Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)

Go down 
+5
Artemis
swandie
hsuhs
miyu
Roko
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 2:53 pm

NHK TV News (July 13, 2009 16:19 JST)
Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA

******* TV news with English Subtitle ********

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qoRcbiOxq4

Last season Daisuke Takahashi suffered a severe knee injury including partial torn of ligament and cancelled all the competitions to concentrate on medical treatment. He resumed on the ice training this April at Kansai University’s ice arena, and he has already been recovered so that he can jump triple axels.

Before boarding on today’s afternoon flight from Kansai Airport to Detroit, USA, where he will join training camp, he revealed that his programs for Vancouver Olympic Season would be those which he could not perform last season due to the injury. For the short program he would skate to tango rhythm, for the free skate, he would express “kidoairaku” (delight, anger, sorrow and pleasure; all aspects of emotions) to the music from Italian masterpiece movie “La Strada”.

Takahashi said “I would polish entire free program by tuning up elements like jumps and spins. I would like to concentrate on it with refreshed mind”. Takahashi plans to stay in USA about for 10 days.

Last edited by Roko on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Thank you so much for the information, Roko!! Very Happy Very Happy

Here is the link of the news. Check it later because it might turn to the news with video!! Wink
http://www.nhk.or.jp/news/k10014228081000.html

Wow!! He has got 3A back!! ALREADY!! cheers cheers cheers Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
It seems his training (Now, we don't need to use the word "rehab", I think!!! ) is going really well. Goooood!!!

peace1
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Thank you, Roko, for the detailed translation! flower
Nice to know Daisuke's made his choice and is going to polish his free program with Mr. Camerlengo in the upcoming days.

Thank you for the big news, miyu! flower It's really great Dasiuke's this far in his training sunny
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 am

Thanks Roko and miyu for the news! 3A's back already?!?! Awesome! cheers But miyu, what's with the sad faces?

I'm glad Daisuke will keep the programs he planned to use last year. I'm really excited to have the opportunity to see them at Skate Canada!
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:31 am

Hi all,

A kind person uploaded yesterdsy's TV news clip to tube, so I asked the person to let me make English subtitle version.

English Subtitles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qoRcbiOxq4

Hi swandie,

You are going to Skate Canada? Great!! Yes, it is going to be so exciting cheers
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 am

WOW!! Thank you so much, Roko!! Great job!! cheers cheers
Nice smiles from him!! Embarassed Embarassed

Here is a news article from the Asahi shinbun;

http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/TKY200907140145.html

Daisuke Takahashi who had to sit out last season due to injury, left for Detroit from Kansai International Airport via Narita. The purpose of the camp for about 10 days is to polish his performance with the coaching from the choreographer who made the program. "I'd like to turn on my own switch in the U.S." The silver medalist at 07 Worlds who is aiming to come back in Olympics season, set off excitedly.

"This is the first time to go abroad in a year. Actually I'm not comfortable abroad." said Takahashi. But the exuberant joy could be seen on his face as he is free from that long rehab.

The end of last October, he tore ACL and injured meniscus when he lost balance at landing 3A just before CoC. He withdrew from all the competitions and worked hard to come back after having a surgery.

It was April 4th when he stood on the ice for the first time after the injury. Now he is back on the level that he can do all of (ordinary) jumps, steps and spins. On July 4th, he successed to land 3A which he had feared. Regarding quads which would be a key among the top men skaters, "I haven't tried it yet. But I'm thinking of the program layout with two quads or one quad."

In the U.S. he will take lessons from an Italian choreographer, Pasquarle Camerlengo. "Basically I'd like to use the program made (by Camerlengo) last season for my FP. The purpose of this trip is to brush it up."

For his free program he uses the music from "La Strada" filmed by Italian maestro, Felini and his short program is the number with tango rhythm, "eye". There still is the possibility that he will make new program but at first he'd like to improve and polish his last season's programs.

