Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24

Go down 
+10
miki
SoMiTripleAxel
hsuhs
swandie
alekzu
UMgal
Leode
miyu
glorydave
Yshion
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi, everyone! Here's a great news! Very Happy

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/other/headlines/skate/20081224-00000034-kyodo_sp-spo.html
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/081224/spm0812242032001-p1.htm
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20081224-00000040-jijp-spo.view-000

Daisuke was discharged from hospital in Kyoto city on Dec. 24, revealed a perspective training at full range is to resume on May, next year.
He is going to continue getting rehabilitation by going to hospital, and expects to start skating next Feburary to March,
said "I think I will be able to make the competitions early next season."
Today, he has come to the state of no need for crutches, now he is able to walk by himself.
He spoke his mind with a smile "I'm glad I'm free from hospital. Cheers like "We'll wait for you" from the related persons and fans
encouraged me most" being handed a bouquet from nurses.

Wonderful news on this holiday season!! cheers

GO, DAISUKE!!
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Thank you so much, Yshion! Very Happy

I was waiting for news about Daisuke!

Quote :
Cheers like "We'll wait for you" from the related persons and fans
encouraged me most...
Yes, Daisuke! We'll wait for you! But we have no hurry, the most important think is that you completely heal! Very Happy

And I'm so happy to see his smile again! alien

GO DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Thank you soooooooo much for the news, Yshion!!!! cheers cheers cheers
This is a Christmas gift for us! I love you I love you

Quote :
Cheers like "We'll wait for you" from the related persons and fans
encouraged me most
Of course we will wait for him!!cheers And I'm glad to know he knows it.

Here is his picture.
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/081224/spm0812242032001-p1.htm

Here is his interview.
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/081224/spm0812242054002-n1.htm

Q: How do you feel to be discharged from hospital?
D: I'm glad to be out of hospital and be free.

Q: How is your knee going?
D: The rehab is going well. But only one month has passed so what to do from now would be important.

Q: Did you see any competitions this season?
A: I watched competitions of others after a long time. However I felt a bit impatience with the fact that newcomers or upcomers got medals, I can concentrate on skating once again. I feel I just have to do it.

Q: For the future?
A: Only skating, it will be another 3-4 months (after the surgery). The full-training will start after a half year.

Q: You still remain as a cantidate for Worlds.
A: Definitely I won't be able to go. I'm sorry that I won't be able to contribute to gain Olympic spot. I hope them good luck and that they can gain many.

Q: Toward Olympics.
A: Gold medal is my goal. Nothing has changed on that. I want to compete with neutral mind (without thinking) as a challenger or a rookie.

GO DAI-CHAN!!cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Thank you for the interview, miyu! Very Happy

I'm glad to read his goal didn't change!

GO DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:23 pm

Wow!! Thank you, God!!
Thank you for the information and translation, Yoshion and miyu!! santa rendeer
It's big Christmas Present for me!!

glorydave wrote:
Yey, me, too. I can see his smile again......Wow!! cheers

GANBARE, DAISUKE!!
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi, glorydave and miyu, Leode! Very Happy
miyu, thank you so much for the interview!! I love you

new articles
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20081224-OYT1T00655.htm

He had a transplanting surgery on Nov 26. Generally a(one) tendon is transplanted (on this surgery), but considering a heavy
knee load on landing, he had two tendon transplanted.
For the first time after his injury, he officially appeared in front of the press and explained the reason he had a surgery.
"I will have the least time (to prepare), but I will be able to be recovered until Olympics even if I get the surgey.
I wanted to target medals with my 100% ability." then he expressed his feeling.
"By not having been able to skate, I found it blessing that I could skate ordinarily. Now I really want to skate."

glorydave wrote:
miyu wrote:
This is a Christmas gift for us! I love you I love you

Yes, that's true!

Last edited by Yshion on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Yshion!!
Thank you so much again for the new article which includes the detail information about his surgery.

