Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2022

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

News and Topics 2022 Empty
PostSubject: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 11:22 pm

Kana's IGS showing first sun of the new year.

Remember Dai's sunrise photos a year ago?
So this time, Kana did the "public relations"  Very Happy

Couldn't help but save this one, it's a wonderful symbol of their positive spirit

Grow and blossom:

My great admiration for their mindset!
They already left the broken pieces behind and have set out for new goals.

May you bloom and show your potential more and more, to delight yourself and your audience! flower flower flower

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:32 pm

In the Japanese media as probably in the whole figure skating world, KanaDai were considered the favorite to win Nationals and be selected for the Olympics.
The media had already chilled the champagne, so to speak.
Maybe that's why that one-hour (!) interview was scheduled for KanaDai after MOI.
Some material from it was released in Nikkansports (meowmix' translation video refers to it).
More has been published in Sportiva these days
I'll give a bit of translation.

Interview outtakes machine translated:

Some more Dai quote snippets, I think it's from same interview. Sorry don't remember the source.

"Last season was really tough. Every day some part of my body hurt. But this season I feel like I'm physically younger than I was when I was 27. I don't feel as old as 35 (laughs). My performance has improved through practicing and when I'm in good shape, I'm amazed at how much I can do. It takes time to recover from fatigue, but I think the way I train makes a big difference. Sometimes I feel 35, sometimes I don't."

"I think I have a better body than before. I've got a better waist and top, my hips are up, my thighs are up. I'd like to put on a little more weight, but I think I've got a really good body."

Q "Do you have a clear idea of where your goal is?
D: [...] "Well, we don't know how far we're going to grow. So I don't think we need to worry too much about where we want to grow.

ETA One more article providing excerpts from post-MOI interview. Focussing on feelings about situation and about KoKo team.
For completeness, once again the Nikkansports article, but it's been set for (free) members only now. Plus here again the translation video by meowmix.
So that's all the sources I know about the Dec 27 interview.

Last edited by sonabilis on Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:46 am

Dai-chan IG update!  cheers
And we got a translation thanks to @iguana012  flower

Powerful and proud words, he's believing in himself  I love you  I love you
And has a score to settle with fate (or with whoever) - he's ready  News and Topics 2022 1f525  News and Topics 2022 1f525  News and Topics 2022 1f525

Dai added a note below saying he didn't take any New Year's-like photos this year, but this pic (by tokyosports) is "my #1 crazy favorite photo of the year!"

Some months ago, ISU launched the doku/interview format #upagain on its YT channel.
I suspect KanaDai will be guests there soon.
Why?
Because of this article on ISU website. It's tagged #upagain, and 80% of it is about KanaDai.
In its entirety, the article is quite strange, because the last few lines are about the Japanese Olympic team (even forgetting KoKo and Mana Kawabe). So KanaDai seem like the headliners of the Olympic team here.
As I said, all the world expected them to make it (but really, the author should have redesigned this article!)

Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing them presented by ISU itself sunny sunny sunny

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 11:50 am

Thank you sonabilis for the update and for link to translation  cheers

Yes, he selected a gorgeous photo. And indeed he is a Tiger that never gives up!!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 6:19 am

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 12:24 pm

sonabilis wrote:
Just a pic

(source)

OMG, almost fell off my chair  drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken   

Apologize if already posted 

MOI - You are the reason + interview

Today Kurashiki has held the Third Reiwa Adulthood Ceremony and Dai send a  video as congratulation message

A bit off topic - maybe you already know it, but just in case... This figure skating fan presents very interesting videos as explanation of figure skating elements (at present mainly on Ice Dance) 

The Technical Panel Youtube Channel

Have a nice SunDai and stay safe!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 12:00 pm

SkyCourt will broadcast a special/interview with KanaDai on January 15th: "Kana Muramoto / Daisuke Takahashi 2022 New Year Special!

