Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI

Go down 
+15
hunterbear
MaiKitty
skato
hazelq
miyu
masy
fosse
Twind
PATTINA
panther
ilica
ostile17
let`s talk
Shyla
Leode
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:47 pm

Twind, thanks for translation.

This injury is severe and IMO 5/6 weeks of complete rest are needed only to heal his knee from this stage of acute inflammation. After that.who knows? hard to believe that Dai can take ice or jump soon after. So I don't think he might skate in April shows. No matter, I wait.

Of course Dai cannot be satisfied how this season has ended.  Crying or Very sad 
And I bet he has the strongest will to show the "best performance" as soon as his physical condition allows him to skate....sometime, somewhere, somehow.

Whenever it will be, Daisuke will find us waiting for him and this will fill his heart and soul with joy.

Dancergirl, I did the same as you: after Vancouver I started searching the web for videos of previous programs and staring at the amazing talented young boy gradually increasing in skills, tecnique and artistry till Bronze Medal. And further.

But thanks to the precious job of so many friends here in DTFF who translated interviews and news and reported so much info (at the time I was only lurking), I started to learn a lot about the man behind the skater.

And what at first was deep and strong admiration for a superb talent, in a very short time developed into true love for a great, extraordinary person. With a funny face, hot chocolate eyes and sexy mouth  drunken and the biggest heart on earth.  I love you 

As ostile wrote, there is so much more in Daisuke. That's why we love him so much.

Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:39 am

Back to top Go down
SilviaYm
1A
1A

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-03-02

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:15 am

Dancergirl, you are so right.. Daisuke is such a great person and for a long time, I was very sad, wondering why does it have to be him that suffers so much, when he should be awarded with the most happiness in the world. But I started to believe that maybe it was for the better. I just hope with all my heart that all these problems will be over soon and it will lead to him being truly happy, the way he deserves his whole life to be.

Wow, Pattina... You wrote such perfect and true words. I think you expressed exactly the feelings of every single fan and explained so well the process of "falling in love with Dai".

I wonder if this is the secret of the longevity of fans' love for Dai: the wonderful person behind the skater. We don't only admire him for his (amazing) skills, but we got to know little bits about his true self, and that tied us to him so tight, this bond will never be broken. He will always, always have a special cozy place in our hearts. I really wish he could know this, and be assured by it.

So, as you said, we will wait for him, as long as he needs us to, because everything he ever did was for us.

Ostile, thank you so much for these photos... They are beautiful... His smile while he is skating brings tears into my eyes.

Last edited by SilviaYume on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:54 am

OMG ostile are you trying to give me a heart attack at work with those photos. lol

Look at how DaiWonderful beautiful he is! You made my afternoon brighten up!
Thank you Captain!
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:58 am

Pattina and Ostile:  Beautiful posts.  Along with beautiful photos.

Silvia:  I think you said it well regarding the secret to his longevity.  I think we have all been drawn into the artistry he exudes through his skating but once you dig deeper and are aware of Dai, the person, rather than Dai, the phenomenal skater, how could you not continue to love and support him.

I have always believed that "everything happens for a reason".  Perhaps all of his injuries have made him who he is today.  Throughout all of his struggles he remained determined and through that determination he developed this extraordinary strength so that no matter what was thrown his way he was going to get through it.

I think all of his injuries and struggles have endeared him, even more, to his fans and you never lost your faith in him.  I'd like to believe that he knew this so (in addition to support from his coaches, doctors, therapists, family and friends) the collective admiration was also something to help him on his journey.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:25 am

SilviaYume and Dancergirl, your words are so warm and kind. You have already been caught in Dai's magic web....you will never escape  Smile 

Captain ostile....what a Daiwonderful present!! Thank you so much  I love you 

Shyla...you'd better put job aside and let yourself go into his eyes  Smile 

This night I'll be in heaven with Daiwonderful dreams of beauty.. drunken drunken drunken

Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 am

Pattina:  No truer words have been spoken.  Definitely no escape for me.

Now that he will no longer be at the Worlds I am counting on all of you for updates on him.

I think I mentioned that I was going to send him a card.  I actually managed to find a card that had a visual of a Gold Medal on the front of it.  What are the chances of finding something like that?  Was that fate or what?  I hesitated in buying it because I thought it might cause him disappointment but then I decided to purchase it because he truly won the Gold in all of our eyes.

