Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 pm

I saw this article and thought it was very interesting. It does not give many details on how long
the team would be training in Armenia. I wonder how the skaters will feel about this if it does become a reality.

http://sport.news.am/eng/news/19938/japanese-figure-skating-team-to-train-in-armenia-for-2014-winter-olympics.html
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:10 am

Hi Shyla.
To be honest, i think that's annual show from JSF. Rolling Eyes
Last 3years, they have announced same plan but never be real.
I remember last year they announced to train in Sochi. Wink

Anyway, i checked Juniorworlds 2013.
US Jr.men are very strong.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 am

Fosse you are probably right. It seems like it would be a huge upheaval to send the whole team plus all the various coaches to train in Armenia.

I watched some of the videos of the Jr. Men. There is lot of young talent. Could be
a US sweep of the podium. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Quote :
It seems like it would be a huge upheaval to send the whole team plus all the various coaches to train in Armenia.

Unrealistic.

Quote :
Could be a US sweep of the podium
It's possible.
Han yan and Maxim don't compete here so it's possible.

and I watched Julia lipnitskaia's SP, I feel she lost her momentum after injury.
Frankly I amnot sure that she can win a medal.
*************************************************************************************************************
From this weekend, two special programs about Daisuke are to be aired in Japan.
One is The spirit of athlete on NHK, the other is Friends talk with Shizuka.

I wish all his fans can watch those videos as quick as possible.
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:32 am

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:37 am

We need a translation. I tried to google one but it would not work for me.
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:47 am

There you go:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?88228-Japan-representative-for-Sochi-Olympics-will-have-a-personal-practice-base-in-Armenia&p=3930547&viewfull=1#post3930547

Quote :
This is an article in "Sports Nippon" in Japan.
Translating to English from Japanese.

Japan representative for Sochi Olympics will have a personal practice base in Armenia
May 29th, 2013

On May 29th, it found that Japan Skating Federation (JSF) chose metropolitan Yerevan in Armenia as the personal practice base where the Japanese National Team make players practise before and during the period of the event of the Sochi Olympics.

According to the person concerned of JSF, there is a plan which they have a training camp for the certified athletes, such as Mao Asada (Chukyo University), Daisuke Takahashi (Kansai University), at the beginning of September, too, and they will confirm the intention of the said players.

They considered Russia of the host country of Olympics and Turkey of the vicinity of Sochi, too, as the candidate site, but the following reason seems to have become a decisive factor.

(1) There is no time difference between Sochi, and the climate is similar to Sochi.
(2) There is a convenient as an hour and a half by airplane.
(3) The condition of ice is close to the quality of the venue of the Olympics.

It became a pending problem to secure the place for the training camp, because there is the 9days to the Ladies short program from the end of the team event which is adopted for the first time.

In Turin Olympics in 2006, the Japan Olympic Committee ( JOC ) prepared a forward base at Courmayeur in Italy which is near the French border. In Vancouver Olympic in 2010, JSF secured a rink at the city suburbs.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks ostile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014   Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

Japan's Olympic Team to train in Armenia for Sochi 2014
Page 1 of 1