Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Figure Skating Championships 2008

Go down 
+11
anne-marie
UMgal
Sabse
Shatterpoint
hsuhs
swandie
miyu
glorydave
MissC
Roko
Leode
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi Sabse! I couldn't find it on youtube....
I will translate it soon. Wait for a moment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Sabse
1A
1A
Sabse

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Thank you for that, Glorydave!
He got just one jump downgrated, so it wasnt really that bad, its really this last combination, why the hell did he do those mistake? Suspect

He got just 139 points for the LP, its long ago, that it was that less Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:29 pm

miyu wrote:
I want to say to you "Thank you very much."
YES! YES! YES! THANK YOU DAISUKE! cheers

DTFF members, I'm happy to see so many people online showing their love for Daisuke! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Many thanks for the information and comments, DTFF members and also thank you! Daisuke!!
I'm very sad and shocked about this reslt, however, Jeff and Brian did great job this time which I saw at live. I never disappoint Daisuke now and then.

I saw his practice today. It seemd that he was not keep good condition and his jumps were also not completed than before. But his expression was extremly great at Men's free.
Honesty, I don"t know what to do and I have to be calm down right now.
Only this place makes me feel better.......

miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:49 pm

The interview after FP. (It looked like before all skater finished.)

Q: How do you feel now?
I regret the two mistakes of jumps. Regarding the rest of skating I couldn't show my best skating. It was a regrettable game for me.
Q: Do you have any pressure?
I didn't feel pressure but I really wanted to get a medal and I was obsesed by it. I wasn't in good shape and it made me tensed very much in the different way. I don't know well but I think I lost due to pressure.
Q: Do you mean you were obsessed by getting a gold medal?
I really wanted a gold so it was a shame.
Q: Did you feel anything different here in Wolrd Championships?
Yes I felt like this was Wolrd Championships. The game was full of tension.

glorydave wrote:
DTFF members, I'm happy to see so many people online showing their love for Daisuke! Very Happy
Yeah if I couldn't share my feeling with DTFF members I was depressed MUCH MORE. Thank you for sharing your feelings with me, everyone!!!Embarassed Embarassed

GO DAI-CHAN!!! cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by miyu on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Just one thing I must say,
I love your performance, Daisuke!! You're so great!!

Momoko
1A
1A
Momoko

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:52 pm

It seems maybe he was TOO focused on getting a medal. Maybe he should have focused more on just performing like he usually does?

I'm excited for next season though. He will come bouncing back with daring and exciting programs and will wow us as he always does!

Good luck Daisuke! We love you ^_^
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Hi Leode!! Are you OK????
Yes! Yes! Dai-chan is GREAT!!

Momoko wrote:
Good luck Daisuke! We love you ^_^
Yay!!Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Leode wrote:
Honesty, I don"t know what to do and I have to be calm down right now.
Only this place makes me feel better.......
Hi Leode! I can imagine how you feel...
I've a shower trying to calm down... You're right, this forum is a special place... here I know we are all sharing the same feelings...

miyu wrote:
Yeah if I couldn't share my feeling with DTFF members I was depressed MUCH MORE. Thank you for sharing your feelings with me, everyone!!!
Yes, miyu! THANK YOU ALL! Very Happy

Thanks miyu for translation! Daisuke looked so nervous before warm up...
But he's a great champion, so I'm sure he can learn so much from this experience...

GO DAISUKE!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roko
1A
1A

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 12:38 am

Shatterpoint wrote:
I'm so proud of Jeff and Johnny, I think they deserve their medals completely.

Shatterpoint, me too. I am so happy for Johnny, considering what happend to him at GPF and US Nationals! He was so beautiful tonight.

I am also happy for Brian who had the hardest season ever. Glad that he did not waste entire season and delivered wonderful program in the end!

Daisuke was not quite himself tonight. He did not complete CiSt and lost control over him. He seems to forget that he is a master of jumps & footworks and an artist on the ice. Hope he rests & regains power by Japan Open in April where he faces some of the top 6 again.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:19 am

I was gonna wait until tomorrow to watch on ESPN but I couldn't take it after reading that Daisuke had a bad free on Mao's facebook group. I was hoping he was still going to be on the podium. Sad Even worse for Tomas Verner....he only placed 20th in the free and dropped all the way down to 15th.

On the other hand: All right Jeff!!!!! And to think just a few weeks ago, he didn't think he had a chance. Congrats!!! cheers
Also, good job Brian for coming back from that short! I'm sure he's surprised to be standing on the podium with Jeff and Johnny instead of Stephane and Daisuke. And nice work, Johnny...the changes he made have paid and he should be very happy. Congrats to all of the medalists!!! cheers cheers cheers

The nationalist in me is happy that the U.S. isn't totally shut out of the medals. The fan in me, however, is not happy because Daisuke fell apart. I didn't want to see him disappointed. Like Tanith Belbin, I think he wanted the title too much. Also, he may have peaked too soon. It's been a rough worlds for me as a fan...I can't believe I'm actually crying right now! I just...I just wanted Dai to do well! Sad Sad Sad Sad I really hope that he's alright and that he's able to move on from this. Better this happen now than at the Olympics... I think he has learned that maybe he should focus on skating well instead of the prize.