The card is on its way to Japan so I think I have officially joined your club!
Back to top Go down
SilviaYm
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Pattina, you are so right! I've started to suspect that Dai is a wizard, and that his performances are actually rituals that enchant and hypnotize everyone who watches them  lol!  I'm joking, of course.

Dancergirl, it is amazing how you found that special card exactly when you wanted to send one to him. I think he will be really glad when he receives it. I also wanted to send a letter to him, but it is weird how I want to tell him so many things, but at the same time all the words seem to disappear from my mind. I am a little shy, but I think I will gather some courage, follow your example and send him a letter for his birthday  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:10 pm

SilviaYume wrote:
Pattina, you are so right! I've started to suspect that Dai is a wizard, and that his performances are actually rituals that enchant and hypnotize everyone who watches them  lol!  I'm joking, of course.

Sorry if I go OT, but Silvia you got the point. No joking, it's quite real and to me Dai shows it at the utmost level in the program I love most: In the Garden of Souls.

It's the way of skating, the attitude Daisuke kept throughout the execution...it's the music, the coreography, his costume and even the way Daisuke kept his hair, tight backwards with no locks or strands going everywhere.

Dai is so austere and serious, solemn and impressive. His movements are all part of a ritual. They are expression of magic. And each time I watch, I see a warrior sorcerer, someone who comes from an ancient time and an ancient world, someone who does not belong to our era or to our Earth.

Here his best performance: Japanese Nationals 2011 Not only for the jumps he nailed perfectly, but for the overall atmosphere. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziQ253eUi2I
Back to top Go down
SilviaYm
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm

Yes, this is one of my favourite performances of Dai too  I love you 
And your description of him is completely right... This program has always given me this intense dark vibe, but after I read your words, I rewatched the program and it sent chills down my spine. Our Daisuke is truly phenomenal!
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Sylvia:  I'm happy to hear that you will also send a card.  No need to feel shy because your posts are always straight from the heart and touching so just sit down and write the way you write to us. Perhaps you can watch the video that Pattina supplied, draw inspiration from it, and I guarantee the words will flow!

Pattina:  Thank you so much for providing the video.  I hadn't seen it and your description was so accurate.  Dai was so strong and powerful throughout.  His facial expressions made me think of Kurt Browning's comments that he "always commits to the character".  Have you ever thought of being a theatre critic?  Your review was impeccable!
Back to top Go down
SilviaYm
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Dancergirl wrote:
Sylvia:  I'm happy to hear that you will also send a card.  No need to feel shy because your posts are always straight from the heart and touching so just sit down and write the way you write to us. Perhaps you can watch the video that Pattina supplied, draw inspiration from it, and I guarantee the words will flow!

Thank you, Dancergirl, you are so kind Smile  I will follow your advice and hopefully succeed in writing something nice for Daisuke.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:51 pm

For new fans, here's a good collection of Dai's vidoes, starting 2001:
http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/post/53710160098/daisuke-takahashi-program-masterpost
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Silvia:  There is no doubt in my mind that you will succeed.  I love to read your posts and your thoughts are always well conveyed.  Hopefully our notes will somehow find their way to him, perhaps through divine intervention, and they will bring a momentary smile.  Although, when I think of this I often wonder how he could ever doubt his gift.

Let's Talk:  Thank you for the amazing list.  It is much appreciated and will keep me busy for quite some time!
Back to top Go down
SilviaYm
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 12:34 am

Let's talk, thanks a lot for this list! When I opened the link and saw all those programs, I felt like the Christmas came earlier Very Happy

Dancergirl, thank you for encouraging me, you are so nice. I will try to write and send the card, and I will definitely pray that he will receive our notes.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 7:54 am

Silvia:  You're quite welcome.  The weekend is here so let your words flow as they always do.  I trust it will be in the mail shortly:)

Let's Talk:  I managed to watch a few of the videos today.  It's so cute to see the ones when he first began competing.  He's so sweet.  As Silvia said it definitely felt like Christmas had arrived so thank you for playing "Santa".

