Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2021

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 6:15 am

So the two did some more media work before leaving Japan. The fandom says thank you!  flower

Kanako Murakami hosts "Sports Stadium * Soul"  every Sunday, according to Chukyo TV's Website. A week later, on 31 Jan,  Misato & Tim will be her guests. Seems ID is becoming a topic!

KanaDai talking with Kenji, that's a thing I'm looking forward to! Kenji's interviews are always exquisite. (Hoping on subtitles or transcripts )

No snippets, not even stills of the Skycourt special  Neutral  really very restricted.
Japanese fans suggested making a series on a regular basis, or even a "K7D1 channel"
Indeed, that would be great... especially if available outside Japan.
I don't have much hope, but who knows...

Japanese blogs and tweets reported some stuff from it, so you can get an idea. I'll report a bit... (note: it's summarized from secondary sources, so no claim to be 100% correct)

Before the shoot, K&D had a week off, so they weren't in top shape, they said.
Dai said, In his single skater days, he never took a week off from practice. Kana said it is quite common for ice dancers to take a week or two off after the season ends.

Kana's leg is healing well, but was still not pain free at the time (early Jan).
Seemingly Dai was also injured (Mikeko's post in GS forum confirms this) but made no fuss about it.

According to Mikeko and a few others, Dai has gotten new boots (not comfortable yet) and new blades. The blades are a little thinner and more curved at the back end. Dai said his old blades made noise when he turned. Wasn't sure yet if it was them or his technique.

After some checkings of timing, they showed an impressive lift on land.
Some Tweets quoted Kana saying "First we have to get it 100% right on land before we go on with it on ice."
May well be the quote belongs to this action.

It was also about  building up trust as an essential basis for an ice dance pair. To feel confident that you can trust your body to your partner and that the other person will be there at the right moment. It grows slowly over time, and a mistake at the beginning can lead to trauma.
That's why Marina Zueva had warned Daisuke not to drop Kana under any circumstances. Even if she didn't get hurt, the trust would be damaged.

tbc, there are some more things to report
Sources for the above were mainly momokiku's blog and various tweets.

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 11:55 am

Wow, sonabilis, thank you a lot for reporting and thanks to Japanese fans who shared. A lot of info; happy to learn Kana's knee is healing (Dai injured but not talking at all is his usual behaviour, so I hope it was nothing serious) and that they could enjoy a week off. Impressive how they focus on creating bonds of trust in each other. I think it has been a real challenge for Dai-chan, but we know he can do anything.

10 seconds of Sport Stadium preview

Vogue Japan has anticipated the cover of next issue on IG, that includes an article about Daisuke. Yyu can read his name over the word New Era. According to English translation of a Japanese tweet the title of the article is "Daisuke Takahashi's dream form"

Vogue Japan IG

Dai did already interviews/photo shooting for Vogue Japan, always so handsome to take your breath away drunken drunken drunken

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 10:36 pm

Aaah, that 10sec promo vid must be part of the Skycourt footage!
Btw my wish to have KanaDai's skating shot by a moving cam (like oniceperspectives) came true really quickly  Very Happy
And it looks like the camerawoman did a great job! so please, wanna see more  bounce

"Skycourt Special" snippets cont'd

The forehead cam footage from Kana's/Dai's perspective suggested how hard it really is to skate together. Kana commented on the problem: there's always someone right in front of you and you have to keep the exact pace and distance all the time. A little too close and you collide, a little too far and nothing works.
- In theory, of course, we all know this, or think we do. Certainly the video gives an impressive idea of what it feels like in reality.

As I wrote above, they had a camerawoman doing the work on ice.

For a few moments, Dai acted as "Nikiya", doing hand gestures like a real ballerina. The blogger (momokiku) was surprised, but why? I'm sure she knows Dai's versatility. Okuni's dance, I just say  Smile

Kana told of their very first skate together, doing 1st time a Mohawk. She was amazed at Dai's ability to use curve and acceleration. It was natural that he was good at it, but Kana's facial expres​sion(wide-eyed, as momokiku wrote) suggested that her expectations were far exceeded.

-- That reminds me of something. In one of the interviews or talks (don't remember where), Kana said it's not easy for her to do deep edges like Dai when they skate separately side by side. Dai said he would have to go a little less deep then, but Kana was like: never, please stay as you are! --

People repeatedly commented they notice how well the two can balance each other mentally.