Quote :
He had a transplanting surgery on Nov 26. Generally a(one) tendon is transplanted (on this surgery), but considering a heavy
knee load on landing, he had two tendon transplanted.
Oh, I really really hope it works well. sunny sunny sunny

glorydave wrote:
Leode wrote:
I can see his smile again......Wow!! cheers
Yes Yes Yes!!! santa santa
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Thank you for uploading news, Yshion! Very Happy

Thank you for change Daisuke's picture in the homepage, Leode! This is Daisuke we want to see: his big smile and his shining eyes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:53 pm

NHK News video.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/k10013220191000.html

OMG, look at his hair....... Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Wow, what a wonderful early Christmas present for us!! Thank you Yshion and miyu, for all the news and translations! And thank you DTFF for all your nice comments which I enjoyed reading. flower

Wow, I realized that we haven’t seen Daisuke in a long time. I’m glad that he seems to be looking well (or that the hospital took good care of him). I didn’t realize that he has been in the hospital for so long (over a month right). Poor thing. I’m glad to see that he is smiling and staying strong/positive though for the future. Very Happy

Daisuke's interview wrote:
By not having been able to skate, I found it blessing that I could skate ordinarily. Now I really want to skate."

Yeah, it is also a blessing that the fans have been able to watch his skating in the past too. I think we all learned a big lesson to really appreciate or treasure all the good things that we have now or in the past.

miyu wrote:
OMG, look at his hair.......

Yeah, I can’t believe that his hair looks so good and stylish/wild even though he just came out of the hospital. Shocked
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Thank you for the video, miyu! Very Happy

No problem for his hair... I'm too happy today! Wink
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:16 pm

Such great news! Oh, this made me so happy! *smiles big* He's as good-looking as ever. Wink Good luck now to you Daisuke with rehab!
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks for the news and information, miyu and Yshion! How nice to get out of the hospital on Christmas Eve! Smile It is very encouraging that he was able to walk out of the hospital without crutches or any other type of assistance.

I'm glad that he still driven towards the Olympics and also that he is not going to try to go to worlds this year (it wouldn't make sense anyway since he can't return to full training until at least May anyway).
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 1:20 am

Thank you SO much for the breaking news, miyu and Yshion! bounce
This has made my day (and my Christmas santa )!

Daisuke looks great, a little bit pale, probably because of staying indoors for so long, but it will change soon. And I love his hair alien . And his spirits king .

I'm so happy with the news, I can't stop smiling Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 6:29 am

thank you thank you sooooo much for the fantastic news!!!! soooo glad to see him smiling!

Now we can think about his smile when we watch nationals! You`ll be there next year Dai-chan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.figureskatingblogfreak.blogspot.com/
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 3:16 pm

Yesterday's news collection.
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=MlG6C9z8ARw

I love the choreography of "La Strada" at 1:45 which is new to me. I love you I love you Dai-chan's face looks so emotinal though it's very short.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Thank you for the link, miyu! Very Happy

miyu wrote:

I love the choreography of "La Strada" at 1:45 which is new to me. I love you I love you Dai-chan's face looks so emotinal though it's very short.
It's true! I love you and it's very sad that we could not see this fabulous program... maybe in the future...

What did Nobunari say about Daisuke? Please, can somebody translate?
Back to top Go down
miki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Thank you so much for the posts and links... I was actually watching one of the news on TV the other day and all of the sudden Daisuke popped up walking out of the hospital! Great to see him in good spirits and being so positive. I personally think he did get his hair done before leaving the hospital. Very Happy

Nobunari was acknowledging Daisuke and said "Because Daisuke was there I could become stronger, so I would love to compete with him again."

Well the way he said was "I want to fight together" literally so it might also mean that he wants to compete agaist the rest of the world as Team Japan with Daisuke in it. (what do you think - those who understand Japanese?)

It was nice of Nobunari to acknowledge Daisuke and their healthy rivalry helped him along the way - I am sure it's the same for Daisuke.

