Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi

Go down 
+9
katha
hsuhs
na1129
anne-marie
inskate
Leode
Yshion
miyu
heidi
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
heidi
1A
1A

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi Empty
PostSubject: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:12 am

I just found out an article on Takahashi this morning. An interview to Morozov.

Sunday, May 25, 2008
Japan Times

"Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi"
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20080525jg.html
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 11:46 am

Hi heidi!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Welcome to DTFF and thank you for letting know us about the news.

Sad Sad Sad

(First of all I don't like the writer much... He has wrote articles about Yukari and Miki before and I had impression on him he was a kind of writer who wanted to write something sensational with bit biased interpretation when I read them.)

Anyway it might be true that there was a discrepancy between Dai-chan's view and Nikolai's. Dai-chan thought they, he, Nikolai and the agent, could continue to work together somehow but Nikolai didn't, I think.

Nikolai said
Quote :
"My work with him was great," the coach said. "We had three good years together. He worked very hard."
And Dai-chan said
Quote :
"Morozov taught me a lot of thing in these three years and I appreciate him for that. Without him, I couldn't have been myself of now. I still respect him and love him.
I don't know why they had to ended up like this... Sad Sad

But Dai-chan has already made up his mind!!!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I trust him and believe him!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GO DAI-CHAN!!!cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi, heidi! Welcome to DTFF and thank you for the article link Very Happy

Oh...it's so surprising to read Nikolai's comment in this way... Sad

miyu wrote:
First of all I don't like the writer much... He has wrote articles about Yukari and Miki before and I had impression on him he was a kind of writer who wanted to write something sensational with bit biased interpretation when I read them

Me neither. I don't trust this writer No
I always had impressions this man is making everything too sensational and unreliable.

Well, I don't know if I should say this after everythng we saw and heard about this issue...
but, one thing I am for sure is Daisuke is so lucky to cut connection with such a guy who speaks all for self-justification and never acknowledges
his own fault.
Nikolai compeletely forgets the fact WHY Daisuke felt untrustworthy about him. He worked great for Daisuke for three years, otherwise, his comment
shows he didn't understand Daisuke at all.

I wish Daisuke would not get confused nor irritated by this article...
Daisuke, never look back, just go forward Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi, heide, welcome to DTFF, pls enjoy this forum! Very Happy
And thank you for the head up.

I don't know anything about the true reasons why Daisuke broke-up with Morozov, however, it is true that Daisuke made a decision by himself and he will just go forward now no matter what happens.

Morozov wrote:
"My work with him was great," the coach said. "We had three good years together. He worked very hard."
Yes, miyu, I just wanted to know about this from Morozov.

Last edited by Leode on Sun May 25, 2008 1:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
heidi
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Thank you for your comment.

miyu wrote:

But Dai-chan has already made up his mind!!!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I trust him and believe him!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I do agree. I believe what Dai-chan says whatever the press would write. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heidi
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Yshion wrote:

Me neither. I don't trust this writer No
I always had impressions this man is making everything too sensational and unreliable.
Yshion wrote:

I wish Daisuke would not get confused nor irritated by this article...
Daisuke, never look back, just go forward Exclamation

I am relieved myself after reading you and miyu's comments. This article may show the thing which Japanese media didn't write but it is not much important for me (maybe for Dai-chan's fans) to know what really happend but I am happy to see Dai-chan's comment on his blog at Kansai Univ. Go Daisuke!! Never look back!!!
Back to top Go down
heidi
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Leode wrote:

Morozov wrote:
Yes, miyu, I just wanted to know about this from Morozov.

Yes!Yes! cheers
Back to top Go down
inskate
1A
1A

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:10 pm

As I wrote at FSU, I think the article makes a lot of sense and explains a lot. Gallagher is a sensationalist, but not an outward liar.

