Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friends On Ice 2013

Go down 
+7
let`s talk
ostile17
miyu
ilica
PATTINA
masy
fosse
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks miyu for that!!!!!

Haha~ Kenji looked like a proud papa when he talked about this work.
He said that these steps are reqired transcendental SS only few skaters can do.
Can't wait!!!!

Last edited by fosse on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

miyu wrote:
PATTINA wrote:
How amazing and breathtaking it should have been for those who saw it live!! Lucky you all!!
A present for you from Tanith Belbin! Wink  (Thank you, Tanith!)
http://telly.com/14W8V6H
https://twitter.com/TanithJLB/status/371555226836168705/photo/1/large

From Shizuka
https://twitter.com/tiramisu11/status/371616963216150528/photo/1/large
Miyu how was Tanith and Ben's performance? I used to be a big fan of theirs when they were competiting.

Thanks to you for all the Dai information!
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:18 pm

masy wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/beSOUL2#!/photo.php?fbid=376798305781780&set=a.368055326656078.1073741825.355332287928382&type=1&theater
Takahashi-san shouted, "I'll have my hair cut right after going back home from FOI!!!"

masy
Thank you masy!! Laughing Laughing 

If anyone interested all the report,  

FOI brought great excitement again this year!
The Olympic medley was such a project with a style and I was so moved by it. Especially to me, that “eye” went beyond moving, I was broken down to tears.

The photo shooting and interviewing went well too, of course!

Mr. Takahashi did a lot of photo shooting for the book through his very busy schedule on and off the ice stage all through the show. While we were trying to get a cool pose with the new costume, Mr Kenji Miyamoto jumped in and made him laugh, and we got some huge laugh moment from him. Wait and see where you can find it in the book. (It’s not for the cover!)

Mr. Takahashi was shouting out “I’m gonna have my hair cut the moment I’m back home from FOI!!!” He was greasing his hair up like crazy before his performance, but with his wild movements it surely all exploded! He didn’t have time to go to his hair stylist for a long time, he seemed to be having quite a trouble. (LOL)
(N. of the Making Team)

And again thank you for the great reports, let's talk and miyu!!! cheers cheers cheers 
Such detailed and insightful reports. I love you 

miyu wrote:

Anyway, I awed how much he has progressed in only two days and knew how important to skate in front of the audience is.
I'm so happy to find that his SP is developing so greatly like that!

BTW
I heard that Daisuke san's parents were there in the audience this time, probably on Sunday. Can anyone verify?
It's really nice if that was true. Smile 

fosse, the ice condition of the rink was in my serious prayer, thank you for the info.
I, too, felt such a relief that no one didn't fall hard and got injured.

And thanks Genki for the Olympic Medley. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:04 pm

miyu wrote:
A bit better quality. Thanks a lot, dai3lovely!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtZEJEyJMw
Thank you miyu! And dai3lovely!!! I love you I love you I love you 
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh, Miyu, Thanks a million. I guess this is THE ONE that you guys were talking about. " The soul searching for the light" OMG. really the program that goes down the figure skating history, no doubt about that. I do not know how I will go about my day now, because I am still speechless and breathless. How can I concentrate on my work, guys?? I need help cyclops Seriously.

Anyway, here's a small contribution of mine.
The words from Dai that really moved me.

Being asked what was going on around the time of World 2013, in which he miserably lost and placed at 6th. (around 4:25)

"Well, I was so depressed. I was as depressed as I could be.I was really really depressed. Despite of the confidence, despite the feeling that I felt that I could do it, I could not do it. I was very much shocked and also the frustration made it the situation even worse. I believe that the worst thing was the frustration that I felt."

Then he started to analyze himself why he was so frustrated.
" I think I was putting up front. I may have been worried too much over how other people think about me. Then I reached this conclusion. Maybe I do not have to put up front anymore."

In the circumstance that mass media tended to sensationalize the change of generation, Dai found that he was worrying too much.

