Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?

Go down 
+11
swandie
miyu
Calliope
Artemis
sanseki
Genki
hsuhs
MissC
glorydave
Euphoria
Leode
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

1)Short Program "eye" by coba
What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Vote_lcap34%What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Vote_rcap
 34% [ 21 ]
2)Free Program "La Strada" by Nino Rota
What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Vote_lcap58%What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Vote_rcap
 58% [ 36 ]
3)Exhibition "LUV LETTER" by DJ OKAWARI
What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Vote_lcap8%What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 62

AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Empty
PostSubject: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:11 pm

What is your most favorite program 2007-2008 season?
2009-2010シーズンのあなたの好きな高橋選手のプログラムは?
SP, FP, EXの中から一つ選んで下さいね。 What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_biggrin

1)Short Program "eye" by coba
2)Free Program "La Strada" by Nino Rota
3)Exhibition "LUV LETTER" by DJ OKAWARI
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:02 pm

"Eye".
It was hard to choose though but I have very special feelings for Kenji's creative piece of art Smile
Back to top Go down
http://reborn-euphoria.livejournal.com
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:22 pm

It's difficult to say... Rolling Eyes
I've to see them again in the season...
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 pm

I prefered the SP at the Finlandia Trophy, but I think that by December/February La Strada will be phenomenal, so I went with it. That program is a gem, I'm so thankful to Pasquale Camerlengo! Cool

(I don't really like Luv Letter...)
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm

I'd love to vote in this poll, but I just can't make up my mind between the 3.

'Eye', which we saw for the first time more than a year ago, was special, because it later gave us hope when we needed it the most. Starting November 2008 it kept us, Daisuke's fans, going and believing in a happy end. sunny

'La strada' was challenging for Daisuke, because he had to learn new and 'embarrassing' moves! Embarassed It ended up being absolutely amazing and charming. And that bedroom hair suits Daisuke so well, IMO! geek

I love his 'Luv letter' because it's so exotic and paradoxically understated at the same time. I also loved the kimono inspired costume, since I had always secretly hoped to see a pic of him wearing a kimono. I love you
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 am

I love "eye" the best!! Choreograph by Kenji is so unique and I believe that Dai is the best skater who can DANCE it, not just skate it.

I missed the part that Dai stops movement completely just before going to the second step sequence. It gave much stronger impact to the second sequence.

BTW, I just wonder why Plusescho can score 9th in PCS with that shallow edge. What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_rolleyes What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_rolleyes If that is 9, Dai"s should be 10. What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_bounce What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_bounce

What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? 543775
Back to top Go down
sanseki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:39 pm

I love "eye". But I think his programs in 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 were more interesting, with awesome choreography and amazing difficult and speedy steps.... Well, Morozov is one of the best choreographers...
In "Eye" and "La strada" his step sequences are slow Sad, IMO....
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Sanseki,
Oh come on! Give Kenji and Camerlengo some credits. They are very talented choreographers, if only not so PR'ed yet. Morozov does - how many - 200 routines a year? And just two or three of them are really great and special. I agree, Dai's Swan Lake was a piece of art. But Romeo and Juliet didn't suit him at all, too heavy for his frame and mental feeling. These two routines, Eye and La Strada, suit him perfectly. And they aren't slow, steps just fit the music rhythm. It doesn't mean that stepsequences are easier.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:17 pm

I can't choose yet. Right now "Eye" is the favorite but I just have the feeling "La Strada" will be really amazing when the big competitions come up. I can totally see it being a Olympic Gold medal program. I'll vote after Skate Canada. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:47 am

Hi everyone! I don't know if anyone here still remembers me; it's been two years since I last posted on this board. I've been really busy in real life and haven't followed skating very much the past two seasons. But I've been trying to keep up more this season, and I still read this board all the time, so I figured I might as well start posting again.