All the best for Daisuke in rehab and the new year!
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi miki! Thanks for translation! Very Happy

I'd like to see Daisuke and Nobunari compete together, too! ... in both ways you wrote!
Back to top Go down
miki
1A
1A

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 7:12 pm

I found another article about Daisuke's press interview the 24th. Daisuke said the injury brought something good in a way.

Takahashi, more focused and working hard on rehab - in a way, the injury was a good thing
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/news/20081227dde018050025000c.html

Translation:

While Oda won his national title in Figure Skating, his rival Takahashi is working hard on rehab. Takahashi injured his right knee while practicing triple axcel at the end of October and underwent surgery. With Vancourver Olympics coming up in 2010, it was a nightmare for the Japanese ace. But on the 24th in front of the press, he said "in a way the injury was a good thing" with a determined expression on his face. There were some changes in his perspectives.

"Please look at this." Takahashi showed his legs before cameras. When compared, the right calf musle is smaller then the left and the right knee had braces. His landing (right) leg's thigh and calf muscles used to be much bigger than the left. "The left leg also got smaller, but this size... the muscles are gone and they look totally different it's almost not like my legs."

However, not all are negative after all. The time at hopital brought some change in his thinking (and feelings).

"Before injury, I was always trying to choose what to do, like, maybe I'd better do this or do that." He was confused and felt lost at times while he was trying to improve everything. But after the injury, "I have just one thing to do (to make a comeback), and feel more focused."

Also, as he watched Mao Asada, Nobunari Oda, Takahiko Kozuka and the likes compete on TV, he felt his passion (wanting to compete) became stronger. "I realized I was blessed to be able to just skate. Now I have this feeling that I really want to skate more."

The operation - which was his first ever in his life - before Olympics was risky. But Takahashi decided to take it calmly. "I would still be able to train in time - though it's not so much time. I need my 100% to win the Olympic title, and I want to be at 100% and shoot for a medal." His knee still hurts when stretched completely or bent deeply, but during his hospitalization he continued on 7 & 1/2 hours of rehab a day.

His full-out training will probably start in May 2009. He said "As a challenger for a medal, I will treasure each competition." He'll continue on his road to Olympic Gold, step by step.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Thank you so much for translation, miki! Very Happy

I am sure that Daisuke has thought long after the injury. He was already a mature guy, but now he has perhaps even more clearly what he really loves and what he wants to reach.
Some of his sentences witness his great humility and simplicity ... It is also why we love him and we continue to support him. alien

GO DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 8:37 am

Thank you for the article, miki!
It's great Daisuke's determined to get back on track.
His longing to start skating again upcoming spring is what makes me optimistic and excited.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 6:40 pm

I found this video on youtube (thank you yusei0316). Very Happy
It's about Daisuke's reahab and there's a short interview at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f9owcUJTIg&feature=channel_page

Daisuke is truly committed to rehabilitation. Some exercises seem really tiring and he is still suffering... Tha scene at 0:30 - 0:33 is so pale Sad pale !

Go Daisuke! Be strong!
Back to top Go down
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Thank you glorydave and yusei-san. Here is what he said in the video.

Smile Added this comment on 2008/12/29 later... Smile
I put them together. Here is the video with English Subtitles.
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=LoDMdPEjtJ0

On the bed:

“Ouuuuuch!”
“Really hurts. Seriously.”

“Rehab has been on schedule, I think. Simply, simply, tough”

Do you want to skate?

“Yes, I do want to skate. Seriously, really, I do”

Daisuke talked to Camera:

“Everyone who is watching this TV show, it's been a while, this is Daisuke Takahashi. I was not able to perform for you this time. My knee is getting better and I was discharged from hospital. I will go thru intense rehabilitation. I will take time and will not rush myself. When I come back to the ice, I will show you a larger (better, greater) Daisuke Takahashi. I’ll keep going. Please root for me. This was Daisuke Takahashi”

He sounds positive... I believe he will do exactly what he said. cheers

Last edited by Roko on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 9:51 pm

Thank you for translation, Roko! Very Happy

He's always positive and I'm sure this attitude will help him during rehab.

GO DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24   Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke left the hospital on Dec 24
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next