Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN

Go down 
+6
ilica
Genki
Dancergirl
PATTINA
let`s talk
Shyla
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN Empty
PostSubject: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:20 pm

I know our Dai won't be at Worlds but I started this thread so that we can talk about some of the other skates that we like.
Here is the official Entry List. Yuzu is the only Gold Medal winner who will be attending.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051515.htm
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:21 pm

^ Interesting. Most of "missing" skaters are doing shows, including in Japan, right after WC, like Chan or Voir. For doing exactly the same thing Plushenko was suspended right after Vancouver- he didn't skate at Worlds but skated in a show. The same ISU regulations that suspended Plu was the reason why Daisuke had to skate at WTT- in order to skate at Kobe charity gala without suspension&losing eligibility status as an amature skater.
And now what? ISU is going to apply their own regulations equally to all skaters?  lol!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:00 am

I think that Chan and V/M are retiring even though they have said they have not ruled out
coming back but very vague about when. Personally I don't think we will see them in competition again.

I don't know about other federations but Russia has listed Adelina and V/T as
substitutes on the Worlds Entry List which I believe protects them from
not attending and doing shows instead, something that they
did not do for Plushenko.

Also after Chan made his comments to the media last year about WTT
being a silly competition, a waste of his time and how he was forced to go.
I am surprised that he has the nerve to skate in Japan.

I guess it is all about the $$$$$$$$$.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Thank you Shyla!

Watching Worlds won't be the same..too sad and "empty"

Anyway, I hope to experience once again the magic of figure skating, the best among all sports.

I have many to cheer and to root for...Akiko, Caro, Cappellini/Lanotte just to name some.

Let's enjoy the competition!!

Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Pattina:  I love that you're attempting to muster up enthusiasm for the Worlds!  I wish I could follow your lead.

Shyla: I agree with your comments about Patrick.  He is not as revered in his own country as people may think.  A lot of Canadians are disappointed by his many rude remarks and wish he would just skate without opening his mouth to the media.  He needs a few lessons in humility from a certain skater, we all love and adore, who always keeps it classy.

Patrick has alluded to retiring but who knows.  He does have talent but it's hard to cheer on someone who is greatly lacking in modesty and public speaking skills.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:52 am

Hi:
Shyla, thank you for opening up the new thread.
Yes, we should talk about the world even though Dai is not there.

Here's the latest talk show futering Yuzu, Kozu and Machida.
https://youtu.be/MgMxr_StprY

Yuzu, " Yes, I am under a pressure , a lot of pressure."
Honda says that Hanyu now has an aura of the king.
Hanyu added " My goal is to skate with all the power that i have till the end. I would like to perform at my highest level at this world championship."

There is the possibility of Japanese sweep too, the commentary said.
They also said that the practice ticket is about $40. It is expensive but there were about 1700 people there. When Hanyu appeared a lot of girls screamed loudly.

OH my god, our fellow rascals, we have serious competition here.  Shocked  Shocked
I will start my voice training so that we rascals will be the loudest when Dai skates next time. cheers  flower  
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Thank you Genki. I have read too that Yuzu fans were cheering loudly his every move at
his practice. I have not heard much about Taka or Machida practices.

Here is Mao's practice today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvsxHR5AGI
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:01 pm

I wish, I could enjoy this competition...

But I am a bad person, still hurt and bitter. When I read this:

Genki wrote:
Honda says that Hanyu now has an aura of the king.

I can only think "And you, Brutus?".
So in a way I'm glad Dai doesn't have to take part in this Yuzuru's coronation. They made him abdicate, forced him to give a blessing to the new king, but thank goodness, he doesn't have to be present when they'll be putting the crown on Yuzu's head.

I know, I'm so jealous of Yuzuru. Embarassed  Don't mind me.

I hope Dai's frame of mind is already in much better state than mine...
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi Everyone.  Thanks for all the updates.

Genki:  I don’t think you need practice with the cheers.  You have it mastered.

Ilica:  You are not a bad person.  I think we are all feeling this way.

However, I don’t think there will really be a coronation because it seems that Dai has too many loyal fans in Japan, and world wide, judging from the number of messages he received on various websites right after Sochi.  I know that I checked out 2 sites but didn’t send a message because they were both in Japanese so just imagine how many others there were, like me, who wanted to send messages but couldn’t because of the language barrier.  When I visited those sites there were more messages for Dai than any other skater.  

Although I admire Yuzuru’s talent his new fans have jumped on the bandwagon because of a medal rather than skating skills and artistry which is what skating is all about, isn’t it?  And no one will ever take that away from Dai because he is unmatchable.