Post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to the Worlds  with the photo posted by SkyCourt as IG story and reposted also by Kana & Dai as IG stories.  Both have also posted on IG the same promotional video 

Dai on IG

Kana on IG

Today the European Championships start. Wishing all skaters to enjoy this important competition in safety and health (Europe is really badly affected by Covid in these days) 

Have a nice Daiday and stay safe.

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Last Sunday, an article appeared in Japan about KanaDai, their development, JNats participation and resultats of Olympic nomination.
Written by Akiko Tanaka (I remember reading a detailed and enthusiastic review of LUXE by her)
The article was well received by Daisuke/Kanadai fandom.
Thankfully, meowmix took the trouble to provide us with some excerpts in English (video):

From "An Unprecedented Journey" by Akiko Tanaka, Sunday Mainichi's 100th Anniversary

ETA: meowmix set the video to private, so it's no longer available (must have had reasons surely, but don't know why)

ETA2: Video is back online, but "not listed". I updated the link above (turn on English subtitles)

The e+ streaming site for KanaDai's New Year Special features a text about planned content:

村元哉中・髙橋大輔 2022 New Year Special:

Fans say judging by the background of their video, KanaDai must be in Florida.
That surprised me. But they surely have their good reasons.

Europeans have started in Estonia. Hope the hosts and guests act prudently to avoid a contagion roulette. Likewise next week at 4CC.

Good luck and confidence to KanaDai!

Stay safe everyone!
sunny  sunny  sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 11:45 am

The 4CC Adventure has started!!  

Dai's instastory - To Tallinn  posted 5 hours ago 

Kana's new post on IG 

Ready for our FIRST championship together

Earlier Kana posted an instastory, maybe when they were leaving from Florida

Waking up with Florida tornado warning... But we are safe

Aera article about 4CC and Japanese team  - KanaDai have the highest seasonal score among the Ice Dance entries, and the article briefly recalls the previous medals: Kana/Chris 2018 bronze and Dai's gold/gold/silver/bronze as single skater. 

4 great photos of KanaDai's RD in Warsaw  - The amateur photographer and figure skating fan Daria Rudakova says she is happy to watch them again in Tallinn

GO KANADAI!!!!  Have a safe trip and a safe stay in Tallinn!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2022 11:32 am

KanaDai have arrived safely in Tallinn!!   cheers cheers

Kana's instastory   Finally 2:10 AM

Hours before Dai posted an instastory to inform they were delayed 

Again     

EDIT: according to some tweets they remained stuck at Frankfurt airport long time yesterday. Fans were worried because today the official practices start. Hope they could rest a bit after arrival. 

Matterhorn Fit on IG "Good luck"

GO KANADAI!!!  Stay safe and healthy and enjoy the competition  cheers

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2022 8:36 pm

According to this post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to the Worlds  KanaDai did not attend the morning practice (of course!!) but were on the ice in the afternoon. 

Today's RD practice  - photo courtesy of fsphoto_syo via Twitter

Today's RD practice - short video courtesy of sno_oboe via Twitter

Koji Kurita on IG  - don't know when these gym practices were recorded but it's always nice to watch

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 11:22 am

Hi everyone.

this article by Hint.pot JP  talks about KanaDai taking part at 4CC. Nothing new but the article reports a nice fact, related to the photo Kana posted on IG on Monday  - Google translation

"Two people making the pictogram "Futatsunomiya", which indicates Pisces, with finger letters. Takahashi was born on March 16th, and Muramoto was born on March 3rd, and since the constellations are both Pisces, they are taking a breathtaking pose as well as acting."

Thanks to fan "teamkumataka" for tweeting it

Short tv news with yesterday practice and interview

English translation of some quotes from interview  thanks to @iguana012 via Twitter

GO KANADAI!!  Stay safe and healthy  I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 6:45 pm

RD starting order  - KanaDai will be the last couple in the first group, on the ice at 13:08 Tallinn time

Post by Daisuke Takahashi Road to the World with link to a photoalbum of KanaDai RD practice.  

Sorry, the original link is too long and I am not able to post it directly.

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 7:03 pm

Thanks Pattina for all the updates! Belated thanks also for the link to the Technical Panel YT channel. I had found it once but lost track of it.

