Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2015

Go down 
+9
miyu
Dancergirl
skato
ostile17
let`s talk
Twind
ilica
Shyla
PATTINA
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:57 am

Let`s talk thank you so much for your report!

let`s talk wrote:
The first half of the show Dai closed with Marnie. I wasn't sure till the very end if Marnie shows up due to its commercial copyright issues. But the miracle happened. When Dai entered the ice all in black, everyone understood everything and got shouting like crazy. The moment the first sound started singing, the crystal silent reigned, taking everyone to another world, fragile yet strong in its purity and sincerity. The artist on the ice. He had a step-out on 3F that no one noticed. That's too good to be just a commercial. It's a real gem for a show number like Luv Letter or Crisis.

Beautiful words! That's how I feel about Marnie too. For me it is part3 of the existential trilogy on ice: LuvLetter-Crisis-Marnie.
I want to see it so much!!!

Thanks for sharing Marien Beth episode. How sweet of Chai-san! I love you  He is just like us - spreading Dai-love as much as he can. sunny
btw is Dai growing his hair again? Guess his fear of american hairdressers has unchanged Wink . I don't mind, I love him long-haired.    
And thanks for giving us hope for FOI...

But "sabishii" is the right word for my feelings right now...

Pattina thanks for links! Poor Dai, clearly was sick...

Last edited by ilica on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:43 am

Thank you Pattina for short video clips! Thanks ostile for your touching report!

Wishing Dai-chan a speedy recovery from his cold.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:44 am

Some more news:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lzdn6_0407-%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%80%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9_sport

- there is the kiss, but unfortunately, filmed from behind
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:30 am

Thank you, let's talk and ostile, for your wonderful report!! We are so lucky to have you among us who could be there!  

I am so glad that he chose Marnie and "Kissing you" for this last performances. (Very sad that there is no coverage of entire piece while it was not allowed to be filmed by the audiences...)

It's so "Daichan" that he chose this event as his last stage before his new endeavor...

I was wishing Marnie is to be skated for this occasion. I have noticed that many who saw it there used the word "furueta" their hearts or bodies, meaning 'trembled/shivered/was shaken' as they reported. This program skated by Dai have touched so many hearts there, as well as on the web for CM. I am thankful that we have that WEB version at least. (I still can't stop repeating both the complete version and its making movie) Dai's soul in this program seems to be so "naked" to me. Introverted and calm but so exposed. We ourselves have to strip down our own to see such purity and that is some experience.

And it tells us something that he had to do "Kissing You" for the very first piece and the very last for his Post-Sochi season skating. In some earlier interview he said he skated this for his own sake. We've seen so many different "Kissing" with this program as time goes by and how he moved on after Sochi. In the interview at this Kobe charity, he said he is letting himself to be selfish, get his own way without thinking about skating for now. I hope he can.

I have a strong doubt though. On his way of this new journey he still may keep giving and giving, as he did with Kissing program to his fans...

Sorry for my gibberish. m(_ _)m
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:55 am

PATTINA and ilica, thank you for the links. Smile
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

Yesterday I was in a hurry, having so much stuff to recap, and pictures and links to be posted into the FS forum I follow, updating Dai's thread.

So this morning - before leaving to work - I take time to go through wonderful reports by let's talk and ostile many times, to find new emotional waves. And Twind's words are adding more feelings. "Marnie" and "Kissing" both tell us so much about his soul and how he feels now. Dai often says he is not so good in explaining himself with words and so he decided to talk to our hearts with two significant programs. So typical Dai-chan.

Thank you all for providing info and links, but above all for sharing here your love for Dai-chan. He needs it. We need it.

Dai is struggling hard to be selfish and to part from skating. I wish he can soon find all the inner strength and peace he needs for this new start. He knows that love from his family, dear friends and devoted fans will always follow him. Hope this can help his tormented soul.

Dai-chan, in my life I love you more. I love you Always proud to be your fan.

Have a wonderful Dai-day flower
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 pm

This ariticle is generally the most complete version of his interview after the charity event, so let me share my attempt of its translation.

[Editing Office of Boom Sport in front of Kandai]

https://www.facebook.com/boomsports

4/8/2015 -1
https://www.facebook.com/boomsports/posts/903228506408322

** Mr. Daisuke Takahashi had his last performances and talked about his feelings**

A charity performance event of figure skating, “East Japan Great Earthquake Charity Performances 2015 ~ From Kobe, the City of Reconstruction~ ” was held at the Port Island Sports Center in Kobe on 7th of this month. This event was founded mainly by Mr. Daisuke Takahsahi (29 = Grad from Letters 08) who withdrew from graduate school in March and Mr. Kenji Miyamoto (36), a choreographer and has raised about 123 million yen so far, with its proceeds after the expenses all donated to Red Cross Japan.

