Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2019

Go down 
+2
Shyla
PATTINA
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 am

Thanks for the link, sonabilis. Dai's heartful laugh is the best thing to start a day with I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

sonabilis wrote:
Dai has kept secret how much trouble he actually had with his injury.

Watching videos of practice, it could be noted that some landings were not fully stable. pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Perhaps he feels still pain and/or feels the ankle not quite fixed.

Japanese athletes usually do not talk much about their physical issues, perhaps they don't want people think they are not doing their best and taking some preventive excuse for bad performances.
And in my opinion it's also part of a general culture to keep some personal issues private.
We have learned of the real situation in Sochi only many months after Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I think it's good that Dai speaks frankly about his situation. He is not looking for excuses, he just says the truth and we can trust him he will do his best. Also love his kind reply to insidious questions about Hanyu. I strongly hope that media avoid creating a drama between the two and their fandoms.

Nice expressions of love by a fan

Fan art Dai and Kana

The Phoenix Bear

Source https://twitter.com/poohshoo2/status/1207089899918131200

DAI-CHAN, GAMBA!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2019-03-16

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Benoit's Instagram! First ChSq from PGG
What a pleasure to see that ... so wonderful  drunken

Interviews/ Articles
thedigestweb
In a nutshell: he lacks enough practice, he wished he had a week now instead of a day. [sure] He'll be very nervous [as always Smile]. He is already feeling towards ice dancing, so it doesn't feel for him like an end.

Chunichi
Quote: "The legs are okay, but the adjustment was not successful and I couldn't build up. I have never practiced a 4T, but my body was moving in today's practice. I was also surprised (laughs)." He will probably not try it [quad] and concentrate on 3A.

Nikkansports
According to this report, at the end of today's practice, Dai landed a 4T !!!!!!  --- and the hall was wrapped in applause.
He commented:  “I had never practiced it, but today I was moving, so I was going to jump from memory. I am also surprised. I don't think I'll do it tomorrow. "
He quotes two teachings from Utako: "Do never whine" and "If you make a miracle, you will be pleased."

SP order!Dai is 4th in 5th group.
Video Dai drawing  Laughing

3 heroes Really nice photo  I love you

Asahi article, but behind waywall.

Oh my, this post has become far longer than thought. I have to end now.
Here below is what I originally began to write, but then came the endless rain of news and pics  Laughing

In any case: DAI-CHAN GAMBA!!! All the best for you!  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you

Quote :
Fan art Dai and Kana

Hey the fan really made an effort to capture the personal traits of the two Smile Like it

Quote :
Also love his kind reply to insidious questions

Yes I've noticed how clever Dai is in his kind way of avoiding pitfalls. In so many years of media presence, he was able to avoid verbal mistakes almost entirely. Admirable!

Surely, the organizers have taken precautions to protect competition and venue from disturbances. What happened in PalaVela really doesn't need to be repeated.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Thank you, friends for updates and all your wonderful posts!  I love you

So Dai landed a 4T out of nowhere  Shocked

I was calm before, but after watching practice clips, hearing the old JN bolero, all familiar nervousness is coming back...
I soooo want him to end this on a happy note, after many bad lucks he deserves as little.  

sonabilis wrote:
Benoit's Instagram! First ChSq from PGG
What a pleasure to see that ... so wonderful  drunken

and that is what is important and what we want to see

GAMBATTE DAI-CHAN!!!!  cheers  cheers  cheers
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 12:02 am

It's raining Dai, hallelujah!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thanks, sonabilis, for links to lots of Dai beauty drunken drunken drunken and for taking the time to translate and supply info.

I agree, the 3 gentlemen are really great. 3 Olympic medalists in 3 Olympics in a row competiting together. I wonder how many other skating Federations can present the same.

Fans are flooding the web with info, news, links, pics and clips..... It's almost impossible to catch up with everything.  Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi has started an album and there are already many pictures from today's practice. I bet more will follow!!  Take a look, but be prepared!!! Amazing Dai beauty ahead!!!

2019 Japan Nationals

One more pic of the 3 Olympians at draw

sonabilis wrote:
According to this report, at the end of today's practice, Dai landed a 4T !!!!!!

