Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Figure Skating Championships 2008

Go down 
+11
anne-marie
UMgal
Sabse
Shatterpoint
hsuhs
swandie
miyu
glorydave
MissC
Roko
Leode
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Thank you so much for Daisuke's interview translation, miyu! This came at a great time. flower cheers I'm so glad to finally hear more of Daisuke's in depth comments about what happened. From reading it, I can definitely tell that he has already learned some good lessons and wisdom to bring forward to the future. I like these following quotes:

Quote :
It's no good thinking bad about the thing which was over. I face forward already.

It's an awesome, strong, positive attitude and I think that we at DTFF are trying very hard to accomplish this as well. sunny

Quote :
Next time I want to do better how I adjust myself toward the game and get more strong heart which won't be defeated by nervousness by practicing more and gaining a lot of experiences . I want to become tougher.

Yay, I'm so looking forward to the best/strongest Daisuke for the future. sunny

And miyu, I have watched some of the other commentaries by the British Eurosport guys about Daisuke. I enjoyed all of them of course. Ha ha. Hmm, I don't think I've wached all of their commentaries for Daisuke during the Olympics and Worlds though. Thanks so much for trying to dig them out/find them for us though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi, DTFF members!! Very Happy
Thank you so much for your information, links and translation!!

Now I'm back home from Sweden. It was nice place to visit there. And I took a lot of pictures of Daisuke at Worlds 2008, pls check the gallery(go to page 2), thank you.

If you have a special one of them, pls let me know, thanks!!
After worlds 2008, I love Daisuke so much than before!!I love you

Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Thank you, UMgal, for letting us know Euro Sports commentary and YouTube links. They are great! I love their comment on Bachelorette. Yes, Daisuke does not waste any movements!

By the way, I love how they pronounce "Daisuke". It sounds like "Dice-key" instead of "Dice-K". As you may know, "Dice-key" means "I love it so much" in Japanese... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Leode wrote:

I took a lot of pictures of Daisuke at Worlds 2008, pls check the gallery(go to page 2)
Welcome back, and thanks for great pics. I really love the one of Daisuke and Stephan together. I wonder if they had a conversation there.
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:09 pm

Daisuke did a great job in the worlds. To bad he missed the podium though. I loved this SP! I haven't been this excited by any program for a long time. He could keep it forever for all I care. Wink I have to watch it at least once a day. Very Happy It truly was better seeing it live though... One of the swedish commentators really likes Daisuke. He says his footwork and stepsequences are even better than Plushenkos. Smile ITA

I'm guessing this was about the first and only chance I ever got to see him live. But our very own Adrian Schultheiss might get to work with him during summer. Apparantly his coach and Morozov know each other. That could turn out to be interesting. For me, I'm now a dedicated fan of Daisukes. Glad I found this forum so I can keep up with news about him Smile
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Thanks for the interview translation miyu! It's great to see Dai moving forward already! I'm glad he has put it all behind him and that he's looking to next season. He says he has to get tougher although he is pretty tough already for putting it all behind him so quickly. Makes me love and respect him even more.

I'm glad you had a good time in Sweden, Leode. Thanks for the pics!

Welcome to the "family" (I think we have sort of become one), alekzu! I'm glad you got the opportunity to see Dai live! I hope I will get that opportunity next season although the all event tickets are really expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:40 pm

swandie wrote:

Welcome to the "family" (I think we have sort of become one), alekzu! I'm glad you got the opportunity to see Dai live! I hope I will get that opportunity next season although the all event tickets are really expensive.

Yeah, that would have been nice. But the tickes prices aren't really the issue (hey I could go with buying single tickets when they're released). It's just that I might be going to Hawaii and New York later that year, so I won't be having enough money to travel to LA I'm afraid. Will probably go to thet Euros next year though. To bad he's not european... (but since I love the japanese that might be a bad idea anyway) Wink
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi, Leode. Thanks so much for sharing your pics with us! I love them very much, especially the exhibition practice ones!! And I'm glad that you are home safely now too.

Quote :
After worlds 2008, I love Daisuke so much than before!!

Yes, Leode. I think this is true for many of us.

