Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japan Open 2011

Go down 
+10
miki
Lil
Dencar
Leode
panther
miyu
TwisterSister
hsuhs
Gudrun
Genki
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Oops, I forgot telling this.

Dai-chan's new EX is "The Crisis" from http://twitter.com/#!/sn_figure

The Crisis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMDtYeKYhLQ
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Miyu, do you happen to know who choreographed Dai's EX?
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:44 pm

miyu wrote:

The Crisis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMDtYeKYhLQ
I find the music beautiful.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Euphoria wrote:
Sorry, I don't know. I have a hunch it's by Kenji, though. But I also read a rumor somewhere Kurt choreographed Dai-chan's EX. Do you know about it?
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:26 pm

miyu wrote:
Euphoria wrote:
Sorry, I don't know. I have a hunch it's by Kenji, though. But I also read a rumor somewhere Kurt choreographed Dai-chan's EX. Do you know about it?
Nope. Not a word, unfortunately ((
Kurt, as in, Kurt Browning? Hn... That was unexpected for me to say the least ))
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi Euphoria, I found it. It was IFS's facebook. Wink

June 25
International Figure Skating
Brian Joubert and Daisuke Takahashi will both be spending time in Toronto this summer working with David Wilson on new programs. Wilson recently choreographed Takahiko Kozuka's new short program.

someone's comment
Any news on the choreographer of the other program of Takahashi

International Figure Skating I heard Kurt Browning but do not know for sure.

Kurt Browning choreographed a program "Smile" for Shizuka, which is very beautiful. It could be, someone mixed up Shizuka and Dai-chan because they are so close and belong to the same management company. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:01 pm

[quote]Common, Genki! Cool The judges just couldn't give the same PCS as Patrick to a skater who only got 53.15 in TES. alien[/quot

If Judges can give 84.06 to the skater who fell 3 times, they can give anything.
On TES side, it is a joke too. Did you see Patrick got 7.30 on the 4T Kozuka got 4.20,because Patric rotated in the air ? I doubt it.

Also, Kozuka with his most beautiful basing skating only get only 73.88, whopping almost 10 points lower than Chan.

Basically, judges found the way to select winners even before they skate.

I do not become too pessimistic, but it is like a pre-set game for most of skaters, as long as Chan get 80's in PCS with even multiple falls.

But Dai has a hope. because he is the only skater whose PCS can match Chan.

Sorry, Lil for this comparison, but i could not help it.

How long do we have to endure this injustice?
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi Genki! Thank you for sharing your honest opinion!! Very Happy

First of all, I'm sorry I already got drunk repeating Dai-chan's Blues for Klook. drunken drunken

Of course, we have own rights to have own opinions. So I don't want to force you to think this way or that way.

Honeslty speaking, I agree with you partially. Patrick's PE CH IN are a bit too high even though I admire his skating skill. It's something really really special. I love you

But probably you will find Dai-chan was lack of concentration a little tonight after seeing his video. He couldn't get into the program so much. It is such a difficult and complex program. Cool

As for Takahiko, I'm impressed by him tonight. He is smooth all the time but used to be rather monotone. But tonight his skating was more dynamic.

Anyway if it was WC2012, I would join with your propaganda, but you know, it's just Japan Open. Wink
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Miyu, thank you for your explanations )) Can't wait to see both Dai's FS and EX!
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Genki, I believe I understand what you're saying.

There's always been judges' pets in figure skating, in all disciplines (with the ice dance judging being most subjective and suspicious of all, imo). At times, it looks like it's practically impossible for someone else to beat those 'favorites'. But, in fact, it's possible. The recipe, in my opinion, is to stay patient and keep trying (that is: stay calm, land your jumps, skate clean).

I've been a big fan of a certain team in pairs. No matter how many mistakes they made, they placed 1st, had huge pcs and high goe in almost every competition they entered. They seemed unbeatable. Maybe that way they got used to the idea that they'd always win no matter what. But they didn't win the OGM.

And now they are facing a new very strong rival, a heavy favorite for Sochi OGM, and I'm not sure the judges will be as generous with those judges pets as they use to in the past, starting this season. The guys will have to work hard for those winning points from now on (and I hope they will).

