Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post-Worlds news

Go down 
+30
panther
Dencar
nipponophile
Faith85j
paaandora
Starlias
dilemma
miki
Genki
marie
Sabse
malo42
daifan
Leode
BiBi
Artemis
anemarrie
swandie
hsuhs
kei
paola5
Lina11
franklycurious
sanseki
MissC
blacksugarbomb
Euphoria
ericacsy
miyu
Calliope
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
paola5
1A
1A
paola5

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Post-Worlds news - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Quote :
I'm not surprised! Daisuke's being received as an Elvis Presley these days everywhere he goes Laughing bounce king

Me too. He is so beutiful and such a big star.
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:18 am

The broadcast date for TFP2 has been set! It's going to be on the 19th, just like kei predicted. I can't wait! I finally got around to watching last year's show, and it was hilarious. Razz (I'm sad Miki and Nobunari won't be on again this time though, they were so amusing!)

Daisuke's going to make an appearance at the Tokyo International Flower & Garden Show on the 22nd. Why a flower show?? Maybe they'll have him sell flowers or something. Laughing
http://tokyoflowershow.jp/2010/04/post-11.html
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks, Calliope!!

Calliope wrote:
The broadcast date for TFP2 has been set! It's going to be on the 19th,
I'm looking forward to seeing it, definitely!! bounce bounce

Calliope wrote:
Why a flower show?? Maybe they'll have him sell flowers or something.
Totally no idea.... Shocked Rolling Eyes

Tomorrow morning (JST), Dai-chan and Mao will appear in Hanamaru-cafe together. flower
Hanamaru-cafe: TBS TV April 13th 8:30am-9:55am (JST)
http://www.tbs.co.jp/hanamaru/

BTW, did you guys see this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnExL3HOX4
Dai-chan openly asked Mao for a date. Laughing Laughing Cool

From 4:10
"Hello, Mao. Mao will turn 20 yo in September. What would you like to do? I'd like to drink with Mao when Mao becomes 20. Please go for a drink with me."
Back to top Go down
anemarrie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks girls for the videos! Like a Star @ heaven a date?! a bit weird...i thought Dai said that Mao was like his little sister :p and didn't he wrote in "Be soul" that he has a girlfriend? :p just askin'..... jocolor
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 pm

anemarrie wrote:
a date?! a bit weird...i thought Dai said that Mao was like his little sister :p and didn't he wrote in "Be soul" that he has a girlfriend? :p just askin'..... jocolor

I think he maybe said that because in Japan the legal age for consuming alcohol is 20 years? (like in the US it's 21 years). And he's inviting her to have a drink together to celebrate the fact? drunken Very Happy

It's sweet, and September is still an off-season, so maybe Mao is going to have a beer with Daisuke? queen

Calliope wrote:
Why a flower show?? Maybe they'll have him sell flowers or something. Laughing
Flowers? That's an interesting endorsement flower bounce I thought, what kind of flower I associate most with Daisuke? Well, it's an orchid.
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Calliope wrote:
Daisuke's going to make an appearance at the Tokyo International Flower & Garden Show on the 22nd. Why a flower show??
Because he's been giving imaginary flowers to judges (and now fans) all around the world this past year?!? Very Happy

And I don't know if it's funny or weird that they got Dai to ask Mao out for a drink on TV...
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 am

miyu wrote:

From 4:10
"Hello, Mao. Mao will turn 20 yo in September. What would you like to do? I'd like to drink with Mao when Mao becomes 20. Please go for a drink with me."

I do not think this is "Asking out" in American sense. Like Hushs said this is rather celebrating Mao's coming of age.

Rather, there are lot of people who were shocked to hear that Dai called her "Mao", not "Mao-chan" as usual.
In Japanese culture, calling girls name with out any Chan or San often means that they are very very close including intimacy.

I read a few comments like," So they may be imtimate.!!" or " My heat went pitter patter when Dai called her "Mao."
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 am

Mao is an adorable & popular young girl.

