Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI

Go down 
+15
hunterbear
MaiKitty
skato
hazelq
miyu
masy
fosse
Twind
PATTINA
panther
ilica
ostile17
let`s talk
Shyla
Leode
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI Empty
PostSubject: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:22 am

Hi, DTFF members,

Thank you so much for sharing your thought and information.
I created the category for topics of 2014 Olympic Winter Games Sochi.
Please post your message and information about Olympic Games as bellow link, thank you.

Daisuke Takahashi in 2014 Olympic Winter Games - Sochi
https://daisuke-takahashi.forumotion.com/c7-daisuke-takahashi-in-2014-olympic-winter-games-sochi

Have Happy holidays and new year!!

Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Thank you Leode for all you do. The new layout looks wonderful!

Happy New Year to you!
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Hey! Honwaka layout!

Thanks, Leode.
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Thank you so much, Leode!

Happy New Year to you too! Smile
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Thank you Leode!

Happy New Year!  flower
Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Good idea! Thank you so much, Leode!flower 

Happy New Year! Let all the bad things remain in the old year. And the new year will bring all the best. sunny 
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3549
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Wow - New layout is great  cheers 

Leode, thank you very much for all your efforts.

Happy New Year to you and to all DTFF friends  I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:35 am

Thank you very much leode!!

Happy new year to you and everyone!!

Let us all hope Dai will have a wonderful year!!!  king 

Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Happy New Year to Daisuke and all his fans!  cheers 
http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20131231/14/masato417/c8/00/j/o0480064012798757665.jpg

From his hairstylist blog whom Dai attended on Dec 31st  drunken 
http://ameblo.jp/masato417/entry-11735509181.html
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Thank you let's talk!! Dai getting ready for New Year's Party!! So cute drunken drunken 

Once again Happy New Year to all DTFF friends....and to Dai-chan, too  cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Marien Beth was actually closed today, but Chai-san opened the salon especially for Dai-chan!!!  I love you  I love you  I love you 

Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 3:35 pm

http://www.nnn.co.jp/dainichi/rensai/skate/140101/20140101069.html

As usual it has poured lots of articles and programs about Daisuke since JN but I post here only one about Utako sensei.
I guess that it would be same to his long time fans and thank you again to rascals for cheering and supporting to him at JN.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:36 pm

fosse wrote:
http://www.nnn.co.jp/dainichi/rensai/skate/140101/20140101069.html

As usual it has poured lots of articles and programs about Daisuke since JN but I post here only one about Utako sensei.
I guess that it would be same to his long time fans and thank you again to rascals for cheering and supporting to him at JN.

Thank you, fosse!!  cheers 

The translation I tried of this article (sorry for mistakes):

Newspaper - Osaka Nichi Nichi Shimbun

The “Road” She Walked Through With Daisuke Takahashi
~ Figure Skating Coach Utako Nagamitsu~

Jan 1, 2014

Dec 21 through 23, at the Saitama Super Arena the All Japan Figure Skating Championships were held that was also the final trial for the Olympic team qualification. For the men's sigles, Yuzuru Hanyu, Tatsuki Machida and Daisuke Takahashi were chosen for the team. We interviewed Ms Utako Nagamitsu, who has been coaching Takahashi for many years and asked her about the "Road (michi)" they have walked through.

(Interviewed by: Junko Kuro'o  Photographed by: Masami Morita)

"I love Daisuke's skating. I want to keep watching it forever"

Made it into the Sochi Olympic Team

-- Now that Daisuke Takahashi has been selected to be a member of the Olympic team, how do you feel?

It turned out to be that his career wasn’t over with the Nationals Free skating but he can move on to the Olympics, so I am very relieved.

-- Were you anxious about his condition not being 100%?

Due to the right tibial bone bruise he took about five days of complete rest and when he started practice again we found that he couldn't land even the simplest jumps and he had the anxiety that he couldn't compete like that. But he would be shut out from the Olympic team if he doesn't compete in the Nationals. We all knew that well so we asked for help from many people, such as Mr Watanabe (Norio, his Physical trainer), his Doctor and people in the Clinic and managed to make it to participate in the Nationals. If I could be a bit greedier, I wish we had one more week to prepare.

-- What was it like when he went to the Torino, his first Olympics?

The seat was only for one and he competed against Mr Oda. I think having a rival could keep his motivation high.

-- What about the second time, in Vancouver?