They themselves say they have not yet had a single argument. (almost scary Shocked )

Finally, two things I found on Twitter user azmi's blog.
One, Kana's PB in RD apparently was 65.something before 2020. If that's true, she topped it with her new partner at the Nats!?
(I can hardly believe it)

Two, a quote:
"Kana-chan often says, when she asked Daisuke to join her, she was prepared to retire if he declined. Daisuke also said, "I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for Kana."

That's true, he might not have overcome his qualms and doubts if Kana hadn't virtually placed her fate in his hands. Or in other words: she believed in him, so he had no choice.  Laughing  Laughing

Stay safe and healthy everyone!  sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 12:04 pm

Thank you sonabilis for finding/translating/reporting info from SkyCourt Special. Great job that compensates the lack of video with so many details.

sonabilis wrote:
For a few moments, Dai acted as "Nikiya", doing hand gestures like a real ballerina. The blogger (momokiku) was surprised, but why? I'm sure she knows Dai's versatility. Okuni's dance, I just say

I'm not surprised at all. Dai's ability in dancing is well known. He can play what he wants and my feeling is, practicing La Bayadère, he was able to "absorbe" and later "reply" on ice not only his character Soror, but also Kana's Nikiya and her feelings. That's why in their very first competition they were already " a couple" although they paired relatively short time ago.

From ChukyoTV

10 seconds video n. 2

New post by D-Color with 2 pics of Daisuke in the shower (no, no dear friends, do not dream in vain!! unfortunately he is not taking a shower Laughing Laughing Laughing Just showing us the details)

D-Color - Takahashi's commitment 1

Stay safe and healthy.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 4:10 am

Pattina wrote:
my feeling is, practicing La Bayadère, he was able to "absorbe" and later "reply" on ice not only his character Soror, but also Kana's Nikiya and her feelings. That's why in their very first competition they were already " a couple" although they paired relatively short time ago.

Interesting thought. Many things come to mind, but I'll keep it short: "emotional intelligence". If anyone has it, it's Dai-chan.  I love you

One more Dai-chan interview!

"Making our speed and lightness one of our attractions":

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm

sonabilis wrote:
I'll keep it short: "emotional intelligence". If anyone has it, it's Dai-chan.

You get the point. Thank you for explaining in short my confused words, that's exactly what I mean. I love you I love you I love you

Third post by Chukyotvsport as preview of upcoming interview

10 seconds practice

Akiko Tamura san for NumberWeb attended the Zoom conf call with the Ice Dance winners of US Nationals and she decided to ask them about the Kana/Dai debut. Google translation:

After all the questions from American reporters, I asked them if they had the opportunity to see the competition performances of Daisuke Takahashi and Kana Muramoto, and if so to express what they tought.

It was a question that derailed from the topic of the US Championship, so I asked it with caution, but as soon as I gave the name "Daisuke Takahashi", their eyes shined happily and everyone nodded at Zoom. I could see it well from the screen.

"First of all, Daisuke was my favorite skater, and I grew up watching him perform," said Zachary Donohue.

"Turning an event at that 'wonderful 'age is not a small challenge. Different body usage, different shoes, different turns and edge usage. You have to learn the lift and skate with your partner There's a lot to learn. I really admire that courage alone.

He has a great talent, but I think he showed Daisuke-like acting. He looks like he's having fun, but I'm looking forward to seeing him continue to show interesting programs. "

Partner Madison Hubbell continued:

"I'm originally a fan of skating, and I like watching junior games as much as I watch. I often watch what was aired on Japanese TV. I'm curious about Daisuke's conversion to ice dancing. He was a great skater and I already knew that, but I didn't know what it would be like to be an ice dance team.

I think that Kana played a big role in establishing a connection with a partner in such a short period of time. They made some mistakes in the game, but that's the way everyone goes. I'm very happy that a player who has achieved a career like him turned to ice dancing with a passion. Welcome"

Madison Chock: "It's really great that Daisuke is back on the ice. He was my favorite player. Kana is a beautiful ice dancer and I think he's the perfect and wonderful partner ever. ..

Also, I really like his yellow pants (laughs). There is no doubt that this beautiful partnership will grow even further in the future. I can't wait to see their future performances with great potential. "

"Jean-Look and I were watching the NHK Trophy video together in the changing room. " said Kaitlin Hawayek - ""Daisuke, who has made such a history as a boy, was one of my favorite players. I was impressed by his performance, such as his mohawk and rocker turns, even if it was a different event. It's great that a well-known player came to ice dancing. There are no jumps in ice dancing, but there is something special that is invisible. His turn, both hands Welcome. "

One more question for Madison Hubbel   "Can you tell me what you think [Dai] needs to go to the next level?" Hubbell said, "One point advice? That's too much. I can't, because I'm a competitor, " she jokingly said, laughing. It's an honor for them to be seen as a rival by her twice on the podium of the World Championships, even if it's just a joke.