Anyway, I like both Eye and La Strada so far. I think both pieces of music suit him really well (much better than R&J last year, I never warmed up to that program). I do have some slight criticisms, though. I preferred the layout for Eye when he skated it at DOI 2008 (I liked that not all the jumps were done in the beginning then), and I'm a little disappointed that the layout for La Strada seems almost exactly the same as his LPs the past two seasons. I can't exactly remember what the layout was for R&J, but if I recall correctly, it was very similar to Phantom, and I think La Strada has this layout too. But I guess I can't really blame him for sticking to that layout; it works for him and has been proven to maximize points when he skates it to its potential.

I do really like the choreography in La Strada, though. I watched the Sports Tairiku documentary yesterday, and they showed parts from the movie that matched with his program. It's still a work in progress, and I'm sure it'll be amazing by the Olympics. Smile
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:57 am

Hi, Calliope!
Great to have you back on board Very Happy

Calliope wrote:
I'm a little disappointed that the layout for La Strada seems almost exactly the same as his LPs the past two seasons. I can't exactly remember what the layout was for R&J, but if I recall correctly, it was very similar to Phantom, and I think La Strada has this layout too.

It's easy to check since there is protocols on the isu site. As to R&J, one of the layouts included a 4T and a 4T+2T combo.
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:26 am

Yeah, I know the jumps were different last season because they included quads, but the overall layout is still very similar (three jumping passes, spin, circular step sequence, five jumping passes, spins, straightline step sequence, spin). But wait a minute... I'm looking at the FS protocols for this season compared to last season, and I noticed that there are only three spins in the FS now! Last year and before everyone was doing four, right? Did the rules change?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:46 am

Yes they did. I thought it was done to allow more time in the programs for the 'artistiques'. It's been a while, I don't remeber the exact wording.

The BVs and goes for some jumps have changed, too.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Welcome to DTFF, sanseki!! flower
And Calliope, it's so nice to see you here again!! cheers cheers

sanseki wrote:
In "Eye" and "La strada" his step sequences are slow , IMO....
At least you have to give "La Strada" another chance Wink Wink because Dai-chan couldn't sell the program at all in Finlandia. In fact he said it was "zero" compared to what he wanted to do.

Calliope wrote:
I'm a little disappointed that the layout for La Strada seems almost exactly the same as his LPs the past two seasons.

I'm afraid almost all of the point-wise element layouts are similar to each other nowadays. Neutral Like 3 jumps in the first half and then cist/slst and 5 jumps in the second half.
It's intersing to see Brian did 4 jumps and Plushenko did 5 jumps in the first half. Cool Cool

Artemis wrote:
I'll vote after Skate Canada.
Me too! Wink albino
Back to top Go down
sanseki
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 4:24 pm

miyu wrote:
At least you have to give "La Strada" another chance Wink Wink because Dai-chan couldn't sell the program at all in Finlandia. In fact he said it was "zero" compared to what he wanted to do.
You were right, this time "La Strada" was much better Wink.
But anyway, last few years his programs were very special. Beautiful, lovely, full of energy, high speed, with awesome choreography, fast and amazing steps.
But now... something is missing. In comparison with previous programs, these two are not so bright, they're much more usual I'm afraid. And he becomes... like others. It's very very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 4:40 pm

sanseki wrote:
But now... something is missing. In comparison with previous programs, these two are not so bright, they're much more usual I'm afraid. And he becomes... like others. It's very very sad Sad

Sanseki, I'm sorry to hear that. I think you shouldn't push yourself into liking Daisuke's programs, if you don't enjoy them anymore. It won't work, (I'm speaking from my experience with other skaters).

But, by the last few years, do you mean the programs choreographed by Morozov? Or did you also like Daisuke pre-Morozov?
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 am

Sanseki, I'm surprised you think Daisuke's programs this year are such a huge change from his Morozov programs. Because I actually feel the opposite way. There are definite differences between his programs this year and his previous programs, but I still feel like there are a lot of similarities. Like Eye reminds me of Tango de Roxanne in some ways (well one because they're both tangos obviously), but Eye is less frantic. There's no doubt that the step sequences Morozov choreographed for Daisuke were brilliant, but even if the steps aren't as fast this year I still think they match the music really well (I especially like the circular step sequence in Eye). That's one good point about his programs this year I think, they're much less frenetic and are smoother overall, but you can still see Daisuke's intensity through them.