A lot of things 'clicked' for me when I've read this article. It is a fact that Daisuke had boot problems at Worlds, and I was wondering why those couldn't have been taken beforehand.
It it also a fact that one of the Japanese newspapers (Nikkansports, IIRC) reported that Dai's manager was angry at Morozov's taking Nobu as his pupil and all about shock and surprise. He claimed that "Nobody informed us!", which I thought VERY weird, because if there's one thing that Morozov is known for, it's being proffessional and ambitious.

Nikolai's words in the article are very harsh, but I think he got very upset indeed at the accusation that he could make as drastic decision as taking on a skater's rival as a pupil without contacting the skater and his agent. He wanted tp make it known that his action was only a reaction to the existing situation (and perhaps warn the other coaches).

Quote :
but, one thing I am for sure is Daisuke is so lucky to cut connection with such a guy who speaks all for self-justification and never acknowledges
his own fault.

It is crucial for Morozov in this situation to inform the skating world about what happened. If he was suspected of things like not informing the skaters' managers about taking on another student, he would lose the credibility as a coach.

I've read many posts blaming Nikolai for Daisuke's problems at Worlds. I didn't, because I've known that Dai had problem with his boots (as it happened at Skate Canada 2006 and Campbells), so I thought he skated as well as he could. But if the manager neglected to prepare boots for Dai, I think it hurt Dai's chances a lot.

Quote :
Nikolai compeletely forgets the fact WHY Daisuke felt untrustworthy about him.

Did Dai ever say that he doesn't trust Nikolai? Everything I've read indicated that Dai thinks very highly of Morozov. And I trust Dai's own words more than I trust the press.

As Daisuke's fan, I want him to skate as well as only he can - but if he's burdened with boot problems and disagreements between his coach and his manager, it's difficult to expect of him to be able to do his best. I think that his manager's decision to NOT inform him about Nikolai's plans was very weird and suspicious. Also suspicious is the fact that the manager simply refused to make a comment on the situation.

I think that Dai-chan has moved on and is happy right now, he skated great at FOI! But I do worry that his next coach might also have troubles coming to agreement with his manager...

God luck, Daisuke! flower
Back to top Go down
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:19 pm

the big question reminds: who will be his new chorgrapher?
It is time to prepare the coming season: choice of music, of thema...
Back to top Go down
heidi
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:36 pm

inskate wrote:
I think that Dai-chan has moved on and is happy right now, he skated great at FOI! But I do worry that his next coach might also have troubles coming to agreement with his manager...

Yes I am thinking about this point. It seems it really exists the problem between Morozov and the agent, it also will be the problem with the Dai-chan's future coach.

Dai-chan says he goes forward!
GO, Daisuke Go!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Sorry, I am too tired to think and talk about this problem.

inskate, the difference between your opinion and mine is caused by points of view, from you're Nobunari Oda's fan, and I am not.
And I always felt confused and irritated you kept talking about Oda at "ALL THE GALA"thread because this forum is DAISUKE TAKAHASHI Fan Forum.

If Daisuke never felt untrustworthy, why did he have to leave Nikolai after he found Nikolai had decided to work with Oda?
Daisuke was talking about Nkolai as a coach on TV and he was going to work with him next season too, on Japanese magazines
even after 2008 Worlds .
Daisuke is a clever, matured guy. He would not say anything negative in public even if he had problems,
but please do not forget he is a humanbeing.

I am terribly sorry, all other DTFF members pale , that I wrote something annoying and uncomfortable to read.
I did not want to ruin this forum's warm atomosphere but finally I did...I feel guilty at this point, and sincerely apologize you all.
I will leave here, and just support Daisuke with a silence from now on.

Good luck and all the best wishes to Daisuke cheers

Plus, inskate, Daisuke was not with that agent when he competed at Skate Canada 2006 and Cambell's....
Please check it yourself if you really believe this article makes all sense.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
inskate
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:45 pm

I think you really need to calm down, Yshion.