Last edited by Dancergirl on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Caution!! Daiwonderful beauty hazard!! Watch at your own risk!!

drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken  drunken 

http://www.gofugyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-18-at-10.35.11-AM.png

drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken 
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 2:05 pm

PATTINA, you should feel guilty that you keep giving us serious health hazard over and over...!!
Truly I'm wondering if I should change my cell phone screen pic seeing this and also pictures ostile uploaded. I need them like flipping screensaver style, but don't know how. (Just one gets me brain damaged by staring at it for more than a few seconds though.)  clown 

Really, through those eyes, you would feel some soul to soul communication in what were captured on those pictures. Something hard to describe.

Thank you to all, such a great feeling of warm support here.
let's talk, great idea to repost that collection of Dai's performances!  cheers 

Silvia, Welcome aboard!!

Great that you and Dancergilr sending nice cards. I'm sure Daisuke will be thrilled getting cards especially from someone new, who appreciated his Olympic performances, without much of prior knowledge or expectations.

The Honwaka moment of the Inverview with Nobu, I know you guys all remember, but with Eng Subtitles.

https://youtu.be/IIXq3x_8ITQ

Have a wonderful Dai-dream over the weekend.  flower
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Twind, before posting that "serious health hazard" I had a heart attack myself  Laughing 

So I wanted to share the risk with all Dai-addict friends  Laughing 

Immediately set as desktop wallpaper in my laptop. Those deep chocolate eyes  drunken 

Thank you so much for video with English sub  cheers cheers Nobu was crying and Dai was so moved....It's a pleasure to watch that Honwaka moment again and again and again.....

Have you all a Dai-wondeful week-end  flower 
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Thank you Twind!!!! It always makes me tear up to watch this...

Also, a few days ago Takahiko posted get well soon wishes to Dai-chan on his official blog:
http://www.t-kozuka.com/blog/2014/03/post-999b.html

Brothers are Forever!!!
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Here's BeSOUL2 latest update translated, sorry if already posted:

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/10152224826743936?stream_ref=10

By Noroton

"Takahashi-san must have debated himself long and hard before deciding to withdraw from the Worlds. It’s painful just to think about his struggle.

It is very regrettable we will not see Takahashi-san’s performance. Nonetheless, he should never push himself too hard if he is thinking about his future. We truly hope he gets his due rest and focus on his treatment.

The official book team will continue to cover stories of Takahashi-san even after the Sochi Olympics.

We appreciate your continuing support. (S, from Sodensha)"

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s0rav5
Back to top Go down
SilviaYm
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Twind, thank you for the warm welcoming and for the video.
And Ostile thank you for the translation. Team Japan is indeed like a family, and the fact that they all care about Daiuke so much warms my heart.

Pattina, thank you so much for that photo! He looks so stunning, and the determined look in his superb eyes gives me shivers.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks everyone for the latest photos, videos, updates and translations!

The video translation is so moving and sweet.  The words to Dai are so touching and heartfelt and the interaction between all of them is so wonderful to see.  

I hope that when Nobu started crying that Dai knows that is how many of us felt about his performance.  As a new fan I had no idea he was injured at the time yet was so deeply moved by his skating.  Even now if I replay it I forget about the injury because the skating was perfection to me.

I hope on this latest journey of Dai's he can see that after all his years of skating his magic is still here and he has gained new fans and, as always, his original fans will continue to love and support him.
Back to top Go down
jesse.h
1A
1A

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:46 am

let's talk, thank you for the list, it looks complete!  and is very handful (especially when you return home from some opera concert and understand that you just need to rewatch Pagliacci video from Japanese Nationals. did it just now and do I need to say it was once again fantastic?  drunken  jocolor  drunken got up on my feet with the stadium and started clapping).  

ostile, thank you for the Taka news!
Twind, thank you for bringing the Nobu moment I love you  translation. hope they already met, had a good meal and Nobutaro cheered Dai-chan a little.
also hope to see them all together cheering for TJ ladies in Saitama - they always do it with so much  involvement, so heartwarming every time.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Daisuke's Sochi Perfoemances with Canadian commentary on CBC.
I finally could see those. Thank you, ladies for your earlier alerts. And Thank you Kurt and Tracy (EDIT No, for SP Kurt and Brenda Irving and someone I don't know..) for your warm appreciation and for speaking for all the fans.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23045310

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23044897

Sad  I love you  Sad  I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next