This was 5th of this event this year. 17 skaters such as Mr. Takahashi and Mr. Nobunari Oda (28 = Completed MA –Letters 15) had their performances in front of 2,583 people and fund-raised with collecting boxes as well.

For Mr. Takahashi this is his last skating before his relocation to the US for studying, and he skated to the main theme song of a movie,“Marnie no Omoide (When Marnie Was There)” for the first time in front of the public audience.

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 _1

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 _2
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:54 pm

4/8/2015 -2
https://www.facebook.com/boomsports/photos/a.140931665971347.29474.140763739321473/903226416408531/?type=1&theater

** Interview with Mr. Daisuke Takahashi 1 “a closure piece before wrapping up this chapter” **

--This is the 5th of this charity event. What was on your mind when you were skating?

“I am moving on to the next step myself, but I’d like to keep this charity performance event going on. So before I go further on I hope I could do this next year. I’m wishing I can continue to participate without pushing myself too hard.”

--Did you have any mixed emotions for this is the last skating before your leaving?

“My thought was like, telling me that this was the last. As a performance I don’t think I could deliver the best thing to the audience, but as far as my feeling is concerned I offered my very best.”

(Translator’s notes, according to other news articles and his actual talks from TV clips I corrected it this way though on the Boom Sport site actual line goes “as a performance I could deliver the best to the audience”.)

--Your first Program was to the song of “Omoide no Marnie”. (“Fine on the Outside”)

“I wanted to do this somewhere and I thought this was the best opportunity. The other one (“I’m Kissing You”) is the piece I skated first in front of people after Sochi. To move on, I wanted to skate this in a place with a bright light.”

--Anything about your studying in the US?

“As a rule, the main thing is language learning. I have more anxiety than anticipation.  I‘ve got to be waterlogged with study. I would like to concentrate to boost the speed of learning.”

--How are you planning to be involved in skating in the future?

“I do think that it would be the best to engage in skating but I will think over what I really want to do… Although I don’t know how many years it would take to find it, if I have something I really want to do and if that turned out to be skating, I might be able to repay to the people who have supported me until now. For the time being I think I’m OK to think only about what I want to do and have my own way.”

--A message for your fans.

“To my fans I would just say, “I’m off to go, bye for now”. I’d choose not to say anything when I go.”

--What thought do you have toward the afflicted areas of the quake?

“It started where I wished I also could do something to support them. I have no intention to get my own feelings to reach to them … well, that might have sounded strange, but I am hoping that we can continue this even if it’s unnoticed or unknown. It’s like wishing it would end up supporting them by my doing things as I please, rather than sending something to them. This has been my feeling since the beginning.”

--Do you feel differently to skate in an ice show now that you are a professional skater?

“I can’t feel as a pro skater so much…this is not settled in me yet. I’m skating as a figure skater. This is the same way I felt as I was competing. But when I come back from the US and then I skate, I may feel differently.”

--What thought do you have when you skate in an exhibition?

“Pushing for the best I can do at the time…putting aside whether I really can do well or not. As my feeling goes I make it a point to do my very best to make the audience enjoy. In that sense, I feel no different than before.”

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 _3

Last edited by Twind on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:02 pm

** Interview with Daisuke Takahashi 2, “I want to live for my own sake” **

--You were telling us that you want to continue this next year. In what way you would reflect what you gain in the event next year?

“I am hoping to do (the Charity Performance Event) now. That is my wish, but actually if I can’t feel up to it I just can’t. I don’t believe I should do this in a half-hearted way. I don’t go to the States for a particular agenda or cause. I can’t say anything yet. I would rather live for my own sake than for skating. The feeling toward skating is now as... it’s hard to find how I should put it, I guess I have to have my own way at this point. Once I am through that and then I find that I can continue skating…. Now all is done today and I feel that I have a totally clean slate.”

--Is it the first time you skated to “Fine On The Outside” in front of people?

“First time except the shooting of the film.”

--You took “Omoide no Marnie” that it gives you “courage to take a step ahead”.

“I think I did take a step ahead. The timing for me was just right when I had the offer (of the Collaboration CM film), because I think one needs to take an action to move to the next. I think the movie has many ways to interpret and it’s hard to grasp it simply. You’ve got to help others to move on and I have kept been helped by others instead…”

--What did you learn from skating?

“Skating is simply a source of learning experiences. I could see many people, I could hear different perspectives, it gave me goals and it showed me the world. I have given many thoughts and feelings that I would never have if I wasn’t skating. That’s what it was.”

--When are you leaving for and coming back from studying in the US?

“The plan is…going sometime in this month.”

--Give some message for the Team Japan going for the World Team Trophy.

“WTT team has been changed a lot and makes me feel that the next era has come. To build up a new team will enforce Japanese skaters, so please take a full swing, make a lot of good communication and win.”

