Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN

Go down 
+6
ilica
Genki
Dancergirl
PATTINA
let`s talk
Shyla
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 11:14 am

Dancergil wrote:
I believe attendance is down because of Dai's withdrawal.
It is not only the attendance that was affected. THE TICKET PRICE WENT DOWN MORE THAN 50%. Shocked 

I know this because I cancelled my Japanese trip for world after Dai withdrew. I asked my Japanese friends to re -sell my all event ticket over the internet. Buy it was really difficult. Too much supply, too little demand. My all event ticket which was originally costed $700 was sold for only $300.

At the same time, when there was an announcement that Dai will be at Kobe charity, everybody started to look for tickets on that day. Dai is really a power house to sell tickets. I know for sure that Japanese Fedration know it well. They are so afraid to have a gap in income after Dai retires. That is the true reason to promote Hanyu almost pushing him down in our throughout. A lot of Dai fans do not like that.

BTW, anybody going to Osaka show on 4/5? I have SS starting from 12, and S for the night.
Also I have A kobe charity ticket. PM me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 11:34 am

Genki wrote:
oh, miyu, the skating world has been wrong for a long time. Dai's score was always put down, like nobody cares his beauty nor his artistry.

You are quite right, Genki.  Sad 

Genki wrote:
Let's enjoy the world together for now.
bounce 

Could you guess, what this order is?  Cool 
1.Yuzu 2.Tatsuki 3.Javi 4.Kovtun 5.Han Yan 6.Takahiko 7.Tomas 8.Jeremy

It's SS!  Shocked 
1.Yuzu 9.29 2.Tatsuki 9.14 3.Javi 8.82 4.Kovtun 8.36 5.Han Yan 8.32 6.Takahiko 8.29 7.Tomas 8.18 8.Jeremy 8.04

Probably they should call it a different name. Intrestingly the last three has the best SS. So SS no longer means Skating Skill. I know it has been so for years already but we have Dai-chan and Patrick there.... Without them, it looks sooooo stupid.... No 

Please understand I don't criticize any skaters above at all. What have to be criticized for this mess is ISU and those judges.  Suspect 

Dancergirl wrote:
I found this article and used google translate.  If the translation is correct I believe attendance is down because of Dai's withdrawal. The arena capacity is 18,400 but there are only 16,913 people in attendance.  I hope the Japanese Skating Federation and other media outlets take note.  I must admit I felt rather smug when I read this.
Thank you for the news, Dancergirl.

The correct story is this. All the ticket were sold-out long before Dia-chan announced his withdrawal. I bought it last November or something like that. In fact a looot of Dai-chan's fans who bought their ticket in advance, went to see the competition yesterday. It means there were about 1,000 fans including me who even didn't go. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 11:39 am

Genki wrote:
I know this because I cancelled my Japanese trip for world after Dai withdrew. I asked my Japanese friends to re -sell my all event ticket over the internet. Buy it was really difficult. Too much supply, too little demand. My all event ticket which was originally costed $700 was sold for only $300.
Oh you were lucky if you could sell it. I couldn't......  And I bought a ticket of Kobe charity already..........
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 pm

miyu wrote:
Please understand I don't criticize any skaters above at all. What have to be criticized for this mess is ISU and those judges.

Don't mind!

I feel people(esp. Japanese) don't understand this sport in those days. they think that big tricks are most important because of media and stupid rules of ISU.

It says that Seeing is believing..yeah.

I still think if Daisuke's knee/leg were fine in Soch, that night all the people realized that true beauty and value of this sport like Innsbruck in 1976.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Just watched Japanese Ladies and Carolina.

Mao beats world record for Short score!! Superb 3A and breathtaking program.

Kanako did her best and Akko  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you I was moved by her amazing performance.

Carolina melted my heart...I'm so proud of her. Record in PCS score. She really was an angel on ice!

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 6:02 pm

PATTINA wrote:
Just watched Japanese Ladies and Carolina.

Mao beats world record for Short score!! Superb 3A and breathtaking program.

Kanako did her best and Akko  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you I was moved by her amazing performance.

Carolina melted my heart...I'm so proud of her. Record in PCS score. She really was an angel on ice!

I agree Pattina that was quite a Ladies competition. So happy for Mao, Caro and Akiko beautiful
skating from them all.

Also Pattina thanks for posting Dai's Mambo photos!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Genki and Miyu:  Thank you for correcting the translation but at least I got the part right about many Dai fans not attending.  So sorry that both of you spent so much money on your tickets to no avail but I don't blame you for not wanting to attend.  I would probably feel the same way.

Fosse:  From the evening that Dai performed the Beatles Medley I have always thought if he wasn't injured he would have had the Gold.  As disappointing as it is we all know instead of a medal he won many hearts that night so it wasn't all in vain.  He returned home with so much more.