If me mentioning Nobu was irritating for you - I'm sorry. I did not realize that being a fan of one skater means not being able to talk about others at all. I'm Mao's fan registered at her fan forum, but people there had not trouble with me praising Shizuka or YuNa or other girls... What is wrong with acknowledging all the skaters' hard work? Sad
Plus, because Nobu is Dai's friend, as a Daisuke fan I'm interested in his progress. For 10 months I've waited to see him again, so obvioulsy I'm a bit overexcited. That doesn't mean I like Dai. or my 3rd favourite, Jeff, any less.

Quote :
If Daisuke never felt untrustworthy, why did he have to leave Nikolai after he found Nikolai had decided to work with Oda?

I think the question here is rather "why Nikolai decided to ask Nobu to train with him". And the answer is, because already at Worlds he felt that his cooperation with Dai's manager is becoming impossible and it is very probable that he and Dai would have to part ways.

Daisuke tried his best to be very gracious and polite about this whole affair and I really respect that and believe his judgement. I think he would definitely not work with someone for 3 years and spoke highly of them afterwards if he thought that person was untrustworthy. I think it's an insult to Dai-chan's judgement of people to accuse him of something like that. Even Nikolai, though he is angry at the manager, still speaks very well of Dai. They had good relationship.

The thing is, we don't know everything about the entire matter. There probably was no single reason for resolving this relationship, but a mixture of reasons. But if Daisuke praises Nikolai, and acts like an example of good will and good sportsmanship, then I'm ready to follow his example and not be sour grapes and try to create some bad atmosphere between Dai and someone he respects, and who helped him to become a great skater that he is now.

Quote :
Plus, inskate, Daisuke was not with that agent when he competed at Skate Canada 2006 and Cambell's....

I never said he was. I just said that knowing that badly fitted boots can really trouble Dai and decrease his ability to perform well, a special care should be taken to have Dai skate in properly fitted boots at Worlds. I think it's very sad that afterwards many blamed Dai for "falling apart"... When he really did his best to skate in boots that probably caused him pain. Sad
Back to top Go down
na1129
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: ....   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:28 pm

inskate wrote:

His performance at FOI was great, but he was in bad condition Crying or Very sad
Some Volunteers who works at FOI said he was not a normal state.
sleep-practice-sleep-practice-sleep...like this?
and not eating well Crying or Very sad
Second day, he can't land all jumps in practice and just fall pale
but when show started, Daisuke saw Oda's performace carefully, and showed korean fans really really great performance like that!
(All his jumps were high and clear, his step was amazing)
This is what I heard from all spectators and volunteers
I'm really worried about him.
He always take all problem by himself Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
inskate
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks for the report, na1129!

It's sad that his jumps in practice (and in some shows) weren't that strong... Sad But, to give him credit, he attempted really difficult jumps!
I wonder if he hurt his feet and now even in (probably) better boots jumping is a bit problematic, like it was in YuNa's case some time ago. Sad Or maybe it's just some health problems? In the recent interviews I saw Dai look pale and and "sniff" a lot, and his eyes looked a bit feverish... Maybe it's some flu or something! But certainly the media bothering him about the coaching change didn't help any!

But I've also seen positive reports by Korans fans! They said he had great fun with YuNa, Nobu and the rest at karaoke, and played with the other guys in mini soccer game. At YuNa forum at FSU people who were at FOI also said that Dai had great fun there! Smile

Anyway, I believe that Dai will be able to overcome the problems and skate well in the near future flower
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi, heidi. I'm hsuhs. Nice to meet you flower Thank you for posting the link, and welcome.
Yshion wrote:
I am terribly sorry, all other DTFF members , that I wrote something annoying and uncomfortable to read.
Don't be, Yshion. I understand your feelings on this. It takes courage to be honest.
na1129 wrote:
Some Volunteers who works at FOI said he was not a normal state.
sleep-practice-sleep-practice-sleep...like this?
and not eating well
It hurts to hear that.
inskate wrote:
I did not realize that being a fan of one skater means not being able to talk about others at all.
inskate, I don't see any problem with being a fan of several skaters. We all might have different definitions of a fan-thing, though.
Quote :
Plus, because Nobu is Dai's friend
I have an impression that the two are friendly, yes. And polite. And kind to each other. But BFF (best friends forever)? ..... Hm... I don't know. You might know something I don't know.
-------------------------