Donohue picked up the microphone and said: "I also switched to ice dancing halfway through, but the hardest part was that I always had to give priority to my partner. I'm stubborn, so it was really hard to get used to it. But in the end, that led to better partnerships and better skating skills. Both Daisuke and Kana have a heart of gold, so I'm sure they can. I think"

Evan Bates adds:  "They have competeted only twice, but it's a lot of fun, especially at first because they can clearly see the progress. They seem to be having a lot of fun, and I hope they enjoy it.

I'm in the same "great" age group as Daisuke (laughs), so I've spent time with him, he's a very fun person. His good personality is well represented on the ice. I think they had a good choice of coach. "

The words were tied with a bright expression. Both Daisuke Takahashi and Kana Muramoto concluded the ice dance press conference, where they could understand how much they were loved by their skating friends."

Link to original source

Stay safe and healthy and have a nice Dai-day  flower

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Not "confused" at all Pattina, don't belittle yourself I love you I love you I love you
I found your words very vivid and clear. Actually wanted to write more about it but it's not an easy matter. My short wording was sort of capitulation Laughing

Thanks for translation of the US ice dancer's comments!
It's striking how much Dai was and is a "skater's skater", someone who is a great inspiration to his colleagues.

The 10sec vid no. 3 looks like their first minutes of warm-up.
Reports say they felt a bit unsteady after their week off, so they started slowly and cautiously.
Hope Kanako's TV show will feature more of the footage!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 11:48 am

New Chukyotv IG - Kana/Dai show Kanako how they hold and the difference in blades between Ice Dance and single skating.

Great video by Meowmix fan I love you

The Mask with breakdown of turns and steps

Stay safe and healthy and have a great Dai week-end.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 12:39 pm

Chukyotv IG with the usual 10 seconds from the tv special that will be aired today. Let's hope for some clips/comments.

D-color Takahashi's commitment n. 2 with a pic of a smiling Dai drunken drunken near the life-sized and D-shaped mirror at the entrance

Stay safe and healthy and have a great SunDai flower

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 2:01 am

"Kanako's Scoop" 24 January (~15min), part of Chukyo TV's broadcast format "Sposta Spirit".

Much is understandable (or guessable) even without translation.
All three obviously had a lot of fun together.
Filmed with Kanako, so no footage from Skycourt Special. But from the looks again at Funabashi rink, (did they have a special deal? felt like they were there all the time since opening Very Happy ).

Lots of underlaid pop grooves and gaudy "pling-plong", pheeww my nerves Laughing

One tweet on it may be quoted, because of a beautiful reply from Dai.
»When asked why he was so attracted to ice dance, Daisuke said simply:

"Because I can pursue the art of skating."«

Commentator adding:
»I thought he was going to answer, "Because maybe I would need to work with someone in the future" (he might have said that too...), but Dai-chan replied, "To pursue my art."  and looked kind of divine.
I'm sure he's enjoying the feeling of growth.«

Earlier today, tv asahi's "Figupedia" was aired. A half-hour feature in it was on ice dance, presented by none other than, of course, Kenji Miyamoto.
About Japan's leading ice dance pair (Misato/Tim), of course on Kana&Dai, on technique, rules, keypoints... he must have told and explained a lot of interesting things.
But he also said, "The audience is free to choose what expressions, scenes and stories they see in what the ice dance pair presents.
I want them to watch it in a relaxed way, be absorbed by it and look at the technique later."

And seems he was a bit fanboying too Very Happy
According to some tweets...
... Kenji sensei is deeply impressed by KanaDai's incredible perseverance/dedication.
... he said it is amazing for a beginner to do level 4 lifts.
... he mentioned Dais strength in using the softness of knees to control his pace ... and his ability to adapt steps to music style [the essential Dai qualities you know best for ages, don't you, Kenji sensei? Wink ]
... he said there is plenty of room for growth. Once the lifts and twizzles become stable, they'll get more points.

A bit of nostalgia to end: Dai at GP Final 2012

Have a great week, stay safe and keep your optimism sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 11:50 am

Thank you sonabilis, as usual, for providing not only links but more details, info and translations.