And I think La Strada is a unique program, though the reception to it seems to be rather hit or miss from what I've read on other boards. Some people don't think the comical route suits him, but La Strada is more than just comedy -- Daisuke said he wants to portray the four human emotions 喜怒哀楽 (joy, anger, sorrow, and humor) in the program, and I think if he develops it more and skates it cleanly in the future we will really be able to see that. Again, I much prefer to this program to R&J because I felt like that was just a really generic program that was beneath Daisuke's abilities.

At any rate, I think the basic qualities that make Daisuke's skating special still shine through his programs this year, which is why even with different choreographers I don't feel like Daisuke has changed dramatically in some way. I think this is a good thing though, because sometimes when skaters decide to change their style or try something really different, it ends up not working out so well. (Take Johnny Weir, for example. I don't think any of his programs post-2006 have done a great job of highlighting his strengths, which is unfortunate. Neutral) But everyone has a different opinion, so like hsuhs said if you really don't enjoy Daisuke's programs this year you probably shouldn't try to force yourself to.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:16 am

Calliope wrote:
Again, I much prefer to this program to R&J because I felt like that was just a really generic program that was beneath Daisuke's abilities.
I agree with you very much. I thought R&J was very generic and that his skating qualities were the only thing making it good. Neutral

When it comes to "La strada" I was surprised to read on FSU that some didn't think it suited him being comical (unlike Oda in Chaplin) - that he should do more dramatic programs. I don't share that opinion. I think it suits him very well and he is really good at it. I think when he gets more competitions under his belt and time with this program, it will be a master piece. Very Happy

Calliope wrote:

(Take Johnny Weir, for example. I don't think any of his programs post-2006 have done a great job of highlighting his strengths, which is unfortunate. Neutral)
Again, I agree with you. I think all of Johnny's programs and costumes have looked the exact same since 2006 and it is a shame. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:55 am

I can't pick a favorite just yet but I'm leaning towards La Strada. Despite the jump mistakes, I actually enjoyed the program this weekend because he stayed committed to it. I think I'll be able to make a choice after Skate Canada.

Artemis wrote:

When it comes to "La strada" I was surprised to read on FSU that some didn't think it suited him being comical (unlike Oda in Chaplin) - that he should do more dramatic programs. I don't share that opinion. I think it suits him very well and he is really good at it. I think when he gets more competitions under his belt and time with this program, it will be a master piece. Very Happy

I agree La Strada is good for Dai. It's different but he's doing very well with it. Maybe it's something he's been wanting to try but he wasn't able to until now. He seems to be having a lot of fun with it. I think people have gotten so used to seeing Dai with more serious, dramatic, and edgy programs that they don't want to see him do something more lighthearted. Lighthearted is for the cute ones, like Nobunari (although there's nothing cute and lighthearted about his short program). Daisuke's definitely not seen as the "cute one". He is the "bad boy", the edgy one so a lighthearted program like La Strada doesn't fit Daisuke in the minds of some people.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Wow, it's sound very familiar! What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_biggrin Before 2 years ago, I remember that some people didn't think "The Phantom of the Opera" suited Daisuke because it's too serious, dramatic and edgy program. What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_lol

Anyway, I love "La Strada". Why did he choose this tune? I hear that his long term coach Utako Nagamitsu likes this. And Daisuke is hoping that he makes her cry with her joy at Olympic Games. Because she never cry about his program. What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I can't choose one yet, too. But I'm leaning toward "Luv Letter". I love you

sanseki wrote:
You were right, this time "La Strada" was much better.
Good news! Cool I hope you will come to like "La Strada" much more as the season goes on!! Very Happy

Please think of his Phantom of the Opera in Campbell or Skate Canada in 2006. I think his La Strada is still on the same stage of progress in those competition. Interestingly, he had skating shoes problem at that time back in 2006, too. After finding the good ones, he won NHK/JNC and placed 2nd in GPF/WC.

