Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program

Go down 
+4
heidi
Yshion
hsuhs
Leode
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 5:22 pm

From July 5th, 2008 news, Daisuke participated in "Friends on Ice" at Yokohama, Japan. He performed "eye" choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto who was a Ice Dancer. Daisuke asked Kenji to choreograph the short program by unknown song which was his favorite song from "coba" for 3 or 4 years and Kenji found the song as "eye" what Daisuke's looking for and choreographed.

Daisuke mentioned about SP "eye", "It's very hard to do continuous Straight Line Step and Circular Step, but they are difference type. Please look into my Circular Step which is very sexy and cute for each movements that I think.
About a new Free Skating program, Daisuke will have plan to go to US and his new choreographer will make a Free Skating for him. He will do 2 quads in Free Skating program for getting a gold medal at Worlds. For new season, "I'd like to do 2 quads in FS and 1 quad in SP." he added "I also want to perform new quad. I heard the Sit spins technical points will be so heard to get high level. So I will improve my spins for getting Level 4."

After the split with Nikolai Morozov, he does not make a decision for a new coach yet. Daisuke said "After it turned out, I don't know exactly what things goes on without a coach, but I only know that I'll keep a good shape for Worlds."

高橋大輔、ショートでも4回転挑戦へ
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080705-00000035-spnavi-spo

写真 Daisuke's pic
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080705-00000035-spnavi-spo.view-000

3~4年前から高橋が気に入っていたというcobaさんの曲を用い、元アイスダンス選手の宮本賢二さんが振り付けをしたプログラム。曲名が分からないまま依頼したものの、宮本さんが高橋の希望していた曲を用意してくれたという。高橋はイベント終了後の会見で「サーキュラー、ストレートとステップを踏む場面が続くので大変だが、別々の雰囲気を持っている。サーキュラーでは男らしいけども可愛らしい動きもあるので見てほしい」と新プログラムの見どころをアピールした。

今後は米国にわたってフリースケーティングのプログラムを作るという。新シーズンに向けて「フリーでは(4回転ジャンプ)2本、ショートでも4回転ジャンプを取り入れたい。それに、もう1種類(4回転を)跳べるようになれたらいいと思っている。シットスピンの採点が厳しくなるみたいなので、確実に(高い)レベル(判定)を取れるようにしたい」と話し、ニコライ・モロゾフ氏との契約を解消した後、新コーチは今も決まっておらず、「(コーチが変わるなど)環境が大きく変わって、まだ分からない部分もあるけれど、世界選手権に向けてしっかり調整していきたい」と話した。(スポナビより)

hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Leode, thank you for the translation!

I wonder who's going to choreograph Daisuke's new LP. Is it an American choreographer, or someone who lives and works there?
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 8:25 pm

Thank you for the links and the translation, Leode! Very Happy

hsuhs wrote:
I wonder who's going to choreograph Daisuke's new LP. Is it an American choreographer, or someone who lives and works there?
This article doesn't have an exact information identifying the choreographer means an American or others who work in USA... silent
I only know famous choreographers working in USA as Platov, Tom Dickson, and of course Morozov...
Does anyone know other choreographers who have possibility to work with Daisuke?

Quote :
Kenji found the song as "eye" what Daisuke's looking for and choreographed.
Oh, maybe this might be one of the biggest reasons I felt Daisuke looked so free and full of life when I watched his new SP!
He apparently skated free from a tight restraint as if he was re-born.
I want to thank Miyamoto-san for making Daisuke's wish, to skate to the music he really wants, come true!! Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
heidi
1A
1A

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:04 pm

Thanks Leode for the translation Very Happy

I saw yesterday's rehearsal (I was so lucky!) and 12:30 show today.

He really was enjoying the show and his new SP.
We know the program is just made but he did the program nicely and
perfectly like he made it. Three jumps were beatiful and easy. Steps
were attractive and sexy... drunken

At the rehearsal, I really was surprised Surprised when he appeared in the
Phantom costume and started the straight line step performance, though
he fell before he completed it. Laughing Very happy to see Dai-chan's
phantom again.

