Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2021

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:46 am

Thanks sonabilis! That was a great read! Dai and Kana have been quiet. I wondering if they are working hard on submitting their virtual programs to get the world minimums or maybe working on programs for next season. I wonder if they will keep their FD and have a new RD.

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Thanks sonabilis. Really great.

Shyla wrote:
I wondering if they are working hard on submitting their virtual programs to get the world minimums or maybe working on programs for next season.
 Don't know if they will submit their virtual programs, but they are back to training in Estero cheers cheers cheers

Dai has updated his IG  Dai-chan IG - 15 February 2021 promoting the new Puma training shoes.  OMG he is so tanned and handsome and his smile is brighter than the sun.

Kana has posted some pics, too promoting Puma shoes.

Nana san is lady training (as amateur) at the same rink. Last year she and her friend Pensgalko could watch Kana and Dai training Pics of 26 February 2020

Yesterday the two ladies had againg permission to watch practice and post pics  cheers  cheers  cheers

Kana and Dai at Hertz Arena rink 15 February 2021.  

Pengalko tweeted two of the pics Nana san shared on IG.

Pensgalko on Twitter

I was really starving for news and this one is great!!!

As the pandemic is far from over, please Kana-chan, Dai-chan and you all stay safe and healthy.

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Beautiful, both the fan pics and the Puma promo!  drunken  Kana's special charisma comes out impressively here. She's so unlike the usual japanese-girl style, and seems to me her aura is getting even more powerful now. I love you

Registration deadline for the virtual minimum expires today. I could imagine they've used it as it's an opportunity to present themselves to ISU judges. Since RD TES was ok, they only need to submit the FD.
ETA: That's incorrect, they would definitely have to submit the RD as well. Thanks Pattina for correction  Smile

Whether they keep La Bayadere ... everything points to it, I would say. It has the flair of a great competitive program. If so, they're certainly going to up it content-wise.
Dai as well as Zueva mentioned the lift repertoire as a next task.

In any case, may they stay healthy and without major injuries! Then it all will be fine.

Last edited by sonabilis on Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 7:13 pm

Thanks Pattina for the Dai/Kana updates. I was starved for news too! Florida's sunny climate
agrees with Dai, so handsome and tanned. I love you

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 4:44 pm

It's nice to know Kana & Dai are healthy and cheerful in Estero  sunny
It was 11 years ago today that Dai won his Olympic bronze. For all who were there at the time, I'm sure it was a huge event and a wonderful memory.

Fans continue to post a tsunami of pics and other heartwarming Dai stuff. There's a reason for that (Tweet by @noball0917, just use translation button) - You long-time fans know the issue, I think.
However, I don't want to bring that up here but focus on the pics. Ready for a little time travel?
Where to start ... drunken

Collages:

1 - 2 - 3

Dai single pics:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9  

There are so many of them, I could go on until Easter  Laughing

... with Kana:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Well, enough for today.

A lot of health and joy to you all! sunny

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:10 pm

The blueray/DVD release planned for Dai's birthday can be pre-ordered starting today.  On the order site of PonyCanyon is new promo material and a video (geoblocked  Rolling Eyes )

It's said Dai himself did the complete narration/commentary.
Fans who saw the video are thrilled with the quality of his narration and -- his voice:
"When I listened to it with earphones, the gentle voice made me swoon."    Laughing
"I hope he'll do more voice work in the future. I'd like to see him as a narrator or something. I'm glad his field has expanded since he worked on 'Hyoen'." (source)

From the accompanying photo book a few samples

-1-
-2- (..... swoonin' too Laughing )

...and some screenshots

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 1:13 pm

Sonabilis, thanks a lot for the time travel drunken drunken drunken and the info/pics about the release (countless drunken )

Pity the video is geoblocked but dear fans supplied lot of Dai stuff from it

More screenshots here
This total brown look is unusual; seldom I saw Dai with this chocolate nuance, anyway he is stunning as usual

Kana/Dai on the cover of Sky Perfect March issue

Seems Nitteletv will air a tv special about Dai-chan next 28 February. Here the information tweet

15 seconds preview

We do not know if Kana/Dai have submitted videos to ISU committee to get the minimum scores. I hope so, because they need judges' feedback and, althought this solution is not as thrilling as a competition, this is a motivation to go forward. Unfortunately, Kana/Dai have to get both minimum scores because the RD score they got at NHK is not valid as minimum according to the ISU Season 2020/2021 GP announcement