AND HERE IT IS!!!!  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  Smooth, efforless and with good landing!! And seems also fully rotated.  

Tv news - more practice and an effortless 3A+2A

Am I the only one fainting at the sudden appearance of Dai's nude skin????  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Dai and Utako sensei

The Japan Times - Takahashi ready for curtain call

Although I don't always trust Gallagher at 100%, I hope he has reported Dai's quotes right. The feeling is positive, Dai feels no pressure because he has no aims to medal, he only wants to enjoy the competition and show to younger generation that at 33 a skater can still be competitive.

Full video (35 minutes) of today's draw

Japan Nationals | Opening Ceremony and Draw

I'm almost tipsy with all these treasures  drunken  drunken  drunken  

DAI-CHAN GAMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Hi ilica!! Nice to read you again!!! Will we change our avatars at the end of Nats????? Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 4:11 am

It sure is raining Dai! So much content today I am in Daiheaven! Oh my that 4T and 3A were beautiful, so much spring and height.

Hi ilica hope all is well with you. Don't be nervous. We have to celebrate with Dai
like he said he is feeling positive and no pressure.

GO DAI-CHAN!!!! peace1
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 5:36 am

Pattina wrote:
Am I the only one fainting at the sudden appearance of Dai's nude skin????

You are definitely not the only one, Pattina   Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who explains this phenomenon to me ...   The more Dai is under tension, the more charismatic and breathtaking he becomes. And he is never more beautiful than in those moments when he is willing to do the impossible.  drunken  drunken  drunken

Another pic almost bursting with charm: Dai greeting friends (junior skaters?)

Haha, like it

Compilation from various short videos from yesterday's practice. Some passages from Phoenix, L - T combo (?), several times the 4T, but 3A is not included.

Btw., prudent division of the skater groups for SP.

Shyla wrote:
We have to celebrate with Dai

That is a good word! A new day is coming, hopefully full of positive news and breathtaking pictures ... let's celebrate with Dai!   cheers  cheers  cheers

GANBATTE DAI-CHAN !! We are with you!
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 7:31 am

Hi Everyone.  Thank you all so much for the latest updates.  Your collective contributions are always much appreciated!  I can't believe the Nationals are almost here.  It seems like just yesterday that they seemed to be so far away and now it's almost upon us.  I cannot believe that Dai landed a 4T!  Seeing as it was unexpected I'm hoping that this will give him an extra boost of confidence.

Try not to be too nervous, Ilica, because no matter what happens on the ice it is not the last we will be seeing of him!  We have his ice dance performances to look forward to.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself so I won't freak out.

I hope that his ankle won't be giving him too much trouble and wish only the best for him.  Break a leg, Dai!  You have so many people behind you and our loyalty and respect will never waiver.  Just go out there and skate like only you can because there is no one else like you!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 10:57 am

sonabilis wrote:
A new day is coming, hopefully full of positive news and breathtaking pictures

More pictures from yesterday practice: enjoy!!!!

Kishimoto

Quote :
The more Dai is under tension, the more charismatic and breathtaking he becomes. And he is never more beautiful than in those moments when he is willing to do the impossible

The third pic in first row above drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

Perfect Lines

Perfect lines 2

3 Olympic smiles

I have not enough of if. Love the way Dai, after landing, goes on skating as if 4T is daily job for him Laughing

Tv news - 4T

Various pics from yesterday's draw. Dai in the first one

Online on ice IG

Tv news with practice and draw focused on Dai, Yuzu and Shoma. Look at 1:42: Dai said something and Yuzu bursted laughing. Wish this nice and happy atmosphere will last for long.

Tv news: practice and draw - Dai, Yuzu and Shoma

Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 2:49 pm

Pleasing news from today's practice!

(or: Oooops... he did it again!  Laughing )

The following is a compilation from hochi.news (h) and daily.co.jp (d), online translation, I did some small corrections. They basically report the same, but with some different details.

(h) Daisuke Takahashi landed triple axel and triple lutz in the runthrough of his FS "Pale Green Ghosts".
After that, he challenged a quad toeloop once and landed brilliantly.

(d) ....there was a sense of stability in the jumps on this day as well.
At the end of practice, he landed a quad toeloop.
On the way out he was asked if he would put a quad into program. "No," he laughed, "I won't. Somehow today I felt like doing it."

