Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2020

Go down 
+3
Dancergirl
Shyla
PATTINA
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 am

Don't worry Pattina about Dai, he will be fine. He has friends in New York. Meryl and Charlie are also his friends. Marina used to be their coach so I am sure they will welcome Dai to the US. Meryl has already said that she would be willing to help him and Kana, and don't forget the Japanese Media, at some point they will catch up with him and Kana while training and hopefully we fans may get some information.

Only time will tell how it all will work out and all we can do is wish him the best and good luck.

Thank you and sonabilis for all the updates!
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:07 pm

Hello, everybody,

after a few busy days, a day off, hooray   cheers

Funny video! Laughing

Yes Pattina, this will be a big change. How may Dai feel himself? He said things like: he's facing a wall of challenges, and he doesn't know yet how it will turn out. But he hopes that behind all the fears and difficulties there will be joy and fulfillment... something like that.

But you are quite right Shyla. He does have good friends in the US. That will be a great help, even though he might miss his friends back home, and maybe a little bit his popularity, this "being enveloped by general attention and affection" he enjoys in Japan.

Maybe 2015 will come to mind of many fans. But now he's going under completely different circumstances and with clear goals.

If things go well, Dai can certainly get much fruitful inspiration from it.  
He always seems to have all senses open for new experiences and does not shy away from painful things.
Like little Dai in one of the old videos: throws himself wildly into a spin, falls and is surprised: "oh that hurts!" That's him  Laughing  I love you

As for working environment, I think he will easily get used to it. I suppose it's like stages and concert halls: they have similarities all over the world. And musicians and stage performers are like a secret family, they easily get together, anywhere in the world. I can imagine it's similar among skaters.
Besides, Kana is going with him, and they will work together every day. May their good relationship continue and grow stronger!!

And I'm sure Japanese media will not miss opportunity to provide the fans with K7D1 stories from Florida! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 am

Dear Shyla and Sonabilis, thanks for warm and encouraging words. yes, it's a completely different situation in respect of 2015 because now Dai has already real plans and goals in his mind for his future career. Maybe we will wait for a while without news, not an unusual thing for Dai-fans Very Happy but new stories will arrive to fill our hearts with joy.

Another video about the Sky-Court skating lesson + Kana/Dai's press conference posted by 35-45 Woman on their YT channel (a bit longer than the one previously posted last week)

Daisuke Takahashi's cute digest video | Sky Court Skate School & Press Conference

Full version of Puma CM

PUMA Challenge campaign - full CM

2 more pics of Dai in LA from Anohito NTV.

Anohito NTV - IG post

sonabilis wrote:
And I'm sure Japanese media will not miss opportunity to provide the fans with K7D1 stories from Florida!

Dai is scheduled to take part in Shizuka's Friends+ on February 27th. Let's hope it's just the first of many stories (and not only a talk in studio recorded before departure, although they'll probably talk about Nats and IE 2020)

Nitteleplus - Friends + schedule

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 am

Pattina wrote:
(and not only a talk in studio recorded before departure, although they'll probably talk about Nats and IE 2020)
Yes of course it had to be recorded before departure, just like the talk with Kana scheduled this Thursday. Surely interesting anyway  Smile

I'm just browsing through old threads. In fall 2014, 2 months passed until the recorded material for "Kenji's Room" was broadcast. That was really long!

By the way I came across Dai's first beginnings as an interior designer Very Happy
Here: [Oct 17, 2014] »To be a do-it-yourself Sunday carpenter. No, it’s not that full-fledged sort, but I bought spray cans and paint or what not… To have them a hand-made feel, and I will try arranging my room with them,” said Takahashi san. Miyamoto san, who was poking fun at him on that at first saying “why?” admitted that he thought Daisuke’s room looked pretty cool when he visited it. Bringing his great sense into play, he announced that he would challenge to make a book shelf in the program.«

AERA article on IE

One more blue Dai-chan

Quote :
Let's hope it's just the first of many stories

Yeah Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 11:04 am

Caution!!! This can cause heart attacks!!  drunken  drunken  drunken

Puma Campaign

Source   https://www.seventietwo.com/ja/news/Puma-DaisukeTakahashi-Hatenko

The article reports where Dai shot the cm - but the fan BlueCherry already discovered it days ago  Very Happy  Dai-fans are the best detectives in the world  lol!