Lovely fan creation
- Kana has retweeted, thanking the fan I love you

Have a nice SunDai sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 6:40 pm

Pattina wrote:
seldom I saw Dai with this chocolate nuance, anyway he is stunning as usual

True, he doesn't wear brown that often. But it suits him well, at least this warm nuance
Chocolate suit and chocolate eyes  drunken  drunken
And I love his thoughtful, kind of inquiring expression.  I love you  I love you  I love you

Pattina wrote:
the RD score they got at NHK is not valid as minimum according to the ISU Season 2020/2021 GP announcement
Ah I didn't know that, thanks for clarification! (post is corrected)

Curious to see what the theme of the special on  28th will be.  Announcement kind of looks like stories about his rehab 12 years ago...?
The shooting for that seems to be done just before leaving Japan (blond streak and beard, as in the recent IG pics, Sherlock says  Wink )

sunny  sunny  sunny

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 8:32 pm

He is so beautiful (sigh) that he could wear a trash bag and look Daigorgeous I like the brown color on him goes well with his dreamy eyes I love you

Thanks for updates! Looking forward to the special on the 28th.

Have a good and safe week!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 pm

Taichi Honda (brother of Marin, Miyu and Sara) has announced his retirement posting on IG a video with the messages he received from friends  Kana/Dai send their best wishes starting from 00:30.

A bit of "stalking" Laughing Laughing   : Shyla, how was the weather in Florida lately? Dai keeps his arms crossed close to his body as if he were cold.   Oh, and we have seen maybe the balcony of the flat that Kana/Dai are possibly sharing?

Tanned, muscle and blond lock: irresistible drunken drunken  (I suggest to enlarge the video)

Many skaters send messages. Some I know, some others not. But I'm pleased Taichi has so many friends happy to cheer for him in his new part of his life.  

Stay safe and healthy

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 5:36 am

That is a great video and I like Dai's blond streaks, thanks for sharing.

Pattina it has been pretty warm and unusually humid for this time of year in Florida especially
the area that Dai is at. I don't live in Florida but have family and friends who do. So maybe Dai just finished working out and he had a chill. Laughing Those arm muscles, yikes!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:40 am

Shyla, thanks for info!!

Dai has updated his IG with a pic and an instastory

IG pic - Dai wrote the comment in English cheers cheers

Just another day of skating with my buddy @jackson.ultima

Don't know why but I'm no more able to watch the instastories on the pc via Instagram app. I put here the link provided by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi, hoping it will work for you.

Dai's instastory . Monday vibes

The promo for Daisuke Takahashi "The Real Athlete - Phoenix" - Blu-Ray DVD thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi (if you click on the youtube link, the video is not available; anyway small Chocolate Dai is better than nothing Very Happy )

Dai's promo for The Real Athlete - Phoenix

Stay safe and healthy flower

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Thanks Pattina for Insta links and the video!
Yes those arm muscles are worth seeing  Very Happy  Dai's "body remodeling" was clearly successful.

The blonde streak set me a little on guard  Very Happy
To me, it looks like Dai's hair styles are often mood indicators. Like with those fish or geckos, you know. Black and short is "down to essentials" or "survival mode", but the more colorful the reflexes, the more energized/ hopeful/ daring the fish is. (beware when he entirely changes to bright blonde!  Laughing )

Dai's friend Yoshi the musician made a new song and in the video Dai had a short (~1sec) cameo.
Screenshots of badass-looking Dai.

Does someone know when and where this was?

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am

Yesterday, the first part of "Kenji's Room" aired with Kana&Dai as guests. Twitter commenters all wrote that the 30 minutes "were over in the blink of an eye"
Both a lot of fun and deep conversations took place, they said.

Kana, Dai and Kenji spoke Kansai dialect throughout, making the atmosphere pleasantly unpretentious and fun.
("Kansai ben" is associated among Japanese with fun, comedy and a talkative personality).
They made jokes with the language (or dialect), twisting "Fuji-san" for Mt. Fuji into "Fujitan", the tweeters were very amused.
It's about Daisuke's visit to the small island of Enoshima (in Tokyo Bay), which offers a grand panorama of Mt Fuji, and he couldn't calm down about it at all (tweet):

"A 34-year-old who overlooks Mt. Fuji from Enoshima and gets excited and plays ONE PIECE.
'I can see Mt. Fuji from Kanto!'"
(Kanto - Eastern Japan. The twitterer amusedly asks if Dai never had time to look out of the Shinkansen windows, from where the holy mountain is clearly visible).