There's many more similar examples in the recent fs history, I just mentioned one to make my point.
Back to top Go down
TwisterSister
1A
1A
TwisterSister

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 am

Wow, lots of great points being made right now. It still just boggles my mind that someone can win a competition with 3 falls... I personally think it's crazy that in today's judging code you get deducted the same amount for a fall as you do for an incorrect edge on an entrance to a jump. Rolling Eyes I also think it's crazy that the PCS aren't affected as much by falls, as it disrupts the flow of the program, but I think many people above me have already made that point....

Anyway, I can't WAIT to see some videos from the Japan open!!!
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:40 am

Quote :
Honeslty speaking, I agree with you partially. Patrick's PE CH IN are a bit too high even though I admire his skating skill. It's something really really special. I love you

Thanks Miyu for agreeing with me and explain your thoughts.
And thank you all of other points made so far, it is very interesting to read.

I know and I believe that everybody knows that Chan's SS is something special. It is breath taking to watch it. However, in his case, you just get swept away, only when you watch his lower half of the body. Somebody said, amazing skating, but upper part of the body is just" bonodori" haha, quite a expression, isn't it? bonodori is Japanese folk dance.

I may be a dreamer, but I really want from the bottom of my heart that something special like Dai's skating should be reflected more accurately on PCS side.

People say it is subjunctive. But can you really honestly say that people are more touched by Chan's IN, Cho PE than Dai';s as points show?

If so something is wrong with your eyes. Who else can bring tears to ex Olympic champion's eye's (I mean Oleg at worlds.by skating?

Ice dance judges are always trying to tackle this difficult task of translating artistic impression to the score. Because of this, they are always controversial. but did you ever see couple who fell win?

Anyway, I am just rumbling our my frustration. Sorry.
No you tube up load yet.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:20 am

Genki wrote:
but did you ever see couple who fell win?

In a major competition like Olys or Worlds? Nope, not that I can recall, not under IJS.

Quote :
But can you really honestly say that people are more touched by Chan's IN, Cho PE than Dai';s as points show?

I'm not sure if you're asking someone in particular, but I'd like to answer anyway. Yes, I think those people exist, they are Patrick Chan's fans. They love everything he does and often find every tenth of point he gets, justified and earned. They are just like us, fans.

Quote :
Anyway, I am just rumbling our my frustration. Sorry.

I don't think you've said anything wrong, why do you say 'sorry'? In fact, I love this forum for being able to discuss things like that with people who really care.

Quote :
No you tube up load yet.

None, can't find one, I keep checking. I simply refuse to go to bed without having watched Daisuke's new lp first. Laughing

BTW, a month ago Patrick Chan participated in a club competition called Golden West. He only skated his free program there, and lost to Richard Dornbush, who landed a perfect 4T. I think if the judges really wanted, they could give Patrick enough PCS to 'beat' Richard Dornbush anyway. But they didn't.

http://allyearfsc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/19-Senior-Men.html

-----------------------------------------------------

Here it is bounce cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbOlKmEiY1U

Beautiful music, beautiful program and beautiful Daisuke in it. I love you
Back to top Go down
momo
1A
1A

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:48 am

Hiiiiii!! everyone!! Very Happy
Here is dai's new free skate!! I really like it!! I love you I love you I love you
Daisuke Takahashi FS 2011-2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbOlKmEiY1U

And here is Dai & Yamato's La strada!!
Daisuke&Yamakoの道
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtqNy0IbOw

LOL!! lol! enjoy!! flower
Back to top Go down
TwisterSister
1A
1A
TwisterSister

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:32 am

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH momo YOU JUST MADE MY WHOLE WEEKEND!!! cheers

I can't stop watching it! I love it!!! The technical execution wasn't that great but Dai-Chan has only been jumping since September, right? He'll get there... Wink

I LOVE how completely different this program is and how completely opposite this costume is as well. He looks amazing!!!

Okay, gonna go watch it 275834965397243 more times! And then go take a cold shower! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TwisterSister
1A
1A
TwisterSister

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 am

I also found this video which has some fluff material before the competition but also shows the Kiss & Cry coverage. Daisuke was all smiles despite his score! Very Happy
https://youtu.be/mOC2qPR2lW4
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:23 am

Yeah, Momo and twist sister, Thanks a million.

I just came back from the dinner party and watched Dai's FS several times.

