Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008

Go down 
+11
enrica
Shatterpoint
alekzu
Euphoria
glorydave
Leode
miki
swandie
hsuhs
miyu
Yshion
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:33 am

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/index.html

Is there someone who has already translated?
If not, I will do it right away!
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:47 am

Hi Yshion!!
I haven't started transkation yet. Could you do it for us? Thank you!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 am

Hi, miyu! I should have asked you to do it if I knew you were here Very Happy

To everyone

Thank you for sending lots of mails and letters to me this time.
I've already started rehabilitating. Fully from 9 in the morning to 6 in the evening at that!!!
Swelling of my knee has been becoming to go down after a while, I had a detailed medical checkup last Friday.
As a result, anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus of my right knee were found injured.

It may be possible for me to struggle with this uneasiness and skate by coaxing (my knee) hereafter toward Vancouver Olympics,
but, regarding my own character, I thought it is not my style to compete at competitions having remaining anxiety.

Considering the way to compete in future and terms to competitions, before this coaxing will become more serious injury,
I decided to have a surgery so that I would not be on the ice in uneasy conditions.

To tell the truth, I have anxiety...but!! it depends on me, myself from now on to make myself able to tell you this was a right choice!
Unfortunatelly, it seems to be taking time to bring myself to the best condition, so I'm afraid I am going to take a rest during this season.
Courage to proceed steadily is important for athletes, but also courage to take a rest is important, I suppose.

Could be a long journey though, this journey may be a trial to fight it out at Olympics.
I must accept something I myself can not change, but I must change something I can change!
I would like to come back with having matured greatly, certainly by thinking many things and learning from this experience
as a skater! as a man! as a human being!!!
I am sorry for making my fans and the persons concerned worried and troubled.
I just do it from now on! Not feeling disheartened here, by storing energy to explode, I will try to do my best so that
I will be able to skate again like everyone gives me applause!

I would appreciate your support from now on too.

From Daisuke

I'm a little relieved he is so positive and brave!!
GO, DAISUKE!!

Last edited by Yshion on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:01 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:10 am

Yshion, thank you flower

I, too, am relieved because we now know what it is, and how serious the injury is, and what Daisuke's plans are as of now.

To me, the season won't be the same without him. But I'm willing to wait as long as it takes.

He'll be back.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:36 am

Thanks for translating, Yshion. Dai has such a great perspective on this and once again, he shows how much he cares about his fans. I'm glad he thought of his health when making his choice because that is the most important thing.

hsuhs wrote:
the season won't be the same without him.

I agree. Hopefully next season, he will be as strong as he was before the injury...or perhaps stronger.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:55 am

Thank you very very much, Yshion! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

He is just great.... What a wonderful person he is!!
Surprisingly I didn't get shocked much yesterday. ( Somehow I could prepare myself to hear this. ) And today I feel rahter "happy" knowing how positive and brave he is in the toughest situation and that I'm a fan of such a great athlete.

hsuhs wrote:
But I'm willing to wait as long as it takes.
Yes! I love you

swandie wrote:
Hopefully next season, he will be as strong as he was before the injury...or perhaps stronger.
I believe he has enough guts to overcome this.I love you
Back to top Go down
miki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 pm

Although the injury itself is still sad, I am somewhat relieved to read his blog entry. It seems that he's in a good spirit and has made some steps forward already.

Obviously he's a little concered, but he's already in the accepting stage, which is a very positive sign! I am sure though he went through all the stages of accepting illness that is such a pain to deal with. (5 stages: denial, anger, fear, grief and acceptance - if you remember psychology 101) tongue

Good for him.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Thank you for the translation, Yshion! Very Happy
We already know that Daisuke is a very mature and modest person.

Whenever you have the hard times, you are always thinking of your fans....

Thank you so much for your message to us, Daisuke!!
We are waiting for your back to on ice!
I love you

ご自分が辛い時にもかかわらず、ファンの事を考えてくれて、
メッセージを送ってくれた高橋選手、本当にありがとうございます!
私たちはあなたが氷上に戻ってくるのを待っています!

Last edited by Leode on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Thank you for translation.

ok... I'm crying... Daisuke really touched me...

I will write something later.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Yshion, thank you for translation. I translated your text to russian and posted in my blog (is it ok for you?). Dai doesn't have a need to ask us about courage - he has it more than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Euphoria wrote:
I translated your text to russian and posted in my blog (is it ok for you?).
Of course, OK! I'm sure Daisuke will be pleased if Russian fans read his message, thank you, Euphoria I love you
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I can't read that without having tears in my eyes.... Sad This is a nightmare.... But he is so brave! He is such a wonderful person, and I do hope him the best, no matter what happens in the future. Keep up the good spirit Dai, and good luck. All of your fans, and many more people, will be waiting for your return. I love you
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Please don't cry and don't be sad, everyone. No Daisuke hates see you crying. That's why he gave the message for us. It made encourage us and himself efficiently.
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Shatterpoint
1A
1A

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm very disappointed that he won't be competing this season. However, I agree that it is the best decision he can make, to ensure he is healthy and in good shape for the Olympics!