First, Jeffrey Buttle gives her a kiss at the end of their "pairs" performance (see the very end of the vid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IkFx2gAdAg

Then Evgeni Plushenko demands a kiss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA2-lOyC49w

And now Daisuke wants to have a drink with her, and refers to her as just 'Mao' on national TV!

sunny Cool
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:57 am

hsuhs wrote:
Flowers? That's an interesting endorsement flower bounce I thought, what kind of flower I associate most with Daisuke? Well, it's an orchid.

Oh? Why an orchid? Smile

anemarrie wrote:
Thanks girls for the videos! Like a Star @ heaven a date?! a bit weird...i thought Dai said that Mao was like his little sister :p and didn't he wrote in "Be soul" that he has a girlfriend? :p just askin'..... jocolor

In Be Soul he talked about how he acts when he has a girlfriend, but I don't think he meant that he had a girlfriend at that particular time. It wasn't entirely clear, but that's what it seemed like to me (though I might be wrong).

Genki wrote:
Rather, there are lot of people who were shocked to hear that Dai called her "Mao", not "Mao-chan" as usual.
In Japanese culture, calling girls name with out any Chan or San often means that they are very very close including intimacy.

I read a few comments like," So they may be imtimate.!!" or " My heat went pitter patter when Dai called her "Mao."

I saw a lot of comments like that too. I don't get the fuss though, during an interview a few days ago Daisuke was asked what he calls Mao, and he said "Mao or Mao-chan". And he calls Miki/Yukari/etc. by their first names (without -chan) too.

At any rate, the Daisuke/Mao supporters kind of scare me... All of a sudden huge numbers of them just popped up out of nowhere! Shocked And they're quite zealous too. I do think Daisuke and Mao are really cute, but I don't know, Daisuke just seems like an old man sometimes! Razz And Mao still looks like 16 to me.

hsuhs wrote:
Mao is an adorable & popular young girl.

First, Jeffrey Buttle gives her a kiss at the end of their "pairs" performance (see the very end of the vid):

Then Evgeni Plushenko demands a kiss:

And now Daisuke wants to have a drink with her, and refers to her as just 'Mao' on national TV!

Don't forget all the Takahiko/Mao supporters out there too! I thought that was the most popular Mao pairing for the longest time, but now the Daisuke/Mao supporters are giving them a run for their money. Laughing I can see fanwars breaking out after TFP2.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:18 am

Calliope wrote:
Oh? Why an orchid? Smile

Because it's so complex, has so many features, details, and yet everything in that flower is in a perfect harmony, elegant and balanced:

http://hankinslawrenceimages.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/orchid_1.jpg

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/shenews/images/orchids.jpg

Calliope wrote:
Don't forget all the Takahiko/Mao supporters out there too! I thought that was the most popular Mao pairing for the longest time
I was completely unaware of that storyline! Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:12 am

Thanks again for all the news, everyone! Interesting that people are reading so much into Dai wanting to take Mao out for a drink on her 20th. I don't believe for a second that he has romantic intentions! Laughing It's not out of the ordinary for older friends to take a younger one out for their first drink. I think Takahiko would be interested in going along as well.

Calliope wrote:

Don't forget all the Takahiko/Mao supporters out there too! I thought that was the most popular Mao pairing for the longest time, but now the Daisuke/Mao supporters are giving them a run for their money. Laughing I can see fanwars breaking out after TFP2.

Laughing Laughing Reading this made me think of "shippers". I hope they don't start writing fanfiction about them.

Didn't Takahiko/Mao come up because of that little press conference they had at '06 junior worlds? Mao made a comment to Kozu about it being like a marriage thing and Kozu chuckled a bit while telling her to shut up. Honestly, I'm one of those people who thinks Takahiko and Mao would make a nice couple. Something about the way they interact makes me think there are sparks. However, I don't wrap myself up in it too much.

Virtue and Moir are actually getting grief from fans about not being a couple off the ice. People have written them and told them that they should just admit they're in love and get together already. That's quite intrusive and I hope Mao is not getting messages like that.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 am

Wooo, sorry, I didn't mean it serious!! Rolling Eyes Just a JOKE. Haha. lol! lol!

swandie wrote:
I don't believe for a second that he has romantic intentions!