It was the Olympic season right after his coming back from the injury, (a torn right anterior cruciate ligament and a medial meniscus injury) in 2008 and all he thought was to wish for making it to the Olympics and I believe that that strong feeling brought him the bronze medal. At that point we talked that we would continue till the Worlds in Tokyo planned next year after the Vancouver.

-- But that World Championships had to be postponed due to the Great East Japan Earthquake and was held in Moscow.

In Moscow he had the accident (during his Free skating he had the screw come off his skate) and finished in 5th place. After that he announced "I may not be able to finish my skating career in style, but I'd like to take the challenge to go to Sochi", and he said it without mentioning anything to me and I was very surprised. But I felt that if he said he would do it, then we would try hard together again.

-- If, then, he had a good result in Moscow?

If he reached to the podium, he could have quit after. I love Daisuke's skating and I have this strong desire to keep watching it forever. So I also can say that it was great time to me for the last three years.

-- After this Olympics and the Worlds then?

Since a little while ago he started to hint that “I may continue for the next season” and I felt concerned that it might have something to do with reason why his motivation not raised enough to push himself the hardest way. So when we had a meeting after coming back from Skate America, I dared to say, “isn’t it necessary not to secure a way out and burn your bridges to do this?” But I felt terrible after I said that. My own wish to keep seeing his skating is so strong so I had a hard time to say that. I may be the one who wasn’t determined enough.

“This Boy Will Surely Be the Top of the World”

In Tandem Walk with Daisuke

-- Please tell us about the path you and Daisuke walked through together?

These fourteen years passed by like a flash. I felt it so short. Both of us have a nature that quickly forgets about bad things and hard times and that’s probably why we could do it together for so long.

-- What was your first impression of Daisuke?

It was in an ice rink in Sendai. I was on the ice and he was at the rink side standing looking this way into the rink. When I looked to his way the light from the entrance behind streamed in, and he was in that light. I still can see the image of it clearly. I never thought this brought us to the journey together for this long. (LOL)

-- Did you think that he would grow into an athlete to be in the Olympics for three times?

I just happened to be asked to make his program (Warsaw Concert) and I was surprised. With the way he interpreted the music and the expression of it my instinct told me that he’s going to be the top skater of the world. On the other hand, seeing closely how his kind nature is like, I got worried; “can a boy with this gentle soul make it to the world’s top?”

-- So, shortly after that encounter of destiny you and Daisuke started the walk in tandem?

Daisuke’s self-esteem is just so low and never really recognizes his own talents, so I thought that people should recognize his talents. I told myself that I would support him from the back until then. That has kind of continued till today.

Thankful that he met me

-- After going through a lot, you two still moved ahead. What was the driving power of it?

Probably because he hates defeat. And the power of cheering and supports from his fans has been huge. Especially this competition I was moved with that once again. I think he is even happier than me about that.

-- I saw him looking up across the audiences repeatedly while skating around right before his performance.

I believe he let it boost his spirit by skating around the area where he could hear the cheers. I was really thankful for the cheers. He had a warm reception when the names of the Olympic team were announced too. I was very relieved.

-- What kind of performances of his do you wish to see at the Olympics and the World?

First of all he should do his base elements to be perfectly done. And if his feelings are conveyed well to the people through the performance of his Free program which he put his thankful feelings to the people around and to the audiences, I will be happy.

-- It’s the program full of thankfulness and gentle feelings, isn’t it?

Especially the last choreographic sequence that no one but he can skate. It’s with less foot switches and has powerful impact. Lori, the choreographer had a clear insight into him and gave him a great program.

-- What is the skater Daisuke Takahashi to you?

Figure skating is a great sport not just for ladies but for men as well. (Minoru) Sano sensei and Takeshi (Honda) sensei boosted up the reputation of Japanese men’s single skaters with their techniques and jumps. Daisuke followed them showing his sense of movements and expressions to the world. That is passed onto the reputation of the next generation skaters so I think he has built a good bridge. Nevertheless, I am amazed at how he has been running through to come this far. There was a period he had to be off the ice but he really has done it so hard throughout. I’m so thankful that he met me who had the belief that “Men should be the one to dance”, and grew into the skater far greater than I could imagine.

-- “The Long and Winding Road” of Mr Takahashi and you. What’s the goal of it?

It’s true that I wish him to stand the highest place, but if he can do his very best putting it all out, then I will be totally satisfied.