Today, when Shae-Lynn Bourne started her solo perfomance, Dai-chan
came to the staff area and sat on the seat and was gazing her
performance.

I have no idea with his NEW choreographer for the LP, whoever he/she is,
I heartily congratulate his decision. Toast to the change cheers
GO DAISUKE!
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Thanks for translating, Leode! It's good that he's skating to music that he likes. His favorite part seems to be the circular step (even he thinks it's sexy Very Happy).

Yshion wrote:

He apparently skated free from a tight restraint as if he was re-born.

That's a good way to describe it, Yshion. He does seem a lot more open in his skating with this program. I don't think he was even this free with Cyber Swan.

Yshion wrote:

This article doesn't have an exact information identifying the choreographer means an American or others who work in USA... silent
I only know famous choreographers working in USA as Platov, Tom Dickson, and of course Morozov...
Does anyone know other choreographers who have possibility to work with Daisuke?

Morozov is obviously out. I'm not sure about Platov since he worked with Brian and doesn't do too much choreography other than what he does for his students but it's possible. Tom Dickson is a possibility. I like what he did with Jeremy Abbott's long program last season. Dai could even be using Yukari Nakano's choreography (Marina Zueva) although I don't know if she has done anything for men's competitors. She mostly works with pairs and ice dancers. It seems that most of the famous choreographers are Canadian and/or live in Canada. It'll be interesting to see who it is, what music Dai will be skating to and the choreography he has. I hope it is as "liberating" as the short program.

And heidi, how lucky you were to see that rehearsal and the show! It sounds like fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:57 pm

Yshion wrote:
I came up with the same 3 names Laughing

Given that Morozov isn't an option, and Platov's cooperation with Brian Joubert, who are we left with??? Embarassed pirat

heidi wrote:
Today, when Shae-Lynn Bourne started her solo perfomance, Dai-chan came to the staff area and sat on the seat and was gazing her performance.

Too bad she's Canadian Laughing because I think she could help Daisuke with fine-tuning his routines and be a part of his new team (I believe in team work).

Quote :
Very happy to see Dai-chan's phantom again.
Oh wow, I wouldn't mind seeing that program again either. I have a nostalgic feeling about that program. Back in 2006 I fell in love with Daisuke's skating because of it Cool I love you
Back to top Go down
na1129
1A
1A

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 7:07 am

Leode wrote:
About a new Free Skating program, Daisuke will have plan to go to US and his new choreographer will make a Free Skating for him. He will do 2 quads in Free Skating program for getting a gold medal at Worlds. For new season, "I'd like to do 2 quads in FS and 1 quad in SP." he added "I also want to perform new quad. I heard the Sit spins technical points will be so heard to get high level. So I will improve my spins for getting Level 4."

It may be a quad flip, isn't it?
He always keep his word...like last season's two quad statement Smile
Can I expect it? Very Happy
I'm glad that his FP has been chosen already.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 7:19 am

Hasn't he practiced quad salchows before? It might be a quad salchow although I think he has practiced a quad flip as well. It'll be interesting to see which one it is. I'm guessing he'll be doing the toe in combination and this mysterious new quad as a single jump. It's very risky but Dai seems to want to max out his capabilities. Now he really has to work on getting his nerves together!

At this rate, he'll be doing 3 quads in the long program during the Olympic season. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:37 am

Thank you for sharing your impression about FOI and the rehearsal, heidi!
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed watching Daisuke there I love you

swandie wrote:
Dai could even be using Yukari Nakano's choreography (Marina Zueva) although I don't know if she has done anything for men's competitors.
I didn't know Marina Zueva lived in US, I thought she lived in Canada Shocked
I remember she worked with Takahiko Kozuka for both his SP and LP in 2006-2007 season, and I liked them pretty much!
So, is she going to be an another possibility?

hsuhs wrote:
I think Shae-Lynn Bourne could help Daisuke with fine-tuning his routines and be a part of his new team (I believe in team work).
I thought exactly the same, hsuhs! Very Happy