Yah, as you know, noone asks a girl for a date seriously on TV. Wink

Calliope wrote:
In Be Soul he talked about how he acts when he has a girlfriend, but I don't think he meant that he had a girlfriend at that particular time. It wasn't entirely clear, but that's what it seemed like to me (though I might be wrong).
I think so, too. He just talks about his relationship with his girlfriend generally in "Be Soul". I don't know whether it's true or not, but he keeps saying he haven't had a girlfriend for these a few years.

In today's Hanamaru-cafe, Mao and Dai-chan were asked if they wanted to fall in love with someone now. Very Happy Dai-chan's answer was "No". Because once he has a girl friend he will be obsessed with it too much and likely forget about skating. It's better to stay away from it.

Hearing of this, I felt a bit sorry for him... Neutral Dating with a girlfriend is a lot of fun for a 24 yo boy. (and healthy, maybe.) I want him to enjoy his life, too. Anyway, as long as Dai-chan is happy, I'm happy!! I love you

Ganki wrote:
As Calliope wrote, he calls Miki and Akiko by their first name like "Miki" and "Akko". (I don't remember how he called Yukari.)

swandie wrote:
Virtue and Moir are actually getting grief from fans about not being a couple off the ice. People have written them and told them that they should just admit they're in love and get together already. That's quite intrusive and I hope Mao is not getting messages like that.
US. skaters and Canadian skaters relationships among them look like ER or Beverly Hills 90210!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 am

swandie wrote:
Didn't Takahiko/Mao come up because of that little press conference they had at '06 junior worlds? Mao made a comment to Kozu about it being like a marriage thing and Kozu chuckled a bit while telling her to shut up.

I don't know that much about the "history" of Takahiko/Mao, but yes, I believe that's where it started. Laughing I don't believe in "shipping" real people, but I have to say they are pretty cute together. Razz

swandie wrote:

I heard about that happening to Virtue/Moir too. Neutral Honestly, those fans should be ashamed of themselves. These are real people, not characters in a TV show! But I am a bit worried that Mao is sort of getting messages like that from the Japanese media. It seems like they really want to set her up with someone because they've been talking non-stop about her "wanting to fall in love" recently. After the Olympics an interviewer asked her, "How about Kozuka?" (to which she awkwardly replied "He's a good friend"), and now it seems like they're moving onto Daisuke. Rolling Eyes All their appearances together post-Worlds have been really cute, but it's just so awkward when the interviewers purposely ask questions to make it seem like something's going on between them.

Anyway, I watched Hanamaru Cafe earlier today too. Here's what I remember:

- Mao and Daisuke were asked to write down something that "only they know about the other person." Mao said that Daisuke seems cool on the ice, but is actually very funny. When I heard that I almost said, "Come on Mao, we all know that already, tell us something we don't know!" Laughing Daisuke said that Mao seems cute, but is actually "handsome". Razz He said that she has guts and is "masculine", and that she used to not use a purse/wallet and just throw money into a bag. In comparison to her, he thinks he's really wishy-washy. Razz And then Mao commented on how Daisuke more "methodical" with how he dresses himself and sets his hair and stuff.

- Mao had a picture of being hugged by Tarasova, and said that being hugged by her feels really good. Daisuke agreed and said it's like being enveloped by a water bed or something. Razz

- There was a fortune teller who did a palm reading for them. He said Daisuke has good luck, has an artistic temperatic, is a romanticist, overcomes injury well, thinks about things simply, will have good luck on vacations, is masochistic (from his "M line" Laughing), and will get married in 7 years. Daisuke said "How old will I be in 7 years? I'm 24 now, so..." and then someone else had to tell him he would be around 30. I'm sure he was really tired, but I just thought it was hilarious that he couldn't calculate his own age! Laughing Laughing

- At the end of the show, they asked questions sent in from fans. Someone asked Daisuke to give her tips on doing hair, and Daisuke said "I don't do that much, it only takes five minutes to do my hair." And then he said he just waxes/sprays/blow dries it or something. (I think 5 minutes is probably a gross understatement though... Rolling Eyes That just can't be true!)

Sorry if I got any details wrong, I can't remember clearly anymore. I'll check again when the videos come out on YouTube.