This week will be extremely hard on Dai as he watches the Worlds because he would normally be competing (and winning) but I hope he knows how greatly missed he will be by the international viewing audience and that so many are waiting for his return.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:53 pm

My take on Honda saying that "Yuzu now has the aura of the King" is that now that
Dai has pretty much said he would be retiring Honda is looking for a job and Honda
would like to to keep his options open. Just a thought.

Yuzu is Olympic Champion and that is quite an accomplishment for this young man and
right know he is a star in Japan it goes hand in hand with the Gold Medal.

But for me there will never be anyone like Dai, he is simply the best.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 am

ilica, please, you are not at all a bad person. Let me hug you! Anyone reacts in a personal way. We all are sad about Dai missing Worlds due to an evil injury. We all are worried and concerned about his mental and physical health.....and we all have to deal with his retirement. Dai has not yet stated it for sure, I know, but sooner or later..... Sad Sad Sad Sad 

I don't care about Yuzu being now praised as "king". It's quite natural: older skaters retire and younger ones take their places. Yuzu has his own talent, different from Dai of course, but I don't feel like despising him for this. I despise media, instead.

As for Takeshi sensei....I think that he couldn't say something different. Media expect this from him, like in the past they expected words of praise for Daisuke. What should he say? Maybe he spoke also about Dai-chan, but tv cut his words...we don't know.  

Daisuke cannot be "replaced", media say what they want. His unique ability to create masterpieces of art on ice won't be diminished or tarnished by what's going on now with Yuzu.

FS world knows it; we know it. And IMO Daisuke knows it, too. And Dai is strong, despite what he says and his being always so harsh with himself.

I wish him to enjoy watching competition on tv: he has dear friends competiting and he is and will always be their Captain, nothing else matters.

Apologize for long and useless post. I have so many feelings that have to come out but language is a great limit...
Thanks to you all, guys, for sharing your feelings here.

I can only say that I love him so much and I miss him, now and every day more.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 2:47 am

ilica wrote:
I know, I'm so jealous of Yuzuru. Don't mind me.
It is ok, iliac. We Dai fans are more ore less feel a bit disappointed that Dai's beautiful skating and artistic quality has not been valued fairlyl for these recent years.

Remember that he lost to Yuzu in Nationals in 2012 after blowing everybody away by skating that unbelievable "Pagaliatti"? Yuzu is a new wonder boy that Japanese Fed decided to sell and they have been politicking toward it consistently in hope of winning gold medal in Sochi. And they have succeeded it.

That is the reason why that unfortunately there is a lot of animosity developing between Dai's fan and Hanyu fans in Japan.

dancingirl wrote:
Daisuke cannot be "replaced", media say what they want. His unique ability to create masterpieces of art on ice won't be diminished or tarnished by what's going on now with Yuzu.
Exactly. But media in collaboration with skating feds is trying so hard to create a new star for new age. If they did not push Hanyu down the throat of fans like this, I might be looking forward to the progress that Hanyu makes. He is a great talent anyways. But now, I just can not support him nor root for him. So sad this sports is becoming just politics.

Anyway, here's Shizuka's view on ladies. They have repeated that heart warming episode between akko and Dai cheers 

https://youtu.be/W4Cm7pyPZkk

Suzuka talked to Mao's coach and confirmed that Mao is in the wonderful condition. In the practice, she skated near perfect short program rendeer 

Goo Ma---oooooo.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:06 am

I love you,ilica.

Frankly, I am even happy that they are not able to using Daisuke for their new milking cow project after Sochi.
They must remeber this:Daisuke and his fans are not their marionette.
I don't want to waste my money any more for this questionable sport and organization.
Go to hell!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Last edited by fosse on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:49 am

Genki:  I cannot take credit for these words that were wisely written by Pattina:

I think it’s been harder on all of you that live in Japan if you have to wake up to news every day about Yuzuru.  I know it’s not his fault, in any way, but it’s frustrating to read and hear about.  So, for once, I am glad that I’m not in your country to witness the debacle firsthand and feel badly that you're subjected to this.

Dai hasn’t officially announced his retirement but for now I guess “someone” has to take his place in his absence.  I am still holding onto hope that he will eventually return.  Until then, we are going to have to try to ignore all the Yuzu love because WE all know who will always be the best in the world.

Hang in there, everyone, you’ve been down this path before with Dai and he’ll come back stronger.
It's not over, until it's over.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 am

Thank you all! I love you  It is a blessing to have this place and such wonderful friends! I love you  I love you 
Thank you for your posts, you have expressed my concerns, thoughts, complicated feelings etc, much better than I could...

Anyway WC just have started.
I just imagined Dai watching it on a TV - with his beer, his poor legs comfortably resting on a pillow - and I feel much better.

Go Mao, Akiko, Kana, Caro, Taka, Tatsuki, Yuzu... and everybody's second favorite! cheers
The first one doesn't have to be nervous this time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Just seen Taka and Tatsuki!  