Artemis wrote:
When it comes to "La strada" I was surprised to read on FSU that some didn't think it suited him being comical (unlike Oda in Chaplin) - that he should do more dramatic programs.

swandie wrote:
I think people have gotten so used to seeing Dai with more serious, dramatic, and edgy programs that they don't want to see him do something more lighthearted.
People are funny. Laughing Laughing When a skater keeps their style consistently (like Brian or Johnny), people complain about it. Then a skater courageously is going to try new expression, people have something to say. Rolling Eyes
Just one thing. I'm afraid La Strada's costume doesn't work well with the music..... More clownish/comical or poverish costume will suit it better. Neutral What do you think about it???

BTW, according to Dai-chan and Kenji, the image of "eye" is "erotic gentleman"!! albino drunken
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
1A
1A
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 pm

miyu wrote:

Just one thing. I'm afraid La Strada's costume doesn't work well with the music..... More clownish/comical or poverish costume will suit it better. Neutral What do you think about it???

Like I said earlier this season, I'd thought it should be more grunge. I'd prefer it that way. And not black, for crying out loud! Very Happy

miyu wrote:

BTW, according to Dai-chan and Kenji, the image of "eye" is "erotic gentleman"!! albino drunken

Oh really? Guess, Dai's pretty good at showing us this image Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Leode wrote:
Anyway, I love "La Strada". Why did he choose this tune? I hear that his long term coach Utako Nagamitsu likes this. And Daisuke is hoping that he makes her cry with her joy at Olympic Games. Because she never cry about his program.
Awww... if it were possible, this would make me love the program even more!
Back to top Go down
sanseki
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:21 pm

hsuhs wrote:
I think you shouldn't push yourself into liking Daisuke's programs, if you don't enjoy them anymore.
I didn't mean I don't enjoy his programs. I wrote about my feelings when I compare them with previous.
But if I'll compare them with Plushenko's & co free programs, I have to say that Daisuke's are incredibly amazing, imho.
(I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings. I'm really really sorry if I did. That's just in my opinion)

hsuhs wrote:
But, by the last few years, do you mean the programs choreographed by Morozov? Or did you also like Daisuke pre-Morozov?
Yes, I like the programs choreographed by Morozov. Daisuke has a great talent, Morozov is also very talented choreographer and when two so talented men work together as a result you can see a pieces of art Smile.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:47 am

sanseki wrote:
I didn't mean I don't enjoy his programs. I wrote about my feelings when I compare them with previous.
My apologies for misinterpreting your words, sanseki Embarassed flower
sanseki wrote:
But if I'll compare them with Plushenko's & co free programs, I have to say that Daisuke's are incredibly amazing, imho.
In my opinion, every top skater possesses certain qualities and skills, that make him unique in the fans' eyes. Plushenko, for instance, is a 'jump-machine' bounce (have you seen his recent 3A+4T combo?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVM8NB27WI

His fans love him for doing those difficult jumps and combo's.

Daisuke, as I see it, tries to be a well-rounded skater, which isn't easy, either.
sanseki wrote:
(I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings. I'm really really sorry if I did. That's just in my opinion)
Can't talk for everyone, but you didn't hurt my feelings for sure.
sanseki wrote:
Yes, I like the programs choreographed by Morozov. Daisuke has a great talent, Morozov is also very talented choreographer and when two so talented men work together as a result you can see a pieces of art Smile.
Well... there is no denial to the fact that Nikolai Morozov is a really talented choreographer. But so much have been said and done since their break-up, that I'm afraid, the point of no-return had been reached long ago.

Yes, their collaboration bore fruit. Daisuke became successful with Nikolai. I'm forever thankful to Nikolai for creating Cyber Swan and POTO, among other things. But.. then came the rest (worse, it keeps coming). That is why I think that the chances of Daisuke ever working with Morozov again (in the future), are close to zero. No matter how talented those two are. Won't happen.

Besides, Daisuke needed to try something new. To grow, to develop as a skater. And I think he's been doing pretty OK in that regard.

And if you miss Nikolai's choreo, you can always watch Nobunari Oda, Miki Ando, Daisuke Murakami or even Javier Fernandez (who seems to develop into a passionate expressive skater). It's all out there, just one click away on youtube cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?   What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next