Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prince Ice World 2010

Go down 
+2
hsuhs
Leode
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Prince Ice World 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Prince Ice World in Yokohama
Date: May 1st, 2010(Sat) ~May 5th, 2010(Wed)
Place: Shin Yokohama Skating Center

May 1st - 3rd, 2010 Special Guest: Daisuke Takahashi, Akiko Suzuki
May 4th, 5th, 2010 Special Guest: Mao Asada, Takahiko Kozuka
May 1st - 5th, 2010 Special Guest: Chika Suguri

Prince Ice World
http://www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/schedule/index.html

Hi, DTFF members and all new members!! Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_biggrin
Today, I just came back from Yokohama, Japan "Prince Ice World". Daisuke and Akiko were special guests. As I missed him on SOI due to my job, so I didn't want to loose my chance to see Daisuke this time.
It's hot day in Yokohama, today, but it's fine day. Daisuke said that he is the man whose presence is jocularly said to bring on rain, however these 3 days were fine!!

I was really hoping to see "La Strada", but he did "Luv Letter" instead. It's amazing that he performed it more powerful and stronger than before. I thought this exhibition was so soft and elegant program, but now he changed the program from soft to strong and I convinced he's back like he was before. Daisuke jumped more higher and airly rounding 3A and 3Lz. It's perfect!! The crowd excited to see his performance and they were screaming and jumping a lot, hahaha.(including me.) Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_lol Af the finale, he showed 4F with two foot and perfect 3A again!!

*After the Ball
OMG!! Daisuke received many presents and flowers from many fans more than before!! The crowd rushed into him surprisingly. It took an hour for him to greet them each and it was very slowly to walk for him. Daisuke looked so tired, but he seemed to be happy. He said that it's not decided that he will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne yet.
I'm always impressed that Daisuke is a professional to make enjoying all fans and audience with great performance. And I uploaded couple of pictures of Daisuke and other skaters, pls check them at the Gallery, thank you.

By the way, during the show term, I had a lunch time at the Shinyokohama Prince Hotel and we can see Daisuke's "Phantom of the Opera" and Shizuka Arakawa's "Turandot" at Turin Olympic Games costumes there. They are so beautiful!!

Thank you for the great show, all skaters and supporters. Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_biggrin

Have a nice holiday, Daisuke!!
I hope you take a couple days off and a rest after the show.

hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh, Leode thank you so so much for your report and those wonderful photos! bounce cheers

It's great the public reacted to his performance that way king I bet it was one wonderful show, wish I was there too.

And I, too, hope, Daisuke takes some time off now, because he's been SO busy since the Worlds! I also hope he sees a sport psychologist to talk about his recent burnout.

I also find it interesting that the contract with SLB hasn't been signed yet. So at the moment it's not definite? Well, I guess, the time will tell flower
Back to top Go down
Faith85j
1A
1A
Faith85j

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks Leode for your report and for the photos...are so beautiful Very Happy

I like so much the Daisuke's "Phantom of the Opera" costume...(even though all his costumes are so beautiful) cheers
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:29 am

Thank you, hsuhs and Faith85j! Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_biggrin
Shizuka and Akiko also did great performance! I was so excited to see their program, too. I'm so impressed that Daisuke was so sweet and kind for many fans, especially children and old people.
Here is the one of special guest Chika Suguri's blog. She is a Fumie Suguri's little sister. You can see Daisuke in her picture.

Chika Suguri's blog
http://ameblo.jp/chikasuguri/

hsuhs wrote:
It's great the public reacted to his performance that way king I bet it was one wonderful show, wish I was there too.
I've never seen that strong way he did in the program "Lve Letter" before. I think it's the best performance he did last season!! If it is on air, you can see watch it.

Faith85j wrote:
I like so much the Daisuke's "Phantom of the Opera" costume...(even though all his costumes are so beautiful) cheers
Thank you! I love his "eye"'s costume which was made with concerning his finishing pose like your avatar's. Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_wink

miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Thank you for the report and pics, Leode!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I went to the morning show on 3rd.