Yes, the 3 skaters had fun together I love you I love you   Wonderful words from Kenji Miyamoto sensei; of course he knows very well Dai's skills and how he can now take advantage of them in ice dance.

Photoshoot from Vogue Japan. Open very very carefully!! Heart attack ahead!! Warning, Dai is breathtaking beauty (as well as looking a lot younger)  drunken  drunken  drunken  Proving again he can wear whatever he likes and be always himself. I love you

The Rythm of Passion

Stay safe and healthy and have a great Dai-week.

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 6:11 pm

OMG the Vogue photos! Daigorgeousness!!!! Thanks for the warning Pattina. lol

Thanks for all the updates sonabilis and Pattina!

Have a good week and stay healthy I love you I love you

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 6:31 pm

The Vogue pics .... what a treat  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken

Really true, Dai can wear anything. But the street fashion type looks I especially like.
It's a bit like himself, multi-faceted, hardly to pigeonhole, a tiny bit crazy, but amazingly balanced as a whole.
And, he can be photographed in any pose and look gorgeous, but in motion and lively expression, he's just irresistible  I love you  I love you  I love you

There's an interview in addition, but only a preview is online.
The topics as expected, his switch to ice dance, skating with a partner, practice during Pandemic, the road to first competition, stories about music and costumes.
Quote: "He also shares his thoughts on Hyoen, the ice show he considers his life's work."

Yesss Dai, and we eagerly await the next incarnation of it!

(I recently read it was Toller Cranston's lifelong dream to establish "theater on ice" as an art genre. He tried, and after him others tried. Not easy, but maybe Japan is the environment where it could succeed...?)

If you want to watch Dai in his "Blue Cave" in long version: 08:38 min

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 7:09 am

Yesterday (28 January), a newly produced episode of Shizuka Arakawa's "Friends + @" was aired. The guest was Amon Miyamoto, director of "Hyoen 2019".
For an hour he talked about details and background of the production.
Lots about the initial ideas, how the cast came about (Shizuka and Dai were set from the start), music, script, coordination, etc.
The accompanying fireworks of fan tweets gives a little insight.
I'll try to summarise what he said (according to them) about working with Dai-chan.

He apparently shared how Dai's transformation into an expressive actor came about.
Amon-san told (according to the tweets): The producer originally didn't want Dai to speak lines. (To which Amon said, "how about some singing then", and the producer floundered => I hope I got that right. if so, it's quite funny)
Understandably, Dai acted quite inhibited in his first attempts. His voice wasn't really there either, it was "small".
Amon-san encouraged him as best he could. "Daisuke-san, your singing and speaking is not bad. But you just keep the lid on your emotions. You can do it."

It seemed Daisuke was stuck on that threshold for a while, unable to let go. Amon-san thought about how he could help him overcome his self-block.
"Expressive people are very sensitive. So I wasn't sure how to tell him."

Finally, he confronted him about his role as the protagonist: "All people come for Daisuke Takahashi's Hikaru Genji!"
From that moment, he says, Daisuke's eye expression changed.
He stopped acting childish.

(sounds a bit harsh. But I think I know what he means. The scene from that first script reading comes to mind, when Dai ran away ...  Laughing )

He turned into something like an avidly studying ascetic monk.
All of a sudden it went to 130%
It was the moment an actor was born.

I have been told by actors that almost all of them experience something similar during their stage training. It seems inevitable. However, Dai had to do it within a few weeks.  I love you

Suddenly "Hyoen" is back in focus. Seems also Dai mentions it in his VOGUE interview.
Does it mean something?

Exclamation  Stream from Tokyo TV featuring Kana & Dai today (29 Jan) at UTC 09:15 / JST 18:15  Exclamation

Last edited by sonabilis on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 12:13 pm

Thanks sonabilis I love you  Lot of very interesting facts from the backstage of Hyoen 2019. Great job by Amon Miyamoto san who was able to bring out Dai's magnificent expressiveness also on a stage completely different from his usual comfort zon: acting and singing were already "within Daisuke". Like Utako sensei years and years before, Amon san had seen the rough diamond Dai-chan, that only needed to be polished to shine in front of audience.

sonabilis wrote:
Suddenly "Hyoen" is back in focus. Seems also Dai mentions it in his VOGUE interview. Does it mean something?

