Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japan Open 2011

Go down 
+10
miki
Lil
Dencar
Leode
panther
miyu
TwisterSister
hsuhs
Gudrun
Genki
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:13 am

Hi: Thanks, twiestersister.

I loved your comment too.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:37 am

TwisterSister wrote:
I really feel his EX program is about so many different "Crises": his personal struggles last year with not skating his best, not feeling motivated to train, struggling with the decision on whether to retire or not, the skate/boot incident at Worlds and losing his World title and of course, the horrible natural disasters in Japan in May.

I had a similar feeling. Like he was telling us something about himself, something personal.

That's how I felt about his Luv Letter too.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:28 am

TwisterSister wrote:
I really feel his EX program is about so many different "Crises": his personal struggles last year with not skating his best, not feeling motivated to train, struggling with the decision on whether to retire or not, the skate/boot incident at Worlds and losing his World title and of course, the horrible natural disasters in Japan in May.
And a smile comes out at the end. I really like the ending of this program. Lovely. I love you

Genki wrote:
We need a new category on PCS. What about "GBI"Goose Bump Index.
Yesterday I bought a figure skating magazine and found a very interesting story which probably gives you peace of mind a little. ISU is considering a kind of "GBI". I mean they're trying to evaluate skater's musicality and artistry more. Dai-can's mambo SP made them think that way. I will introduce more detail of it when I have a time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Yep, I agree with you guys.
His programs say so many things. For example, La Strada is more than life itself.

And yes to GBI, Genki!

miyu, I`m so happy that these judges at least understand it.
And about this sudden smile at the end of Ex I love you flower
Thank you for you warm heart, Daisuke!

TwisterSister Cool to your reaction to FS. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm

I'm wondering if you guys watched other videos of the competition, and how did you like other performances?

I've seen a video of Yuzuru Hanyu's last year's sp performed at Japan Open, but it seems very short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM3AHvjLyRM

was his real performance at Japan Open just as short and did he indeed land just one jump? Or is there simply a part of the video missing?
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 am

Quote :
I mean they're trying to evaluate skater's musicality and artistry more. Dai-can's mambo SP made them think that way. I will introduce more detail of it when I have a time. Wink

Such a great news, Miyu. Thank you for sharing it with us.
At least, it is a right direction.

I am still curious to know that why Dai's artistic ability has not been reflected enough in Interpretation, Presentation,choreograph so far.

Yeas, his PSC has been very high close to Chan, sometimes, but If Chan get that high PCS, occasionally surpassing Dai in the crucial areas such as Interpretation, Presentation,choreograph, it is still possible that HE, CHAN can exceed Dai in this artistic area too. affraid affraid

Oh, no, I am getting too pessimistic. Sad

Let's see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Quote :
Yesterday I bought a figure skating magazine and found a very interesting story which probably gives you peace of mind a little. ISU is considering a kind of "GBI". I mean they're trying to evaluate skater's musicality and artistry more. Dai-can's mambo SP made them think that way. I will introduce more detail of it when I have a time.
I posted the translation of it in Post World News thread. Very Happy
https://daisuke-takahashi.forumotion.com/t831p180-post-worlds-news-2011#9786

hsuhs wrote:
was his real performance at Japan Open just as short and did he indeed land just one jump? Or is there simply a part of the video missing?
I'm not sure so I need to check my video. But I think TV shortened his performance and aired and Shizuka's performance was aired in the same way. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:52 pm

miyu wrote:
I'm not sure so I need to check my video. But I think TV shortened his performance and aired and Shizuka's performance was aired in the same way. Very Happy

Oh I see. Thank you, miyu. That explains why the youtube video is so short.

Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi there

Now I've watched Daisuke's new programme many times and I'm really fond of it :-) The music is soo good!! It's difficult to stop watching for a second :-))

First I thought "Hm, that's really something different" and I felt Daisuke's worry that it will not be received as well as other programmes. But it is a programme which really suits Daisuke :-) The way he skates sometimes reminds me of the movements of a cat - cat-like. It is so smooth, so soft - incredible! It seems to be fairly difficult at times but really nice step combinations, movements ... the jumps *sighs* - he can still do better, of course, and I'm sure he will. But I could hardly watch the jumps, no matter how many times I watched the programme ... I think it's so difficult to be totally with the music and have to perform the jumps as well ...

He looks so great just in black, really "sexy" :-))) And I love his new hair cut, it makes him look so "innocent" :-))) - Although I have the feeling that Daisuke has climbed another step on a ladder, he has grown up somehow ...

All in all, I'm happy that Daisuke does what he thinks is good for him, no matter what others might think of his programme. He has to feel good with it! And I'm sure, the longer he skates this programme, the better everything will become ...

Unfortunately, I cannot watch the video "crisis" due to some legal restrictions in Germany. Does anyone know how I could be able to watch it?

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Gudrun wrote:
Unfortunately, I cannot watch the video "crisis" due to some legal restrictions in Germany. Does anyone know how I could be able to watch it?

youtube sometimes does that kind of nonsense with some videos. I think, if I can see it, you should be able to see it, too (we live not that far from each other).

