Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2020

Go down 
+3
Dancergirl
Shyla
PATTINA
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 2:56 am

Translated parts from interview after the competition (tysm dear Twind!)

Quadruple Axel

Daily Online (part 1-3)

Interview video

The accident and first seconds after - 1 - 2

Shyla yes, congrats to Shoma!! I am so happy for him. He seems to have changed... more "himself", more mature personality, something like that. Makes his skating even more captivating.  I love you

It's already Sunday morning in Japan. Still a few hours...
KanaDai, may all healing powers help you and protect you from harm! Wishing you can skate with joy and pleasure delighting the audience! Ganbatte!!

Shyla and PATTINA like this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Aaaagggghhhh, Dai you caused me a heart attack!!! 3 relevant mistakes however Kana/Dai managed to keep the silver medal cheers cheers cheers cheers although the score difference between Kana/Dai and Team KoKo is really impressive

JFS - FD scores

Protocols

This weird season, due to Covid restriction, has been a nightmare: in a normal season Dai would have made these mistakes in the first competitions in September/October and learned how to react. Indeed after the third mistake (the twizzles, Dai please do not fear them) I had the feeling Dai somehow was "lost" on the ice. Kana is so sweet comforting a sad (and angry with himself) Dai-chan

Anyway the program is wonderful, a real ballet on the ice and I'm proud of Dai-chan, in spite of the mistakes.

Sorry, I have to leave now. Have you all a nice SunDay. flower flower

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 2:38 pm

Goooosh ------ my poor nerves. Had to collect myself first.

First of all congratulations to the silver medal, and even more to the tremendous efforts and achievements!
It's so crazy, 12 months ago Dai performed on the same ice as a solo skater!
No one has ever done that before.

But yes ---- I am sad too.  Would have wished them a little more luck.
On top of this "nightmare season" came the shock with Kanas injury.
Yesterday still overcome with a tremendous mental effort, but it seems today simply the limits of strength were reached.

Surely Kana was still in pain, and I wonder anyway how Dai-chan could stand it. He can't really see anyone suffering (except himself).
I love you

Pattina wrote:
Anyway the program is wonderful, a real ballet on the ice and I'm proud of Dai-chan, in spite of the mistakes.

I can only agree
Thank you very much Kana & Dai for two wonderful performances, and we'll see a third one soon, hoorray!  cheers  cheers  I love you  I love you  I love you

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 3:54 pm

FD video

Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi FD J Nats

sonabilis wrote:
It's so crazy, 12 months ago Dai performed on the same ice as a solo skater!

Unbelievable. Dai is unstoppable and always challenging himself. Really an ice breaker for Japanese figure skating.

Shyla and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 9:32 pm

From post performance PC, translated:

Conditions were tough....:

I was honestly worried...:

Marina called Kana....:

boomsports (long, almost full interview?):

Last edited by sonabilis on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 2:43 am

Hello everyone I am just getting a chance to post. Big Congrats to Kana and Dai on winning the Silver medal. That was a tough FD for them because of Kana's injury and it took a lot of courage not to withdraw.

KanaDai were named as substitutes for the World team but they have to get their minimums which may be hard because most of the challenge cup series have been cancelled.

Thanks for the updates!!!

PATTINA and sonabilis like this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 5:15 am

KanaDai will not perform at MOI. Obviously Kana's muscle injury must be the reason. Even if it's a pity, but Kana's health comes first, of course.
Get well soon, Kana! You have done great work flower

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 12:11 pm

sonabilis wrote:
KanaDai will not perform at MOI. Obviously Kana's muscle injury must be the reason. Even if it's a pity, but Kana's health comes first, of course.
Get well soon, Kana! You have done great work flower

Quite agree!!! Kana has to rest and recover 100%. Tv news: at 00:27 the moment of the injury  affraid  It could have ended worse (a bone fracture, for instance).

Mezamashi tv news 28 12 2020

On the podium Congrats and hugs during the Covid time    Very Happy  Very Happy

FD - beautiful hands  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken   for both

Throwback to Dai's first ballet lesson - Just like yukoTETO san, I'd like to know if Kumakawa san has comments about La Bayadere.

Beatiful pics of Kana/Dai during the competition

Shyla wrote:
they have to get their minimums which may be hard because most of the challenge cup series have been cancelled.

