Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)

Go down 
+6
ericacsy
hsuhs
Artemis
Calliope
Leode
miyu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:14 pm

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20100501-00000014-dal-spo.html
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20100430-OHT1T00236.htm
These article said he wanted to ask Shae-Lynn Bourne or she was a candidate.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100501-00000024-sanspo-spo
This article said he revealed he would work with her and wanted her to choreograph a piece of jazz.

He said also "I have wanted to work with her for a long time becuase she has her own unique sense. I want to shart my season from June so I'd like to fix it in May. "

I think the team (Dai-chan and Shae-Lynn) is really great!! IMO, Shae-Lynn is the best dancer on the ice Cool among current professional skaters and Dai-chan is a natural born dancer I love you I love you as we know very well!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Thank you for the quick information, miyu!! Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) Icon_biggrin
I think it's really good news for Daisuke and us, too.
Love her programs, especially Akiko's "West side story" and Shizuka's!! Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) Icon_cheers
Can't wait to see it!! Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) Icon_king

Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Oh wow, it'll be so awesome if they actually do work together! Very Happy I can't wait to see what they come up with!
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:47 pm

YES! Great news. I think they will make magic together!! He'll take her choreography to a whole new level, I am pretty sure of it.

Can't wait for this!!! cheers

Oh and as a side note - his hair looks freaking amazing these days!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:45 pm

I think it has a potential.
Given, as Artemis said, that Daisuke is capable of taking her choreography to a whole new level. I'm looking forward to seeing what the two produce flower bounce

On a different note, if Daisuke's season starts in June, and they work on the choreo in May, is there still a chance for him to have that long-awaited vacation?
Back to top Go down
ericacsy
1A
1A

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Not sure if I should start a new topic, but here're the new proposals made to FSU by the technical committees (not JSU in particular) that will have a great chance of being passed (for more analysis on that please see the Mao thread)

Source: http://maoasada.logu2.com/mao-chat-f5/mao-news-post-olympics-heading-to-the-new-season-t631-525.htm

Quote:
wallylutz@goldenskate.com

This is just in this morning, I am still in shock re: a number of changes that are being proposed. There are so many changes, even I haven't been able to digest all of it. But I thought some of you would be extremely interested to know a few major ones that are coming up, especially if you are a Mao or Yu Na fan.

- Ladies will now be allowed to do a Triple Axel in lieu of a Double Axel in the SHORT PROGRAM

I certainly didn't see this coming, as do many other observers.

In addition, the SP will now consist of 7 required elements, as opposed to 8. Men will be doing only 1 step sequence instead of two. Spiral Sequence will now be removed as a required element for ladies in the SP but will be considered as part of transitions if executed. This change will presumably increase the weight of jumps overall, favoring someone like Brian Joubert for example whose relative poor step sequences hold him back against Chan or Takahashi.

Separate proposal is being made to give a 10% bonus base value for jumps done in a jump combination. For example, Triple Lutz Triple Toe has a Base Value of 6 4 = 10. Under the new proposal, it will now receive a 10% bonus for a total base value of 11, prior to the application of GOE.

Another big change is that men will now be allowed to try two different types of Quads in the SP. Previously, if a skater did, say a Quad Salchow Triple Toe as a jump combo, he will not be able to do another Quad as a solo jump, even if that Quad is not a Salchow. The proposed change will now allow the said skater to do another Quad as a solo jump provided that it is a different type of Quad. This change will likely push men who are able and willing to include two Quads in the SP. Such change will greatly favor men like Kevin Reynolds who consistently lands two different types of Quads, he will be delighted by this kind of change. But I expect more men will now try to do another Quad other than the Toe Loop as well, this is potentially huge for men.

- No change to the number of elements performed or maximum allowed in the Free Skate but the second Step Sequence for Men will now receive a fixed base value ( ), same goes for the Spiral Sequence in the Free Skate for Ladies

- Spiral Sequence (Ladies) in the FS will now have an All or Nothing clause if the requirement is not fully met

This can be potentially be quite serious and scary IMO because it used to be you will still get some points even if the element is downgraded, but someone like Mirai Nagasu who has had trouble meeting all the requirements in her Spiral could see that element be given a zero for instance.