Oh gosh... affraid He is thinking of a quad, even two quads.... Shocked Shocked
He is just beyond my imagination.

swandie wrote:
But miyu, what's with the sad faces?
It's because hearing the news he landed 3A made me cry... Embarassed
Enjoy yourself at SC!! Very Happy It would be a great competition. Dai-chan VS Patrick and Jeremy. bounce bounce

GO DAI-CHAN!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Artemis
1A
1A
Artemis

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Thank you for this WONDERFUL news!!! Thank you so much, Roko for the article & video (will watch it later when I can download the video). Very Happy Very Happy

3A !!!! Like you, miyu, I almost felt like crying.
That specific jump - he is already doing it!!! cheers cheers cheers

I really am so happy he is keeping his programs - we get to see them, and I can't wait!!!

peace1
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi, DTFF members! Very Happy
Thank you so much for the translation, vid, and links, Roko, eveyone!! I love you

Here is same news, but you can see Daisuke's pic.

Yomiuri News
http://osaka.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/other-games/20090714-OYO8T00357.htm

Daisuke's pic
http://osaka.yomiuri.co.jp/zoom/20090714-OYO9I00342.htm

I really glad to hear that Daisuke jumped 3A completely.
Yeah, I felt the same thing like everyone and I almost cried from happiness.
cheers cheers Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure about quads, but now we just concern about his stamina to perform for long program. Wink
And I hope glorydave also finds this news!! Happy Birthday, glorydave!! cheers

Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Daiske's latest video   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:10 am

Hi:

Thank you so much, Miyu, Roko, Leode and everbody for great video and information.

I wanted to paste this video link when I saw it on Fjavascript:emoticonp('bounce')igure skating You tube blog, but you guys are quicker, just amazing!!!

I can not wait to see his "eye" again with improved movement that he talked about a while ago, because of his increased flexibility.

Swandie, I am going to Skate Canada too. I am thinking about preparing a big banner for him. What do you think ?

がんばれ、大ちゃん!!!

javascript:emoticonp('Good!!')
Back to top Go down
dilemma
1A
1A
dilemma

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks to Roko, miyu and Leode for all the wonderful news pics and vids Very Happy

I came across a range of emotions when getting to know that Dai-chan could do 3A again which had given him the injury and pain as well as a long time off-ice rab life Shocked Sad Smile Razz I think he may be relieved by everything he has achieved on ice since April 4th. The rab was actually sheer torture for an ordinary person, but Dai-chan never complains or gives up anything. Instead, he always shows a big smile to everyone. Cheer up and good luck, Dai-chan, you are the best of all in our heart Good!!

And I like his current hairstyle, short and black, looks refreshed along with his mind.

As for quad, I know he would do it, a big challenge, worthy of trying because to get the gold medal he must beat Plushenko who still has consistent quads as far as I know.But for the GPS, I think he should arrange quads to the extent he could control Rolling Eyes

Now that the programs have been officially announced, I just can't wait to see his "eye" and "La strada". Both are interesting, especially " La Strada" where he would try to express various emotions that other skaters have rarely ever done. And I extremely expect to see his 3A and hope it will be as excellent as before with incredible height and solid landing just to the music cheers

Genki wrote:

Swandie, I am going to Skate Canada too. I am thinking about preparing a big banner for him. What do you think ?

Hi, Swandie and Genki, I envy you two Razz because you are so luck to see Dai-chan in Canada. It's a good idea to prepare a big banner for him. He will be more confident and motivated by the audience when seeing that Smile
Maybe everybody here could help to design the banner !Rolling Eyes Have a pleasant trip to Canada, Swandie and Genki!! cheers Razz
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Leode wrote:

And I hope glorydave also finds this news!! Happy Birthday, glorydave!! cheers

Thank you, Leode! flower
Unfortunately I couldn't read the forum last weeks... but now I've found this wonderfull news!
3A! Shocked I was a bit worried about this jump... but Daisuke showed to be a very strong man!

GO DAISUKE! cheers
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi, glorydave, welcome back to DTFF! Very Happy
Now, we've got a lot of Daisuke's latest news!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)   Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009) Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke Takahashi flew to USA (July 13, 2009)
Page 1 of 1