Leode wrote:
I thought this exhibition was so soft and elegant program, but now he changed the program from soft to strong and I convinced he's back like he was before.
I felt the same as you, Leode. Cool For my eyes it was more like the atomosphere of his presence has changed. Confidence and dignity, such things. It was a very intense Luv Letter. I love you I recalled the Luv Letter which had fragile beauty in the last summer. Very impressive difference was there. Very Happy

In the finale, Dai-chan attempted 4F (I guess) but unfortunately popped it. But he went for 3F immediately right after that. Really immediately with no preparation. Amazing! Shocked Cool

Leode wrote:
It took an hour for him to greet them each
Yes. Even Shizuka finished and disappeared long time before. Dai-chan remained on the ice alone for a half hour. Shocked I think last year they took almost the same time (Dai-chan needed a little longer time), so it showed how much he became popular after the olympics. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:50 am

Thank you for your report, miyu! Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_biggrin
I really glad to know that you enjoyed watching the show, too.

miyu wrote:
It was a very intense Luv Letter. I love you I recalled the Luv Letter which had fragile beauty in the last summer. Very impressive difference was there. Very Happy
I agree with you, miyu. Daisuke showed a passionate "Luv Letter" version to us. I found the vid that we can see a little part of this program at PIW from Japanese TV news "Takahash will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne next season?".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTyqy35pxw8

Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi Leode:

Thank you for the link.
I agree with you. His performance is much stronger and more intense. I really love it.

As Utako said, Dai has much more room to grow. I can not wait to see new Dai with stronger jumps, steps and artistic expression that no other skaters have yet achieved Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_biggrin Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_biggrin

Here's the video of greeting at the end of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqZfzFrXUMU&feature=related

I envy you guys in JapanPrince Ice World 2010 Icon_sad.
I am going to go to SOI in US soon, but I am not that interested in meeting Evan at meet and greet. Prince Ice World 2010 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:08 pm

I too attended PIW on Monday 3 May. Having seen Daisuke perform 'Eye' for the very first time way back in DOI in 2008 before he got injured, then 'La Strada' at SOI this year, the only one I hadn't seen was 'Love Letter', so I was thrilled he performed it at PIW.

I was about 6 rows from the front, but still managed to see everything very well, and thought Dai performed fluidly and confidently, even if all the jumps weren't perfect - after all, it is his artistry that I admire most about him.

It was very evident right from the start that Dai was the big drawcard, he drew huge applause when he came, not the least from me, who drew quite a lot of 'looks' from the Japanese fans when I started screaming his name and waving my customised 'Daisuke Daisuki' Japanese flag.

The ladies who were sitting in seats 1 and 2 in my row struck up a conversation with me (they too were big Dai fans) and they kindly let me move past them quickly at the end of the show to get down to the side of the rink to get a good position to meet Daisuke.

As others have said, it took quite a while for him to make his way around the rink. Everyone wanted to meet him, and he kindly made time for each and every fan, even if it involved him going back from time to time to parts of the rink he had previously been, because some new people had finally managed to make their way to the barrier. He had a few skaters helping to collect the thousands of presents and bouquets he received.

When he finally got to where I was, I told him in Japanese that his performances were beautiful and I was always moved when I watched them. He thanked me, then I asked him if he would hold my flag while I took a picture. He kindly agreed and smiled sweetly while I took a photo, and even agreed to a second shot! Then he shook my hand, I gave him my gift, and he moved on.

Outside getting my photo with Daisuke, this was the best possible encounter I could have had, and the best meeting I have had so far with Daisuke, and I admired him even more for the gracious and accommodating attitude he took towards his ever-increasing number of fans.

Once again, PIW delivered the up-close skater experience that the fans love so much. I am already looking forward to next year! Very Happy Love Dog!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prince Ice World 2010   Prince Ice World 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prince Ice World 2010
Page 1 of 1