For now (last Group is warming up now) Tatsuki first and Taka second  cheers cheers 

Taka did very good! His footwork amazing as usual.

Great Tatsuki! His East of Eden was wonderful. 98.51 score.

Team Japan so good!!! 3 men in last group for Free. Maybe they will not achieve a total sweep, but two medals are more or less secured!

Glad for good performances of Javier Fernandez and Tomas Verner and Jeremy Abott.
I love the way Jeremy skates, he is so smooth, lines and movements are clean and graceful  I love you I love you I love you 
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Great skate from Tatsuki! Congratulations!! sunny   sunny 

I haven't watch other men's skate yet!

(Actually I watched Dai-chan's 2013 NHK SP right after I watched Tatsuki's SP on Youtube. Hehehehe... No one can replace Dai0-chan's skate!)
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:58 pm

I watched Tatsuki, Javier and Tomas skate so far. Tatuski was brilliant and so was
Tomas and Javier. British commenators thought that Tatuski was going to break
the world record but he did not. I am going to watch Kozuka soon I heard he did well too.

Surprising results with Yuzu in 3rd. Tatuski has a 7 point lead on Yuzu he could well
win the World Title. Only 2+ points separate Tatsuki and Javier.

Free skate will be intense for sure.

Missing Dai..........

I have not watched Jeremy yet but I did look at his score and his PC's were to low.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Shyla wrote:
I have not watched Jeremy yet but I did look at his score and his PC's were to low.
Hi Shyla, I just watched Jeremy's SP. It was a beautiful skate! A piece of art!! For me, maybe the best performance of the night.  

The world where Jeremy got lower PCS and SS than some young guys is simply wrong..... No 

I miss Dai-chan so much.................. Sad  Sad
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Shyla, Jeremy fall on quad, but other technical elements were OK and his skate was as elegant and graceful as ever. Jeremy is great performer and in my personal opinion his PCS should be the highest, together with Tatsuki, whose East of Eden gave me shivers.

miyu wrote:
(Actually I watched Dai-chan's 2013 NHK SP right after I watched Tatsuki's SP on Youtube. Hehehehe... No one can replace Dai0-chan's skate!)

I watched Dai's Mambo soon after Max Aaron's performance. I need to do it, to cancel the horror movie I had just seen.

Max uses the same music Dai did in his first part of his legendary Mambo.

Nothing in Max's program reminds you of mambo: Max is just a skater jumping to and fro with some music in the background. Indeed he tried to do some "mambo moves"....with terrible outcomes.  affraid 
No-one can match The One and The Only Mambo Dancer  cheers  cheers  cheers 

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN IB5d0yA

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN VYPx8dL
I need some Dai's pics, even if old. I miss him so much!!!!  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Just watched Machida.Yeah!

https://youtu.be/zaYfPjBgj5c

What a great program. No wonder he grew up idolizing Daisuke all the time.
Such a beauty.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Genki wrote:
Just watched Machida.Yeah!

https://youtu.be/zaYfPjBgj5c

What a great program. No wonder he grew up idolizing Daisuke all the time.
Such a beauty.

Tatsuki was awesome tonight!! I was amazed by his menatl strength, as well. Yet! his SS isn't the same as  the superior skaters', like Dai-chan, Patrick and Jeremy, even though I realized his SS has so much improved in this season.

Without Dai-chan and Patrick (I mean SS for Patrick), Jeremy's SS and PCS should have been the highest. It's just wrong... And I can't encourage Dai-chan to come back to such a world of fault.............. No
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Miyu wrote:
Without Dai-chan and Patrick (I mean SS for Patrick), Jeremy's SS and PCS should have been the highest. It's just wrong... And I can't encourage Dai-chan to come back to such a world of fault..............

oh, miyu, the skating world has been wrong for a long time. Dai's score was always put down, like nobody cares his beauty nor his artistry.  Suspect 

But I want him back!! Daichan, Please. Till that time, I will pray for his fantastic recovery. alien 
Let's enjoy the world together for now. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 am

I thought Tatsuki did a wonderful job and I'm so happy he's in first place.  I felt bad for Yuzuru when he fell because he really is just a young kid and has so much pressure put on him.  I wasn't able to see Takahiko because CBC only showed some of the men.

I found this article and used google translate.  If the translation is correct I believe attendance is down because of Dai's withdrawal. The arena capacity is 18,400 but there are only 16,913 people in attendance.  I hope the Japanese Skating Federation and other media outlets take note.  I must admit I felt rather smug when I read this.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2014/03/26/kiji/K20140326007853290.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN   WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN Empty

Back to top Go down

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-SAITAMA JAPAN
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next