Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friends on Ice 2008

Go down 
+6
hsuhs
glorydave
Yshion
Leode
UMgal
nipponophile
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Friends on Ice 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:27 am

Does anyone know if Daisuke will be performing in this gala, as he did last year?
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi, nipponophile. Please see the new post by Leode listing Daisuke's schedule until June. I'm not sure about what happens after June though.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Here is "Friends on Ice"'s schedule. I'm not sure that Daisuke will participate in this Gala now, however, Shizuka Arakawa is a very close friend of him. So, I think he will do.

Friends on Ice
Date:
1) July 5th, 2008(Sat) 12:30~ 16:30~
2) July 6th, 2008(Sun) 12:30~ 16:30~
Place:Shin Yokohama Skating Center
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 pm

Thanks UMgal and Leode for your responses, I appreciate it. I am considering trying to pre-reserve a ticket for this event, if Daisuke is performing.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Now, Friends on Ice show is on in Yokohama! Very Happy So regretful I can't be there.

Article of press conference
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20080703-OYT1T00652.htm

Rehearsal Photos
http://www.friendsonice.com/gallery/index.html
(Click each photos, you can see larger photos)

I'm really sad we can't watch this show on TV...so, looking forward to reading the reports! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks, Yshion! Very Happy

I hoped we can see FOI on TV... Sad I really would like to see an other Dai's performance of Eye!!!

... no videos e no reports till now, so I concentrate on more frivolous things... Wink
I'm watching Daisuke's new hair style for this show... Rolling Eyes I prefer "wilder" style like last week at DOI!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi, DTFF members! Very Happy
I will go to see FOI tomorrow and report it to you! I heard that Daisuke performed "eye" and "The Phantom of the Opera" with Shizuka Arakawa and other skaters today. I can't wait to see them! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:07 pm

oh Yshion, thank you again! Like a Star @ heaven Love the practice pics cheers

So there will be no videos at all this time? Too bad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Thank you for the rehearsal report, heidi! Very Happy

heidi wrote:
I saw yesterday's rehearsal (I was so lucky!) and 12:30 show today.

He really was enjoying the show and his new SP.
We know the program is just made but he did the program nicely and perfectly like he made it. Three jumps were beatiful and easy. Steps
were attractive and sexy... drunken

At the rehearsal, I really was surprised Surprised when he appeared in the Phantom costume and started the straight line step performance, though he fell before he completed it. Laughing Very happy to see Dai-chan's phantom again.

Today, when Shae-Lynn Bourne started her solo perfomance, Dai-chan came to the staff area and sat on the seat and was gazing her performance.

I have no idea with his NEW choreographer for the LP, whoever he/she is,
I heartily congratulate his decision. Toast to the change cheers
GO DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Friends on Ice 2008
Date: July 6th, 2008(Sun) 16:30~19:00
Place:Shin Yokohama Skating Center

It's very hot and humid in Japan today and still having a rainy season, but I was very excited to see the great show which was produced by Shizuka Arakawa. It was more gorgeous and fantastic than last year with using leaser beam. I was in the west seat on 2nd floor.

Opening
All the members danced in a group. Daisuke appeared with the same white and black costume as DOI.
I don't remember the song, but he got a rhythm and gave us his big smile. I'm very glad to see that he's doing fun with other skaters. And he tried to do 3Lo, but not clear unfortunately.

Musical "The Phantom of the Opera"
A big chandelier is suspended from the celling at the center of rink. At the beginning, a girl who was selected for this show appeared with music box and when "The Phantom of the Opera" music began, Kenji Miyamoto performed dance with mask like the phantom. After that, Takeshi Honda, Yamato Tamura, Yoshie Onda, Shizuka Arakawa and Yukari Nakano showed their best moves. When I heard the familiar tune, at last Daisuke appeared at north side of rink and he was in same costume as his free skating program "The Phantom of the Opera" and performed very strong straight line step. This show was using a lot of laser beam and it affected to it so fantastic. I was very impressed that all skater's performances and especially Daisuke's. I love this performance so much! Very Happy

Drawing for audience
After that, Shizuka came to rink and called two persons name, Kenji Miyamoto and Daisuke. There was a drawing to see who would get T shirt and sports wears with logo "Friends on Ice" on it. When Shizuka was ruffling through the tickets with seat in the box, Daisuke and Kenji showed dance with music. It made the audience laugh. When Kenji and Daisuke came back to the entrance, they showed the same movement from "eye". The audience was very excited about this! Razz

Daisuke Takahashi "eye"
His each movements more improved and smoothly than DOI's and I was very impressed that his butterfly was very high and beautiful before spins. The some of choreography were changed before layback spins. At very fast speed, he did 3F, 3A and 3Lz all clean. He showed the best performance! I love you I was very excited that Daisuke received the standing ovation from audience. I love this short program, thank you, Kenji.