As for Nikolai.... the guy never fails to surprise me. I wish he had found time to to sit down with Daisuke and talk, but he was too busy. What he doesn't seem to realize, he might have hurt his pupil's feelings, made him feel second best. Now Nikolai's busy with "who's fault it was". I'd expect more wisdom and understanding from a 32-year old.
Back to top Go down
inskate
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Quote :
I have an impression that the two are friendly, yes. And polite. And kind to each other. But BFF (best friends forever)? ..... Hm... I don't know. You might know something I don't know.

I don't know about "being BFF", but IMHO many times both Daisuke and Nobu went beyond the bounds of just "being polite". Then there's those few times when they've said thaye are like brothers to each other (in BRAVO, among other programs/interviews). And then there is the way they act around each other. I don't know if you've seen the private video that Enrica posted on Fsvids... If not, I recommend seeing it, it had some great moments with Daisuke. And it also showed well the dynamics in the Japanese men's team, IMHO.

But to get back on the topic...

This is what Ayanon wrote on FSU:

Quote :
I've talked to Shizuka's agent Mr. Ihara. He was arrogant I thought. I don't like him.

It made me wonder about how huge is the role of the sport manager in Japan. I used to be convinced that the manager's role is mostly to take care of the financial issues, to find sponsors and endorsements, etc. But it looks like the role of the manager is getting bigger.

I'm not surprised that someone like Nikolai, who likes to have control over every aspect of his skaters' preparation was not happy with that, because if something goes bad, he as a coach will be the one to take the blame. And Nikolai IS a perfectionist, workaholic and a control freak, so I don't think he would be able to stand this for a longer period of time.

After the announcement about the coaching change many wondered if Morozov has lost his mind to take on a new pupil (someone who has not even competed for a year) and risk losing his old student (an ISU record holder). I don't think it's that surprising that he jumped at the chance to explain that his decision was influenced by the third party.

Quote :
As for Nikolai.... the guy never fails to surprise me. I wish he had found time to to sit down with Daisuke and talk, but he was too busy. What he doesn't seem to realize, he might have hurt his pupil's feelings, made him feel second best.

Actually, considering that Nikolai hasn't been happy with Ihara since October (maybe earlier) he probably tried other things. It was in Morozov's best interests to continue to work with Dai and I don't think he would sabotage his chances this way.

I think his suggestion to take on Nobu as his new student was a last warning to Ihara. And when that didn't work...

"Morozov said he was left with no choice when it became apparent to him, before the world championships, that he was going to lose Takahashi."

I think that if it was possible, Morozov would definitely want to continue to work with Dai. He wanted to lead him to Olympic gold, to make a legendary skater out of him. I think he is very sad, disappointed and angry that this became impossible, and this interview was his revenge at the manager who interfered with his plans. Maybe it wasn't very Polyanna of him, but at least it showed that he cared.

And taking Nikolai's praises of Dai into consideration, I definitely don't think he planned to make Dai feel like a 'second best'.

In the end, perhaps what happened was for the best. If the atmosphere between Nikolai and Ihara was too tense it would be very difficult for Dai to work in those conditions. Sad And it looks like for some reasons that we do not know about Dai can't resign from his services.

