Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009

Go down 
+5
Artemis
glorydave
hsuhs
SoMiTripleAxel
miyu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi everyone! Very Happy Dai-chan posted a new entry today. flower

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/2009/05/post_16.html

It's been a while. 5.18.2009.

How have you been?
I hope you are all well. (* He wtote this with Osaka dialect.)

It seemes the flu is going around.
I wear a mask which I am unaccustomed.(laugh)

Changing the subject, I went to see the final stage of "The phantom of the Opera" performed by Shiki Theatre Company on 17th. After all, this musical is fantastic. I felt anew that the scores and stagings, everything of the show was really wonderful.

I saw the stage again after a long time. I cried all through it empathizing emotionally because this musical was special for me.
I love "poing of no return" the most and the scene of Christine and Phantom and also the last scene of the three gave me goose bumps. I couldn't stop cyring.

The last curtain call was long becuase that was the final stage. Definitely it was worth it!! This show is the second longest long-run ever and more than 650,000 people went to see it. I was overwhelmed by the number!!
The power to move people is extraordinary, isn't it? It stimulated me.
I had to be out of the center stage the last season and often I felt down or thought too much. But seeing this mucical I recalled the season when I used this "The phantom of the Opera" and felt motivated now.
I can start jump practice soon.
I soon can come back and then I, who was moved here, want to be a skater who can move people.
Thank you very much, Shiki Theatre Company!!

It became very long and disorganized writing.(laugh)
I love talking but it's difficult for me to translate sentences into characters.(laugh)

Well, on a final note.
I love Phantom very much. I empathize with him so hard. I think it is an aspect which every human being has. I think so whenever I see Phantom.

From Daisuke

-------------------------------------------------------

Quote :
It seemes the flu is going around.
Kansai University is closed till 23th due to a pandemic of swine flu. Now 130 people(including one Kansai Univ. student) are confirmed as swine flu in Japan, especially many in Kansai area.
I'm afraid Dai-chan can't use Kansai Univ's ice rink during the close.

Anyway I'm happy to read his words! Thank you for spending your time to write this, Dai-chan!

Quote :
I soon can come back and then I, who was moved here, want to be a skater who can move people.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! cheers cheers

GO DAI-CHAN!!! cheers cheers

Last edited by miyu on Wed May 20, 2009 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Thank you very very much Miyu! I was so glad to read this! I agree that phantom of the opera is a moving musical. I am also so glad that he became motivated and that he can start jumping practise soon! Very Happy

Gooooo DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureskatingblogfreak.blogspot.com/
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:12 am

miyu, thank you so much for the translation! flower sunny

What a heartfelt entry from Daisuke. Open, honest, sincere I love you
"Point of no return" is indeed a very powerful scene.

Quote :
I love Phantom very much. I empathize with him so hard. I think it is an aspect which every human being has. I think so whenever I see Phantom.
Well, and I think the Phantom gave Christine a lot, inspired her, was there when she needed him. Thanks to him she became a true artist. But his involvement wasn't unconditional. The guy was pretty possessive and egocentric, in my opinion. The good thing is, he realized he was acting like a jerk, in the end. Well, at least, in the musical he did.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:53 am

Thank you so much for translation, miyu! Very Happy
And thank you Daisuke for updating your blog! we couldn't see you this year, but we always love to know how you are! Very Happy

Quote :
It's a great thing he can jump soon! cheers I'm sure I'll cry when I can see his jumps again... Embarassed
"move people"... Daisuke has always moved me by his skating... but it's a nice goal for his coming back!

This is a link to "Point of no return":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBYoarsGLXc&feature=related
I didn't recognize the beginning... but wait till 1:47! I love you
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 11:48 am

You are welcome! Very Happy Very Happy

SoMiTripleAxel wrote:
I am also so glad that he became motivated and that he can start jumping practise soon!
Yes!! cheers

hsuhs wrote:
Well, and I think the Phantom gave Christine a lot, inspired her, was there when she needed him. ............
Thank you for introducing the story, hsuhs. I saw it long ago. I forgot most of the story.... Neutral I have to see the movie (at least) again! tongue

glorydave wrote:
This is a link to "Point of no return":
Thank you for the video, glorydave!