Anohito TV's tweet as reminder of today's tv show featuring Dai-chan

Dai and Sheryl at Kansai Uni

Young Dai-chan  posing with his favourite cake

Source   https://twitter.com/youko87255420/status/1221984184119414784

Young Dai-chan as Puma testimonial
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Short clip from Anohito - look at 0:32  lol!

Dai-chan LOL

I've been told there was a bee lol! lol! lol!

lol!  lol!

Dai being frightened by Sheryl

One more clip with interview

Screenshot - close up

Not sure if it's from Anohito - for sure are screenshots of videos broadcasted in the last 2 months

drunken  I love you  drunken  I love you

Cute Dai in LA

EDIT - the full show - not perfect quality but better than nothing at all.  Dai's part starts at 46:50.
And the meeting with the bee lol! lol!  at 54:55 - slow motion at 55:20. Dai's scared scream is so funny Laughing Laughing

Anohito NTV - 29/01/2020
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 9:19 am

Oh. my. god.  what. a. pic   affraid   drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  (* falls over *) If only someone had warned beforehand lol!

There's been a lot of posts on Twitter about "Anohito". Interesting things seem to have come up in the show.
I really would have been interested to understand what Sheryl and Dai themselves had to say about the modifications in Phoenix Choreo.
Apparently there was also talk about how to distribute breathing points in a skating program to reduce oxygen debt.
The maximum time a person can perform physically under anaerobic metabolism is 40 seconds.  The long StSq in Phoenix is 40 seconds...

Of course, it also was about Dai's injuries. Many comments refer to it and express their high respect for him, to have gone to All Japan anyway.
Dai seems to talk about it in the interview at the table.

Kanako, as a guest on the show, says that Dai told her about his ice dance plans in Kazakhstan. That must have been in July when they were there for Denis' commemoration.

Btw, unfortunately the youtube video of Anohito is gone.  Sad  So here are some more Twitter clips

Phoenix rehearsals on floor

Crowd shouting "Dai-chan"

And a lovely, admiring tweet:

»In terms of feeling (or: perception, intuition) , he is different from common people, and his approach to create his own performance is probably unique.
I recall Nagamitsu sensei previously saying: "Normal people cannot understand [him]."
Really a genius. A genius scared of bees.«
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 11:07 am

sonabilis wrote:
Btw, unfortunately the youtube video of Anohito is gone.

oh no Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

More clips

Dai/Sheryl meeting in LA

Looking for the best move

Moments of PGG/Dai in LA

Quote :
Kanako, as a guest on the show, says that Dai told her about his ice dance plans in Kazakhstan. That must have been in July when they were there for Denis' commemoration.

Kanako was not there, or at least I don't remember seeing her at all in videos and pics of skaters commemorating Denis. Unless she was there privately or as tv commentator for the show.
Maybe Dai told her after his coming back from Kazakhstan, at the Hyoen camp? (where indeed he and Kana started their try-out)

Paper edition of Sanyo Shimbun reporting about the fund rising exhibition in Okayama last November. Love the great drawing I love you I love you I love you

Sanyo Shimbun 31 01 2020 - Dai VAS

On-line edition - if I get it right from Google translator, at the exhibition corner with Dai's costumes there was a fund rising spot (I remember seeing it in videos/pics) and 70.500,000 yen were collected.

The costume exhibition at the Fair venue was inspired by Takahashi's idea of revitalizing the local area, with costumes from the junior era lined up. Those who gave 500 yen or more will receive an original booklet that introduces Takahashi's memories.