In this brief summary of new Vogue article Dai describes Hyoen 2019 as "the work of his life"  (Google translation). And remember that Vogue Japan was in charge of costumes and stage preparation. Amon san guest of Shizuka...  Just coincidences? I know it would be hard to arrange a new show in this Covid time and also with Dai so focused on Ice Dance, however Dai loves challenges, doesn't he? Very Happy

JSports anticipation of Kenji's Room to be aired in February. Dai/Kana talking about...I don't know  Laughing but they do and probably explain initial poses from La Bayadére.  At 01:06 Dai shows what he has written on the board (the message is covered to prevent spoiler). Something that Kana finds very funny and Dai's eyes are sparkling bright while he himself starts laughing drunken  drunken  drunken

D-Color goes on with its posts (and pics  drunken  drunken ) about details of Dai's job as interior designer for the second project

Takahashi's commitment 3: the metal structure is a bath-towel heater as well as house heater, resulting also in a decorative design element.

Takahashi's commitment 4: the focus is on the multifunction table. It was made by a craftsman in order to satisfy the request of a table with multiple uses: from cooking to work desk and a place to relax looking out of the window.

Stay safe and healthy and have a nice Dai-day

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi everyone!! Let's start the weekend with 3 videos Kana/Dai recorded for tv and sponsors I love you I love you I love you

TV Tokyo Sport's video Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi challenge the beginning of writing!. Kana/Dai were asked to write their aspirations for 2021 and they did it using the artistic tecnique of brush and ink.

I'm impressed, it looks not at all easy affraid you must have firm and quick hand (to avoid ink blots and smudges) but at the same time you must pay great attention to ideograms details. Dai seems more accustomed that Kana in using the brush; they enjoyed the challenge laughing and having fun together all the time I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Kateigaho magazine anticipates the March issue with this video message

Special message video from Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi! <March 2021 issue interlocking project>

From Puma's official website: Kana/Dai present Puma first "platform running shoes" (with large size video and pics drunken drunken drunken drunken )

Run Puma Sparke Change: Kana Muramoto - Daisuke Takahashi

Nikkansport article about Puma new shoes reporting Kana/Dai words from video

English translation thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

Stay safe and healthy and enjoy a lovely Dai-weekend I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 1:33 pm

Pattina wrote:
I know it would be hard to arrange a new show in this Covid time and also with Dai so focused on Ice Dance, however Dai loves challenges, doesn't he?

Yeah, the waves of excited conjecture are already rippling among fans  Laughing
On second thought: Presumably, preparations for a new "Hyoen" creation have long been underway. For such big stage productions, planning has to be done far in advance. I could well imagine that a new production was intended for this year, despite ice dance, etc.
Same director and similar cast would also be conceivable, as they were apparently very happy together in 2019.
The uncertainty factor is clearly Covid.

I read in a blog that Kana tried calligraphy for the first time. Dai has more practice - IIUC he said he always does this at New Year (maybe a tradition there??). But he wants to learn more, so far he has only learned with hard brushes.
The blogger apparently cares about Japanese traditional arts and is happy about Dai's interest.
He/she wrote Dai told in "2000 Days" that he loves the tea ceremony.
(That surprises me. I remember Dai-chan joking that he was taught the tea ceremony at school, but completely forgot everything. But that was longer ago)
Also "ikebana", flower arranging, Dai said he would like to try, the blogger writes.

-- Source

ETA: Indeed, it is a japanese tradition to do calligraphy at beginning of the year: Kakizome

Some more stills from Puma clip  drunken  drunken

Have a nice Sunday and stay healthy!  sunny

Last edited by sonabilis on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 10:13 pm

About 2 hours ago, Fuji TV apparently aired a selection of Dai's skating programmes, chosen by himself.
Only from national competitions, (seems to have been the concept, maybe a matter of broadcast rights).

Dai's line-up includes POTO (Nats), VAS (Nats), Pagliacci (Nats) PGG (Sectionals) and Phoenix (Nats).
He also hosted it himself (IIUC along with fellow skater Yuhana Yokoi), and here's a fan comment, with Google's translation being just adorable:

"He talks with his brilliant eyes.
The loosely wavy hair feels very good.
The handsome guy is exploding."

Laughing  drunken  Laughing  drunken

No pics, too bad...