I was hoping there would be a preview for TFP2 at the end of the show (since this show is also on TBS), but they only had advertisements for SOI and Daisuke's new book and DVD. People who attended the filming of TFP2 said that Daisuke was really bad and hilarious though, so I seriously can't wait! Very Happy It's been too long since we've seen dorky Daisuke!

Last edited by Calliope on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paaandora
1A
1A
paaandora

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:02 am

Ooh, sounds like TFP2 will be lots of fun. Can't wait!
Quote :
People who attended the filming of TFP2 said that Daisuke was really bad and hilarious though, so I seriously can't wait! Very Happy It's been too long since we've seen dorky Daisuke!
Dorky Daisuke...LOL! Thanks for making my day Calliope. Razz

Quote :
Hearing of this, I felt a bit sorry for him... Dating with a girlfriend is a lot of fun for a 24 yo boy. (and healthy, maybe.) I want him to enjoy his life, too. Anyway, as long as Dai-chan is happy, I'm happy!!...
I feel the same way, Miyu. Now that he has more attention, it's probably very difficult to keep any sort of private life to himself. And if any of you follow Johnnys Entertainment, you know how rabid some fans can be once they find out that their favorites are already spoken for. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://paaandora.livejournal.com
ericacsy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks for the links, ericacsy! That's not the whole show, but it's most of it. Here's one more part from the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILOTCaX9qiA

http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2010/04/14/0002874068.shtml
Daisuke received the White Bear Award from the Daily Sports Newspaper today. The bear with the medal around its neck is sooo adorable! Razz
Back to top Go down
paola5
1A
1A
paola5

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 pm

thanks ericacsy for the videos. i wish i could understand what they say but when i learn Japanese i will
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks for the news and the links to the videos!

Calliope wrote:
- There was a fortune teller who did a palm reading for them. He said Daisuke has good luck, has an artistic temperatic, is a romanticist, overcomes injury well, thinks about things simply, will have good luck on vacations, is masochistic (from his "M line" Laughing), and will get married in 7 years.
Ehm, did they really need a fortune teller to figure those 2 things out?! Wink
Back to top Go down
ericacsy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:29 pm

!! Please refer to this link for the translation of the show!

http://maoasada.logu2.com/mao-chat-f5/mao-news-post-olympics-heading-to-the-new-season-t631-255.htm

It's mostly focused on Mao, but they translated Dai's part as well Smile How great!
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:44 am

Thanks so much to the kind posters on the Mao forum for translating! Smile It lessens our workload over here, haha.

I'm sure you've all heard about Nobunari getting married and expecting a baby soon. Daisuke was asked to comment on the news yesterday at the White Bear awards ceremony.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2010/04/15/14.html
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20100415-OHT1T00017.htm

He's never talked to Nobunari's girlfriend, but said, "I've seen her, and they're a well-matched couple. They've been going out for a very long time, so I think it's great (that they're getting married)." When asked about his own marriage outlook, he stated, "I don't have a partner, and I have no intention to get married."

One of the articles also says that he will undergo surgery on his knee this off-season, but hasn't decided when yet.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Thank you for the news, vids and everything, guys!!

Today Dai-chan was invited to Enyu-kai (Japanese Emperor's garden party) with Mao.
It was exceptionally cold as a day in April.... Hope he didn't have a cold.

He wears nice suits and looks かっこいい!! I love you I love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNfYZVZTME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW2CYS_7BbA

E:You got injured so you must have worried very much.
D:Yes, I was worried. But I'm glad I could make it in the last minute.

D: The emperor even cared about my leg and I answered it's alright. I think it's better to shave my beard today. ( Laughing )
Back to top Go down
paola5
1A
1A
paola5

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks for the vds and the translation miyu. Dai has a really good taste in clothes.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Thank you for those video links, miyu! cheers

I though both Daisuke and Mao looked exceptionally great at that meeting and showed their best manners! king queen

I guess it's the first time they get to meet /to speak to the emperor?
Back to top Go down
Faith85j
1A
1A
Faith85j

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Thank you for all the link and the translations too XD cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Worlds news   Post-Worlds news - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Worlds news
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next