(h) About condition:  "I'm more tired than yesterday (18th), but I'm feeling good.”

(d) And he left the venue with a fulfilled expression.

Dai yesterday "I won't do it tomorrow", Dai today: "I felt like doing it  lol!
EDIT No doubt a quad as a single jump is another thing than one in the middle of the program. Dai will likely be very cautious this time because he doesn't want to jeopardize his performance. (It's my guess, but who knows....)

No words  drunken  drunken  drunken

Source, with more pics

Two more

More

Last edited by sonabilis on Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 3:34 pm

A dear fan has uploaded "EPILOGUE 2019"! (as a series of tweets), many thanks to @1001maima!

Part 1
Part 2 - 23

Note from kind uploader: It ends at 23. 24 is wrong in order
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 12:50 am

It's been a tough day at the office: business meetings in the morning and in the afternoon, and in between the usual daily routine. Back home....I'm in DaiHeaven drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

Thanks sonabilis for exhaustive updates!!

I spent the last hour and half jumping from link to link, here, on Twitter and on Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi.

One more quad!!! cheers cheers and lots of nude skin drunken drunken

Tv news - moments from today practice - quad included - commented by Takeshi Honda

Flying high

Sexy bellybutton

Time schedule for tomorrow SP - Dai will take the ice at 20:37 Japan Time

You can try to watch here

mov3 Fuji TV

If the video does not start, click on "live" - then you can see an OK on the down right corner: try it for another streaming. It should work tomorrow, I've been told, so there is no harm in trying

Come what may!!! DAI-CHAN GAMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 4:54 am

Thanks Pattina for the link. I will try it to see if it works for me.

sonabilis thanks for all the Dai goodies. Isn't he Beautiful!!!! I love you

GAMBA DAI-CHAN!!!
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 8:06 am

The flood of news and articles about Dai doesn't end. Usually nothing really new.

This contribution from sportiva is something special.
Not just the usual questions, but really thoughtful and interesting. How Dai is trying to control his nervousness. How hard it really is to be a high-performance skater at 33 - here's a quote:

»This year's summer interview, Takahashi was talking about the harsh situation with a gentle expression.
"As for the knees, it's not the old wound, but it's difficult. The meniscus is also worn down, so if I do too much (practice), my knees swell and can no longer be stretched.
My right ankle is swollen.
When my body gets out of balance, it immediately reacts stressed and I have to get along with the pain."«

The reporter then asks him why he is making such sacrifices. The answer is, roughly,  skating is a joy for him, he want to be involved, not apart... (In principle, Dai is saying something like:  he has to, he can't help it)

Recommended reading, it's really interesting! Even despite insufficient online translation.

An article in three parts by Daisuke  Ikawa, who published “Daisuke Takahashi, nobody knows”. It provides some interesting details from former times:
part 1 - part 2 - part 3

Fanart by Deracinated Flower
and Hyakukaoru@100Imaima
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 8:15 am

Dai at morning practice! Phoenix runthrough, finally with 3A! Photo in costume!

One more

More pics

Wow (Still with training gloves. Mmmmh ... will the red ribbons come back ??)

Dai-chan all the best and good luck to you ... I love you GAMBATTE  I love you
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 11:00 am

Thanks sonabilis!! So many things to catch up with and I'm still sleeepy... Very Happy

Just because we are never tired of Dai-chan

Video cheers cheers

Live News - 17 seconds of runthrough

Tv news - warm up. Taka Mura commenting

Press articles are more or less the same, confirming that in today's runthrough Dai nailed a 3A and a 3Lz.

Chunichi Sports

Look at the edge!!

Sexy caresses

Flying

Official video with some skaters. Don't understand but I guess they invite people to watch promising to do their best.

Dai at 1:09

Have to leave now. Dai-chan GAMBATTE!!!!! I don't know if I'll able to watch but my heart is with you, always!!! Enjoy the competition, be safe and happy I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 4:58 pm

@Pattina the link you provided works good, thanks.