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 6:24 am

Meryl Davis, original inspirer of the venture "let's-kidnap-Daisuke-get-him-to-ice-dance-and-have-him-pair-up-with-Kana" Wink , talked to Olympic Channel about her impressions of Dai the ice dancer. Well, she's blown away:

News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 Meryl_11

Would she have ever thought her crazy idea would become reality?  Very Happy

A smile to sink into drunken

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 11:55 am

Lovely words from Meryl, a fan and a friend who never hid her admiration for Dai's expressive talent when he was a single skater I love you Like many other people, she was able to "look behind" the mere technical skating skills and to find the unique feature that makes Dai an artist on the ice, a true dancer.

The last D-color post Takahashi's commitment - 5 focuses on the setting for the tiny bathroom: Dai decided all elements should be black. Look closely: the light/shadow forms casted by the wall lamps are replicated in the basin front decoration. According to the writer, it's something incredible, but I add "not for Dai's fans", we know how he loves to put attention to details I love you I love you

It's great to sink in that smile drunken drunken drunken drunken It lights up the day sunny

Stay safe and healthy!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 3:45 pm

One year to go until the Beijing Olympics.  TBS TV (Tokyo Broadcasting System) presents some Japanese athletes who aspire to participate. Yesterday, it was about Kana&Dai.
A few quotes from what Dai says, according to momokiku's blog.

"Of course, my goal is to participate in the Olympics. The wall is insanely high, but I feel like I can move forward with a clear idea of what I need to do and do my best."

"It's difficult ... But that makes it all the more worthwhile!"

"I'm hoping a bit my name would be a chance for people to know about ice dancing."

momokiku comments, "What has changed compared to the single era is that he always ends his statements with positive words"
She also notes that Olympics, while obviously a great goal, is not Dai's central purpose in life.
However, he needs it for his "own growth".
Or, as she writes: "As long as Dai-chan has something to aim for, he can stand without shaking."

In a previous entry, the same blogger talks about the recent Fuji TV special with Dai's singles programs selected and commented by himself.
She reports two of his comments: first, of course he feels nostalgic from time to time about his days in single skating.
Second, he intends to reactivate PHOENIX sometime in not too distant future!

In JBpress these days was a three-part special about Kenji Miyamoto.(Who is interested: part 1 - 2 - 3 ... recommended to translate with DeepL, Google page translation is not always understandable)
Kenji told about his beginnings as a choreographer, his way of working (he doesn't plan much in advance, most of it he invents while working with the skater) - and some more.
Of course he is enthusiastic and impressed by KanaDai's development, but also praises Misato&Tim a lot.
One anecdote, it's about KanaDai's Ex "You are the reason". Kenji started choreographing with them and suddenly realized that vocals and version of the song were different from what he knew.
It turned out they actually had different versions. He hadn't been able to open the audio file they sent him, so he searched for the song himself.
In this situation his more "improvisational" way of working was certainly an advantage, I guess. Smile

Have a great weekend and stay healthy! sunny

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 4:27 am

Once again, the fans have created a Twitter hashtag:

Let's put up some beautiful moments of #Kanadai.

Enjoy!  Very Happy

Recently the ISU Communications No 2370 and 2371 were released, they are relevant for KanaDai.
2370 is about how to gain required Minimum TES for participation at WC. It ist possible to submit a video for virtual evaluation.
2371 specifies the requirements for RD in season 2021/22.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Hi everyone. Apologize, I've been lazy lately Very Happy Luckily sonabilis has kept the forum updated with so many interesting things. Thank you I love you

From Vogue Japan on IG Young and wild drunken drunken drunken drunken

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Hello everyone,

so Pattina, so much laziness is uuunforgivable, especially after well over 3000 posts  lol!

Fans saw reason to create hashtags once again, so we can enjoy another flood of images:

#Let's put up some of Daisuke Takahashi's beautiful moments!
#Let's put up some beautiful Daisuke Takahashi moments without saying a word

February is the month of anniversaries of various great performances of Dai, at 4CC and Olympics, but also in shows.
These days 4 years ago, Dai was an impressive "homeless guy" at AOI, his first "real" role, even before Hyoen 2017.

And finally, 27 years ago today, on Valentine's Day 1994, little Daisuke took his very first steps on skates.

Cute 14yo Dai  - it was the time when the boy dreamed to participate once in the Olympics....

Have a wonderful sunny SunDai sunny

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 7:42 pm

I was never sure if it's appropriate to link to the "other forum", so I was always hesitant about it.
Or maybe you all read there too anyway...?
No matter. This post definitely deserves a reading recommendation. Great job by synesthesia! flower

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2021
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next