Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?

Go down 
+11
swandie
miyu
Calliope
Artemis
sanseki
Genki
hsuhs
MissC
glorydave
Euphoria
Leode
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

1)Short Program "eye" by coba
What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 34% [ 21 ]
2)Free Program "La Strada" by Nino Rota
What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 36 ]
3)Exhibition "LUV LETTER" by DJ OKAWARI
What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 62

AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:23 pm

sanseki wrote:
I didn't mean I don't enjoy his programs. I wrote about my feelings when I compare them with previous.
Thank you for sharing your impression with us, sanseki!! Very Happy
I agree with you. My favorites were Rachmaninov and Tango de Roxane(SP and EX). I think there was chemistry between them and it was lost..... Sad

Perhaps it's a nice time to introduce Pasquare Camerlengo's interview about Dai-chan.
I can't stop watching Dai-chan's "La strada" in NHK!! I'm still watching it again and again.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

From World Figure Skating Oct. 2009 No.39

Q: Please tell me your impression as a choreographer when you saw him the first time.

P: It's a dream of all choreographers to work with a skater like him. Because he has ability to actualize our image.
I think such as his program "Tango de Roxane" was wonderfully choreographed. But the reason why that was so great is because he skated it. If some another skater skated it, it wouldn't be like that.
When I saw first time he skated the hip-hop swan, I was angry with the judges, angry about why none of them gave him 10 points, full mark. They gave him 7 or 7.5, but then who else could perform better than him?
Anjelika told me one morning thatI had an email that Daisuke wanted me to chorepgraph a program. At that time I thought she joked me. Daisuke is an ideal skater for me that much.

Q: What do you think of his good points and bad points?

P: Probably his good point is that he is one of the most talented skaters ever. He has high technical skills like jumps, good sense of music and brilliant expression ability. He can do everything with beauty. All he has to do is to show all of him keeping his concentration in an actual competition. But I can't say it isn't counted as a bad point, because every human being would be nervous in an actual occasion. This is what he has to learn from his experiences and I can't teach him it.

I suppose Pasquare said these nice things because he was interviewed by a Japanese magazine but it's still nice to hear these words from Dai-chan's choreographer.flower
Pasquare is a very lucky person, now he got a chance to work with another dream skater, Jeremy Abbott!! Cool

BTW....
hsuhs wrote:
(have you seen his recent 3A+4T combo?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVM8NB27WI
Wow, it's crazy!!! affraid affraid affraid drunken
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:38 am

Thank you for yet another translation, miyu flower
(It's like you have an extra part-time job as a forum translator! Embarassed I do know how much time it takes to translate a lengthy text)

miyu wrote:
When I saw first time he skated the hip-hop swan, I was angry with the judges, angry about why none of them gave him 10 points, full mark. They gave him 7 or 7.5, but then who else could perform better than him?

He said those nice words not just about a skater he likes and respects, but also about other choreographer's work. Wow, you don't see things like that very often in figure skating. Professional jealousy, verbal venom, dissing comments, or just pretending to pay no attention to what one's colleagues do - there is plenty of that. Compliments are rare.

And I agree with him about Daisuke's skating to Swan Lake deserving some seriously high marks. Because it's one of a kind.

I think "La strada" has a potential to shine one day. But for that (and for receiving some really awesome TES and PCS), IMO, it needs to be close to flawless. Which isn't easy, but doable. My only concerns are: time and the blades.
Back to top Go down
sanseki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Thanks a lot for the translation, miyu Smile

hsuhs wrote:

I think that the chances of Daisuke ever working with Morozov again (in the future), are close to zero. Won't happen.

Yes, I realize that too and it makes me so sad Sad

hsuhs wrote:
I think "La strada" has a potential to shine one day.
I hope it will at the Olympics in Vancouver and WCh Smile
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:04 pm

hsuhs wrote:

In my opinion, every top skater possesses certain qualities and skills, that make him unique in the fans' eyes. Plushenko, for instance, is a 'jump-machine' bounce (have you seen his recent 3A+4T combo?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVM8NB27WI
affraid Wow, I think he is trying to intimidate his competitors! Wink Hopefully he will not get injured in the process. That is a pretty crazy combination.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:37 am

Finally, I made up my mind.

I voted for "eye"
This is the most difficult question I've ever been asked by anyone, because I really love all his programs of this season "eye"
"La Strada" "Luv letter".
Maybe I'm the rare fan here who awfully hated both of his programs of 07-08 season, Hiphop Swan Lake and R&J.
Especially everytime I watched Swan Lake, I thought "Oh, it's good and commercial, great chance to let people know Daisuke's name.
Good for skating fans who even don't recognize Daisuke. But this is not the one to let them know how Daisuke skates beautifully.
He doesn't need this kind of commercial trick."
Honestly, Bachelorette EX was the only one I truly loved at that season.

So, I'm feeling like I'm in heaven now.
This season's programs help to show Daisuke's every aspect of attraction on his skating.
As for "eye", IMO, this program has EVERYTHING. Daisuke's speed, skilled techniques more than ever, wonderful body movement, matureness,
both soft&elegant and hard&sexy style. And shows his musicality fully.

But I prefer his "eye" costume he wore at 08DOI and Skate Canada tongue
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 am

Even after five competitions, I still can't pick between Eye and La Strada! I really love them both. They're very different, but both do a wonderful job of showing off Daisuke's strong points. I'm especially impressed at how Daisuke has improved his expression in both programs as the season has progressed -- Eye at GPF and La Strada at Nationals really blew me away in that respect. I don't know if I will be able to pick between the two ultimately (like I could never pick between Tango de Roxanne and Rachmaninov in 05-06), but maybe I'll change my mind after the Olympics.

I wanted to ask though, what does everyone think of Luv Letter? I didn't like it that much when he debuted it, but it's gradually grown on me, and now I can say that I rather like it. So far I've liked it best at Skate Canada and MOI. The live performance of the music at MOI was a little unfortunate (the instruments sounded out of tune or something Neutral), but it seems that Daisuke skated it with more power than in past performances.

But even though I've come to like Luv Letter, I can't help but feel that it doesn't have as much impact as his past exhibitions. While watching MOI, I was reminded of MOI in 2006 when he completely brought the house down with Nocturne and Tango de Roxanne. He was good this year too, but I feel like even when skated very well, Luv Letter only makes me think, "That was really good!" rather than "Wow, that was absolutely AMAZING!!" It's not because it's not a crowd-rousing program that gets everyone excited; Nocturne wasn't either and yet I thought Nocturne had much more impact.

If Daisuke places high enough to perform in the exhibition at the Olympics, I kind of hope he'll perform something else, something more "Olympic worthy"... Though of course, he needs to focus on perfecting his competition programs first and foremost, so he probably won't have time to work on another exhibition program. At any rate, I probably shouldn't ask for too much and should just try my best to enjoy whatever he puts out there. Smile
Back to top Go down
ikoimai
1A
1A

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 pm

I like the olympic verson of La Strada quite much, especially he changed the clothes which make him has a clown's characteristic. However, I really want to see a clean verson of this programme...... so far this season, Skate Canada performed the best I think. And I just wondered why he changed the position of jumping Quad. in Olympic, he jumped quad. at exactly opposite position all this season untill Olympic...
Back to top Go down
blacksugarbomb
1A
1A
blacksugarbomb

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 am

I can't pick between Eye and La Strada too!!
I think that Eye and La Strada shows off different sides of Daisuke; but I have to say La Strada has really smart choreography, so I voted for La Strada hahaha~
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 pm

Gotta be Eye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2