I second fosse to thank all the rascals who cheered in the arena at JN for him!!!  I love you 

Utako sensei daiski!!  queen 

Go Daisuke, to make this outstanding lady shed tears of happiness!  sunny
(Probably harder than getting a gold medal?)
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Twind, thank you so much for translation  cheers cheers 

All of my love and thankfulness to Utako sensei, for ever!!
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Thank you, Twind. It brought tears to my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Thanks ostile for the video clips of Dai. He looks and sounds wonderful!

Wonderful interview with Utako so honest with her answers to the questions. She has been a  powerful coach to Dai and
also I think she loves him like a son.

Nice to hear her acknowledge the Rascals and Fans at JN and how their cheering and support
were helpful not only to Dai but to Utako as well.  Thank you Rascals!  cheers 

Twind great translation thank you. Fosse thank you for posting the article.

afro Kin Medal!
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Thank you so much Twind for translation!  

When Utako sensei saw him for the first time, he was in the light coming from the entrance - how poetic is that?  
As his career hasn't been legendary enough already.

Twind wrote:

Utako sensei daiski!!  queen 

Go Daisuke, to make this outstanding lady shed tears of happiness!  sunny
(Probably harder than getting a gold medal?)

Very Happy

"I love Daisuke's skating and I have this strong desire to keep watching it forever."
Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you for the translation, Twind. flower 
Love so much Utako sensei. She is a great coach and a lovely person. I love you 

Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Weekly Asahi published an interview with Daisuke http://twitpic.com/dreffs http://twitpic.com/drefxo

He said in Sochi he will skate for people to show his gratitude to them. Then he again expressed his mixed feeling regarding the way he was chosen for Sochi. He said that even if Kozuka is younger than him, Taka doesn't have any guarantees to go to the next Olympics. So, Dai s feeling like he is taking a chance from younger skaters. Therefore he feels more responsibility to skate greatly for the Gold medal in Sochi. He said he didn't have any motivation in the first part of this season partly because he didn't win anything last season (*except GPF, damn the Sapporo mess).
Team Japan seriously changed since Vancouver, they thing that he couldn't forsee at that time. Nowdays the competiton is really tough and having the skater like Hanyu puts the demands on a very high level. He said while he is the oldest and the only Olympic-experienced person in the Team, he doesn't feel like the one, and when he goes to get some juice, he asks his teammate "how about you?" (*here's probably the reference to high school sport clubs' rules where seniors normally don't provide friendly service to juniors). He said all three members of Olympic team are very different people: Tatsuki is a very unique and funny person and Hanyu has young power. So Dai compared the team with the zoo. Lol (*the comparions with the 'zoo' doesn't have the negative connotation like it often happens in Western languages. It has the meaning of variety of exhibits, i.e. characters and perosnalities in this case).
He also said that he wasn't good at jumps for some time which caused him to lose his confidence and to be under stressed before the competition. Now he is making efforts to get rid of that feeling. He mentioned that he feels pain in his leg and knee and needs rest, then he feels better, from time to time. He doesn't have any certain plans after the retirement but he said his life then won't be separated from skating. He has been skating for all his life, a lot of people supported him always, so he feels a must to give them something in return, now and after the retirement as well.
 peace1
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:15 pm

let's talk, thank you so much  cheers cheers 

Quote :
He mentioned that he feels pain in his leg and knee and needs rest, then he feels better, from time to time.

I pray Dai can relieve from pain enough to get to Sochi in good shape and with mental stability, to perform at his best.

Dai feels a must to give people something in return: I feel the same but the contrary way: he has always given me great emotional artistry and I feel a must to thank him for ever with my support. I am so proud to be one of his fans.

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Let's talk thank you very much. It is so obvious from his words that he feels bad for
his friend Taka. I hope that Morozov can help Dai with his mind set and confidence both
which he will need to get that Gold Medal. Our Dai has been through so much during his career.
I just wish the best for him as he deserves it.

Kin Medal Daisuke!

Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 am

Let's talk thank you so much. It is impossible to think about such things now. I also hope that Morozov will help him to overcome the psychological barrier.

Go, Dai-chan! sunny 

Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 am

Thank you for the translation, let'stalk.
I posted it on DTRtS, if it's ok with you.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Today, his sponsor P&G gave a send-off party for Daisuke at Kobe pref. in Japan.
Daisuke said "I'd like to show you my best performance in my skating life and get a gold medal at Olympic Games."

With Video News
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/kansai-news/20140108/4269991.html
http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00260886.html

Articles and Pics
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/olympic/2014/skate/20140108-OYT1T00761.htm
http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/775447
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/west/west_sports/news/140108/wsp14010816140004-n1.htm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI   News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next