The childlike enthusiasm is one of the most magical traits about Daisuke I love you

- Will continue, there were more interesting topics, especially details about the birth of ice dance pair KanaDai
Maybe I'll find more sources too, hopefully Smile
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Thank you sonabilis. Wow, great badass Dai Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool  

Nice pic of a smiling and relaxed Dai drunken drunken - it's just my impression, of course, but somehow it reminds me of the time Dai arrived to New York. I remember he did a video as Listerine testimonial and he was going around NY taking pics with his smartphone..... I have some pics in the external hard disk, maybe I'll take a look when I have time.

EDIT - a lot of nice stuff from yesterday's talk with Kenji. Thanks sonabilis and thanks to dear fans.

sonabilis wrote:
The childlike enthusiasm is one of the most magical traits about Daisuke

Yes, totally agree!!! We have enjoyed it in so many tv news and documentaries. Do you remember Dai's reports about the Modern Art Exhibition, when he played with colored cubes? Or when he watched the Disney show? I  I love you how he let his little child flow out.

Stay safe and healthy.

Last edited by PATTINA on Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 12:13 pm

sonabilis wrote:
Does someone know when and where this was?

Pattina wrote:
somehow it reminds me of the time Dai arrived to New York. I remember he did a video as Listerine testimonial and he was going around NY taking pics with his smartphone

This time my memory has not betrayed me  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Here is the full video Dai - Listerine challenge dear Twind posted on 10/06/2015 with English subs.  Dai at the chess table at 3:27 I love you

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Worrying news: Kana's knee is still not okay!  Shocked  Sad  Due to this, they withdrew from nomination as a substitute for WC. They didn't submit any videos either.

Their own statement, according to the source above:

"The ISU (International Skating Union) offered us the opportunity to earn points to compete online, but we couldn't do it in perfect condition at the time of submission, so we decided not to do it. From now on, we will work on clearing the issues one by one for the next season, and we will do our best for the upcoming games. Thank you for your continued support."

Kana-chan, dear! I love you Wishing you a quick and complete recovery from the bottom of the heart! I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 8:11 pm

I just read the news about their withdrawal as substitutes. I hope everything is alright with Kana.

Pattina you beat me to it I was going to say New York too, thanks for the video I never get
tired of watching Dai.

Thanks sonabilis for translation and other news!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 am

Pattina wrote:
Dai - Listerine challenge dear Twind posted on 10/06/2015

Adorable! Now I have a smile on my face Very Happy
I didn't know that video, thanks Pattina for searching and linking!
Dai's off-ice activities I don't know as well as you longtime fans. Also on this...

Pattina wrote:
the Modern Art Exhibition, when he played with colored cubes? Or when he watched the Disney show?

....I have no images in my memory.
Instead, I right now remember a very young, very exuberant Dai at..... Wait... was it Halloween in NY 2007? Can it be?

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi everyone. So sorry to learn Kana is still struggling with her knee injury Crying or Very sad and that Kana/Dai decided to withdraw as second chance. Anyway, of course health is the most important item.

Dai knows well the meaning of stressing an injured leg to compete Sad therefore if stepping aside is the best thing to do now, they have decided for good. Covid pandemic has forced ISU to change the rules in this season: maybe rules will change again in the future, with more opportunities for Kana/Dai to achieve the minimum scores.

Shyla, thanks for link.

sonabilis wrote:
Dai's off-ice activities I don't know as well as you longtime fans. Also on this...

Pattina wrote:
the Modern Art Exhibition, when he played with colored cubes? Or when he watched the Disney show?

....I have no images in my memory.

Oh, it dates back when Dai was working for NTV as "entertainment reporter" with his Spotlight news. He was covering the Yokohama Triennale Exhibition and he did not hide his interest in the various artistic works and he clearly expressed how he enjoyed the exhibition. I had to dive a bit into 2017 old stuff on the web Very Happy Very Happy but at last I have found it Dai's Spotlight at Yokohama Triennale - Dai playing with cubes at 03:52 (by the way, the colored bears are by Italian artist Paola Pivi)

Sonabilis, you are right: Dai was hyper-exited at 2007 Halloween Parade in NY.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:28 pm

Thank you Pattina for your effort! flower
When I "encountered" Daisuke, so to speak, which was in March 2018, he was a TV person, with a variety of activities.
I found his features interesting, there was also his series on manga, which he seemed to put a lot of effort into.
But there wasn't much time to get to know that better. Suddenly Dai unretired, the excitement was huge, and then of course it was about other topics.

