Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009

Go down 
+2
swandie
Yshion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi, everyone! Smile
Daisuke updated his message today!
http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/index.html

Koushien on the ice

Hello! It was a shiny day, yesterday. On the 14th of June, the second "Koshien on the ice" is going to
be held at Kansai University. Thank you for sending me mails, some with the messages asking "Are you going to skate?".
I have just started jump practice and I have not come to the state like I can show you (a performance) yet,
so I am planning only to greet everybody at "Koushien on the ice" this time. I am really sorry for the fans who sent me mails
expecting (for me to skate), then, I wrote this message because many(several?) fans gave me mails with the same question.

From Daisuke

Personally, I am so much relieved to hear this from him because I had been worried it could be too early for him to skate in public
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:29 am

Thanks, Yshion! In a way, I'm also relieved. It did seem like it was too soon for him to perform.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 am

Yshion, thank you for translating Daisuke's message flower sunny I love you

I, too, am glad that Daisuke won't attempt jumps. He's a perfectionist, kind of guy who does 3As in galas (which I noticed isn't a common practice among men).

I hope Daisuke realizes though that his skating is more than just jumps. People would love his performance the same if he omitted all the jumps and just skated the rest of the program. They really would, IMHO.

IIRC, Michelle Kwan didn't land a single jump in the post-Olys COIs because of an injury. So, stuff like this happens.
-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, and I just noticed at the bottom of the site, it's swandie's birthday today! Happy birthday, swandie cheers Best wishes alien bounce
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 am

Thanks hsuhs, I really need those this year. And you're right, Michelle Kwan didn't jump in her last COI tour. People stood for her at the end anyway because they loved seeing her skate even without the jumps. I'm sure the audience would do the same for Daisuke.

I think, though, that Daisuke doesn't want to perform in front of an audience until every aspect of his skating is back to full strength. He always wants to give us the best even though we'd still love him even if he splattered himself all over the ice.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Thank you very much, Yshion!! Very Happy Very Happy

swandie wrote:
I think, though, that Daisuke doesn't want to perform in front of an audience until every aspect of his skating is back to full strength. He always wants to give us the best even though we'd still love him even if he splattered himself all over the ice.
I totally agree with you, swandie. I think he is a such type of person.

I don't worry much about when and how he will perform in public. He and his team will make the right decision about it. I believe so. They know his condition better than anyone else and so far it seems everything has been carefully-controlled. Very Happy Very Happy

GO DAI-CHAN!! cheers cheers

So, my next interest would be "Will he visit his hair salon before the event?" pirat

Happy birthday, swandie!! Best wishes to you!! flower sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi, DTFF members!
Thank you so much for the information and translation, Yshion!! Very Happy

I also totally agree with swandie and miyu. He is such a nice person. I think that his hard experiences during last year matured him more than before. Cool

Sorry for the delay.
Happy Birthday, swandie!! We are happy you are here!! cheers

Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Thank you Yshion for the translation.

I am really glad he updated his blog and also relieved he will not perform. I was worried he might be pushing himself too hard. I am sure people will be just happy to see him on the ice - I know I would. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Artemis wrote:
I am really glad he updated his blog and also relieved he will not perform. I was worried he might be pushing himself too hard. I am sure people will be just happy to see him on the ice - I know I would. Very Happy
I agree with you, Artemis. That's what we thought. Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke has updated his blog on June 3 2009
Page 1 of 1