So our heroes seem to be fit and in good spirits, and Marina finally is with them!
Utako sensei is also in Tallinn with Sena Miyake. Yesterday it was reported they came to watch the ID practice.

One more Kanadai quote from yesterday's "Live News @", thanks to @iguana012

Quote:

I like this quote, it sounds so refreshingly clear and realistic as well as positive and self-confident.
Another quote from Dai complements this very well:

We are free to set our own goals.

(Transcription in this blogpost)

Dramatic super slo mo

ETA: Deleted the short Twitter clips from their FD practice, here it is in full on YT

ETA2 RD runthrough

"Kana was about to collide with another player, and Kana fell, but it looks okay"

Last edited by sonabilis on Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 8:08 pm

I apologize in advance for the following long text.
There are some thoughts and feelings I would like to express. All positive, so don't worry  Very Happy

Many KanaDai fans were busy for a while digesting the unexpected turn of events. Some of the positions were far apart.
A few were somewhat bitter, which, of course, leads nowhere. Others soon saw the opportunities offered by the new path.

One blogger found a very nice metaphor, inspired by their "L'aigle noir" performance in LUXE:
KanaDai are like a big eagle that has just fledged. It can already fly magnificently with its powerful wings. But it has not yet lost the hatchling feathers.
The blogger writes she felt a lot with KanaDai, their hope and painful disappointment.
But in retrospect, she says, perhaps fate made a beneficial decision.

Now the eagle doesn't have to withstand the turbulence the very big stage inevitably brings. It can continue to strengthen its wings in calmer surroundings and gradually shed the baby feathers.

She also says KanaDai's story is so incredible, it would probably be rejected as the plot of a fictional story.
That's right.
When I think about how many improbabilities came together here, and how much Dai's transformation goes beyond anything you'd expect human learning to be capable of, it leaves me breathless every time.

Some speculate about what would have happened if Dai had found his way to ice dance earlier. We have no way of knowing. But I'm quite sure a miracle of this magnitude was only possible with exactly this congenial partner, with a coach who put her heart and soul into this project, and with the fierce determination and bravery of both, who knew they had only one shot.

All the best in Tallinn for KanaDai!
Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  "May the force be with you!" Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 11:49 am

Hi everyone.  Thanks, sonabilis, for all the new links and also for expressing your thoughts. 

Yes, that fall iced the blood in the veins of all KanaDai fans and we all were so sad when their Olympic dream vanished. I know they will do their best at 4CC and Worlds but I wonder if Japanese media are putting pressure on them to reach a good placement at Worlds so to gain again two spots for Japanese Ice Dance at 2023 Worlds. Hope KanaDai can go through and simply enjoy both competitions. 

RD practice - Patinage Magazine on IG

FD practice - wonderful pose  credit to sno_oboe via Twitter

FD practice - bright smiles   credit to sno_oboe via Twitter

According to  this tweet by Daisuke Takahashi Kana Muramoto Road to the World the Ice Dance technical panel at 4CC is quite tought therefore the scores will probably drop. But any level gained is well deserved. 

In these days I'm working from home. so hopefully I will be able to switch on my pc near the office one and have a look at KanaDai performance.  Fingers crossed that my boss does not schedule a sudden meeting today  Very Happy

GO KANADAI!!! We are always with you!! Go and shine!!!!

You all stay safe and healthy.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:40 pm

The RD at 4CC has just ended. 

KanaDai are second!! ISU RD Result   

Judges Scores

Once again bad luck: Dai hesitates for a moment to step under Kana's leg, perhaps he felt he didn't have enough space. When he passes, in fact, with his head he hits Kana's leg and makes her throw her balance forward. Kana tries to escape but falls. Luckily it happened out of any technical element, so they only had a deduction but no negative impact on GOEs. 

Good news: four Y in the Midnight Blues  cheers cheers and all positive GOEs. 

GO KANADAI!!! They wanted to skate in the FD last group and get it!!