Roko, I also love the way the British Eurosport commentators pronounce Daisuke's name. Even though it's not correct, it's quite fancy and stylized. He he.

Hi, alekzu. Welcome to the forum. I really liked what you said here:

Quote :
He could keep it (his SP) forever for all I care. I have to watch it at least once a day.
I'm sure he would love to hear this from you. Very Happy

Quote :
One of the swedish commentators really likes Daisuke. He says his footwork and stepsequences are even better than Plushenkos. ITA

Wow, this is truly a wonderful comment and an honor.

I'm sure he and Adrian Schultheiss will get along very well if they work alongside each other as well. Basketball

Quote :
Welcome to the "family" (I think we have sort of become one), alekzu!

You're so right, swandie. And this family has had almost 20 new registered members since the men's LP ended last Saturday! This is a real honor and a testament to the wonderful atmosphere of our forum and most importantly, the appeal of Daisuke's character and skating. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:08 pm

I came home yesterday. What a wonderful experiece it's been, I must say. I've been to different practices and competitions. I have also met Daisuke there, have had his autograph, have made pics of him when he skated I love you

I bought a Japanese flag there, and cheered Daisuke together with his other fans, as much as I could. I had also brought a plush toy with me, which I threw onto the ice after his short program, with a message attached to it saying, among other things, that the members of this board were saying 'hi' to him.

I also managed to hand him two small presents.

Am I disappointed? Yes, but only for the fact that he hasn't reached what he was hoping to reach in this particular competition. Otherwise, I'm on cloud nine drunken, b/c I've met him in person and saw him interact with his fans, and I liked what I've seen. He is SO unbelievably nice and patient with his fans! He's got the kindest smile imaginable. He's super, he's my hero.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi hsuhs! Sounds like you had a very good time! How cool that you got to meet him! Smile Your account makes me want to meet him even more! I love you

UMgal, I noticed the membership spike too! I don't know if any of you are on facebook but there's a group for Dai on there and membership shot up there too! flower
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi everybody!

Thank you miyu for translation! Very Happy
I think this is the link to Daisuke EX and interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6MxJFgiHKc
Look at this! Daisuke looks fine...
Quote :
I want to become tougher.
I'm sure Daisuke is already tougher after this experience!

Hi Leode!
Thank you for your pictures! WOW! You're a great photographer! Very Happy
I especially love pictures about practice and Daisuke with red ribbon! This part of the exhibition made me laugh so much! Laughing

Hi hsush!
hsush wrote:
I had also brought a plush toy with me, which I threw onto the ice after his short program, with a message attached to it saying, among other things, that the members of this board were saying 'hi' to him.
Oh, thank you! I't so nice you also think to DTFF in your message for Daisuke!
hsush wrote:
He is SO unbelievably nice and patient with his fans! He's got the kindest smile imaginable. He's super, he's my hero.
cheers cheers cheers I think all Daisuke's fans agree with you!

Welcome alekzu! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:45 pm

hsuhs wrote:
I came home yesterday. What a wonderful experiece it's been, I must say. I've been to different practices and competitions. I have also met Daisuke there, have had his autograph, have made pics of him when he skated I love you

I bought a Japanese flag there, and cheered Daisuke together with his other fans, as much as I could. I had also brought a plush toy with me, which I threw onto the ice after his short program, with a message attached to it saying, among other things, that the members of this board were saying 'hi' to him.

Am I disappointed? Yes, but only for the fact that he hasn't reached what he was hoping to reach in this particular competition. Otherwise, I'm on cloud nine drunken, b/c I've met him in person and saw him interact with his fans, and I liked what I've seen. He is SO unbelievably nice and patient with his fans! He's got the kindest smile imaginable. He's super, he's my hero.

I am so jeleaous of you!!!! I tried to meet him but failed misserably... He snuck buy like a little rat... I barely had time to blink before he was gone. Sad I really really wanted his autograph... My best friend got from her absolute favourite (Johnny Weir), so I was really sad I didn't get from my favourite... I wish I was a millionaire so I could go to Japan and meet him...
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:35 pm

glorydave wrote:
I't so nice you also think to DTFF in your message for Daisuke!
Oh I thought about this forum many times, while in Sweden. I wish we all could be there for Daisuke.

alekzu wrote:
I tried to meet him but failed misserably... He snuck buy like a little rat... I barely had time to blink before he was gone. Sad I really really wanted his autograph..

