Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friends On Ice 2013

Go down 
+7
let`s talk
ostile17
miyu
ilica
PATTINA
masy
fosse
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:50 am

The first video is already uploaded! (low quality) Thanks a lot to the uploader!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvXpLwdbW1I

Now TV is airing Eye!!!
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:52 am

Wow!

I just saw it!!!
Barely... but WOW!!!

Waiting for videos on YT! bounce 

Looks like the elements are beautifully incorporated with the music (good that I know this music by heart, it was difficult to hear anything on KeyHole) I can't say more, I didn't see much, but I'm sure that this will be a masterpiece! cheers bounce

O now Dai's Eye... ups commercials, of course, before Dai Laughing !
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:54 am

Thank you miyu!!! cheers cheers cheers sunny flower cheers 
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:06 am

The conversation of you guys last night was so...!! What adorable rascals you are!

Eye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OkNQZGZWE
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:27 am

Thanks again miyu!

Eye... and this costume... that's when I fell in love Embarassed ... He somehow looks younger in that costume now, for me...

What a start ... and end! Very Happy He could have gone along with Shizuka and do Turandot, right?
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:34 am

Miyu, thanks a lot. I saw it. I saw on Keyhole too, but YT is much better.

Even if the quality is not great, it is enough to convey the powerful emotion that Dai is creating.
This performance to me is something larger than figure skating. It dwarfs the idea of even talking about under rotaion or speed of spins etc.

Mamoru said that this is a music of the " battle", the battle against the cruelty towards people with disability. It seems to me that Dai is depicting this battle and struggle of the souls of people fighting against the stigma and discrimination. And the gorgeous last pose with his right hand up towards the light of hope.

This is it. This is the performance that has already transcended the realm of the sports. I feel so satisfied now. No matter how he does in this season, it does not matter to much for me. The color of the medal seems to be too small and cheap to think about .

Talk to you soon, everyone.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:43 am

This one is little better quality.
https://youtu.be/epDUXaEoNr4
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:47 am

Thank you Genki, and what beautiful words!

'It dwarfs the idea of even talking about under rotaion or speed of spins etc'.

Genki wrote:
This is it. This is the performance that has already transcended the realm of the sports. I feel so satisfied now. No matter how he does in this season, it does not matter to much for me. The color of the medal seems to be too small and cheap to think about .
I feel the same! But I want to see this program performed to the full potential...
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:43 am

Thanks guys for the link and comments.

It seemed to be well-balanced program and desperately want to watch at big ice rink.
He looked like shark in fishbowl. The rink was too small..orz.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 am

fosse wrote:
He looked like shark in fishbowl. The rink was too small..orz.
Exactly!

Pattina will wake up soon, so we better link some Dai's hairy armpits for her Laughing  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_OIaIp8vbw
For better quality, she will have to wait. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:16 am

Hi guys, that's a wonderful way to start a day cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Thanks to everybody cheers

Miyu, thanks for links. You are always so precious sunny 

Genki, your words are moving, you express so well the same feelings I have, not only about Sonatina but also about the season in general.

Only dumb, insensitive and indifferent people will not appreciate this masterpiece about inner struggle and hope, that Kenji recapped wonderfully into 2 minuts and something.

fosse, I agree: Dai seemed somehow restraining himself from showing all his energy and power. He had not enough room. OMG, when he will perform Sonatina on competition rinks drunken 

ilica, thank you for you nice present of Dai's armpits Laughing Laughing Laughing 

OK, now I am going to load Sonatina on the Italian forum on Ice Skating which I follow: I want everybody to look at Dai in all his top performance skating and heavenly artistry cheers cheers cheers 

Have you all a nice Dai-Saturday sunny sunny sunny

EDIT: a better quality video for Olympic Medley (with Eye) and short moments of Finale Group (a small small glimpse of armpit in left corner of last shot Laughing Laughing )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBx-LgsXfLc

Another video - only the very first part is new (FOI backstage) while for the most part they used footage from an earlier video that has been already posted. Needless to say I'm eager for kind translation.bounce bounce bounce 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5RzoZ3mSRM

..or may I dream for an English subtitled version???  drunken drunkendrunken
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyai09_6tjg (listen to rascals! hehe)

No armpits, for now. Here Dai's hair for commercial:  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BThh-lgCIAEP0Kc.jpg , here for Sonatina: http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/022/471/80/N000/000/002/137855666694913111437.jpg
drunken
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 am

^Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 am

SP with audio swapped with clear music file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9hAp9XwrOE

Daisuke always makes the program feel so short but Damn! This is the shortest 2 min 50 sec I've ever felt for a short program. If I can see his skating to the full, over 8 min original music of Soanatina, (No need a jump in it tongue ) I would give ANYTHING!!
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 8:28 am

Twind wrote:
If I can see his skating to the full, over 8 min original music of Soanatina, (No need a jump in it tongue ) I would give ANYTHING!!
Me too! Absolutely!

You know, today, I was running home to see Sonatina sooner! Laughing   
I'm hopeless... Rolling Eyes 

Thanks for the new version!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 am

Thank you Twind. The best way to start Monday and return to work.

Ballet dream in black velvet drunken drunken drunken drunken 

Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 Mrpx7810

A nice Dai-day to all flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Twind wrote:
SP with audio swapped with clear music file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9hAp9XwrOE

Daisuke always makes the program feel so short but Damn! This is the shortest 2 min 50 sec I've ever felt for a short program. If I can see his skating to the full, over 8 min original music of Soanatina, (No need a jump in it tongue ) I would give ANYTHING!!
Yes, yes! I want to see him skate to the full version of Sonatina: no jumps, no spins, just pure dancing.
Why do I feel the jumps disrupt the flow of this beautiful program?