Now I understand why he said it is a gamble.
It is a very difficult music to skate to. The kind of music which does not necessarily helps to make a skater look good, but it showcases only brilliant skating by not aggressively intervening into skating itself.

Even a master like Dai seems to struggle a little to connect to the music still, but I am so sure that this will grow into a beautiful masterpiece.

This music takes a genius to become a true jem, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you so much for the information, all. Very Happy
I watched Daisuke's new exhibition program on TV. It was very beautiful and it reminds me his "Nocturne". His every movements were so soft and sparkling in his way.
I suppose "The Crisis" is choreographed by himself or Kenji Miyamoto.

fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNSdSA22l8

Here is his EX.

OMG!!!! Just just amazing!!!!
It's already masterpiece~!

I think it was choreographed by Pasquale. It reminded LITTLE BIT his Ocean Waves work.

Anyway Just beautiful......OMG............
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Thank you for the video, fosse!! cheers

OMG!! It's so pure! It's so beautiful! I love you I love you

Dai-chan's progress is far beyond my imagination. You can easily find the effect of ballet lessons and the skating camp with Olivier in Lyon. Wink

Is he genius? Yes, definitely!!! flower

fosse wrote:
I think it was choreographed by Pasquale.
I bet it's Kenji. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Thank you guys.
fosse, Dai looks so young here in Ex like, reminds me his junior WCh.

Is it soundtrack of "La leggenda del pianista sull'oceano" with Tim Roth? Such an sad movie. But I guess Dai didn`t see it.
Remember he said that Miyamoto suggested this music to Ex, but he doesn`t see this movie as usuall. Smile So I guess this Ex was choreographed by Kenji.

And this Mambo as usuall did his job. Very Happy

hsuhs
I read somewhere that Patrick has fallen from almost all his jumps, so it was imposible for him to win in "Golden West".

miyu
I agree with you. His edging & flow always were good, but something unclear has improved.
And now after seeing his FS I understand why you feel yourself as being drunk. I feel the same drunken
That`s almost unfair why he has such effect on people. Razz

Genki you get me wrong. By saying "I cannot stand the comparison Chan vs Dai" I meant if it`s not in Dai`s benefit. Wink

Patrick SS, oh Patrick SS! Yep, it`s captivating.
But I watch only on his boots during his skating.
When I will become his fan, I will say you honestly. But I guess it will never happen.

ETA
Dai looks so good in simple black outfit!
But I guess his costumes to FS & Ex just were not ready.
What to expect - stripes. Razz
Back to top Go down
TwisterSister
1A
1A
TwisterSister

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Lil wrote:
miyu
And now after seeing his FS I understand why you feel yourself as being drunk. I feel the same drunken
That`s almost unfair why he has such effect on people. Razz

I understand completely, per my previous comment after watching his FS several times. Hehe. Wink

Lil wrote:
ETA
Dai looks so good in simple black outfit!
But I guess his costumes to FS & Ex just were not ready.
What to expect - stripes. Razz

I don't really mind if he changes his EX costume but I really hope he doesn't change his FS costume! Not only does he look incredibly sexy in the simple black costume but I think the simplicity of the costume helps not only counterbalance the uniqueness of the music but also elevates the focus on his skating. He doesn't need sparkles or sequins or stripes (lol) to make his skating stand out - it speaks for itself!
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Oh my good! What is that EX? whoops thanks Fosse, forgot to thank you first, because I got totally spacy after looking at THAT Shocked Shocked

Is that figure skating? What? No, he totally went beyond that.

Chan who? It felt like I saw something beautiful for the first time in my life. Completely mesmerized. We need a new category on PCS. What about "GBI"Goose Bump Index Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:14 am

To me, Daisuke's new exhibition is absolutely stunning and breathtaking I love you
Back to top Go down
TwisterSister
1A
1A
TwisterSister

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:22 am

Genki and hsuhs: If this were facebook, I would be clicking "Like" on both of your above comments!

LOL @ GBI! +3 GOE for that!

I really feel his EX program is about so many different "Crises": his personal struggles last year with not skating his best, not feeling motivated to train, struggling with the decision on whether to retire or not, the skate/boot incident at Worlds and losing his World title and of course, the horrible natural disasters in Japan in May.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2011
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next