Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?

Go down 
+8
na1129
hsuhs
Salamandra
Leode
nipponophile
celeste
miyu
swandie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? Empty
PostSubject: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:47 am

Word on FSU is that Nobu will be coached in the U.S. by Morozov (Shocked) and that Dai's coach for next season is to be determined. They posted a couple of articles but they're in Japanese (Has anyone in Japan heard anything about this?) I find it really odd that Nobu would leave Canada (Lee Barkell was great for him) and that Dai would leave Morozov. Unless the federation decided that Morozov would make a better coach for Nobu. But then where does that leave Dai if he did have to leave Morozov? Or could it be that Nobu is just consulting with him? Dai has had so much success with Morozov that it doesn't make sense to me that he would change. If Dai didn't make a coaching change, how would it be for him to have Morozov work with his closest rival? Just thinking out loud here....

Also, Nobu has his status back and will be skating in the show in Korea as well as Dreams on Ice. If anyone is going to either show, I would love to read about what you think.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:11 am

I was shocked by reading the news just now............
I found 3 news relating the matter.

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20080426-OYT1T00380.htm
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/news/20080426k0000e050035000c.html
http://www.sanspo.com/sokuho/080426/sokuho012.html

It was officially announced by JSF that Nobunari is going to work with Nikolai Morozov. One of those article said whether Dai-chan will be still with Nikolai hasn't been decided. (Sanspo) Accoding another one Nobunari works with Nikolai same as Dai-chan.(Mainichi)

I have no idea which is true... At least it is clear Nobunari will work with Nikolai.
According Dai-chan's interview after Worlds it seemed he expected to work with Nikolai this season too at that time.

I feel same as swandie... Nikolai and Dai-chan are great team but I'm afraid it won't work well if he trains with one of his biggest rival closely together.....

BTW do you know Tarasova has become a kind of a special coach for Japanese team or something. It was announced by JSF the other day. It will unlikely happen that Dai-chan will work with Tarasova again but....................

Last edited by miyu on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:13 am

Thanks, miyu! It's quite confusing! I heard about Tarasova too but I think she will most likely be working with Mao
Back to top Go down
celeste
1A
1A
celeste

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi, I was very surprised and shocked.

I think Morozov and Daisuke are good team, too.
But...

I'm anxious about Daisuke.

Daisuke talked about next season on 'Men's Figure Skate 2007-2008 Memorial book'.
(https://daisuke-takahashi.forumotion.com/news-and-topics-about-daisuke-f2/just-released-men-s-figure-skate-2007-2008-memorial-book-t425.htm)
Daisuke answered "I think that after Nikolai takes a rest a little, he begin to think".

This interview was the next day of Worlds Men's Free.
However, I have no idea whether Daisuke has already known it at that point.

Sorry, my English.

Last edited by celeste on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 12:24 pm

swandie wrote:
Word on FSU is that Nobu will be coached in the U.S. by Morozov (Shocked) and that Dai's coach for next season is to be determined. They posted a couple of articles but they're in Japanese (Has anyone in Japan heard anything about this?) I find it really odd that Nobu would leave Canada (Lee Barkell was great for him) and that Dai would leave Morozov. Unless the federation decided that Morozov would make a better coach for Nobu. But then where does that leave Dai if he did have to leave Morozov? Or could it be that Nobu is just consulting with him? Dai has had so much success with Morozov that it doesn't make sense to me that he would change. If Dai didn't make a coaching change, how would it be for him to have Morozov work with his closest rival? Just thinking out loud here....

Also, Nobu has his status back and will be skating in the show in Korea as well as Dreams on Ice. If anyone is going to either show, I would love to read about what you think.

I'm going to Dreams on Ice, swandie, and will be sure to report back to everyone! I've never seen Nobunari perform live, so looking forward to that.

But the news about Dai/Morozov is unsettling. I can't imagine Dai would want to leave what has been a very fruitful partnership. But perhaps this might go some way to explaining why he's appeared not his usual self on the ice recently......
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:10 pm

nipponophile wrote:

But the news about Dai/Morozov is unsettling. I can't imagine Dai would want to leave what has been a very fruitful partnership. But perhaps this might go some way to explaining why he's appeared not his usual self on the ice recently......

That's something to think about. When things are weighing on your mind, it can show in whatever you're doing. Added to such a draining season, it's enough to stress anyone out. Having all these ice shows to do doesn't help. I really hope Dai is not headed for a nervous breakdown or something. pale
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi, DTFF members!! Very Happy
Don't worry about this! Here is latest Japanese news about Nobunari. This said Daisuke and Nobunari will work together with Morozov next season.

今季は高橋大輔(関大大学院)と同じくニコライ・モロゾフ・コーチの指導を受ける。
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080426-00000027-mai-spo

celeste
1A
1A
celeste

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Sorry. I made a mistake.
I wanted to write "I'm very anxious about Daisuke".