Sanyo News 29 01 2020

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 pm

Pattina, thanks for your correction about Kanako and Kasakhstan!
I was incautious with my conclusions. If Kanako was (most likely) not in Kasakhstan, maybe online translations might be incorrect (did check with three of them), or the tweet author might have misunderstood something, or I did.
I'll be more careful Smile

One more clip - rehearsals in L.A. & Phoenix at FOI (inluded the nice double pic of Dai in similiar pose 16 yo and now)
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:36 am

Updated list of guests and broadcast dates on Shizuka's Friends+ --  On Twitter the pic is shown larger drunken
If I understand it correctly, Dai is a guest twice. First talk [# 11] will be broadcasted on 2/27 and 3/19, second [# 12] on 3/26
Ah, and Kana's Talk [# 10] is apparently repeated twice: on 2/20 and on 3/3, her birthday Smile

Dai seems to have disappeared from face of the earth at the moment, and it looks like this state will continue for a while.
So I had the idea to look what was going on in DTFF in earlier years at this time.
Voilá, some findings Smile

2008-01-28 After performing at SOI and shortly before participating in 4CC 2008 (where he would set a new world record), Dai wrote in his blog about how different shows and competitions feel to him and how he is "nervous in different ways".

2014-01-25 "Waiting for Sochi", dear Pattina posted some Daigorgeous photos drunken

2015-01-27 "Between calmness and passion" An essay in Sankei EX, being the last one of a series. Dai explained in detail his feelings after retirement and before he was going to New York.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 1:12 pm

Sonabilis, thanks for Dai's memories I love you I love you I love you

Dai's last "live" appearance has been the video Yoshi tweeted one week ago. I'm already Dai-starving!!!

Luckily there are still press articles and the like (in addition to memories), so we can survive waiting for news.

TvTokyo's tweet promoting broadcasting of IE 2020 on March 08th

Dai and Hiro - IE 2020 backstage

A collection of 4 pics drunken drunken drunken drunken

Fashionable Daisuke

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 5:28 am

Without further comment here is a link to a treasure chest, and heartfelt thanks to the dear person who provided it!  I love you  I love you  I love you
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks, sonabilis, and thanks to dear fan who uploaded and dear person who shared!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Dai has updated his IG one hour ago!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers  He has been to theater yesterday evening  to watch West Side Story.  I love he decided to post and greet fandom before his departure  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you

West Side Story

EDIT - Tried a Google translation

Broadway musical
West Side Story
Season 2
WEST SIDE STORY season 2
I've been watching at theater.

I think that it is a work that makes me think after all.
In any era, the roots of the fight will not change.
Forgiveness isn't easy, so you can't get rid of it easily. .
After all, it's more about knowing than you don't know, or accepting it without rejecting it.

The past is really important, but I want to stay close to the past and look ahead.
But, after all, you need something that you love.

I want to find a lot of small love.

I can't say it well because [my]  vocabulary is too scarce. Anyway, it was a wonderful time.

I'm glad I came across a wonderful work before I went to America!

The use of the stage  was wonderful, too, and I'd like to do something some day in such a place.

And it is the second stage of Yasuhiro who I met in Hyoen, but the movement is sharp! That was cool! ! I want to be able to move so much! ! ! I met Ken Ono!   [Kensu Ono, actor, the one with Dai in the close-up pic]

I was very worried about being similar [*] but I finally met!
He was so refreshing!

[* Dai refers to the fact that people think they look alike]

And for the first time in May J.
I was so disappointed that I couldn't see May J's show this time, but I'm glad to see you!
He was as nice as ever!

#West Side Story #West Side Story season2 #ihi Stage Around Tokyo

And has been to Chai-san for the new hair-cut   cheers  cheers  cheers  a new hair-cut for a new challenge (with red stripes)

New hair-cut

IMO it's possible he left today or maybe tomorrow. He did not said a specific date but it's February and he has to start practicing with Kana.  