About his new quad, I remember he has practiced both salchow and flip. I guess we can find him more possibility on a quad flip
because his flip jump is so huge and salchow is not his favorite jump...
I don't know this attempt at a new quad will work, but I love his attitude always holding up his ideal and making all possible efforts. Wink
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:18 am

Yshion wrote:

I didn't know Marina Zueva lived in US, I thought she lived in Canada Shocked

She coaches the ice dance teams of Virtue/Moir and Davis/White along with Igor Shpilband in Canton, Michigan. Yukari wrote in her journal that she goes to Detroit to get her choreography. Marina's a possibility for Dai but not likely I don't think. Personally, I think it's Tom Dickson he'll be working with.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Thank you so much, Leode! Very Happy

WOW! I love seeing Daisuke so confident and with so clear ideas!

So Daisuke wanted to skate on this music... It's a really good thing, IMO, and it can explain why he's so involved! Very Happy Thank you, Mr Miyamoto!
I share all you have written… he’s free, re-born!

Yes! I agree with Dai-chan, CiSt is so sexy! Embarassed
I don't know if I'm wrong but during CiSt (about 2:40 from the beginning of the video) he skates like he’s dancing with a partner… Rolling Eyes

Yshion wrote:
About his new quad, I remember he has practiced both salchow and flip. I guess we can find him more possibility on a quad flip
because his flip jump is so huge and salchow is not his favorite jump...

If I remember well, he landed 4S two times last summer in Courmayeur … But then, he had some problems with 3S during the season (for example at GPF)…
I don’t remember if someone has never seen Daisuke land a 4F… I know he has practiced it…
We have to wait… bounce
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 7:09 pm

glorydave wrote:
If I remember well, he landed 4S two times last summer in Courmayeur …

He did, glorydave. I have a video of Daisuke trying 4Ss. But it's a home-made vid, and I don't remember where it comes from (prob fsvids). Enrica is the maker/ owner of that video.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 8:46 pm

hsuhs wrote:
I have a video of Daisuke trying 4Ss.
Oh, I envy you...I've heard that he landed 4S last summer, but I've never watched that video Sad

From reading this article, I suppose he is not actually planning on attempting his new quad at competitions yet,
but wishing he would be able to raise a probability of landing. It could be 4S, could be 4F...in either case, I wish his efforts would be rewarded Smile!!

Last edited by Yshion on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Yshion wrote:
Oh, I envy you...I've heard that he landed 4S last summer, but I've never watched that video Sad

Well, I've uploaded the vid to the video thread assuming that the owner wouldn't mind me doing so. Otherwise, I'm in big trouble pale Embarassed

I apologize.

Last edited by hsuhs on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 pm

hsuhs wrote:
assuming that the owner wouldn't mind me doing so. Otherwise, I'm in big trouble pale Embarassed
Thank you, hsuhs I love you And I'll take the responsibility with you in the case the owner would feel offended.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi, hsuhs and Yshion.
This video has no permission to upload to other site only fsv from the owner. Pls see my post at bellow topic and don't upload it to our forum.

https://daisuke-takahashi.forumotion.com/all-the-gala-in-english-f7/japan-on-ice-courmayeur-220707-t146-15.htm

Thank you for your understanding.

Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:53 pm

I am terribly sorry for making such a trouble in this forum.

So hsuhs, would you please delete the video link so that this video would not be downloaded again?
I will delete the video from my computer, and I am not going watch.

I sincerely apologize you all DTFF members, Leode, and of course Enrica.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Thank you for your understanding, Yshion. It's O.K. Very Happy Pls see members only topic, thank you.

Lina11
1A
1A
Lina11

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 am

Arrigatou Gozaimashta, Leode, for the translation!

Quote :
"I'd like to do 2 quads in FS and 1 quad in SP." he added "I also want to perform new quad. I heard the Sit spins technical points will be so heard to get high level. So I will improve my spins for getting Level 4."

2 quads in the LP and one in SP and besides that he wants to perform a new quad..that it is great..hope he will be able to do it!
Ganbatte Kudasai, Dai-chan! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program   Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke challenges 2 quads at FS Program
Page 1 of 1