I am ashamed pale

Quote :
If this is a cause, I am very sad Sad

Quote :
Daisuke and Nobunari will work together with Morozov next season.

Mmm... scratch
I am worried about this,
But I believe that Daisuke makes best decision Smile

Go Daisuke !
Back to top Go down
Salamandra
1A
1A
Salamandra

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Leode wrote:

This said Daisuke and Nobunari will work together with Morozov next season.
So Morozov will coach in next season Ando, Rippon, Takahashi, Oda + four or five dance couples... Isn't this too much for one coach?
I wonder why Nobunari has decided to leave Lee Barkell? In my opinion they were good team and I really like the programmes whiches choreographed David Wilson for Oda. Or that was decision of Japanese federation?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vika85
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Love the tag, Salamandra....
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Thanks for the update, Leode. The articles say so many different things. People at the Mao forum say that Dai is considering changing because apparently he's in a slump...but they posted a less recent article.

Salamandra wrote:

So Morozov will coach in next season Ando, Rippon, Takahashi, Oda + four or five dance couples... Isn't this too much for one coach?

I think Morozov handles it extremely well. He is able to give all of his students his best despite having so many plus do choreography for others (he did Pang and Tong's free skate this past season). And some of his dance teams are coached by others as well. The Zaretskys and the Reeds are coached by Galit Chait in addition to Morozov. I think Chait is the primary coach for the Zaretskys though. So he really doesn't have to worry about some of his dance teams too much so that eliminates some of the work.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:51 am

I find it all pretty confusing. I think Nikolai has done a lot for Daisuke, they make (made?) a great team together. But, if Dai decides to move on, I'll be behind him 100 percent. It's his life and his career.
Back to top Go down
na1129
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:06 am

I searched in google about Nikolai

Coach&Choreography

Daisuke TAKAHASHI
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR&Stanislav MOROZOV
Cathy REED&Chris REED
Alexandra ZARETSKI&Roman ZARETSKI
Nora HOFFMANN&Attila ELEK
Adam RIPPON
Austin KANALLAKAN
Miki ANDO
Kristin FRASER&Igor LUKANIN
Anna ZADOROZHNIUK&Sergei VERBILLO
Isabella TOBIAS&Otar JAPARIDZE

Only Choreography

Anabelle LANGLOIS&Cody HAY
Alban PREAUBERT
Qing PANG&Jian TONG
Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
Tamar KATZ
Ming XU
Ryan BRADLEY
Scott SMITH
Alisa DREI
Elena MUHHINA
Crystal KIANG

My God He works too hard!!!
now Plus Oda.....
If Oda can bring a good effect to Daisuke, it will be great. I hope so^-^
They are not like Weir-Lysacek, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:24 am

The most current word out is that both Dai and Nobu will be with Morozov. The article Leode linked to is the most recent news. The people at the other forums were referring to older articles. The updates came pretty quickly so it can be confusing if you're not looking at the most recent news.

na1129, Hoffman/Elek are broken up...so that's one less team he has. And like I said before, he is not the primary coach for all those skaters/teams. It is true that Nicolai works hard but he handles it! Very Happy

Dai and Nobu are nothing like Evan and Johnny (although the media may be exaggerating the bitterness quite a bit). Dai and Nobu are good friends and at the same time have pushed each other. Sharing a coach could promote friendly competition. It has worked out great for Igor Shpilband's ice dancers (although Belbin and Agosto have moved to Linichuk due to needing a fresh start) so it could be great for Dai and Nobu.

And someone mentioned on GoldenSkate that Nicolai could be good for Nobu in terms of not doing too many combinations (although Dai did fall victim to this at worlds). This move could help Nobu with putting the triple-triple-triple into his programs too!

Last edited by swandie on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:27 am

I really feel depressed this morning after reading some latest news..........Neutral Neutral Neutral

I'm going to post unassured iformation because I think the foreign fans are also very eager to know anything about this.
I want to confirm you any official anouncements hasn't arrived yet.Rolling Eyes

中日スポーツ Chunichi Sports
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sports/news/CK2008042702006920.html
会見に同席した日本スケート連盟の伊東秀仁・フィギュア強化部長は「高橋は来季もニコライ(モロゾフ)に付くのか決まっていません…」と濁したが、日本男子のトップを争う2人が、同じコーチに師事する現実性は低い。
Hidehito Ito, JSF's manager of figure skating, who was present at that press conference said ambiguously "Whether Takahashi will continue working with Nikolai hasn't been determined yet..." However it isn't practical that 2 top Japanese skater train under the same coach.

スポーツ報知 Sports Hochi
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20080427-OHT1T00029.htm
同氏はライバルの高橋大輔(関大大学院)のコーチも務めていたが、今季については未定で、織田に“完全シフト”する可能性もある。
Morozov worked with Daisuke Takahashi (Kansai Univ.) but this year assignment is to be determined and there is possibility that he will shift completely to Oda.

