe the nervousness will come...
Certainly, unexpected things can happen, but at the moment it looks pretty good, I think.
But no matter how it turns out, KanaDai have already won on one point: Their stunning growth in barely two years is a victory in itself. Dai's transformation into an ice dancer, his incredible super-evolution, the miracle they've pulled off as a team.

In case there will be no Beijing '22 for them, it will be something else. The main thing is that they stay healthy and we can enjoy as much of this miracle as possible!

And now: GO KANADAI, and enjoy your performance! がんばって!

PS: stream link (no guarantee)
alternative links

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:29 am

Hi everyone.  Totally unexpected, I'm watching via LIVE QQ streaming   cheers cheers cheers

Warm up is going, and although the shooting is for far away I can see red/black costumes. 

OK, now for competition the shooting is normal close up!!

GAMBATTE KANADAI!!!

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:17 pm

SPOILER - Unfortunately the RD did not go well  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  Dai fell in the mid of Step Seq. bringing down Kana with him so they were counted minus 2 for fall.  Overall GOE were not high.  Of course their PCS were up and this compensated a bit, but it will be hard to recover the gap with KoKo. 

RD RESULTS

Judges scores in detail

Apologize, I've no time now for more.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Oh, what a pity  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
Of course, I was nervous as hell just before ...
Here the stream was terribly jerky, so it was hard to follow.

Kana&Dai! Please recover from the shock and find back to your strength and confidence!
May you blossom and shine with your wonderful "Bayadére" I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 8:00 pm

Lots of Pics from today's morning practice! So, so beautiful (gimme a melting heart emoji pls  I love you  I love you  I love you  drunken  drunken )
Kana has a truely majestic aura.

Tospo Insta

The Digest

Spin

...and this one...

Kansai university magazine published KanaDai's interview almost verbatim, as it often does.
They, of course, talk about the fall and analyze what had happened.
Unsurprisingly it was nervousness that affected their "reading" of each other.
Dai said that after the recent successes, he was ambitious and wanted to do even better.

----Reading this, I thought, wasn't that always kind of Dai's Nemesis? - - being in good position and lose balance due to excessive pressure of expectation....

Tomorrow they plan to skate to their own satisfaction and not worry about results. May it succeed!  I love you  I love you  I love you

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it!  santa  santa

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 2:13 am

The Centenary Gala of Polish Skating Federation is available online

White Soran Bushi from 1:08:35

ETA White Soran YT
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 10:44 am

GOOD LUCK TO KANADAI!!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone! santa

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 12:07 am

Now it is what it is. KanaDai got silver at the Nationals by a narrow margin.
Congrats to Team KoKo, who showed a great performance! Especially I really like their FD.

And congrats to KanaDai for winning the FD and for the fighting spirit they came back with after that bad luck at RD!
Deep admiration for their graceful attitude in defeat, the smile and friendly cheerful words.
After a few years of being a fan, I too know Dai's body language a bit and the different ways he smiles.
This one was painful--

And also - not to forget - admiration for the wonderful balanced relationship of the two.
Kana seems to have nerves of steel, and an incredible amount of positive energy.

FD La Bayadère  flower  flower  flower  I love you  I love you  I love you

Kobe shimbun, some photos, quotes from interview/press conference.

University mag. with full interview verbatim.

Interesting analysis on the "Ice Dance explained" blog
Japanese Championships 2021-2022 Rhythmic Dance Technical Breakdown
The author discusses KanaDai's and KoKo's element ratings in detail, questioning two of them.

The decision on who will go to Olympics will be made tomorrow (26th) after the end of the men's FS.
The JSF will have a hard time I guess...

I sincerely wish for KanaDai the right decision (and honestly, I'm ambivalent on what may be right/beneficial for them given the circumstances).
But most of all I wish that we can see the two of them often, unfolding their huge potential more and more. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 8:48 pm

Finally news!
KanaDai don't get the Olympic spot, pity.....

But: they are nominated for 4CC and World's!!!  cheers  cheers  cheers

I have to say that after a short breath I am really glad, reassured, even relieved.
Sending them to the Olympics would have caused a lot of fuss and controversy. It would've built up enormous pressure to justify, on top of the already high expectations. This constellation could have had a bad effect on Dai's mental strength. He's vulnerable on this point, we've just seen it again.

They can achieve a lot at both the 4CC and the Worlds. Break Japanese records in ranking. Score higher than their competitors ever could. Earn 2 spots for next season.
I look forward to more unforgettable KanaDai performances!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  I love you  I love you

NB of course: Let's pray, pray, pray 4CC and Worlds wouldn't become a prey of Corona..... !!!

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 10:41 pm

Yes sonablis I have to agree with you. They don't need any negative pressure.

Very happy for them about being selected for 4CC's and Worlds. Now we have to keep
fingers and toes crossed these 2 competitions will go froward.

On a different note Congrats to Yuzu, Shoma and Yuma! cheers

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:18 am

Shyla wrote:
On a different note Congrats to Yuzu, Shoma and Yuma!

Adding my congrats! I have to say the field of amazing men's single skaters in Japan is so deep... at least the top ten are a pleasure to watch all over the way.

Dai-chan's fans react very differently to the news. Some are like, "My place is where KanaDai are", being happy with the nominations and looking forward to see them.
Others are quite upset, such as Mikeko, who wrote an angry blog post about some dubiousness in scoring.
The angry ones often assumed KanaDai would lose their motivation over the disappointment and retire right away.
But it doesn't look this way
They were in Fuji TV's "S Park" at the time of the announcement.