I was so moved to find that Dai has become very strong mentally. I do not know how many people know about this, but he was used to be called " the man with heart made of glass." Because he was so weak mentally. Now, after going thorough many twits and turns in his skating life ( Long and winding roads:D Very Happy ), he became a man that even the loss of the World can not make a dent in his syche.

Ganbare, Daichan. We are all behind you, always.cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Twind wrote:

Mr. Takahashi was shouting out “I’m gonna have my hair cut the moment I’m back home from FOI!!!”
He must have been reading his fan forum Wink
Quote :
BTW
I heard that Daisuke san's parents were there in the audience this time, probably on Sunday. Can anyone verify?
I can. In the evening show I was in the South and I saw his mom, Nagamitsu and sitting between them a man wearing grey, with grey hair. They were in the East, the corner area on benches, very close to the South arena, that's why I could easily spot them. Last year it was the same, so it's a kind of tradition I guess. His mom was in kimono this time too, very light green one, similar to the color shade of unworked jade. I have no idea who was the man in grey, simply because I have zero idea how Dai's father looks like. Arrow 

Dai's SP cut, no fluff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_V7wSE-dc
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Thank you all for the links, the videos, the news and the reports!

Genki, thank you for the translation of Dai's words: we saw how much he was hurting back then and it's a relief to see he was able to put it all behind him, and grow into a stronger man! No longer the glass-hearted boy.

As the other skaters keep announcing boring, recycled and even self-celebratory music, I feel more and more proud of Dai's brave choice and of his willingness to challenge himself.

Twind, thank you so much for the translation of the Soul2 fb page. I hope you don't mind I used it on the DTRoad to Sochi fb page as I shared their post.

I don't remember if this had been posted. Apologies if it has:
http://nipponnews.photoshelter.com/search?I_DSC=Figure+Skating+Clinic+for+Kids+2013&I_DSC_AND=t&_ACT=search
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 pm

WOW - back from work to find so many info, news, pics and links and above all an amazing, breathtaking and oh so moving Dai-chan in all his artistry. sunny 

Tears are in my eyes and I stopped watching Dai over and over again only to post my great thankfulness to all you girls (too many to mention but all in my heart) for sharing not only info but also the huge love we all have for this strong-minded artist.  Dai-chan donates himself to us. How can we ever return his precious gift???

As Genki wrote: Ganbare, Daisuke, we are always with you along the Long and Winding Road, that leads you to an always brighter future. cheers cheers 

BTW.. a very cool Dai-chan as a super hot model drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 am

Pattina wrote:
Dai-chan donates himself to us. How can we ever return his precious gift???
Exactly!! His practice was such that Nagamitsu sensei eve worried it was too much, before starting the preparation of world already. And as this documentary said Dai put himself into such a severe training that he has never done after the defeat of 4cc. I can not even imagine how hard and trying it had been. And he lost again at World. Ostile and I directly witnessed how heart broken he was at the world.

But, look at him now. He even took advantage of his adversity and became stronger:bounce: bounce 

Some of the lucky members from this board who are going to the Skate America including me, Let's cheer for him as much as we can there!!! We should take the opportunity really seriously and let him know how much he is loved and how precious he is!!!cheers cheers 

Owen-Ganbaroune. ( means, let's work hard to cheer for him.)
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:06 am

Poor Dai he puts so much pressure on himself and he looked and sounded so dejected after Worlds. It broke my heart. He has bounced back and seems to be very happy now.

Thank you Genki for the translation.

I will definitely be Owen-Ganbaroune Rascal for Dai!
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 am

Owen-Ganbaroune indeed, my friends, we'll show him how very precious he is to us at SA!!!

Dai's Rascals ready to show him who's the most precious!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 am

Thank you for the translations, Genki and Twind!