- Double Axel can only be performed a maximum of two times in the Free Skate, as opposed to three

This last change will hurt someone like Yu-Na Kim the most, who heavily relies on three Double Axels to compensate for the lack of a Triple Loop.

- Moves in the field will now be given extra attention in order to reward transitions

Honestly, a vague clause like this will continued to be ignored in practice and someone like Plushenko will continue to receive outrageous transition marks inconsistent with his level of skating

There will also be a cap on the number of actual entries into the World Championships and all skaters must meet a minimum total score internationally in order to be eligible to enter into the Worlds by their federation. Qualifying Round for certain lower rank skaters will be re-introduced so that top skaters will not have to qualify like before.

There is a lot of changes, I am summarizing the major highlights to give you guys a heads up.

one step sequence only?? gosh, I'm feeling desperate if that's the case Sad as much fun as quads are exciting to watch... Dai's steps are always the highlight of his programs Sad
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks for the info, miyu! If Dai wants to work with someone new (ie. not Kenji Miyamoto or Pasquale Camerlengo), I'm glad it's Shae-Lynn. Very Happy

As for all the changes suggested, not only might there be only one step sequence for the men in the SP, but the 2nd step sequence in the LP would have a fixed base value (=no level) and only the GOE would be decided by the judges... I'm not sure yet if it's a good or bad thing...
I like the idea of giving the 10% extra value to jumps after 2mn in the SP and to all combos.

The official announcement is here, by the way (202 pages!):
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1859
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm

I hate the proposals regarding the step sequences. Neutral I think it'll definitely hurt Daisuke a lot if they get passed. What are the men supposed to do in place of a second step sequence in the SP? More transitions? Moves in the field?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:46 pm

There are so many proposals. They make my head hurt. Neutral I have not read all of them but of course we are looking at how they will hurt our favorite skaters. And the possible elimination of one of the step sequences in the SP will hurt Daisuke.

Limiting the max amount of 2A's to 2 in the FS will hurt Yuna (and all the middle-level skaters).

Giving a 10% bonus for jumps in a combination will benefit Laura for sure.

We'll see how many of these get passed. Surprised

The most drastic for the smaller federations are definitely these:

Worlds and Junior Worlds
Singles: 30 (Short Program) = 18 (direct entries) + 12 (QR)
Pairs: 20 (Short Program) = 12 (direct entries) + 8 (QR)
Ice Dance: 25 (Short Dance) = 15 (direct entries) + 10 (QR)

Free Skate/Dance
Singles: top 20 after Short Program (10 cut from SP)
Pairs: top 16 after Short Program (4 cut from SP)
Ice Dance: top 16 after Short Dance (9 cut from SD)
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Well, I hope they don't get rid of the second step sequence in the SP. Because, frankly, steps are one of the most exciting elements in mens. (Jumps are exciting too, but they happen so fast).

Besides, compared to, say, TRs, step sequences are more or less objective.

I'm sure Daisuke will adjust to whatever is necessary, though.
Back to top Go down
malo42
1A
1A

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:12 am

Calliope wrote:
I hate the proposals regarding the step sequences. Neutral I think it'll definitely hurt Daisuke a lot if they get passed. What are the men supposed to do in place of a second step sequence in the SP? More transitions? Moves in the field?
I hate it too Sad I'm really worried it'll hurt Daisuke. I love Dai's step sequences and I'd be sad to see less of them or to see them counted for less than they deserve.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:55 am

Hi Everyone:
I can not wait to see what Shay-lyn and Daisuke come up with.

Here's what she did for Shizuka. Just magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJX28lew4h4&feature=related

I also hope that Dai keeps Kenji for his short program.
Here's his work for Shizuka using Japanese theme.
Just stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt720YWw4PY&feature=related

I am particularly looking forward to see Dai's quick and powerful steps to Japanese drums!
Here's the example of yukina ota, the last straight line step is really great,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2DzyU8TJwE
Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
1A
1A
alyssa

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm

I wonder if she'll choreography the SP or LP. I hope she can bring out the best for him according to the new rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)   Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010) Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne. (?) (May 1.2010)
Page 1 of 1