Try to watch it through the uploader's 'channel':
https://www.youtube.com/user/angie61316

or, try this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-QCg6k62k

The video is the same, just artistically 'enhanced'.

Would like to hear your opinion reg Daisuke's new ex.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:19 pm

You are very sweet hsuhs! Thank you very much! :-))))

Unfortunately, both videos don't work. This is what is says:

"Daisuke Takahashi EX 2011-2012"
Leider ist dieses Video, das Musik von SME enthält, in Deutschland nicht verfügbar. Die GEMA hat die Verlagsrechte hieran nicht eingeräumt.

It says something about publishing rights which GEMA didn't grant. It is such a shame that I cannot see it :-(((

But thanks again for trying! Perhaps it will appear on one of Daisuke's dvds one day *sighs

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Gudrun, you can try one more thing.
Go here: http://www.unblockyoutube.us/

Paste the ex link into the window:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNSdSA22l8

Then choose Youtube from the drop down menu on the left, click Go (click away eventual pop-up ads).

Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:16 am

Hello hsuhs

You made my evening Very Happy

Thank you so much for trying to help me solve this problem! I cannot stop smiling after having seen this programme Smile

This was really something special and precious! So many emotions in this programme. Some gestures look so "delicate" in the sense of looking fragile / sophisticated. Daisuke is so gentle here, he's gliding over the ice - I'm so impressed that he can skate the way he does! It all looked so effortless - incredible! Once again I have to say that something is different about the way he skates now - just gorgeous!

Today Daisuke reminded me of John Curry, the British skater. He was into dancing and since he wasn't allowed to take dance lessons (his father wouldn't allow it), he started going to the ice rink. And what a marvellous skater he was ...

I'm sure Daisuke is happy with what he's doing Smile And, of course, this makes us happy too :-)))

Thank you once again hsuhs!!

Cheers
Gudrun.

Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:28 am

Gudrun, I'm glad you could finally watch the ex bounce

Quote :
Some gestures look so "delicate" in the sense of looking fragile / sophisticated. Daisuke is so gentle here, he's gliding over the ice - I'm so impressed that he can skate the way he does!

I, too, noticed the fragile / sophisticated thing going on in that number, just couldn't find the right words.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 pm

It's official.

Dai tweeted this morning,今年の、EXが、誰の振り付けなのかという質問だ、多々ありまして!とゆう事で、今年のEXの振り付けわ我らが日本の振付師、宮本賢二先生です♪( ´θ`)ノほんとは昨シーズンの振り付けだったのですがお披露目する機会がなく、リメイクしましたぁ!

Says, "I got so many questions re who choreographed this year's EX. It was our Japanese choreographer, Kenji Miyamoto It was originally choreographed for the last year, but it was remade for this year , since there was no opportunity to show it last year.

I am always in awe of Kenj's talent. I still believe that " Bacherolett."is one of the choreographical masterpieces as well as eye and love letter.

I would like to see Kenji as a FS choreographer for a change next year.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks for the news, Genki.

Um...
Frankly I am a little bit surprised....
maybe I have been underestimated Miyamoto san.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Thank you, Genki cheers

And thank you Kenji for creating yet another beautiful and unique program sunny
The guy's got an excellent taste, I must say.

Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:11 am

Kenji, in my opinion is one of the choreographical geniuses.

Shizuka once said that Kenji's programs never look alike.
I guess it is a true sign of the talent as a choreographer.

Look at this program that I really love.
You will know what I mean:

https://youtu.be/jigynilIPDY
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Genki

I love Shizuka`s this program.

"I am always in awe of Kenj's talent. I still believe that " Bacherolett."is one of the choreographical masterpieces as well as eye and love letter.

I would like to see Kenji as a FS choreographer for a change next year."

Is this your opinion or Dai`s?
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Lil:

That's mine. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:56 am

Just watched the new programs.
I don't like his new FS.... Sad I really really dislike Blues for Klook as music... Not even Daisuke can save it for me. I hope I'll be able to change my mind by the end of the season.
His SP on the other hand is great. The music is very intriguing. That program should have been at least twice as long. Wink
And his EX is breathtaking. Absolutely beautiful. It'll be a pleasure to see this performance again and again.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 am

alekzu wrote:
I don't like his new FS.... Sad I really really dislike Blues for Klook as music... Not even Daisuke can save it for me. I hope I'll be able to change my mind by the end of the season.

But have you tried to watch it mute? Wink
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:58 pm

That might actually be a good idea. I'll try that. It really isn't the same without music though. Smile
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:22 pm

alekzu wrote:
It really isn't the same without music though. Smile

True.

I wasn't exactly a huge fan of Daisuke's last season free skate music cuts. I liked the mute version better even though I missed the 'right' music playing along.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:18 am

Hi there

What an interesting idea to watch Daisuke skate without hearing the music :-) I will try that tonight :-))

Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2011
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3