Shyla wrote:
Miyu how was Tanith and Ben's performance? I used to be a big fan of theirs when they were competiting.
Hi Shyla. Tanith & Ben, who were in good shape more than I expected, skated to Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years” prettily and a part of their OD in Torino. Tanith was beautiful and gorgeous just like she used to be. I hope you will have a chance to see them skating again.  Wink 

Genki wrote:
Being asked what was going on around the time of World 2013, in which he miserably lost and placed at 6th. (around 4:25)

"Well, I was so depressed. I was as depressed as I could be.I was really really depressed. Despite of the confidence, despite the feeling that I felt that I could do it, I could not do it. I was very much shocked and also the frustration made it the situation even worse. I believe that the worst thing was the frustration that I felt."

Then he started to analyze himself why he was so frustrated.
" I think I was putting up front. I may have been worried too much over how other people think about me. Then I reached this conclusion. Maybe I do not have to put up front anymore."

In the circumstance that mass media tended to sensationalize the change of generation, Dai found that he was worrying too much.
I’m not sure if this has been reported here before. (If you already know, sorry.) According to a magazine issued in June? July? (I forget..) his shoes broke right before the world championships. Yeah, there was a rumor but it didn't come out from his own mouth before.

(From Figure Skate Days Vol. 16)
Q: After the world championships, Nikolai Morozov said “A shoe problem happened again during the championships” Could you tell me about that?
D: Haha. I tried not to say about it. Well, it happened. I prepared two pairs of shoes and practiced with the better ones. But they broke just right before the world championships and it upset us.

Ganbare Dai-chan!cheers cheers  & Owen-Ganbarimasu!Very Happy

Last edited by miyu on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Thank you miyu for the information about Tanith and Ben. I am looking forward to seeing their performance on youtube. They are very good show skaters but have not performed together in quite awhile.

Yes Dai sure had a constant shoe problem last season. Fingers crossed that it won't happen again.
Unfortunately it is pretty common for skaters to have shoe problems.

Ostile that photo of Dai is just Daiwonderfully Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:26 pm

ostile, thank you...I can hardly breath drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
masy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Thank you everybody. So many to read now Shocked

In the show, each skaters gave us some messages (recorded ones) before the performance.
I don't remember all the sentences, so please add or correct them, but part of Dai's words were;

"I myself say nothing about the program.
I'd like you to feel freely through my performance..."

masy
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Genki, thank you for the translation and your beautiful thoughts. I love you 

let’s talk, thank you for the info! I’m so glad they were, or at least his mom was, there to see such a great show, and with next to Nagamitsu sensei? Honwaka~Razz 

ostile, thank you for the photos!! I love the photos of his teaching the children so much! drunken  Of course, whatever small contribution I could make please feel free to use in any way.
AND yes! Owen Gambarimasho!!!

miyu, oh dear, thank you for sharing. I didn’t know about this particular shoe problem right before the Worlds, though I know he had a hard time with his shoes and blades throughout the season. It’s so tough to hear it even long after. Sad  But we all know that he always show us a beautiful flower after a terrible storm. flower  I just pray that this season he will be spared from problems he really can’t fight like shoes, health or people matters, so that he can simply concentrate on skating and skating alone.

masy, thank you for Dai’s words! Very Happy

Go, Daisuke!
Back to top Go down
masy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:08 am

Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:02 pm

miyu wrote:
I felt very similar to let's talk,  "creative Soul" seeking for light as she said.
There is an interview with him in WFS#60 magazine (taken in Hokkaido training camp http://twitpic.com/da9nic ) that I bought on Sunday morning show (it was sold out in the evening one the day before), where he said that he saw the documentary about the deaf composer and he was impressed by his hard-life story. So he, with Kenji's work, wanted to give his feeling in this new SP and the feeling is Hope. Considering what I wrote here about his SP before I could purchase the magazine, his idea of difficulties and Hope was expressed in SP more than successfully. cheers 