By now, I think all the parties have moved on. I just hope that Dai can find a great coach that will be able to cooperate with his manager (or that his manager will be more careful now). He has amazing abilities and I think he will be able to show them no matter with whom he works. flower
Back to top Go down
katha
1A
1A

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Oh man, I'm just a few days away and all hell breaks loose... Wink
Well, that was an interesting article...to say the least... Suspect

Once again, I just wish that Morozov was the graceful kind and could leave well enough alone...but the fierceness and ego that makes him such an asset to his skaters probably also makes him a liability...He probably wouldn't be where he is today if he weren't so irritating...for good and bad Rolling Eyes

As I understand it there was tension all season long, it culminated with the boots business at Worlds and taking on Oda was just the final move to make the split inevitable. So I don't think not talking to Daisuke was the problem, there were probably heated discussions all season...but they just disagreed and had to part ways because they couldn't find a middle ground. That's basically the gist of what Morozov is saying between the graceless finger-pointing. Exclamation

And I say nothing wrong with that, if the atmosphere had already turned poisonous by Worlds it's just better for everyone to move on. I'm sad to hear that Daisuke was having problems at FOI Crying or Very sad but am optimistic that things will turn out great for him because he is just that awesome! Smile

Yeah, and Oda should stop blaming himself or other people blaming him for "stealing coaches" when the situation had already clearly escalated beyond repair independently of him.
Then again, maybe we could just store the article under Nikolai's clear preference for creating drama not only in his choreography but also everywhere else! lol!

Greetings,
Katharina

P.S.: I see that inskate made a lot of my points in a much better and more polite way, but it took me and my slow brain cells an embarissingly long time to write this, so I'm going to post it anyway... Wink
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Thank you for expressing your opinions, inskate and katha.

Oh, and Yshion, please don't leave I love you

Last edited by hsuhs on Sun May 25, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Thank you so much for the article and welcome to DTFF, heidi. Cool

Quote :
I am terribly sorry, all other DTFF members pale , that I wrote something annoying and uncomfortable to read.
I did not want to ruin this forum's warm atomosphere but finally I did...I feel guilty at this point, and sincerely apologize you all.

Yshion, please do not leave. I have enjoyed all of your posts very much since you've started posting. Many of us at DTFF are just as frustrated and emotional about this whole thing (Daisuke's leaving Morosov) as you are I believe. You did not ruin the forum's atmosphere because I feel that it was just your frustration and sadness about Daisuke's situation coming out. I know that you care very much about Daisuke and that's why your reaction came out this way.

Quote :
If me mentioning Nobu was irritating for you - I'm sorry. I did not realize that being a fan of one skater means not being able to talk about others at all.

Hello, inskate. I have not greeted you before. Welcome to DTFF! It is definitely okay to speak about other skaters that you like and I think that it's wonderful that you like both Daisuke and Nobunari. Cool The only thing is that the way that Nobunari's die-hard fans feel about Morosov/the whole coaching changing situation may be very different from the way some of the super die-hard fans of Daisuke feel about it. As a result, these differences in thinking may result in some hurt or confused feelings on both sides. For example, Nobunari's fans may feel very fortunate and excited to have such a high-caliber new coach as Morosov while some fans of Daisuke may feel very saddened and disappointed over the breakup of Morosov and Daisuke. These different reactions to this coaching situation also may lead us to have different interpretations of Nikolai's actions/the reasons for the coaching change. Also as super die-hard fans of Daisuke who have trusted his integrity and high sportsmanship for many years (he never bashes or speaks negatively of his competitors, coaches, judges, and so on in public), many of us choose to believe in Daisuke explanation's for the breakup- he felt it was impractial to train with his biggest rival in Japan and felt it was better to move on. In fact, even though I respect Nobunari very much as a skater and as a person, I felt the exact same way that Daisuke did the moment I heard about this. So inskate, it's not what you said that is the problem, it is the fact that we all feel very differently about this situation and have a different interpretation of what is going on. I really do appreciate all the kind and generous things that you have said about Daisuke here so far though. cheers

Quote :
He [Oda] approached me himself about me becoming his coach," Morozov said.

In a different interview Nobunari said that Nikolai was the one who approached him several times about becoming his coach. Why is Morosov saying something else this time? His credibility is suspect here.