Thanks to everyone for the updates on the Worlds.  The coverage here, on CBC, is terrible.  I'm so disappointed that I missed Taka and Jeremy Abbott's SP because it wasn't covered.  The Ladie's SP is on tonight but I have a feeling they'll cut some of them out.  I'm so happy for Mao and Carolina and am hoping to see Akiko.

Last edited by Dancergirl on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:30 pm

maoo----. Breath taking rendeer  cheers  drunken  bounce  I love you 

https://youtu.be/f04HfUU2aaQ
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Here is Carolina! Beautiful skating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43vgYwUcjUs
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Kanako - good job girl  cheers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my2HuIOC6hE

Akiko (she is my fav - New PB, moving performance and wonderful costume)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIcXKrUX_PE

I bet that Dai-chan is  quite happy for the performances of his friends! I can figure him rooting and shouting like an auntie...or better like a Uncle!!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 1:22 am

lol! Pattina. Dai is at home being a Rascal!

Thanks for the videos of Akiko and Kanako.

Thanks to you Genki for Mao's video!

So sad knowing that Caro, Akiko, Mao and maybe Kanako (she is not sure yet) will be retiring and this will be their last competition.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 1:39 am

I have a feeling that dai will come to arena to root for lady's long.
Want to bet?
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 2:56 am

Genki wrote:
I have a feeling that dai will come to arena to root for lady's long.
Want to bet?

Funny you should say this. I thought I spotted him in the audience today but
the camera moved away from the audience so I could not get a
good look. I said to myself it was not Dai.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 8:44 am

Shyla, Dai is one of the most compassionate people. He will not let his fellow skaters skate by without his presence there. Believe me.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Genki wrote:
Dancergil wrote:
I believe attendance is down because of Dai's withdrawal.
It is not only the attendance that was affected. THE TICKET PRICE WENT DOWN MORE THAN 50%. Shocked 

At the same time, when there was an announcement that Dai will be at Kobe charity, everybody started to look for tickets on that day. Dai is really a power house to sell tickets. I know for sure that Japanese Fedration know it well. They are so afraid to have a gap in income after Dai retires. That is the true reason to promote Hanyu almost pushing him down in our throughout. A lot of Dai fans do not like that.
JSF probably think that everyone has JSF heads- with no brains inside. You can't give the fan a new idol. It's the fan who chooses the one.

It's all true about the tickets. I too bought mine months before, thinking Dai would be there. Many Dai fans did. Later a lot of them tried to sell the tickets. Those who couldn't, came to see the event because they live in Kanto, no need to pay for air flights, hotels, etc. (like in Genki's case). I put my tickets on sale few minutes after Dai's withdrawal was annoounced, at nominal price. At that moment on brokers' sites the Worlds tickets were 3-7 times more expenssive of their official cost. Sun&Sat tickets were sold out within an hour, bought by Mao fans. I know that from "message from a buyer", available on www.ticket.co.jp . Friday tickets weres more difficult to sell.  When I saw the mount of tickets went on sale, I reduced the price and sold mine of 18K for 15K. I kept Wed&Thur tickets because at that moment the participation of VolTran was not clear. When it was announced that they are no coming, I didn't try to sell tickets for half price or less, as the situation on the market suggested. I decided to go to see Stolbovas and Yulia's (SP). After all they are our Oympic champions! I don't regret at all. Ladies SP was a masterpiece competition. As well as rivarly of S/S and S/K. Men's SP was lousy, too many mistakes and not much beauty, with few exception.
In general WC was luxurily decorated  and organized. As the result it felt like a royal ball with royalty not attending. Besides Dai fans, he was present everywhere. They run his JN LP on a huge screen collecting the crowd. At TOIRO photo exhibition he was the only not-participant of TJ at WC presented. His large photo-figure they had to move to a separate hall because too many people wanted to take picture with "Dai". All those books, magazines, DVDs... You get the picture- something did felt really missing.
I doubt new fans of whatever skater will show this devotion and will be ready to pay such price. Maybe only Mao fans can compete with it. But she is retiring too or not... Well, I don't actually care. Now it's JSF problem and not mine. My problem is when Dai gets better and I can see him on ice, in shows or whatever he decides. If he is not on ice, I will go to see him too. I will go to Kobe to attend the gala because he will be there. That is all.
 cheers
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Just watched Machida's long.

https://youtu.be/bM8_Plhmdpo

For me , he is the winner of this competition. Hanyu's program may be more difficult than Machida's, but he is always held up by PCS that he does not deserve.
Why the skate with a lot of wobble and weakness can be placed above Machida's skate that is much more smoother and solid. You know the answer already if you follow this sports long enough ,"Poiticking."  Suspect No 
There is no other reason than that. Who called PCS, Placement Control Score??? I am sad that it is so
right in the current world of figure skating.