Dai-chan, start your new career with head up and light heart!!!
We love you Dai-chan!!!  For ever at your side!!!

Last edited by PATTINA on Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 10:06 pm

How lovely of Dai to greet his fans once more before he leaves! Hovering in space between past and future, he thinks a lot about things. Thanks Pattina for providing translation!

One more backstage photo

As for his hairstyles, he always reminds me of one of those fish that change their appearance depending on their mood and plans. Lighting up in bright blonde almost two years ago, signalling "I'm about to do something completely crazy and I'm convinced of it"!  Laughing  Laughing  This time, the fish looks rather cautious, but a bit of sparkling must be  Wink
Wishing you all the best Dai! Thoughts and good wishes of your fans accompany you to Florida! I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 am

One more pic of WSS backstage:

Dai & Kensho Ono

Two other WSS cast members posted the same group pic Dai posted in his IG

Koyo Yanai IG

Rino Shinomoto IG

sonabilis wrote:
How lovely of Dai to greet his fans once more before he leaves! Hovering in space between past and future, he thinks a lot about things. Thanks Pattina for providing translation!

Google translation is just a pale thing compared with Dai's words, full of meanings. He has often said he is "poor" in expressing himself with words and he did it also in his post, however I find he can give people a lot to think about.

GO KANADAI!!! GO K7D1!!!
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Dear all,

These days Google Translation is greatly improved and it is no longer all that different from my best effort, but if you are interested to look tiny little bits and pieces of difference here is what I squeezed: Rolling Eyes

Broadway Musical
West Side Story
Season 2

I went to see the show.

This was, as always, a thought-provoking work.
In any age the root problems of a conflict don’t seem to change.
Forgiving is not simple, and it would be too naive to speak only fine words…
But knowing it must be better than not knowing to begin with,
or trying to accept than simply rejecting.

The past is surely very important,
but I want to be free from it, yet to keep it close to my heart.
And I wish to look at the future.
However, to do that, all in all we need some sort of what is called love.
I hope I can find lots of small pieces of love, here and there.

With my poor vocabulary I can’t express it well, but anyway, I had a fantastic time.
I am happy to find such a great production before I leave for the US.

The way they use the Stage Around Theater was great and I hope I can do something myself on a stage like this.

And, it’s the second time to see Koyo (Yanai) from Hyoen 2019 on a stage.
Those sharp movements! So cool!! I wish I could move like that!!!
And I saw Mr. Kensho Ono, no less!
Many have told me that we look like each other and I’ve been curious,
and we met finally!
He got such a pleasant and refreshing personality!

And I met Ms. May J again after a long time.
It is very regrettable I couldn’t see the one she performs in, but I am happy to see her!
She was wonderful as ever!

#WestSideStory #WestSideStorySeason2 #ihiStageAroundTokyo
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 10:59 pm

Dear Twind, thank you very much!! flower flower flower

Yes, Google translate is improving step by step. And yet your translation has made many things clearer that were previously difficult to understand. Thanks again!
Of course I have no idea about Dai-chan's Japanese vocabulary. He thinks it would be "poor", well ... but my impression is he can make it clear what he means in a few words. He even manages to send the listener's, or reader's thoughts on trail of the unsaid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 am

Dear Twind, thank you very much for providing a correct translation!! Really, mine was a Pale Green Ghost compared with yours. Very Happy Very Happy

It is an unusual long text, Dai in the past was more used to express feelings with one words or two combined together. Do you remember when he used only hashtags? It could have been just a night of pleasure and joy, however Dai was inspired and related it to his personal and very actual part of life.

Dai-chan wrote:
I hope I can do something myself on a stage like this..

He will be great, I'm sure, if only he will have the chance.

Press article by Precious.Jp about Dai and his new career. Nothing new, but there are great pics from IE 2020.