Daisuke introduced Evan
And before the performance of Evan, Daisuke introduced(recorded) Evan as "Evan is a wonderful skater and he is also one of my favorite skaters. At the competitions, we're good competitors each other and at the show, we're good friends. For targeting the Vancouver Olympics, we will do the best!!"

Finale
All skaters came to the rink and danced in a group. The men skater were in Black suit and green tie. Daisuke and Kenji danced with Bourne. Shae-Lynn pulled their ties. Hahaha!!! Laughing Daisuke did 3F clean, but he fell 2A.
After finale, Shizuka pulled Daisuke and Kenji's ties and came to rink and bowed to everyone. And when they come back to rink again, Shizuka was chasing Daisuke with water gun?? Hahaha!! Laughing It made the audience laugh.

I have more impression about Shizuka Arakawa and Shae-Lynn Bourne. They showed Shizuka's program "It's a beautiful day" which was choreographed by Bourne together. It's very amazing and they're great!! It moved me a lot! I love you The audience was also excited this program and they received the standing ovation from audience.

Thank you for the great show, Daisuke, Shizuka, all skaters who attended this show!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 8:15 pm

And thank you for the report, Leode! flower

Quote :
His each movements more improved and smoothly than DOI's and I was very impressed that his butterfly was very high and beautiful before spins. The some of choreography were changed before layback spins. At very fast speed, he did 3F, 3A and 3Lz all clean. He showed the best performance!

God only knows how I long for a vid of that performance. But... OK, OK, I'm not going to whine Embarassed No
Quote :
Daisuke and Kenji showed dance with music.
Quote :
When Kenji and Daisuke came back to the entrance, they showed the same movement from "eye". The audience was very excited about this!
Quote :
And when they come back to rink again, Shizuka was chasing Daisuke with water gun?? Hahaha!! It made the audience laugh.
Sounds like the skaters were having major fun there lol!
And it was very nice and sweet of Daisuke to introduce Evan like that.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Thank you for the wonderful report, Leode!! flower

So glad to hear Daisuke had a great fun, and audiences too!

Quote :
Daisuke and Kenji danced with Bourne. Shae-Lynn pulled their ties. Hahaha!!!
I crazily want to see this! Daisuke dances with two ice dancers...it must have been so gorgeous Embarassed
And "The Phantom of the opera" too.

Seems like Daisuke is full of vigor, I'm so relieved Smile
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:30 am

Thank you for your report, Leode! Very Happy

I've never thought we can see Dai's Phantom of the Opera again! Shocked I love the final Straight Line Step. It always reminds me to Dai's wonderfull performance at Worlds 2007... I hope Daisuke will show it again... I really would like to see it...

I'm glad to read that Daisuke improved from last week in his SP. This means he is working so hard!
I'm watching "eye" everyday and now I can say that I'm in love with this program! I love you

Thank you, Leode, also for the report of the funny moments among the skaters! lol!
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:27 am

Thanks for your report Leode! Friends on Ice sounds like it was a lot of fun! I wish I could have seen it...especially the part where Shizuka was chasing Daisuke with a water gun and the pulling of Dai and Miyamoto's ties! Razz Razz Razz Too bad it won't be broadcast because now I really want to see.

Daisuke's words about Evan were very nice. It's good that he wants his competitors to do their best.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Sgala
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:27 am

Hello, how do you do? I have been ROM person for a while, but I went to Friends on Ice yesterday and wanted to post something here!!!

As Leode wrote(thanks), it was great to see Musical "The Phantom of the Opera". After the Slst, Daisuke added something special for the show, a solo part for about 20-30 sec, if my memory was correct (I do not see any blogs mention about it, so it could be my dream)! The movement was, in my opinion, so distill... even sad & beautiful shadow on his face. I thought to myself hey Daisuke what is so sad about performing it today??

As to "eye"... well, honestly... It was not crisp enough, to my eyes. DOI was better... He will add 4-3 and upgrade all the elements after all, so I do not see any issue at this moment.

Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi Sgala! I'm hsuhs. Nice to meet you.
Thank you for sharing.
Sgala wrote:
The movement was, in my opinion, so distill... even sad & beautiful shadow on his face. I thought to myself hey Daisuke what is so sad about performing it today??
An interesting observation! Could Daisuke be a bit nostalgic? He might have good memories of TPOTO. Remember how emotional he was after his free skate at 2007 Worlds. He cried on Nikolai's shoulder and looked overwhelmed with joy. He became the first Japanese man to win a Worlds silver that day, his highest accomplishment so far.