I'm proud of his attitude and how kind he is regarding his fans, and how bravely he is taking this. He seems very determined.

His blog touched me too. Now I'm pondering the idea of sending him a letter to help encourage him.

Ganbatte Daisuke! Go for the gold in '10! This will be worth it in the end!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesplatzone.blogspot.com
enrica
1A
1A
enrica

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:09 pm

i am so sad to hear that... this season will be awful without him!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
but i'm happy to see he seems determined. i'll miss him a lot, this season will be kinda boring i think... at least for me. i hope he recovers soon.

がんばれ大ちゃん!!
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 11:12 pm

Dai-cha is strong. He will be able to make this. We just have to be patient! GO DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureskatingblogfreak.blogspot.com/
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 am

It has been conforting to read Daisuke's message and to see that he's trying to front this difficult situation. He isn't getting disheartened and this attitude will help him also during recovery.

Thank you Daisuke! Very Happy
You surprise me each time. It 's incredible than even in this situation you can worry about your fans!
It's for this reason that your message touched me so much...
Don't worry about our support! We always love you! cheers
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 7:42 am

I haven’t said this in a long time, but thank you as always for your wonderful translation of Daisuke’s blog entry, Yshion.

Yshion wrote:
It may be possible for me to struggle with this uneasiness and skate by coaxing (my knee) hereafter toward Vancouver Olympics, but, regarding my own character, I thought it is not my style to compete at competitions having remaining anxiety. Considering the way to compete in future and terms to competitions, before this coaxing will become more serious injury, I decided to have a surgery so that I would not be on the ice in uneasy conditions.

Wow, does this mean that Daisuke could have competed even with the injured knee but he decided not to? If this is true, then this decision made by him was even more brave and incredible than I could have thought. As always I admire him for being able to make thoughtful decisions under the most difficult circumstances.

I’ve had difficulty trying to accept this outcome, but now I just want to stay focused on following the progress of his treatment in the next few months. This seems more productive than just being sad for the rest of this season because of his absence.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:41 pm

Hi, UMgal! I'm really glad to see you here again Very Happy

And Euphoria, I found some major and minor mistakes on my translation and have corrected them several times.
Would you please check and correct them in your Russian translation? Sorry, and thank you I love you

UMgal wrote:
I’ve had difficulty trying to accept this outcome, but now I just want to stay focused on following the progress of his treatment in the next few months. This seems more productive than just being sad for the rest of this season because of his absence.

Yes! Why don't you participate in miyu's idea at the message thread?
Let's cheer Daisuke together instead of being sad cheers !!
Back to top Go down
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm

I am so surprised and sad for him. I am disappointed not to see him competing... but I understand that he will recover, and will be stronger the next season.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Long time no see, Shatterpoint & enrica & UMgal!! Very Happy Very Happy
How have you been? Very Happy

Yshion wrote:
Yes! Why don't you participate in miyu's idea at the message thread?
Let's cheer Daisuke together instead of being sad cheers !!
Thank you for saying so, Yshion! Very Happy But it's not my project. Razz It's DTFF's project for Dai-chan.

Of course you can send him a letter of post card directly.
But PLEASE leave your message here too, Shatterpoint & enrica & UMgal & SoMiTripleAxel.
Don't you think it's nice to send him messages as DTFF, our wonderful forum? Very Happy Very Happy

(I'm writing my message... But it's difficult. I have so many things I want to say to him! Razz )
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Thank you so much Yshion for translating the message for us! I love you

Daisuke is such a wonderful person - he really cares about his fans! And he is so brave!!! I understand fully his decision, and I wish him all the luck in the world with the surgery. It is a scary thing, but I am praying for a full and quick recovery for him!

I'm so glad I got to see him in Gothenburg. His Swan Lake was for me the highlight of the whole championship! I miss miss miss him so much this season. Crying or Very sad

Daisuke, ganbatte!
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi Yshion!
I translate Daisuke's message for an italian forum. I hope it's ok for you. Very Happy
Thank you again for your work in this forum!
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Yshion wrote:

And Euphoria, I found some major and minor mistakes on my translation and have corrected them several times.
Would you please check and correct them in your Russian translation?

Yes, sure. I'll do it a little bit later, don't worry Smile
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 7:33 pm

miyu wrote:
Thank you for saying so, Yshion! Very Happy But it's not my project. Razz It's DTFF's project for Dai-chan.
Of course I know, miyu Very Happy I just wanted to pay my respects to you who started that wonderful idea!!

glorydave wrote:
I translate Daisuke's message for an italian forum. I hope it's ok for you. Very Happy
Thank you for translating it in Italian, glorydave! Daisuke will be glad figure skating fans in Italy can read his message, too I love you

Please, DTFF members.
You don't have to ask me about re-translating the message in any language.
Because it's not my message, it's Daisuke's message and I know everybody at this forum really really loves Daisuke.
But, thank you for showing your respect to my translation I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008   Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke has updated his blog on Nov 18 2008
Page 1 of 1