I love the part of "The point of No Return" of his program.
It was the part of 5 consecutive jumps. I especially like his small but passionate movements between jumps, like he stretched out his arms after 3Lo and before the last 3S skating backward. (He didn't do it before 3S at 07 Worlds.... Crying or Very sad )

After reading this blog entry, I think he could skate the part with such great emotion because he loved and felt the music very mcuh.
I wonder how judges would evaluate this kind of jump series if he did it now.. Rolling Eyes 5 consecutive vigorous jumps with great speed and wide coverage of the ice requires a lot from a skater, even though there are fewer transitions... It's a pity (for me) if we couldn't enjoy simply skater's speed and energy due to the lack of transitions. Dai-chan's performace was so thrilling!! I love you

BTW, the words "the point of no return" reminds me the situation of Dai-chan. Out of curiosity I looked up the lyrics of the song on internet. Of course the situation between Phantom and Dai-chan is totally different. (Dai-chan's story must be "happy-end"!! flower ) But there are words which he can feel sympathy for, I think. Like...

Past the point of no return, no backward glances
the games we've played till now are at an end
Past all thought of "if"or"when" no use resisting
abandon thought, and let the dream descend

Past the point of no returun,
the final threshold the bridge is crossed,
so stand and watch it burn
We've passed the point of no return

GO DAI-CHAN!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:31 pm

I can't write much because I have no time, but I just wanted to thank you miyu SO much for translating his blog entry!!!! Arigatou! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Thank YOU so much for the translation, miyu!! Very Happy
I'm SOOOOOO glad his training seems to be fine!
But please don't push yourself, Daisuke, take it easy!!

I've been watching your SP "eye" so many times and we are missing you, Daisuke. And I can't wait to see your big smile on the ice again. I love you

Daisuke Takahashi Japanese Nationals 2006 LP (Best performance!!)
"Phantom of the Opera"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yadtnVnHpEM

dilemma
1A
1A
dilemma

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:47 am

Thank you so much for the translation,miyu Very Happy I think Daisuke's program"Phantom of the opera" is just one of the most moving I've ever seen. From this blog, we can see, he do put much personal emotion to this musical and that is also part of the reason why he cried in 2007 world after FS.I think he was moved by himself. And definitely,Daisuke, we are all moved by you! Sad I love your jumps,steps,spins. your expressiveness of the music.....and above all,your spirit to challenge yourself and never give up. Smile I know you would conquer the world!!! Very Happy
We look forward to your coming-back I love you

Besides, this musical is also my favorite and how I wish I could go to see it with Daisuke Embarassed Razz
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Thank you so much, miyu, for translating Daisuke's new blog entry!! I love you

I'm so happy to know Daisuke had a great time enjoying the musical, and really glad he is well-motivated, will start jump practice soon!
So relieved Daisuke's training schedule seems to be going quite fine Very Happy

Everytime I read his blog entry or hear & read his ineterviews, I always find him an extraordinarily sensitive, impressionable person.
I believe that is a very important and necessary factor for a skater, someone who expresses artistry, and that's why his performance
can involve audiences with his own feeling.

miyu wrote:
I especially like his small but passionate movements between jumps, like he stretched out his arms after 3Lo
Wow Shocked That IS my favorite part of the program too, miyu!
The series of those movements (including some turns which he didn't do at 07 Worlds, right after 3Lo) is nothing so special,
but certainly is a huge impressive accent, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
purring_cheetah
1A
1A
purring_cheetah

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 am

Miyu, thank you so much for your translation of Daisuke's message. His passion as always nearly brings tears to my eyes. We are both Pisces, and I believe that has some part to play in this.

Daisuke, I am overjoyed to learn that you have healed enough to return to the ice and to begin jump practice soon. Go slow and take care as you build your confidence back and beyond where you left off. You are a wonderful person, and a fine athlete. Know we are all always behind you!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi purring_cheetah!! Very Happy Very Happy Welcome to DTFF!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009   Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke has updated his blog on May 18 2009
Page 1 of 1