Was that solo a way of saying a definitive goodbye to that part of his life? A closure?

Or maybe I'm looking too deep into this, and Daisuke was just having a bit of a headache Embarassed

Anyways, welcome aboard flower
Back to top Go down
Sgala
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 am

Hi Hsuhs, thak you for reading my post and responding to it!

hsuhs wrote:
Was that solo a way of saying a definitive goodbye to that part of his life? A closure?

Ohhhh, what a beautiful way to understand that scene! I love your perspective! That could be his real final Phantom performance in his life... A closure of Chapter III "Nikolai era" or something. Thank you, hsuhs, you turned my tiny memory to super fantastic one!
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:44 am

Hi Sgala! Thanks for your report on Friends on Ice and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:09 am

heidi wrote:
I saw yesterday's rehearsal (I was so lucky!) and 12:30 show today.

He really was enjoying the show and his new SP.
We know the program is just made but he did the program nicely and perfectly like he made it. Three jumps were beatiful and easy. Steps
were attractive and sexy... drunken

At the rehearsal, I really was surprised Surprised when he appeared in the Phantom costume and started the straight line step performance, though he fell before he completed it. Laughing Very happy to see Dai-chan's phantom again.

Today, when Shae-Lynn Bourne started her solo perfomance, Dai-chan came to the staff area and sat on the seat and was gazing her performance.

I have no idea with his NEW choreographer for the LP, whoever he/she is,
I heartily congratulate his decision. Toast to the change cheers
GO DAISUKE!
[/quote]

Okay, first question: Heidi, HOW did you get in to see the rehearsal? I would've LOVED to have seen it! Please tell us your advice!

Second, Thanks Leode for the great report! You have such a good memory for things!

Third, Sgala, I have to agree with you, I thought the DOI version of "Eye" was better than the FOI version. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this program, regardless!!!

I would like to share with you all my somewhat embarassing moment at FOI on Saturday....

I had a rink-side seat for the Saturday evening performance, which was very exciting (esp. the POTO straight line step sequence, I swear I almost FAINTED with excitement when I saw Dai-chan do this....). At the end of the performance, when the skaters did their skate-past to shake hands with the fans, I was standing behind the barrier with my present and card for Dai. As he came closer and closer, I leaned out to hand him the gift...but I leaned too far, over-balanced and fell over the barrier and on to the ice, right in front of Dai (and Shizuka Arakawa). Shizuka said "Daijyoubu desu ka" ("Are you alright?") and her and Dai helped me up, my face about the same colour as the red t-shirt I was wearing. My gift for Dai had skidded off over the ice to be retreived later by another spectator. Dai kept looking at me and smiling as I shook his hand. I guess that was one way to make an impression Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:45 pm

nipponophile, OMG, what an experience! affraid Laughing
I have laughed reading about it... Does it make me a bad person? Embarassed scratch

I'm envious of you guys getting to see the "Eye" more than once, and therefore being able to compare the performances.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 3:06 am

Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Wow, nipponophile! That's a very interesting story. When I first read it, I thought you had fainted in front of them. But, oh man, that was quite a fall! I hope you didn't get hurt. I'm sure Dai and Shizuka will remember you forever! Wink
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 5:17 pm

I found this video on youtube...
I'm so happy to find them!!! Very Happy

They're very short videos but you can see a part of Dai's Phantom and Dai in black with green tie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbycgT4fhA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRYcg7kUosQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8PAiwY8es

I missed Phantom of the Opera!

Thank you Sgala and welcome to DTFF! Very Happy
Nipponophile... yes, Daisuke will remember you! Razz
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi, DTFF members! Very Happy
Thank you for the report, nipponophile and welcome to DTFF, Sgala. ENJOY!
You had a rare experience, nipponophile. Razz Daisuke and Shizuka are always so kind to us.

Here is pics from FOI at Icenetwork

From Shizuka Arakawa's official site

FOI members at Rehearsal

Daisuke with a dog (Very cute!!)

Happy Birthday to you, glorlydave!! cheers I hope you are having a good time and you will see Daisuke again. You are also so kind to us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Thank you for the pictures, Leode! Very Happy
And also thank you for your wishes!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:51 pm

You're always welcome, glorydave! Very Happy
Here is pics from backstage at FOI. Daisuke was at Karaoke and got a prize of Bingo.

Backstage at FOI 2008
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2008   Friends on Ice 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends on Ice 2008
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next