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 7:39 pm

Poor Dai and Kana I hope they are alright. Their practices were so good beforehand. Excellent result though, hit all of their key elements. I have not watched yet as it was to early for me. I was sleeping.

Looking forward to their FD, I will watch that live, much better time for me. GO KANADAI!!!!!

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 pm

Eeeeeh what a foolish mistake....  Neutral
Dai seemed very angry with himself afterwards.

"The falls tend to happen on things we take for granted" I read the other day, I think Madison Hubbel said it.

But great how they both caught themselves right away, delivered KP4yyyy and the rest went well too flower

They would have finished 2nd either way, G/P were very strong today.

I find their PCS interesting, more specifically the rather large range. PE/CO/IN all over 1 point deviation, CO a whole 1.75!
Where might that come from?

Well, hopefully they will be a bit calmer from the start tomorrow.
Dai-chan and his perfection mania, well...

All the best for tomorrow KanaDai! sunny

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 12:28 am

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:40 am

4CC - KanaDai RD

Kana's instastory Keep Going

Great photo on Japan Today

fsphoto_syo on IG

GO KANADAI!! Keep strong and focused and show everyone your great skating!!

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:48 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!    cheers cheers cheers Silver medalists at their first ISU Championships. I am so proud of them 

The podium - please note that Dai is the only one to show to photographers the back of the medal. So typical Dai-chan  I love you

On the ice after the medal ceremony - courtesy of @viola33 on twitter

The 2022 Four Continents Medalists

Dai makes history again, winning a medal in the same competition in two different disciplines  cheers cheers cheers

Tweet by Daisuke Takahashi Kana Muramoto Road to the World

Press conference will start soon

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:54 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO KANADAI!!! Silver Medalist at their first ISU Championship. I am so happy
and proud of them!!!!!!  cheers  cheers  bounce  bounce

Pattina did you notice a slight limp from Dai as they were leaving the ice after their performance, not sure could have been my feed.

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 12:24 pm

Hi everyone. Sorry, just jumping in shortly because I have various things to do today. 

My eyes are still full of beauty and my heart is full of joy. Yesterday KanaDai made history winning the first silver medal for Japanese Ice Dance in an ISU Championships and I love Kana mentioning it during the Press Conference, but...not to make self-praise, just to underline her joy and how far she arrived with Dai in such a short time.  Dai adds another record: the first skater to medal at the same Championships in two different disciplines.  

Kana's instastories We did it!

Have a nice SaturDai  flower flower

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 am

Finally found some time to add my congrats for KanaDai!!
What a joy!!!  cheers  cheers  cheers  flower  flower  flower
Yes Championship silver for Japan ID and for Dai in two disciplines - but there's still more: Kana medalling at 4CC with two different partners, and Dai in three Exclamation  different decades.

However, when Dai kept hearing that yesterday, I wondered how old it must make him feel?  Shocked
They honored him like a living monument, and after press conf. all the young skaters bowed to a terribly embarassed Dai-chan.  Embarassed  

There are many interesting quotes and statements from the interviews and press conferences. I’ll try to convey some of that content in next post. Hope I manage to do it tomorrow.

Today, Kana&Dai enjoyed some sightseeing in the beautiful historic city of Tallinn. Kana’s IGS 9h ago, starting with a seagull portrait Very Happy
Dai’s spectacular parka inspired the fandom to some research   Cool
The parka pic saved here.
After that, they apparently went to the ladies victory ceremony.

-- btw congrats to the impressive Mai Mihara!

Tomorrow morning Gala rehearsals I assume? (ETA: no of course later, after men's FS alien )
If I had a wish: Please, please skate the „white Soran“ tomorrow!!!  News and Topics 2022 1f64f  News and Topics 2022 1f64f  News and Topics 2022 1f64f

The photo tsunami is hard to keep track of, I'm overwhelmed sorry. Only this:
Gorgeous (source)

Only halfway off topic: Deniss Vassilievs "trying something new" affraid lol!

sunny sunny sunny

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2022   News and Topics 2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2022
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next