Unfortunately there are no Challenge series competitions in this time of the year. The last one is (or rather it should have been) the Golden Spin in Zagreb early in December. However usually there are two or three B competitions in January/February still valid to get the minimum scores required. I don't remember precisely which ones (usually the Challeng Cup in The Nederlands is one) and it's possible that ISU has changed the rules in order to give skaters more chances. Anyway, Covid pandemic forces us to total uncertainty, as competitions may be cancelled at any time.  Sad  Sad  Sad

Let's start the week with these two lovely smiles after the Medal ceremony
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 3:05 pm

Pattina yes, ISU definitely wants to change the conditions, but has not yet decided how. CC in Netherlands has not been canceled so far. But given the situation in Europe, I don't sense any good.
Not even for WC in Sweden.  In any case, it would require complex and costly measures, inclusive a quarantine training camp, strict controls etc. (yeah dear RusFed!)

Pattina wrote:
FD - beautiful hands

.... is pic of the day for me drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 9:35 pm

Today's pic of the day. It's the podium ceremony and Dai is "just" standing there. But this posture and presence!   drunken  drunken

Good news from Kana! cheers (IGStory). She thanks for all the messages and says her leg is fine, she is taking good care of it.  cheers
She wishes a wonderful New Year. Complete translation

On 25 December,  Fuji TV aired the special about Kana&Dai and their journey together so far. Meanwhile it is on Dailymotion in 3 parts.
The statements of Dai and Kana are subtitled (in Japanese), so I dared to try a translation.

Part 1 is ready: Video - - Text

I  don't know yet when I'm able to finish the rest. Hope it helps a bit to enjoy it.

Last edited by sonabilis on Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 10:42 pm

Thank you so much sonabilis for translation. I am at the office right now but will read later when I
get home. flower

sonabilis likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 12:02 pm

Thank you, sonabilis, for your great efforts in translations. Take all the time you need.

Glad for the news about Kana's health I love you I love you and the confirmation she will attend the January skating event with Dai-chan.

2 tv news together S-Park + Going - video of 27 12

Yesterday SkyCourt released a video message from Dai-chan about the new renovation project. The video includes moments from the various remote meetings, with Dai selecting samples and other details. He looks confident and with precise ideas about his "second" job. Very Happy

Daisuke Takahashi message for D-Color

Press release of Tokyo Sport about the new renovation project

English translation thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi FB fan page.

In this tweet by KanaDai News & Translation it's revealed that Kana said to Dai-chan "see you in heaven" before the FD. The tweet provides the link to the original press article.

sonabilis wrote:
CC in Netherlands has not been canceled so far. But given the situation in Europe, I don't sense any good.
- Agree. Starting from 15 December Netherlands has been again under strict lockdown, and the end is scheduled in late January. Then, according to the results, Government will decide if resctrictions can be modified. I think it will be difficult in any case to organize a safe competition.

So, please, stay safe and healthy!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:03 pm

Pattina wrote:
Kana said to Dai-chan "see you in heaven" before the FD.

Well, this "see you in heaven" is a special story.  Smile
Actually, it is an afterworld where Solor meets Nikiya's shadow: the "Kingdom of Shadows". In Western/Christian culture, this is heaven, and in some of the "La Bayadere" productions it was shown that way.
For the Indian plot it makes no sense at all, and likewise in Japanese (Buddha/Shinto) culture, there is no concept of heaven as an afterworld.
That's why Kana said the sentence to Dai in English, and later in press conference she explained the context.  (See boomsports/kanmae.com, or the translation I posted last Sunday)

Thank you Pattina for news and link to SkyCourt video! It really seems a fruitful cooperation between Dai and SkyCourt, on top of the fact that they are a longtime sponsor. Dai's sense of color and proportion is immense, and it's nice to see him having fun with this work.
Mmh but the video: 01:01 min made me gasp and then laugh! These pose plus arm muscles plus Phil-Spector-glasses is just as hot as funny  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Shyla likes this post

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 6:13 pm

KanaDai are on JFS Twitter account with a New Year's message.
Press reports say they are talking about their goals and about aiming to become Japanese champions in 2021.

Update on the "KanaDai Special", the 2nd part is done!

Video  ---  Text

Some parts were really difficult, I can only hope that at least roughly the sense was hit.
May be later I still notice and correct errors. With 1st part it happened that way - I assigned a few dates wrong. (understanding the speaker's text would certainly be a help, but I can't)
So I did some research and found the following:
Corrections (click to expand):

A happy and healthy New Year to you all and of course to Kana&Dai!  I love you I love you I love you
Pattina, would you like to start the 2021 thread later, like you always do? Very Happy

PATTINA likes this post

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 1:13 pm

sonabilis wrote:
Pattina, would you like to start the 2021 thread later, like you always do?

DONE!!! A new year with Dai-chan has started. And in a great way. cheers cheers drunken drunken

Hope you all have enjoyed your last 2020 night - it has been a nightmare year and the new sun (see Dai's pics) is a great hope for the world. Of course things won't change immediately, the world needs time to return to its usual going, anyway we'll keep strong. I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2020   News and Topics 2020 - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2020
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17