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 _4

Have a wonderful Dai Dream!
flower

Last edited by Twind on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:21 pm

I have tears in my eyes, thank you so much Twind for your wonderful translation. Smile

Thank you and Good Luck Dai-chan on your next chapter. I will always support and
wish you the best. It has been a privilege being a fan of such a wonderful young man
who made his fans feel like part of his family. I will miss you!  Sad   I love you
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:27 pm

ilica, thanks for new links - no time to watch now - I'll download and have a look  later.

Twind, thank you so much for translation. Dai exposes himself so honestly, he is not hiding the true fact that now he feels the urgency to part from skating and find his new path in life.

And thanks to you and ilica for pics.. with Nobu... it's not Dai' usual cheerful smile but OMG he is so sweet to melt anyone's heart I love you I love you  

Good Luck, my dear and wonderful boy! For ever supporting you, for ever proud to be your fan, for ever grateful for all the beauty and love you always poured on ice when skating and off-ice simply being "Dai-chan".
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Can't stop:

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Corbis-42-70405957 News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Corbis-42-70405987
News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Corbis-42-70405971 News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Corbis-42-70406015
News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Corbis-42-70406018
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 11:38 pm

ilica.... you and Dai are killing me softly....
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:09 am

^ Very Happy  drunken  ...but what else has left for us to do than to die staring at this beauty...  Sad

Better version of news clip posted before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfKHVxGpL-k&feature=youtu.be

I read on twitter that Shoma and novice skaters were watching very intensely when Dai was performing.
Back to top Go down
jesse.h
1A
1A

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:45 am

oh, my boy, you are one of a kind. I love you soul in every move, i was struck by emotions even through photos, before seeing small bits of video of programs from news. so happy he skated Marnie.
everyone, thank you very much, for videos, translations and live emotions, I almost have a feeling I was there.
good luck in everything, Dai-chan. and it is totally ok to be anxious.Smile i always do before getting into something really new)
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:09 am

Thanks ilica for the video clips and the Dai-gorgeous photos!
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:36 am

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:04 am

ilica, thank you so much for new link!! now I can start my day with a smile!!

Nobu's look when watching his dear friend.... I love you

Doradora san mixed "Marnie" CM with the very few moments of program available on tv news - thank you so much!!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfNE-27N0M&feature=youtu.be

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 30bAInK

Have you all a great Dai-day flower
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 am

Longer tv news - with recap of Dai's career and some glimpses of Dai at AOI party in Zurich

Dai is simply amazing in the backstage drunken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=204&v=CZVIt3vIVls

Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks Pattina!

Now I'm kind of glad that Dai face is not shown when he does the last kiss - it's like this is a secret Last Kiss just between him and his fans...  

PATTINA wrote:

Longer tv news - with recap of Dai's career and some glimpses of Dai at AOI party in Zurich

Dai is simply amazing in the backstage drunken

Absolutely!  drunken  drunken  drunken  
Hope we will see more on Saturday, when AOI is aired in Japan!
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Thank you ilica for your new creation and another love letter to Dai and his fans!!  I love you

I love your choice of music, (as always) and so many of beautiful moments of
Marnie and Kissing.... I'm happy to see you included the very first "Kissing You" in RinSpo.

The name announced the way we won't hear again....

"Takahashi Daisuke san, Kansai Daigaku" (Nationals)
"Takahashi Daisuke san, Nippon." (ISU events)
Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_HoM5xZyP0

News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Lighthair7%20Deep%20Water%203
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Beautiful as usual ilica you have created another gem, loved it!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:58 pm

ilica... no other words than "thank you!!!!!" from the deep of my heart I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:34 am

Thank you for your detailed report Let’s Talk, Pattina for providing Ostile’s review, Twind for the translations and to everyone else for the links and your thoughts.  Ilica you are so talented and I loved your latest video.  You put so much time, effort and thought into your work and you have my mad respect for all that you do. Second special mention to Twind for the amazing picture from Sochi. You all know how I love my Sochi related stuff!

I know it seems like this is the last we will hear from Dai, for awhile, but I am sure we will have some news of him at some point.  

I have mixed feelings about this because as a fan I am saddened that we won’t have weekly news of him but, on the other hand, for his sake it will be nice for him to experience anonymity for awhile.  He will be able to live his life without being hounded for pictures, having people constantly watching him and for the first time in his life he will have some privacy and will experience what it’s like to be a regular person.  

I know he’s probably a bit fearful of the unknown but Dai is such a strong person that there’s no doubt in my mind he will persevere as he always has and will come away from this mini sabbatical with lots of stories and excellent English skills.  I've always found that when switching schools or starting a new job there is always a lot of angst until you are immersed in the new situation. Usually when you have some negative thoughts the experience always turns out to be so much more positive than you had ever thought.  So this is what I wish for him.  A great experience in the U.S. and the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends and the ability to speak English without second guessing himself.  I know he's going to be just fine.

For his fans, there is always Friends on Ice to look forward to.  It will be here before you know it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2015
Page 10 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next