スポニチ Sponichi
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2008/04/27/13.html
伊東強化部長は「高橋がモロゾフに指導を受けるかどうかは決まっていない」と話した。
Figure skating manager of JSF, Mr. Ito said "Whether Takahashi will work with Morozov hasn't been determined yet."

Even though some of those news were from unreliable news paper, it seems at least it's clear whether Dai-chan continue working with Nikolai or not hasn't been determined.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
What's going on?????
I hope these stressful matters won't harm Dai-chan..bounce bounce bounce

Last edited by miyu on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks for the update, miyu.

Confused! scratch If I'm confused by all this, I can't imagine what Dai is feeling! What is the Japanese federation doing?!?! The overwhelming idea here is that Nobu is definitely working with Morozov but Dai may not be? Could this very well be why Dai didn't skate well at the Japan Open or Prince Ice World like nipponophile alluded to? Now I'm worried again! Not only about Dai's competitive future but his mental health too. pale If this whole thing is going to force Dai out of a great coaching situation and cause his skating to deteriorate, Nobu should stick with Lee Barkell. It's worked out great for him and Nobu likes training in Canada. In short, why mess with a good thing...for both of them?

There's an interview with Nobu on YouTube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=icZmcZSYo2I. Is the press conference in this video what the articles are referring to?
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:14 am

swandie wrote:
There's an interview with Nobu on YouTube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=icZmcZSYo2I. Is the press conference in this video what the articles are referring to?
Yes. And I saw another TV news last night which aired the video Nobunari and Nikolai practiced togerther at NJ..... (maybe it recoreded at the biggining of April)

swandie wrote:
Not only about Dai's competitive future but his mental health too.
Yes......Sad Sad Sad

I'm really sad if it's true Dai-chan and Nikolai are going to apart. Sad Sad Sad Sad Actually I sometimes thought it would be very interesting to see him to skate other choreographer's programs but everytime I gave up the thought because I belived Dai-chan and Nikolai was a great team.

Anyway We have to wait and see..........
I hope our fears will turn out to be groundless. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:26 pm

miyu wrote:

Yes. And I saw another TV news last night which aired the video Nobunari and Nikolai practiced togerther at NJ..... (maybe it recoreded at the biggining of April)

I just saw that on YouTube. Morozov praised Nobu's skating and Nobu seems so happy. He was just loving NYC and it's nice to see him being his cute smiling self again. Still, I'm not liking this very much for Dai. Breaking up such a fruitful coaching situation could be catastrophic for him.
Back to top Go down
katha
1A
1A

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Wow! This is all very strange... Question

Obviously we don't know what's really going on, but if it's really true that Daisuke didn't know about the changing situation, that's horrible for him! Crying or Very sad

It would be another matter entirely if he decided that he needed a change,
but since that doesn't seem the case...

And I have to agree with swandie, what is the JSF thinking? Uprooting both
skaters from coaching situations they were obviously very happy in?

This reminds me of the stories about Arakawa and Callaghan or Ando's year with Heiss Jenkins. Have the Japanese skaters a say at all in their coaching arrangements? Or the coaches working with them, for that matter? Or is it only the JSF making these decisions?

I'm just rambling and confused here, so I'll stop...

Greetings,
Katharina
Back to top Go down
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm

as a choregrapher Morozov coaches so many skaters!!! He can coach Nobunari and still coach Daichan. So do not worry for Daisuke. In the case his new coach is Tarasova, it will be a good change. Remember Kulik and Yagudin
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 3:08 pm

I deleted one of the news quatations which I have posted. Because I'm afraid it was written bit scandalous intentionally.... Sorry. No No
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 6:31 pm

miyu, thank you for all the updates/translations, for keeping us informed.

I hope to hear something definite from Daisuke, and soon.
Back to top Go down
Salamandra
1A
1A
Salamandra

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:29 pm

nipponophile wrote:
Love the tag, Salamandra....
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Salamandra
1A
1A
Salamandra

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:31 pm

hsuhs wrote:
I find it all pretty confusing. I think Nikolai has done a lot for Daisuke, they make (made?) a great team together. But, if Dai decides to move on, I'll be behind him 100 percent. It's his life and his career.
So do I. I hope there will be more news soon.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 am

Thank you all for news and translation!
I don't know what to say... It's a really unexpected news! Shocked
But there're so many things we don't know... Who takes this decision? Federation or skaters or coach? Did Japan Federation decide Oda has to train with Morozov? Did the federations decide something also about Daisuke? I don't think Daisuke or Morozov decided to stop working togheter... they did a great work, Morozov seemed to love work with Dai (think to IFS magazine article)... it's true that the season didn't end as they hoped... could this fact make someone take this decision? confused
Sorry... I'm so confused... and my english too... Embarassed
I'd like to have some news about Daisuke...
I really hope everything is ok and we are worring for nothing...

I think this is the video mentioned by miyu and swandie. You can see Morozov and Nobunari working together. Morozov uses very nice words talking about Nobunari.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPChwg-s-mw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?   Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nobunari Oda is going to work with Morozov?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next