Finally, Daisuke is a very intelligent, grown-man and I don't think he could be that easily manipulated by his agent. The whole Daisuke chose his agent over Morosov thing also doesn't make sense to me because Daisuke has always shown how much he admires Morosov whom he seemed to have a brotherly relationship with (he used to live with Morosov when he came to train at the Ice House in New Jersey). We also know from fans' reports at skating shows that Daisuke has seemed very sad and upset for a while now (very likely about the coaching thing). Like Yshion said, Daisuke was already preparing for next year's programs with Morosov and in the press conference he said that he had expected to continue the relationship with Morosov into the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. I trust Daisuke's word/opinion about this over Morosov (very sorry Morosov). Does any of this sound like a man who no longer wants to continue a relationship with Morosov and prefers his agent over Morosov? Not to me.

I don't think that I trust Morosov very much anymore (I'm sad to say it) and I am so disappointed and saddened by how he is handling the breakup with Daisuke. Daisuke took the high road, the mature way to deal with it (praising and thanking Morosov for the work that they did together), but Morosov decided to play 'the blame game' and bring up such a sensational story about what happened. I used to respect and admire Morosov so much for the work that he did with Daisuke and very importantly, because I thought that he cared very much about Daisuke as a human being, but I now I start to doubt what I knew and I don't know how I can feel the same way anymore.

So sorry for the long post everyone and hopefully what I wrote is not too too confusing to understand. I just have so much on my chest right now and I have felt very frustrated about this whole thing for a long time now. I also apologize if I have offended anyone in my long post. That was far from my intention.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:21 pm

UMgal wrote:
In a different interview Nobunari said that Nikolai was the one who approached him several times about becoming his coach. Why is Morosov saying something else this time?
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Yshion, you don't have to leave. We understand your feeling about Daisuke. This is Daisuke's fan forum, however, please understand some of DTFF members also loves other skaters and other skater's fan reads this forum's posts.

In fact, I loved Morozov's works with Daisuke for three years. Morozov always stayed with him during competitions even though some galas and I thought he was very qualified and eager person in his coaching for Daisuke that I never seen it before. That's why I'm so sad about his attitude after the broke up with Daisuke. Why did Morozov talk about this now? Because he knows Daisuke has no new coach and no choreographer now. Didn't he think about his words gives a great influence on Daisuke's future and it would hurt Daisuke and Nobunari a lot? I just believe what Daisuke said to us.

Thank you so much for your opinions, DTFF members. I'm really glad to share my feeling with you about Daisuke! Very Happy

Last edited by Leode on Sun May 25, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
katha
1A
1A

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes, this isn't a particularly well-handled situation, especially on Mr Morozov's part. Mad Daisuke on the other hand is proving to be a class act in this as he is in everything else. flower

I guess I just can't muster up any sense of outrage or betrayal or even surprise because my assessment of the situation is that Nikolai was fully dedicated to Daisuke until the split, just as I feel that he is dedicated to all of his students. And I believe him when he says that he felt that the situation wasn't bearable for him anymore. That doesn't mean that Daisuke must agree with him and do as he says, and he clearly didn't.

Going public with it in such a fashion is just tacky, though, I agree. On the other hand it was probably important to him to make it known that there was a pre-existing situation and he doesn't just drop students on a whim.

And as I already said elsewhere, I'm inclined to believe that there was more going on behind the scenes because it is just sheer madness to dump such a proven champion like Takahashi for a wild card like Oda! (No disrespect to Nobunari, who is a very talented skater but is working on a comeback after a very difficult year Sad )

Last edited by katha on Sun May 25, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inskate
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm in a rush, so I won't be able to respond to the whole post, but there is one thing that I want to point out:

Quote :
In a different interview Nobunari said that Nikolai was the one who approached him several times about becoming his coach. Why is Morosov saying something else this time?

But he didn't say anything different in this interview!

Quote :
Morozov said he informed Oda (...) on the facts of the split with Takahashi when he became his coach.

"I explained everything to Oda about why I chose to coach him and Takahashi left, and he said he understood. I'm relieved and have enjoyed working with him so far," Morozov noted.

Tha latter quote was a part of:

Quote :
In light of Oda's troubles, which resulted in him choosing to sit out the entire 2007-08 season, I wondered if the JSF might have asked Morozov to coach the Osaka native.

