Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke's latest news?

Go down 
+10
champs
Roko
Leode
hsuhs
miyu
glorydave
SoMiTripleAxel
swandie
Yshion
miki
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Daisuke's latest news? Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi everyone, I found this blog entry by accident - has anyone seen Daisuke on NHK news on Feb 12? I'm also searching for the news clip on the internet but unable to find any.

http://challengespirit.blog80.fc2.com/blog-entry-483.html

It said:

"Daisuke Takahashi was interviewed on NHK evening news on Feb 12:
He's still on rehab, but he'll start skating next month then around in May he'll begin more serious trainings for the next season/the Vancouver Olympics."

Next month! Very Happy

"He also said he could rebuild/retrain his body from scratch again as the injury gave him some downtime, he can run more easily than before."

So he can run already! Very Happy

"He had imbalanced leg mascles strength (btw. left/right legs)- but they have been corrected now. Maybe he won't be able to do certain movements that he could do before, but at the same time he may be able to do other movements that he couldn't do before. So he's looking forward to getting on the ice."

It all sounds good to me. Good luck to him!

If anyone has seen the news, please share!
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi, miki. Thank you for the thread!

I've just found this article now.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/flash/KFullFlash20090214090.html
http://sports.nikkei.co.jp/index.aspx?n=SSXKG0327%2014022009

Daisuke Takahashi back on the ice in March

On February 14, Utako Nagamitsu, who coaches Daisuke Takahashi of Men's figure skating, revealed a perspective plan
about Takahashi saying " He will be able to start basic training (on the ice) from March."

At present, Takahashi goes to hospital and train weekdays from 9 in the morning to 6 in the evening.
Coach Nagamitsu says "It's a good chance to rebuild his muscle that had been biased for only figure skating.
His goal is the Olympics, so we want to get back (to skate) with building up his physique so that
he won't fear for injury again, in no hurry."

It sounds Daisuke's rehab is quite going well as it had been scheduled.
I hope he keeps a good condition and will be able to get back on the ice next month!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks miki and Yshion! This is really great news! I'm glad to hear that Daisuke's rehab is going well and that he'll be back on the ice soon.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
SoMiTripleAxel
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 2:38 am

Yeey! All sounds great! Good luck Dai-chan Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureskatingblogfreak.blogspot.com/
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Thank you miki and Yshion for the great news! Very Happy
I'm so happy to read this! It seems that Daisuke'rehabilitation is going very well.
I'm sure that after his return to the ice Daisuke will be even more motivated!
Go Daisuke! cheers
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:34 am

Thanks a lot, miki and Yshion!! Very Happy Very Happy

I'm really happy to hear that his rehab is going well and he will able to be back on the ice and start basic trainings next month!! cheers cheers

Quote :
His goal is the Olympics, so we want to get back (to skate) with building up his physique so that he won't fear for injury again, in no hurry.
Thank you, Utako-sensei!! I love you

I missed the brodcast which Miki taught us (because it was a Kansai local news), but this might be the same content.

Next Sunday NHK will broadcast "Road to Vancouver: Daisuke Takahashi In hopes of coming back" as a part of "Sunday Spots" (10:15pm-11:05pm 22th).
http://www.nhk.or.jp/dospo-sunday2/yokoku/yokoku_sun.html
It would be a few minutes report. So don't expect too much!! Razz Razz

GO DAI-CHAN!! cheers cheers

PS. It's a bit late to say but... Happy Birthday, hsuhs!! flower flower
I found your birthday was coming soon last week but I missed the day... pale
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Last edited by hsuhs on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong done quoting wish i could delete this entry)
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Thank you miki, Yshion and miyu!

Those are wise words from Mrs. Nagamitsu. And I'm looking forward to watch that TV special even if it's only a very short report.

miyu wrote:
PS. It's a bit late to say but... Happy Birthday, hsuhs!! flower flower
I found your birthday was coming soon last week but I missed the day... pale
Thank you, miyu! Thank you! flower I had a really nice birthday. My hubby turned that day into something special, he's such a sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Hi, DTFF members!! Very Happy
Here is Daisuke's latest interview from Japanese TV program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r06YB1PwsiE

Ganbare!! DAISUKE!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Thank you for the link, Leode I love you

I've watched it, sounds like a great interview. Daisuke looks so mature, so determined Cool
At the risk of being a bit pushy, may I suggest someone translates it. Please?
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Thanks for the link, Leode but I can't watch it. It says it's a private video and I don't have an account on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 pm

swandie wrote:
It says it's a private video and I don't have an account on YouTube.

You're right, swandie! The owner must have changed the viewing settings for the vid! I guess I was just lucky. I have an account, but can't watch it now.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:08 am

hsuhs wrote:
swandie wrote:
It says it's a private video and I don't have an account on YouTube.

You're right, swandie! The owner must have changed the viewing settings for the vid! I guess I was just lucky. I have an account, but can't watch it now.