I know what you mean! I was just lucky to be staying at the official hotel, but even then I didn't have a chance to meet him, for quite a while. But god heard my prayers, and one day I just ran into Daisuke. The same day I saw him talking to and posing for pictures with so many other fans, but not on the days before that one.
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:47 pm

hsuhs wrote:
I know what you mean! I was just lucky to be staying at the official hotel, but even then I didn't have a chance to meet him, for quite a while. But god heard my prayers, and one day I just ran into Daisuke. The same day I saw him talking to and posing for pictures with so many other fans, but not on the days before that one.

When was this? (I'm not sure I really want to know, but meh...) And where? At the hotel?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:53 pm

This was on March 24, the very last day. We shared the home flight. So 1st I met him at the hotel, and then spent about 2hrs at the airport standing in the same line for the security checks, etc. The fans at the airport kept recognizing him, making his waiting for the plane quite entertaining Basketball
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:58 pm

hsuhs wrote:
This was on March 24, the very last day. We shared the home flight. So 1st I met him at the hotel, and then spent about 2hrs at the airport standing in the same line for the security checks, etc. The fans at the airport kept recognizing him, making his waiting for the plane quite entertaining Basketball

I never thought I'd have to feel unlucky for living close-by the arena... Ah well. Lucky you. If he and Adrian are going to train together, you think we could force him to come over to Sweden? Wink
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 am

Oh your local?
I'd love Daisuke to come to train in Heerenveen again, like he did before the Worlds! And Adrian is welcome too! flower
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 3:41 am

hsuhs wrote:
Oh your local?

My hometown is less than 50 km north of Gothenburg. So my wish is that Daisuke comes to Sweden to train with Adrian (or Kristoffer, I really don't care), cause they train in Gothenburg, and then I'd be able to go see him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 7:17 am

hsuhs wrote:

Wow, you are soooooo blessed to have had such wonderful interaction with Dai-chan!!!

For Japan-based DTFF members, do you have any advice on how to meet Daisuke to have a chat, to hand across a present, get his autograph, or have a photograph taken with him? I have had the chance to see him skate live once, and shook his hand (too briefly!), but would love to have the chance for a more meaningful interaction...
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi alekzu! Wellcome to DTFF!! Very Happy Very Happy
I like Adrian Schultheiss pretty much. (Especially his hair style!! Cool Could you tell me how I should pronounce his name??? ) As you know, Kristoffer is very popular in Japan due to his wonderful performance in Tokyo Worlds.

Hi Leode & hsuhs! Welcome back!!cheers cheers I'm very glad to hear both of you enjoyed Sweden.

Leode, thank you very very much for sharing the wondeful pictures with us!!! I love you I love you Anyway have a rest and please give us a fantastic report as always later on!! Wink

hsuhs wrote:
He's got the kindest smile imaginable. He's super, he's my hero.
hsuhs! WOW! Lucky you!!! Shocked Shocked I really envy you... Hahaha Razz And it was very kind of you to attach our message to your present for Dai-chan. Thanks a loooooot!! Very Happy Very Happy

swandie wrote:
Welcome to the "family" (I think we have sort of become one)
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you BTW, when will the ticket of LA Worlds start to be sold??

nipponophile wrote:
For Japan-based DTFF members, do you have any advice on how to meet Daisuke to have a chat, to hand across a present, get his autograph, or have a photograph taken with him?
I'm sorry I don't know well about it... I hope you can have such a wonderful occasion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alekzu
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:24 am

miyu wrote:
Could you tell me how I should pronounce his name???
Eh.... Hmm.... I'll have to think of a good way to do that... His first name isn't that difficult I suppose - long first A and I, not sure what else to say here. How to teach someone else to pronunce a name? Anyone got any tips? Maybe I can find a videoclip where they say it. However I will decline your request on teaching you the pronunciation of his last name. Swedish is difficult as it is, and his last name makes even a swede confused. Rolling Eyes A videoclip might help though... I'll see what I can dig up.
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:25 am

Hi hsuhs. Very Happy Thank you so much for your wonderful report from Sweden and for your kindness in telling Daisuke about us at the forum. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time and that meeting Daisuke turned out to be such a meaningful and positive experience for you.