Daisuke Takahashi moves to the USA aiming to become an Ice Dancer

English translation by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi FB

If you are curious about the new skating environment Dai will work in the future, you can look at this video Max Trankov interviews Marina Zoueva. Talking about his work with Marina and Russian Pair Tarasova/Morozov, Max Trankow shows us the Florida facility in Estero and its surroundings. There is a wonderful beach nearby and I can already picture in my mind a suntanned Dai-chan swimming and having fun. I love you I love you (and maybe, we will have pictures drunken )

International Skating Academy official website - not only figure skating rinks, but a lot of off-ice training opportunities.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 11:00 am

Sayuri Sugiura has posted some pics with Dai on her IG accounts.

She went to see Ice Explosion 2020

With Kana/Dai, wishing them all the best for their new start

Ice Explosion  11/01/2020

With Dai Kanako and Akiko

This post has 2 pics - she mentions "The Bodyguard" musical. I googled a bit to find the show performed in Japan in September/October but their clothes seem more "Winter" like.  Well, maybe one day we will know when the pics were taken  Very Happy  

Dai Kanako Koyo and Kanako's puppy

Short CM for Friends + with new footage of Dai and Kana practicing
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 2:03 am

New Dai's instastory!!! cheers cheers cheers posted one hour ago

As the long link causes page misalignment, the pic has been saved here

https://funkyimg.com/view/321c9

Brief explanation: few hour ago, IG account @atelier komachi posted a pic from 2016 LOTF with Sex God Dai and Randi Strong with the comment

I want to see such an ice dancer Daisuke Takahashi

Randi reposted the pic in her instastories, with the comment "Ooooooh throwin it back"  and Dai replied to Randi's instastory with his own story, commenting Miss you Randi.   I love you  I love you  I love you

OK Dai, I'm super happy you are social again and glad to know you miss your LOTF friends, but....what about some news from the new place??  Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 3:47 am

Thank you Twind for the translation, so nice to read Dai's words. He is getting very social. I don't ever remember reading such a long post from him.

Pattina thanks for all the Dai updates, especially the Sex God LOTF! flower
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 5:51 am

The news from new place was taken care of by Kana - but only nice palm trees and fountains were to see in her instastory Smile

Against lack of pics: a collection of about 3000 times (!!) Dai-chan, between 2003 and 2020.  I love you  A journey through times with lots of gems.

Don't remember seeing this photo before... from around last September I guess?

When is this clip from?

Phoenix X 5

Hey, gotcha!! A Japanese skater and blogger living in Florida was very lucky and met.... you may guess sunny sunny

Apparently, they're over jet lag and already at work. Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 11:17 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers the first pic of our wonderful man in his new skating place arrived very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like a bit bigger one, more "close-up" so to speak, anyway I cannot complaint because I was already in the "looooooooooooooong time waiting" mood and this pic is a very nice surprise.

sonabilis wrote:
When is this clip from?

Not sure, but IMO it's from 2019 try-outs with Kana: or July or - most probably - August in LA. I remember seeing footage of Dai with white suit before, but at present I cannot be more precise, sorry.

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 11:04 am

Kana has posted a pic of Hertz Arena, the ice rink, from the distance.

Hertz Arena - Estero

Looking at the place with Google Maps, there is a pretty small lake near the rink and an area of fashion shops nearby. I wonder if Dai will soon go shopping there Very Happy Very Happy

To console our souls while waiting... The Phoenix Dai on the cover of FSM Special Issue drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

Daisuke Takahashi - Next Step

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 3:17 pm

Dear Pattina, I see only now your "Sex God Dai" post was your 3000th post in DTFF! Congratulations!  flower  flower  flower

Just 4 weeks ago: IE opening
Dai had a touch of Freddie flair that moment  Laughing

fsLife extra issue: some more gorgeous Phoenix pics  drunken

These days it is three years ago: Dai at AOI in Lausanne The Person I Should Have Been
It was the first time he actually impersonated a character, right? Even before Hyoen 2017...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2020
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next