Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Training for Daisuke

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Training for Daisuke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 9:22 pm

What I would like to know, is:

1) How many hrs per day does he practice,
2) more about the training facilities he uses,
3) does he have any friends outside the skating world,
4) -- I would't dare to ask what his private life is like, but maybe someone wants to share anyway----
5) is he planning to work with Morozov in the upcoming season
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: answers   Training for Daisuke EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 9:57 pm

Hello, hsuhs, welcome to DTFF! Smile
As far as I know, I'd like to answer your questions.

1) How many hrs per day does he practice,
Ans.
Practice low season: 27 h/week at Osaka JPN, Simsbury USA
Practice high season: 20 h/week at Osaka JPN, Simsbury USA

http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00004810.htm

2) more about the training facilities he uses,
Ans.
Daisuke is a Kansai University's student now. Since the University has opened ice skate link, he has been used to practice skating and physical training.

3) does he have any friends outside the skating world,
Ans.
He commented that he has some Kansai university's friends.

4) -- I would't dare to ask what his private life is like, but maybe someone wants to share anyway----
Ans.
I don't know what is answer you asking for. According to his latest interview, he is only thinking of skating to get a gold at Vancouver now.

5) is he planning to work with Morozov in the upcoming season
Ans.
Yes, he is already training new program with Morozov and Utako.
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome & answers, Leode.

Wow, 27 hrs per week is a lot! No wonder, he's made such a progress. Glad to hear he's still with Morozov, who's one of my fave choreographers. Can't wait to see Daisuke's new programs.

Wondering if he's in Simsbury now.

And thanks for creating this board.
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 10:38 pm

1.) I read in a Japanese newspaper last year that he trains for 3 hours a day on-ice, and 2 hours off-ice. In a TV interview after Nationals, he said that he usually skates 3 hours a day during the season, but sometimes less than that (only 2 hours). But even though it seems like he doesn't skate that much, he does do a lot of off-ice training. Japanese TV features always show footage of him doing all kinds of different off-ice training.

2.) He splits his time between the Kansai University Ice Arena and Ice House in Hackensack, New Jersey (Morosov's new base since moving from Simsbury).

4.) He doesn't talk much about his private life. He's mentioned his love for shopping and fashion a lot, and that's about it?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Thanks, Calliope!

Didn't know about Morozov's new location. 3 hrs skating a day sound pretty OK. Do you know what kind of off-ice training does he do?
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 12:46 am

He does all kinds of stuff, like running around cones quickly doing twirls, jump roping, running up and down stairs, exercises with balls, etc. Some of it I don't really know how to explain. If you'd like to see some clips of his training though, I'd be happy to upload them.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 2:06 am

Calliope,

yes, please, but only if it's not too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 3:53 am

Thanks, Calliope.
Sorry, yes, it's in New Jersey.
If you upload it, pls use members only section, thank you. Smile

Hi, hsuhs, you can see his traning with Morozov.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4mzG74hT9I
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 7:40 am

It's no problem at all, hsuhs. I've posted the links to the videos in the video forum.

The first video shows some of the off-ice training he does to improve his sense of balance, concentration, and muscles so that his footwork will be better (footage starts at 1:20). Apparently, the training changed the shape of his feet and broke down his skates at the rate of one pair a month. With that kind of effort, I suppose it's no mystery why he's so good at footwork.

The second video shows him with his trainer from Portugal, Carlos (footage starts at 1:50). He started working with Carlos before the Olympic season, and his improved placings in competition were largely due in part to Carlos' training.

The third video I just posted because I had uploaded it awhile ago, and the link was still working. I don't know if you want to download it or not since it's so big, but there's a little footage of him training with Carlos around 20:15 as well. The entire documentary is really good though, so it's worth watching.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Thank you, guys flower
Back to top Go down
daisukefan
1A
1A
daisukefan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:37 pm

thanks for sharing ^^[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training for Daisuke   Training for Daisuke Empty

Back to top Go down

Training for Daisuke
Page 1 of 1