I actually considered not watching the live stream because of nervousness - but now I couldn't stand it.
Shoma did very well, he got something at 102 points!
Now Dai is on ice for warm up. Red ribbons!!
Oh my ... in the many operas that I helped rehearse, they always sing "Mi sento morire!" I could sing that now too!!
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Fantastic performance! Bravo Dai, congratulations! with a super 3F3T combo. 3A both legs, and too bad the lutz didn't work out. but he was strong he let not get irritated. an extraterrestrial landed in Yoyogi arena and set it under fire. Dai-chan we love you!!! arigato gozaimasu!!! ::cheer::
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 5:52 pm

I missed Dai's performance I woke up just after he skated. I hope a video surfaces soon.

Glad Shoma skated a clean program.Here is a video of Shoma's SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=EXPflsWseP0&feature=emb_logo
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 7:09 pm

THE PHOENIX

In interview afterwards, Dai is very critical of himself. Dai! Everything is fine! It was great. After a full year and an injury, going into competition with such a monster of a program! who could match him with that?
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 7:49 pm

sonabilis wrote:
THE PHOENIX

In interview afterwards, Dai is very critical of himself.  Dai! Everything is fine!  It was great.  After a full year and an injury, going into competition with such a monster of a program! who could match him with that?

Oh sorry to hear that he was so down on himself. Phoenix is a very difficult program and like
you said with his injuries he did the best he could. His tech score was not good but he got the third highest PC's 42.42.

The video of Phoenix has been taken down copyright issues, darn.
Back to top Go down
sonabilis
1A
1A
sonabilis

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 9:04 pm

sonabilis wrote:
https://youtu.be/WtvgFX7VATE

Thank you so much, loved it! I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Thank you Pattina, Shyla and Sonabilis for the links and commentary. So much for my words of support to Ilica who was so nervous.  I was reluctant to log on because I found myself stressing out but I couldn’t help myself and found comfort in knowing that Dai had a successful practice.  He didn’t disappoint and what struck me as I watched him skate was the fact that he is 11 years older than Shoma and still manages to mesmerize the audience. Thank you Dai for the early Christmas gift to all of your fans. Congratulations to Shoma and Yuzuru for their clean skates.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 11:26 pm

Thank you, Dai!  flower  You did what you could with this darn bad competition luck of yours.

(But I'm gonna blame the not so perfect skate on the costume Razz  I still hate it.)

I had bad feelings before this, was too scared to watch it live, was even afraid he's not going to make it to the free skate   Rolling Eyes  
So it wasn't as bad after all Very Happy

The technical judging was brutal though Shocked

Anyway, he performed brilliantly, never let the mistakes get to him, and look very handsome, even with black christmas tree hanging on his neck (sorry, I'll stop, I promise.)  

Now I feel the worst is behind us and the free skate will be much better!

GAMBATTE DAI-CHAN!!! cheers  We love you very, very much!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 12:10 am

Hi everyone!!!

As the streaming seemed working well on my mobile, this morning at 12.30 I told my colleagues I needed 15 minutes for me, please if the phone on the desk rings let it go and do not look for me!! I hid myself in the archive room and watched live. Sota was skating and then the camera is on Dai drunken drunken with red ribbons, feathers and all..... His starting gaze, the power he was conveying to audience, the first combo well done (later I saw second jump was under). And then the technical mistakes on 3A and the fall. Each one a stab in my heart. But when he stopped before the step sequence and I heard the cry of the commentator and the roar from audience everything sad disappeared and from thousands of kilometers away I was completely with Dai on the ice sharing any beats of music, any changes of edge, any turns and the final crash on the ice. Loved any second of The Phoenix, no matter what.

At K&C Dai looked serene in spite of placement. He knew from the start it would be hard and accepted it.

Technical scores

Dai gained the third PCS score with 42.42 cheers cheers cheers

It seems that both videos provided here have disappeared. This is still on

The Phoenix

Short tv news with interview

Pictures drunken drunken drunken

Sankei

Hochi news pic 1

Hochi News pic 2

Chunichi Sport

Post of Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi with translation of Sankei's article

Daisuke Takahashi "Sorry, I couldn't move in the second half"

The documentary by Fujitv - full video Daisuke Takahashi - The Epilogue

GAMBATTE DAI-CHAN!!!! Yes, we love you so much and will always do!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2019    News and Topics 2019  - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2019
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next