In the interview he said Lori told him the whole audience will feel piece when he skates his new LP. Yes, he thinks too that all the Beatles songs (Lori told him the context. *Dai didn't know it himself. Lol) that he is using there somehow represent the stages of his life.
Regarding working again with Morozov, he said he thinks of himself as "wagamama" guy, i.e. somebody that not all coaches would agree to work with. So, he is grateful to Nikolai. He again mentioned that Russia is the country with the important meaning to him (*whatever it means).
He btw also mentioned his three elder brothers in that context that he as the last child could always had a chance to gain some expereinece from them (*I am terribly curious to see how the look like Wink )
About the retirement, he said he doesn't know it for now. Now he wants to skate. Whether he retires or not, he will decide after Sochi. If he stays, he will have to compete for the next 4 years circle. On the question what he thinks about the skaters who take a break after the Olympic season but then right before the next Olympics, they come back to the competitions. He said that he doesn't like this attitude and added that if he retires after Sochi, so he will.

Last edited by let`s talk on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks let's talk. Interesting interview but I thought that Dai announced his
retirement after Sochi in a previous interview. Of course I would not care
if he changed his mind, in fact I would be thrilled but I can't see him staying
for 4 more years. He will be Plushenko's age at the next Olympic cycle
and Plushenko is still competing. So you never know what could happen.

Thank you masy for sharing Dai's latest hair experience.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you for the interview, let's talk.

I see some lights that he is changing his mind re. retirement. Although I can not imagine that he is skating for 4 more years, but I love to see him at Tokyo world. It would be so thrilling to see Dai's final vow after winning the second Worlds in his own home town.Very Happy bounce cheers  I will be there, if he skates.

This year, I am really getting crazy, becoming serious (okkake) this year. (Okkake means fans who follow their beloved singers, sports stars etc everywhere.)
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Thank you all for info, links and for sharing comments and love for Daisuke.

I remember that in a recent (this Spring maybe) interview he said that with "after Sochi" he did not mean "immediately the day after" - Apologize, I remember his words but not the occasion of the interview.

I was happy of it, because it seemed a chance to see him also at Tokyo Worlds. It would be such a great opportunity for him to get his title again (that was stolen from him in 2012 Evil or Very Mad ) in his home Country.

Genki sure you are a great okkake cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 am

I can't say this comes as a surprise. In recent interviews he seemed to be wavering at the idea of retiring, expressing as if he didn't take it for granted anymore. What's the reason behind it I do not know, it may be just the fear of life suddenly without competition, but sure he hasn't been sounding very adamant about retiring lately.

Genki, I cannot imagine 2014 Tokyo Worlds without Dai, can you?

Yay, okkake all the way!!!  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:01 am

Thanks let`s talk for the translation!

let`s talk wrote:
In the interview he said Lori told him the whole audience will feel piece when he skates his new LP. Yes, he thinks too that all the Beatles songs (Lori told him the context. *Dai didn't know it himself. Lol) that he is using there somehow represent the stages of his life.
I'm very curious about Come Together/ Tango stage of Dai's life. bounce 

As for his retirement - DAI, PLEASE, STAY AS LONG AS YOU WANT!!!

All this talk about retiring with the bang! is just Razz and Rolling Eyes. He will be an adornment of every competition regardless of his placement there. Always. As long as he enjoys skating and competing, it doesn't matter if his technical skills go down a little.
Plus he will be such good influence on the young skaters!       

Thank you Genki for being a great okkake! cheers sunny And sharing your experiences with us! I love you
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:47 am

ilica wrote:

All this talk about retiring with the bang! is just Razz and Rolling Eyes. He will be an adornment of every competition regardless of his placement there. Always. As long as he enjoys skating and competing, it doesn't matter if his technical skills go down a little.
Plus he will be such good influence on the young skaters!     
This is so true ilica. After placing 6th at Worlds Dai was invited to skate at the Gala and the placement of his skate
right before the gold Medal winners, now that is Respect. Dai is muched loved in the skating world for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends On Ice 2013   Friends On Ice 2013 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends On Ice 2013
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next