Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Here is an interview of Yomiuri newspaper.

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/feature/figure/fi20080220_01.htm

Q: Your quads jumps as an ace for Worlds is stable.
A: Actually I had a cold and fever but I felt calm at the moment I was called. I believed I could do it. I have practiced to jump single quad followed by quad combination at a time these days. I was in good shape as I could do 3 sets of it without fail and it gave me confidence. At JNC when I landed 2 qudas I was weary in the second half but at 4CC where I had enough strength there weren't any any proplems.

Q: You used to tend to fail on free skating before. But it has changed. You've become a top skater over the past 2 years. What was the turning point in your mental aspect?
A: Torino Olympics was the new start. The frustration that I ended up 8th place and Shi-chan(<= Shizuka's nickname)'s gold medal generated a synergistic effect on me then I had a strong will "I want to win. I don't want lose to anyone." And At GPF before Olympics Nikolai said to me "Are you satisfied with a such result? You can go further. You can't make it because you place yourself too below." His words have stayed in my mind too. To go for the top I changed my approach for practices and myself has changed as the result of it. Such positive growth cycle motivated me.

Q: What is the key of the consistency of jumps?
A: The level and width of my jumps has moved up by the physical trainig with a professional trainer since before Olympics. The most important thing is mental strength to land jumps and I have become to be able to snap out of uneasiness when I could do satisfying practice. And also I have realized I could hold on at the last moment when I concentrated strongly on winnig. In the the last stage of practice I often push myself into the situation where I can move my body freely even though I'm so exhausted at the same time like runner's high.

Q: Who is your rival at World Championships?
A: It will be a confused fight with some people who has possibilities. I love Stephane Lambiel's skating but I have a kind of complex with him so I'd like to win perfectly.

Q: After that?
A: I want to keep winning until Vancouver. I will do quad in SP and challenge 4-3 next season. I'd like to be an exceptional skater who everyone has to admit. 2010 Olympic will be different from the former one where I lost myself due to nervousness. I will get down to it seriously.

WOW!! How Dai-chan is confident!!!! Shocked Shocked
Go Dai-chan!!! cheers cheers

(I'm very sorry for my bad translation especially this time because I don't have much time to do it.... But I think this interview is very nice so I'd like to let DTFF members know it.
Please edit freely if there is someone who can tranlate more nicely.)

Last edited by miyu on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 6:24 pm

Kandai sports' interview. (Kandai sports is a school newspaper of Kansai University.)

I picked some questions.

http://univ.nikkansports.com/press/kanspo/GO!KAISERS/002779.html

Q: Do you feel excited? Worlds is just in a month.
A: I'm full of anxiety. I've never felt excited before competitions. I have no confidence.

Q: About your new shoes.
A: I want to continue using the former shoes til Worlds. But it didn't work. But I often go to competitions with new shoes which I started to use 3 days before. So there wasn't much effect at 4CC.

Q: Meals in Korea?
A: I ate Yakiniku (Korean Barbecue) for 3 days. Lunch was Bibinbap. The taste of Bibinbap varies according to restaurants. It's good food because you can have a lot of vegitables too. But I'm afraid it was not good for my stomack.(laugh) I felt like Capsaicin was working on me!

Q: Your schedule for Worlds?
A: I will stay in Japan for a while and practice in Europe.

Q: Let us hear your enthusiasm for Worlds.
A: Victory.

Dai-chan looked a bit different mood.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by miyu on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Many thanks for the long translation, miyu! Very Happy
I know that it took so much time for translation from Japanese to English.

Quote :
Q: After that?
A: I want to keep winning until Vancouver. I will do quad in SP and challenge 4-3 next season. I'd like to be an exceptional skater who everyone has to admit. 2010 Olympic will be different from the former one where I lost myself due to nervousness. I will get down to it seriously.

Wow!! He's thinking about next step to 4-3.Shocked Is that 4T-3T or 4F-3T?? I'd like to see also his 4S! But he's already jumped 4-3 before.
By the way, I'm very impressed that his improvements of this season are very amazing. Before the season, I was worrying about his spins and stamina, hahaha. Razz

Way to go, Daisuke!! cheers

swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 11:30 pm

Thanks so much for the translations, miyu! I enjoy reading these interviews very much. Daisuke has definitely come a long way since the last Olympics! I'm glad he believes in his abilities and that he's taking the quad one step at a time (progressively stepping up to the quad-triple and then the quad in the short). Seems like he's plotting world domination! Razz

miyu wrote:

Dai-chan looked a bit different mood.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yea, the tone of the Kandai interview seems much more informal...kind of like two friends talking. Dai's answers are very candid! So he did enjoy all the Korean food...too bad he ended up with stomach aches after eating it... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 11:47 pm

swandie wrote:
Thanks so much for the translations, miyu! I enjoy reading these interviews very much.

Yes! Yes! Me too! Thank you, miyu! Those are 2 great interviews, each in it's own way.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 2:06 am

Thank you so much miyu! Very Happy
It's impossible for me to read and understand an interview in japanese, so I'm so gratefull to everyone translate something for DTFF members! alien
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 4:08 pm

You are welcome!!!
Thank you for telling me you enjoyed those interviews.Embarassed Embarassed

I was suprised to read Dai-chan had a fever at 4CC. I hope he will set for Worlds in the best shape. cheers cheers

Let's cheer for Dai-chan together!!! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC   Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke's some interviews after 4CC
Page 1 of 1