But as Machi'da's coach says,--he wanted Machida to skate memorable program--- rather than a score--Machida's wish was at least fulfilled.

But I really thought deep in my mind how long should skaters or couches should say something like " not a score, but a memorable skate?" or " not the score, but my best skates" .
Mao said that, Dai said that. Basically all world top skaters who has not been rewarded properly have been saying this for a long long time.

NO---, I guess we fans also get used to this farce too much. If the skate is the most memorable, if the top skater skated the best he or she could do, that skater should be the WINNER.
Something must be done. Sad 

Sorry for my long winning. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Congrats to JSF!!! will be satisfied with this result, right? tongue  tongue  clown  clown 

BTW,
Don't smear Daisuke for promoting your new milking cow and Don't touch the priceless Kobe charity.

Go to hell!!!!! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Thank you let's talk for your thoughts. I am happy that you got to see the Ladies SP. I agree
that the ladies competition was a masterpiece.

Genki I watched it live on my computer and I agree Machida is the winner for me.
The score was so close but can you believe higher PC's for Yuzu than Machida and
Yuzu gets Gold. Machida skates 2 masterpieces and he gets Silver. This is not right.
Machida deserves the Gold. I guess JSF wanted their coronation of the king.

This is my observation as a skating fan and not an insult to Yuzu. Right is right and
this was not correct.

Jeremy did very good 5th place. I was happy for him. Max (8th) and Jeremy secured
3 spots for the US for next season, good job guys.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 4:30 am

Genki wrote:
Shyla, Dai is one of the most compassionate people. He will not let his fellow skaters skate by without his presence there. Believe me.

So true.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 7:50 am

Let’s Talk:  Thanks for your vivid description.  I enjoyed reading that Dai’s photo was amongst the participants, they screened his video and loved that they had to move the photo figure due to too many fan photo opps.  I also enjoyed this “In general WC was luxurily decorated  and organized. As the result it felt like a royal ball with royalty not attending”.

I just watched the Canadian coverage and agree with everyone that Tatsuki should have won. I admire Yuzuru’s fighting spirit but I enjoyed Tatsuki much more.  What is so disappointing and frustrating to me is that Yuzuru has many more years ahead to win the Gold so it should have been given to Tatsuki who deserved the win.  

Kurt Browning and his co-commentator said it was a tough choice between 2 great skates but they also both agreed with us that Tatsuki should have won. You've got to love Kurt Browning.  First giving Dai "The Wizard" title and now admitting, on air, that Tatsuki should have won (despite the JSF's agenda).
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi guys, thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Let's talk, thank you for nice report. Glad you enjoyed competition of Pairs and Ladies.

Oh, for sure I would have queued hours for the chance of a pic with Dai's photo figure.

Men competition I found fairly good. All competitors did their best and struggled till the end. While technical score is simple to accept (it's just math) PCS are still the problem.

Jeremy should have got the highest, IMO.

Great praise to Japanese audience:all skaters received applauses and cheers and flowers at the end, even those who made bad mistakes.

Now I'm watching Ice Dance FP on tv. Great expectation for Italian pair Anna and Luca. Hope for the best for them.

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:00 pm

CONGRATS to Anna and Luca! I am absolutely thrilled for them. Is this the first Gold medal in
ice dance for Italy? They were so happy and in shock. Pattina you must be proud.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Shyla wrote:
CONGRATS to Anna and Luca! I am absolutely thrilled for them. First Gold medal in
ice dance for Italy! They were so happy and in shock. Pattina you must be proud.

I am!!   cheers cheers cheers cheers   

Thanks Shyla for nice words. Very good competition overall, three pairs in 0,06 cents.

EDIT: it's the second gold medal for Italy at Worlds in Ice Dance: we won in 2001 with Barbara Fusar Poli/Maurizio Margaglio (both are international coaches now) after they won gold at Europeans. Just like Anna and Luca!!

And in a few minutes...Ladies!! I've expectation for Carolina to be on podium, no matter what placement is.
It would be a great way to end her career.

My wish is for Akiko to be on podium too, but it's very hard to match with Julia's higher technical ability. (only technical)
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 5:52 pm

I am finally happy. Anna Pogorilaya did a great job!!!
I bet this girl as next queen. She needs just two good programs.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Pattina: I loved Jeremy's skate and wanted him to get the Bronze. At the end of his performance I almost started crying as the camera panned his face. He seemed happy yet overwhelmed by the audience's response so thank you for pointing out that the Japanese audience was so gracious and appreciative to all skaters.

Kurt Browning also mentioned how lovely the Japanese audiences always are and in an interview with Javier Fernandez, Javier said that's why all skaters love performing in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next