"He approached me himself about me becoming his coach," Morozov said.

Morozov's words were a reply to a question whether Nobunari's decision might be influenced by JSF. What Morozov meant is that Nobunari made the final move on his own. His English is not that good 😆, so when taken out of context it might seem weird, but if you read the entire article carefully, it makes sense.

Scrambling all the pieces together, it looks to me like the sequence of events was like this:

1. At Worlds Morozov felt that he is loosing control over the situation. He is trying to patch things up with Ihara, but is ignored.
2. Fearing that he will be left with no elite skater to train, he makes proposition to Nobunari. (If at this point Ihara backed away, I think Nikolai would still chose Dai over Nobu).
3. Nobunari decides that trying to work with Morozov might be a good idea. They have a test skate somewhere in early April and decide to work together.
4.Official announcement that Nobu switches coaches. Ihara claims that he never heard about this.
5.The different things that news reported were probably caused by the fact that some of them printed Morozov's version, some Ihara's.
6.Daisuke decides to switch away from Nikolai and move on.
7. Gallagher sniffs a hot topic and contacts Morozov for an exclusive interview. It was not Nikolai who searched Gallagher! ANd probably even Nikolai did not expect that the tone of the article will be so sensationalistic.

I don't think that Daisuke could be "manipulated" by his agent... But the agent position might be simply too big for Daisuke to oppose to him. Or it might be something we don't know about. I don't think it was simply a question of chooseing the agent over Nikolai... Perhaps he could not resign from Ihara's services, or maybe he was not even wholly informed about the entire situation.

About Daisuke being upset at FOI... I think it could be caused by many things. Perhaps he was upset because Ihara knew about the coaching change but did not inform Dai, because he hoped that Nikolai just used an empty threat. And Dai was really shocked when he learned that, but when the news became official it was already too late. Sad

When Ayanon posted on FSU about Ihara being "arrogant", it only made my suspicions stronger.

I don't know all the details, but I think I'm more inclined to blame the agent rather than the coach. This is not even a question of good/bad personality, or sensitivity, or something like that.
This is simply because looking from the opportunistic point of view, Morozov's actions make no sense at all.
What goal would he have in basically dropping his most promising student at the moment? What would he achieve by hurting his feelings? He would just ruin his reputation as a coach.
I definitely think that his decision was strongly influenced by the third party.

Quote :
Why did Morozov talk about this now?

I think he did not want to make an impression that he did not care about Daisuke's feelings when taking on Nobunari as a new student. He wanted to make it clear that he did whatever he could to help Daisuke, but couldn't stand the situation anymore and was forced to make an ultimatum - and then was ignored (by the agent).
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:17 pm

Yshion wrote:
Oh please please please don't..... Sad Sad Sad I know how much you love Dai-chan and I really understand how you feel. We remember you spent many hours to translate Dai-chan's blog for us with your great love for Dai-chan!! So please don't. Sad Sad Sad

I think everybody has a different points of view. For example,
hsuhs wrote:
What he doesn't seem to realize, he might have hurt his pupil's feelings, made him feel second best.
Actually when I read this I thought as a "super die-hard fans of Daisuke" (thank you UMgal for giving us a wonderful name!! Razz ) hushs worried about Nobu's feeling . But inskate thought it different way. Please understand I don't mean which is right or wrong. Sometimes we can't agree with someone's opinion even though we are good friends. It happens all over the world. And as you know, we have right to express our own opinions.
Leode wrote:
heidi, you don't have to leave.
It's not heidi, it's Yshion.
Leode wrote:
Why did Morozov talk about this now?
Basically he wanted to justify himself. But for me it sounds like he can't give up Dai-chan.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Thanks, miyu, I corrected it. Sorry, heidi.
I think that it looks like Morozov blames himself about lost of Daisuke, not agent.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi   Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi Empty

Back to top Go down

Morozov blames agent for breakup with Takahashi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next