Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:13 am

http://www.bidders.co.jp/city

http://www.bidders.co.jp/pitem/106303187

It's great & sweet & all. There is one thing though, that I’d be curious to know Embarassed Why did Daisuke choose birth control as a charity cause? Or have I misunderstood? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi, hsuhs Very Happy
Oh, where did you find this auction article!? Thank you so much!!

hsuhs wrote:
Why did Daisuke choose birth control as a charity cause? Or have I misunderstood? Embarassed

I guess all these athelets cooperating this auction seems to be chosen by this foundation of international birth control cooperation,
so maybe Daisuke didn't choose it himself Smile

Anyway, here's the translation of Daisuke's interview from the first link.

Daisuke Takahashi attracts people with his dynamic, powerful skating. He is a revolutional being who attracts audience
with expressing himself the most Japanese are not good at. Last year, he brought hip-hop element in "Swan Lake",
and fascinated audiences. "I got people's attention much more than I had imagined, then I felt so much
responsibility (laugh)"

His straight-line step, described as the best in the world, is the element he show his real ability that livens up
at the end of the program. "I feel very exhausted and desperate there (laugh), but cheers from audiences give me a
gush and a fiting spirit like "I can do it!" Their cheers are helping me." He receives a striking standing ovation
even at international competitions.
Otherwise, he is still strict to himself, having ability of getting the world best score, " I do not assume myself
to be good at steps, and I am not satisfied with my skating at all."

"I feel scared to go into the next jump after I made a mistake, but I rather feel uneasy when I did a good jump
too beautifully than I expected. Using too much brain like "I should switch my thought" makes another mistake,
so being in the state I don't think anything much is the key (to perform good)"

He performs at ice shows in summer, the season he doesn't have competitions. "It's fun to skate in a spotlight.
But I don't feel comfortable skating at exhibitions. Because, at exhibitions, after I put all my energy to competitions
and feel exhausted, then I have to perform good enough to be suitable for my placing, and that gives me a pressure...(laugh)"

Despite of his showing aura and distinctive character on the ice, usual Daisuke Takahashi is the person who is
amazingly modest and friendly.
"I want to place myself in a feeling of "I can handle it." with a sincere and strong will, but with no too heavy thought
or strain.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Yshion wrote:
Oh, where did you find this auction article!?

I often visit: http://www.yahoo.co.jp/index.html
Yshion wrote:
I guess all these athelets cooperating this auction seems to be chosen by this foundation of international birth control cooperation,
so maybe Daisuke didn't choose it himself Smile
I see Very Happy

And thank you for the translation, Yshion flower

I agree with the author's "amazingly modest and friendly" description of Daisuke.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Thank you for the links hsuhs and the translation Yshion!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote :
"I feel scared to go into the next jump after I made a mistake, but I rather feel uneasy when I did a good jump
too beautifully than I expected. Using too much brain like "I should switch my thought" makes another mistake,
so being in the state I don't think anything much is the key (to perform good)"
It's really hard to do espcially under the tons of pressure at the games like Worlds and Olympics, I think. His mind state in such occasions would be beyond our imagination. Very tough...

hsuhs wrote:
I often visit:www.yahoo.co.jp/index.html
I remember you said you can read Japanese.Cool Cool

You can see his autograph at the bottome of the second link.
He wrote "It'll be all right. I'll make out." above his autograph. He wrote the same words last summer when Nikolai's choreo had delayed, didn't he? Am I wrong?? scratch
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:08 pm

miyu wrote:
I remember you said you can read Japanese.
Oh I wish I could, miyu silent I can read kana, know maybe like 15 characters, beside those four that form Daisuke's name. Otherwise I use http://babelfish.yahoo.com.
Back to top Go down
Yshion
1A
1A
Yshion

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:54 pm

miyu wrote:
His mind state in such occasions would be beyond our imagination. Very tough...
Yeah..I often have stomachache when I watch him skating at competitions, imagining how tough his mental conflict is like... pale

miyu wrote:
He wrote the same words last summer when Nikolai's choreo had delayed, didn't he? Am I wrong?? scratch
I remember that too, miyu. He seemed worried about the delay of the choreo and was trying to think everything would turn out to be fine.
And said these words...but now, he is in a tougher situation... silent

hsuhs wrote:
beside those four that form Daisuke's name
Those four characters may be the most important ones for you to feel Daisuke closer, so wonderful Wink
Back to top Go down
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/shion-yuki
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 5:58 pm

hsuhs wrote:
Oh I wish I could, miyu silent
Sorry, I had to write "you used to be able to read Japanese". But it's still great as a foreigner that you can read kana characters and some Kanjis.Very Happy Very Happy
"those four that form Daisuke's name" are something dearest to us! Razz Razz

Yshion wrote:
And said these words...but now, he is in a tougher situation... silent
That's what I wanted to say. Thank you, Yshion. Very Happy Perhaps the interview was held a while ago. So I hope everything has turned out to be fine already. Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 6:58 am

As a side issue, that photo on the web site is one of the best I have ever seen of Daisuke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause   Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisuke: raising funds for a good cause
Page 1 of 1