I've an account too, but I can't watch it...
Maybe someone will upload it again Rolling Eyes ...
Back to top Go down
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:36 am

Hi all,

I put English Subtitles to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPNkZ-NQj0

Sorry for poor resolution and poor translation. I wanted to put more time on this video, but I have no time now.

Last edited by Roko on Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revised url. I uploaded revised video. Better resolution and better subtitles. (Mar 7, 2009))
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:39 am

Thanks so much Roko! I appreciate your work very much.
Back to top Go down
champs
1A
1A
champs

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:47 am

Thanks Roko for the time you devoted to the translation.
I also uploaded my videos in the Video section of this forum just in case.

As for the interview itself, it might be just me but I got an impression that Daisuke looked a bit tired. Maybe he just had a tough rehab just prior to the interview or something. But still, good to see him on TV again!

Last edited by champs on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wroong spelling corrected)
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:18 am

Roko, champs! cheers sunny

Guys, you're the greatest. I was worried about the vid and started looking for alternative options, but wow you guys were fast! Thank you! flower drunken
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:21 am

Arigato gozaimashita, Roko! cheers

And wow, way to go, Dai-chan!! Great spirit!
I can't wait to see you again on the ice!
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:45 am

Thank you so much, Roko! Very Happy Very Happy

GO DAISUKE!!!
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:02 am

I've now watched Roko's video a couple of times, and one suggestion made by the program makers kind of .... puzzled me.

It was the following:
Quote :
While he was in hospital, something good happened to motivate him to skate. Messages from his fans all over Japan, hoping his come back.

But it's probably just me.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 am

hsuhs wrote:
I've now watched Roko's video a couple of times, and one suggestion made by the program makers kind of .... puzzled me.

It was the following:
Quote :
While he was in hospital, something good happened to motivate him to skate. Messages from his fans all over Japan, hoping his come back.

But it's probably just me.

I was a little confused too. Maybe they said that because all the messages were ultimately sent to him in Japanese and they didn't know that some came from other countries. Or...maybe he never got ours??

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If he did get our messages, he knows that fans from all over are thinking of him and that's the important part.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:29 am

swandie wrote:
I was a little confused too. Maybe they said that because all the messages were ultimately sent to him in Japanese and they didn't know that some came from other countries. Or...maybe he never got ours??

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If he did get our messages, he knows that fans from all over are thinking of him and that's the important part.

Yes, that's what I meant by that, swandie. Many and many people from many countries were worried about Daisuke and are now wishing him well and waiting for him to come back, as I read not only on this board but other boards too. I sincerely hope he knows that he's admired and appreciated in his homeland as well as in other countries.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank you for the vid, Roko and champs!

hsuhs and swandie, I know what you're talking about and it surely made you confused by the words "all over Japan".
Actually, I felt those words NHK used in this program are even inappropriate.

I'm not sure if this eases you...but in the latest magazine "Passion 2009 -Men's single skaters photobook-"published in Japan on February 18,
a related person of Daisuke (I guess this person is someone from his agency or JSF, just my GUESS) said
"We send him ALL the letters sent by his fans. He's got a (I can't specify if it's only "a" or more numbers from this original Japanese)
corrugated carton full of letters and they make him encouraged a lot. By having had an injury this time, he may be feeling again that
he is supported by many, all sorts of people."

So, I think (hope) all the messages from his fans all over the world reached him and he knows many people from other countries support him Wink

As for the vid, I'm really happy to see him so vigorous!
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:56 pm

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to make such a great video, Roko! Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks you very much, champs too! Very Happy Very Happy

It was a great joy to see his rehabilitation going very well. His recovery was more rapid than what I expected. Wow, he can run with all speed already!! Shocked cheers And I glad to know he takes one step to another patiently, not rushing things.
I was surprised by what he said about his surgery: "I was told that I could do 80% to 90% without surgery". He was very brave to choose the surgery... I believe that was a right decision and I hope it will be soon proved to be so. cheers cheers

hsuhs wrote:
one suggestion made by the program makers kind of .... puzzled me.
swandie wrote:
Or...maybe he never got ours??
Yshion wrote:
hsuhs and swandie, I know what you're talking about and it surely made you confused by the words "all over Japan".
Actually, I felt those words NHK used in this program are even inappropriate.
Please don't worry, hsuhs and swandie. Very Happy It was just because the narration was inaccurate. I think he well knows he has many overseas fans who support him and wait for him.
As Yshion wrote, all letters, cards and presents are delivered to him through JSF. Why not ours or messages from abroad? At least I'm sure our letter got to JSF becaue it haven't been returned to my address. Wink

BTW Yshion, I haven't bought "Passion 2009" yet. Is it interesting? Worth to buy?? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:31 pm

In addtion, there was a small news about Dai-chan on 19th.

Referring to Dai-chan, Mr. Hidehito Ito, JSF Figure Skating Manager, said that JSF would like to send him to a small international competition early next season in order that he could get back the feeling of competition.

Nebelhorn?? Finlandia?? Merano?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes It will depend on his condition at that time, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke's latest news?   Daisuke's latest news? Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke's latest news?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next