Dai was again scheduled for the Olympic torch relay next May. However, his participation is questionable at the moment because apparently there are fears of bigger crowds and the organizers are considering how to prevent this. (I can well imagine that half of the Okayama province is on the move to see Dai as a torch runner).
I don't have the link at hand, but you can find it at the always reliable DTRtS.

Next post is the second part of the Kenji's Room stories

Last edited by sonabilis on Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Stories from "Kenji's Room" Part 2

From the Quadruple Axel interview with Kana's sister Satsuki, we know that Kana only knew Daisuke from saying hello, but admired him very much.
So it was not easy for her to approach him.

On "Kenji's Room," she told how she went to watch a play shortly after New Year 2019.
A play by "Umeibo," it said. Possibly she meant this dance theater company.

How big was her surprise that Daisuke happened to be there on the same night! He "was nominated as a guest and went up on stage to jump the long rope" (@openaquamarine)

She seems to have thought "now or never" and asked for him, but was told (by his companions?) he had already left.
However, she got the contact information and contacted him that very evening.

-- That theatrical performance was on Jan. 5, 2019, they say.
A week later, on 12th, Dai held a presentation for SkyCourt, which was his first public appearance after the 2018 Nats.--

Apparently, Kana & Dai tell Kenji the whole story of how she invited him, that he was actually interested right away, but had strong doubts because he thought he would not be a suitable partner for her.

"Even so, she didn't give up and spent six months trying to woo him."
(@kummymura)

Somewhere I read that Kana was in a really difficult situation at that time. Since her splitup with Chris, she wasn't considered an active skater, wasn't getting JSF support, and didn't even have a rink available to practice on. At times she stayed with her sister in Thailand to train.

Daisuke had asked for time to think it over, but seems to have stayed out of touch for a while. Kana waited and then asked again. He continued to hesitate.
Then she got the invitation to be an ensemble member in "Hyoen". This led to the idea of a tryout during rehearsal camp.
But they had agreed - or Daisuke had suggested - that she continue to look for other possible partners. How much she tried is up for grabs. IIRC, she mentioned meeting a candidate, but with no results. Anyway, she apparently didn't advertise on relevant internet portals where skaters sign up to find partners (as kaorumikeko wrote in her blog in April 2019, somewhat puzzled)

-- The preceding two paragraphs are info I read elsewhere. The Twitter commenters don't give details, but it reads like that's about what they told on Kenji's show. Certainly with more color and emotion than can be reproduced.

[t.b.c.]

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Hi everyone,
here are some reports and clips by Dai's fandom on Twitter about

"The stopped life clock starts again"

TV sevice by ntv.co.jp
Daisuke talks about the time 12 years ago when he disappeared for 10 days during rehab.
Very emotional matter...

Fan reports on Twitter (click to expand):

ETA
--VIDEO COMPLETE--
thanks Twind!

ETA2
Dai-chan's words of thanks to Utako (from yocco's blog)

"I took it out on you a lot. Even so, you were always there for me.
I feel I am the person I am today because of you. Thank you so much!"

Video clips

Begin (LOTF)

In Florida

Dai ordering in English
("I’ll have a tall cold brew with light almond milk")

=> Japanese fans wondering about almond milk   Laughing

Dai-chan looking back

Dai & Utako remote

Dai & Utako in Vancouver

Screenshots

Stay safe and healthy everyone! sunny

Last edited by sonabilis on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:25 pm

A new brilliant work by meowmix, footwork breakdown of KanaDai's FD at Nats. Very nice and even more elaborated than usual. At the beginning a two minute montage of the stages that led them both there.

The magazine "Kateigaho" ("Family pictorial") did two in-depth interviews with Kana&Dai, released in its January and March issues respectively.
A few outtakes, which were not published, have been put online by Kateigaho.
The part from first interview, conducted last October, is IMO quite interesting. Here machine translated:

Interview outtakes, Oct 2020:

Just ..... some ..... D-eye candy

sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2021   News and Topics 2021 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2021
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next