And swandie, I never realized that Daisuke was on Facebook. How cool. Cool

Miyu, I believe that the all event tickets for the L.A. Worlds have gone on sale already. I heard that it's very expensive. The individual event tickets will not go on sale until the end of this year I believe.
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:31 am

Hi, everyone. In Yu-Na Kim's website there are pictures of her at the Worlds banquet with many different skaters. At the top of page four of the link there is a picture of her with Daisuke. Have you guys seen this already?

I wonder what the caption under the picture with Daisuke says.

http://minihp.cyworld.com/pims/main/pims_main.asp?tid=38779660&urlstr=phot
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:33 am

UMgal wrote:

And swandie, I never realized that Daisuke was on Facebook. How cool. Cool

I think you misunderstood me. lol! I meant that there's a group dedicated to Daisuke on Facebook (there are actually 2-the other one is also dedicated to both him Nobunari Oda)! In less than a week after worlds, membership went from around 25 people to nearly 60 people! I think there are some other skaters that have Facebook profiles but I'm not sure who.

And thanks for the link to Yu-Na's photos! Hao Zhang is hilarious!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! First pic was of him on this horse and I can't stop laughing!

Daisuke's hair is just........ It's amazing how much he is able to do with it! Laughing And a pic with Stephane seems like a common souvenir for a few skaters (Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and Meryl Davis and Charlie White have pics of them with Stephane from last year on their official sites). I love that they all seem to get along so well! That's what makes a lot of them great people. They can compete against each other and then hang out afterwards. I admire them for being able to do that!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi, DTFF members! Very Happy
Did you enjoy my pics?? If I have a chance, I will upload other skaters' pics to Gallery.

Here is my report of World Championships 2008 in Sweden.
At first, I gave up to go to see the Worlds 2008, however, I made up my work to go to see only Men's Free Skating and Exhibition. I'm was very sorry that I could not see Daisuke's short program.
I arrived at Gothenburg in Sweden at night of 21st and I got on the air terminal buss to the hotel directly. It was freezing day with a little snow, there's a big difference weather between getting warm in Japan and Gothenburg. Gothenburg is very beautiful place to visit in Sweden.

March 22nd, 2008(SAT)
Men's Free Skating "Romeo and Juliet"

1)8:30~11:30 Men's Free Skating Official Practice (Pls refer to my pics of Gallery at FS practice.)
We could see many popular male competitor was practicing there and many female spectators cheered and applause to them when they jumped completely.
At 10:30 a.m, as Daisuke appeared the rink with "Romeo and Juliet"s costume, many fans called "Daisuke!!". I was surprised that he is also popular in Europe! He practiced 3A-2T several times, but it didn't work completely. His speciality 3A's axis was not stable and not high. Also he could not jump at second 2T. As usual, every time Daisuke jumped, he went to Morozov for receiving his advise. He was very nervous and he seemed that he lost confidence about his jumps a little bit. You know how he liked at my pics at Gallery. Daisuke tried to jump quads several times, but it didn't work completely. I was worrying about his quads at that time.
During the practice of tune "Romeo and Juliet", he did only 3A practice without the slow part, suddenly he quit his performance and went to see Morozov.

2)Warming-up 6 min. before FS
Daisuke looked so pale and pretty nervous. He practiced 3Lz and 3A-2T several times, however, 3Lz was O.K and 3A-2T was not completed as same as morning practice. Because of his incomplete jumps, he was in a bind. When I've always seen his strong fighting spirits in his way like "Come on!" at warming-up, but unfortunately I couldn't feel it so strong this time.

At Men's warming up, Jeff never fell any jumps he did as long as I could see. His condition was quite good. Because of illness, Brian was thin, however, he jumped 4T completely. He was good. I was very surprised about Johnny, he changed his mind more positively then last year and was keeping a good condition.

Last edited by Leode on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2008
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next