Report from "Daily":

Kana, my hero! She's wonderful. Letting go of what can't be helped, switching to the next with confident and proud attitude. Dai is still struggling a bit, it seems.

*praying 4CC and Worlds will happen*

sunny sunny sunny

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 3:28 am

Clips from S-Park interview with a better translation

1 - - 2

Another one...  Dai-chan as we know him  I love you  I love you  I love you

Thanks @iguana012!

ETA Koji Kurita (who's that?) on Instagram - nice Kanadai photos and a text including a cryptic statement:

>>Ice Dance - KANA MURAMOTO and DAISUKE TAKAHASHI
They have been selected for the World Championships and the Four Continents Championships!
May you express the world of Kanadai as much as you can, and fascinate Kanadai fans all over the world!
There were many dramas on the way to the All-Japan Championships until just before the show.
La Bayadere overcame all that and performed splendidly.
I was so moved that I cried. Thank you!
Thank you very much to Coach Utako Nagamitsu, everyone involved in Kanadai and all the fans.<<

Shocked Question

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 7:12 am

That is a strange post. He looks familiar. Is he Dai's trainer/physical therapist when Dai was skating singles. Maybe Pattina could help.

Now I am curious about the dramas.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 8:34 am

KanaDai at MOI "You are the Reason"

Dai & Mao Shimada (cuteness alarm!)

Maia Barouh joins KanaDai fans in tweeting a clip from Warsaw RD full of enthusiasm and emojis
"Impressed no matter how many times I see it  [...] May my voice and flute help you as much as possible"

I always wondered why KanaDai's first RD "The Mask" could only be choreographed as late as September 2020. After all,  Estero rink reopened about the end of June.
Now the reason has been revealed, and it's shocking.
Shortly after resuming the practice, Dai broke a rib while working on a lift!
He returned about a month later, but their bad luck continued. Kana fell while searching for a spin that suits them. Because of a concussion, she too had to take a month off.
So they missed two more months of practice and it was September, when the RD was finished.
If I calculate in my head the times they really had with their coaches in Estero in 2020, I come up with about 4 months. Four. Months. Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Daisuke told this in post-MOI interviev, some parts of it are in this Nikkan Sports article by Wataru Matsumoto.

Daisuke Quote:
"We had a lot of falls and falls in the lift. It must have been very scary, but I think Kana knew that if she showed it, I would lose confidence. I noticed she tried her best not to show her fear. We were able to overcome those things. And that's how we got to where we are today."

It goes on just as interesting. The entire article is worth reading.

There are other articles about their future plans/another season. I don't have time to collect and link them all. But it is striking, they are positive, refreshing and show a lot of confidence and pride.

*praying 4CC and Worlds will happen*

sunny  sunny  sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Hi everyone!! 
Apologize, I was not at home in these Christmas days (visiting relatives and friends in my native town). 
I could not watch but only follow the results and - seldom - catch up with tweets from KanaDai fan world. I returned home yesterday evening and now, before starting work, I can catch up with videos and photo.  

Thanks a lot, sonabilis, for the huge amount of links/info/etc....  I love you I love you I love you

I'm really really sorry KanaDai did not get the Oly spot they wished so much and fought to conquer, but they did not disappoint me. It was just bad luck, treacherous ice. Nothing to blame Dai on. It happened. The beauty of their skating is untouched. 

I'm sure that - Covid permitting and let's keep fingers crossed from now on!! - they will shine at 4CC and Worlds  I love you I love you I love you   Many people will watch these 2 incredible programs in all their beauty. Audience will cheer and applaude and stand up!!

Official Fuji video of announcement  -   KanaDai at 2:03 

Gif with KanaDai - they really look happy.  I love you I love you

Kishimoto Corp. posted beautiful photos from MOI - I don't know why I'm not able to post the link here. So please  click on this post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Beijing  for link to pure emotion  drunken drunken

Today's tvnews with moments from MOI and interview

GO KANADAI!!!! Show to the World who you are and shine for ever!!!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 10:39 am

Sonabilis had already anticipated Dai's quotes about the troubles and injuries KanaDai had to face in 2020.  Thanks to dear Meowmix, who uploaded a short video with English subtitles (advice: click off YT subtitles in Japanese) 

Excerpt from Nikkansport interview

Ice Dance Medal Ceremony

Number article on selection criteria  quoting Marina and with beautiful photos frpm La Bayadere

Dai with Sena Miyake at MOI backstage - source Sena via Twitter

Tweet by Daisuke Takahashi Road and Kana Muramoto Road to Beijing with translation of Kana's instastory

Flying Kana   I love you I love you I love you I love you

KanaDai at MOI posing for Kaiserclub

Dai's lovely wrinkles     I love you I love you I love you

Have a great Daiday flower   and stay safe and healthy!!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 4:36 am

This was 2021!

(No much time, hence a little random sorry)

Happy New Year to Kana & Dai and to all of you!

May it bring much new pleasure!

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:20 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Loved your KanaDai montage sonabilis, so well done!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 12:46 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

Sonabilis, that montage is great!!! Thank you so much. 

On 31 12 Kana has posted lovely words on Instagram. 

New adventures, here we go

Cuteness from MOI   I love you I love you

So many KanaDai fans are posting on social media the best wishes for a joyful 2022 with photos and gifs of the 2.  Too many to be reposted. 

A gif from Ajisai san  MOI beauty

Deracinated Flower's lovely drawings

Smiles from MOI backstage

Wishing KanaDai and you all a Joyful 2022!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2021
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15