As a matter of fact, that's what I would like for the Olympic exhibition: "Pure" Sonatina!
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Beautiful photo Pattina. Has anyone else noticed that the left sleeve on Dai's costume is shorter than the right. I noticed it a couple of days ago while viewing the video and thought it was
just out of focus. Seeing the photo that Pattina posted I can see now that it is noticeably shorter
than the right sleeve. I wonder if this nuance in his costume was intentional ,giving the background of Sonatina. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:28 am

Shyla wrote:
Beautiful photo Pattina. Has anyone else noticed that the left sleeve on Dai's costume is shorter than the right. I noticed it a couple of days ago while viewing the video and thought it was
just out of focus. Seeing the photo that Pattina posted I can see now that it is noticeably shorter
than the right sleeve. I wonder if this nuance in his costume was intentional ,giving the background of Sonatina. What do you all think?    
I remember someone on the forum reporting that the left sleeve was left loose on purpose to create a certain movement.
I think it was let'stalk but I can't be sure now.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:33 am

let`s talk wrote:
In the opening Dai was in VAS costume, the idea was more than 'fun' for that Disco routine. Actually he was funning around all day, dancing near the exit from the backstage, chatting with everyone, etc. In the opening he did 3T and two Russian split jumps in a row. Then he showed up in collaboration with Tamura and Ilya in the' Another Orion' grey shirt. The number was some comedy where Tamura was in pajamas and Ilya with Dai were miming some ballet routine. They all did 3T and 2A. In the "Present" part this time Dai and Honda were acting as Shizuka's helpers. Dai was pretending to be a magician in all that fun.

The second half started with Olympic Medley where Dai skated the last part of Eye, starting from the circular steps, in the original costume. HOT!
Then he showed up to present his new SP Sonatina. Except that both pieces are classical music, I don't see anything in common between MS and new SP. MS was a sophisticated tribute to Royal Opera House where Dai was a ballet dancer on the luxury stage. Sonatina is a pain of an artist who is looking for the right solution for his painting because he doesn't feel satisfied. It's a tribute to Creation and Art. This suffer and tense of an artist goes through all SP and leaves no empty second for Dai. The costume has quite different impression than MS's one. The color black in torso part is very strong, deep black. The left sleeve is not 'fixed', therefore it's up and down every time Dai moves his hands, which he does a lot and beautifully, catching your eyes, and the deep black in torso makes the whole impression even stronger. This SP will hit the abnormal record of views on youtube when it goes public, especially in competitions. Tonight he went for 4T, ended up with 3T and two-footed. On 3A the hand indeed went very low but I think he didn't touch the ice, was just a little close to that though. The 3Z was out of nowhere and went into steps right after. But Dai looked not really satisfied with himself when he finished skating. The prog technically is quite a challenge. Emotionally and artistically- it will go to 'History of FS' books.
In a finale Dai with Kozuka did a jump together and both fell. In that silly finale it looked "right on spot". Lol.

Tomorrow I will go to the evening show. Videos are not allowed, so I could film only ikebanas in the lobby and arena. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWI5PT-yr-Y
I found it, Shyla. Very Happy  Page 4, 3rd post.

I was wondering if the motion of the sleeve going up and down would distract him in anyway... confused 

Thank you PATTINA for the beautiful image! bounce  drunken  Whatever change he may make to the costume, I hope he'll keep this velvet of deepest black. And oh, how I want to volunteer right before his performances, to make sure a few strands of his front hair left loose to hang over his forehead!!! (head-trip going on and on clown  )

ilica wrote:

You know, today, I was running home to see Sonatina sooner! Laughing 
I'm hopeless... Rolling Eyes
You are not alone, ilica. And is’t not just you and me, I'm sure! Razz 

ostile17 wrote:

As a matter of fact, that's what I would like for the Olympic exhibition: "Pure" Sonatina!
We can start a movement! Shall we make a petition? Cool 

Have a great Dai dream!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 am

Thank you Twind for finding the post and to ostile for remembering. You are the best!

So it would seem that let's talk feels that the costume was not completed ("fixed") when Dai wore it in FOI. Dai has a gazillion costumes and I wonder why he would wear one that was not finished. He is such a perfectionist with his skating outfits.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Shyla wrote:
So it would seem that let's talk feels that the costume was not completed ("fixed") when Dai wore it in FOI. Dai has a gazillion costumes and I wonder why he would wear one that was not finished. He is such a perfectionist with his skating outfits.
No, it's not what I meant by 'not "fixed". I meant it was left loose on purpose, that's why I put "fixed" in "..". The sleeve indeed moves non-stop together with Dai's arm, like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epDUXaEoNr4&t=0m21s
Twind, of course I can't know if such a sleeve disturbs him or not, but I actually liked the idea. And yes, deep black was gorgeous. Probably the most beautiful black that Dai ever wore.
Dai in the recent "Men athlete" magazine: http://twitpic.com/dct23r
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:45 pm

It seems the video has been already removed from Youtube. Do you remember the news (日テレ news every) on 8/26 which included the footage of fitting? During the fitting, Dai-chan said that the left arm was tight and the costume should be remade. He said the first priority is mobility. It could be the reason why he left the left sleeve loosened.

Thank you for the pics, let's talk.

SONATINA IS TOO MUCH ADDICTIVE!!
Don't you think so? I watch it repeatedly every 30 minutes.... I'm hopeless pale

Ganbare Dai-chan!!flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends On Ice 2013
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next