I'm really grateful for this place right now! It's nice having other fans to "talk" to...to share the good and the bad times with. Honestly, this is a little easier to deal with than what happened to Tanith and Ben because of I have this forum to come to. I hope you all are ok...this may not what we wanted for Dai but he is so lucky to have fans like us who are behind him no matter what. The only thing we can do is wish him all the best for next season.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:21 am

Thank goodness for this forum where I can share with other fans. I'm feeling unsettlingly down about this setback for Dai-chan, I couldn't sleep at all last night. I agree that Daisuke was not himself during the competition, and seemed especially, unusually nervous before the free skate. I thinks this experience will be valuable for him in learning to go more with his own skating, trust in his training, and skate for the love and beauty of what he does more than getting caught up on winning. Balance the hunger for victory with the drive to satisfy his own creative striving and meet new challenges.
I think Takahiko did a great job at his first worlds, looked confident, like at Japan nationals, and really made a strong contribution to ensuring Japan retains three men's berths for next year's worlds. Well done, Taka!! cheers
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:24 am

And I just want to add WE LOVE YOU DAISUKE!!! EVEN MORE!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 am

Hi, you guys. We must remember to continue to be proud of Daisuke for attempting such an incredibly difficult technical program with two quads and two triple axels! He tried this not only one time during the most important event of the season (Worlds), but two other times successfully as well. His brave risks didn't pay off this time, but I believe that in the long run it will. This will especially help him if Plushenko comes back next season.

And I agree with the rest of you guys, the biggest lesson that he will learn this time is that focusing obsessively on the gold medal/prize is not as effective as just trying to do your very best in skating and performing.

I'm glad also that since Daisuke was unable to win, Jeff was able to instead because his skating and his personality really are admirable. Congrats to Brian and Johnny too for his first Worlds medal!

Thank you so much all DTFF members for sharing your positive views and encouragement for Daisuke. I'm glad that even though things didn't turn out as well as we would have liked this time, this forum has still remained such a positive and supportive place for Daisuke and his fans.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:51 pm

The day after...
I can't sleep well tonight... Now I want to see Daisuke at the Gala! I hope he can smile to the audience Very Happy and show us his beautiful skating... cheers
This will make me feeling better...

Roko wrote:
Hope he rests & regains power by Japan Open in April where he faces some of the top 6 again.
Hi Roko. I don't know anything about this competition... can you tell me something more?

I'm looking for Daisuke interview after FP on web, but I haven't found it yet. Is there somebody who has got this video??? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:14 pm

Thank you all for sharing your feeling with me!!Very Happy Very Happy
I totally agree with what you all said.

I forgot saying this last night.....

Congratulations to all of the medalists!!!cheers cheers

Perfect performance from Jeffrey! That was really a tremendous performance!!!
I was amazed by Brian. I was very happy to see his beautifil quad again in Worlds after he had spent a painful season.
And Johnny. You were very brave to try a quad in such a tough moment. And of course very beautiful!!

There weren't new reports about Dai-chan in Japan so far today.
It's good behavior as crazy Japanese medias keeping themselves away from him for a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi glorydave! Very Happy

Japan Open is a kind of fun match.
Team Japan, Eourope and North America will battle against each other.

Here is Japan Open site.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2008/

members
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2008/cast.html

Roko, will you go to JO?? I hope your favorite Evan will be able to come to JO.
Back to top Go down
Sabse
1A
1A
Sabse

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:51 pm

You are right, miyu, hopefully the media will behave! Unbelievable, but Japan Today wrote, Daisuke had a "disappointing Freeskate" silent That is not fair and not true, isnt it? Because he would got Medal, if he didnt got this strange punishment!
Why did the ISU not like with Joubert with the music, just one point deduction instead of the whole element? I can not understand those rules...

I hope, the Japanese Skating Federation will behave too, i heard, that the people there can be very hard to the skaters, if they not win, remember Miki Ando after Torin Olympics... pale
Back to top Go down
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 3:19 pm

Sabse! Bianchetti, refeere judge, said he heard words in the music of Brian's short program, but the composer said there were no words!!! Anyway this deduction didn't affect the results. But it is not fair...
Daisuke was so perfect during the whole season and he was the favourite. When the great moment arrived (to achieve his goal), he was too upset to manage. I can't believe what happened to Verner, he was also very upset.
Weir skated very well, and try a quad but with a 2 feet landing.
Buttle was perfect in everything, like a dancer on the ice, very easy, and he was lucky to be the last one to skate. Because...
Joubert didn't believe that Buttle, not very good during the previous trainings, and used to fall at least one time in the past during his long programs, second behind Chan at the Canadian championships, will skate succesfully this time...so Joubert did only one quad instead of 3 (this is what he planed to do and what he would attempt if Lambiel or Daichan skated at their best...). Joubert has changed the choregraphy of his free program since the European championships, and obtained the best component score, he improved a lot with Kurt Browning; it was a beautiful choregraphy.
I hope that Daichan will recover, he is able to do it. He is still young!
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 3:52 pm

I found an article and picked up a few comments from Dai-chan.Very Happy Very Happy

http://iceblue.cocolog-nifty.com/figure/2008/03/64_c6ec.html

"I definitely wanted to win. That desire was too strong. Only my feeling went forward and forward."
He regretted so with his face contorted, which showed he cried before.

He answered to the question why he didn't do just one quad which was rough for a while even though Nikolai recommended to do one. "Because I don't want to escape."

I always think perhaps the writer, Hirono Aoshima, is a big fan of him. She wrote like this in a part of the article.

I really think his bare fighting spirit is superb. Now that it's come to this it is good for him to keep the way he is. Admitting rivals, keeping them in his mind strongly and doing whatever to win. Exactly that is Daisuke Takahashi's toughness. When he go the whole way, he will become to be able to use the two-edged blade. (<= She mentioned the desire to win is two-edged blade before.)

Yes!! Dai-chan is superb!!!cheers cheers

Sabse wrote:
hopefully the media will behave!
Yeah. He deserves to have a quiet rest for a while. I hope he will be able to go on a trip without his skating shoes as he wrote in his blog!! Don't you think so, Sabse?? Cool Cool

anne-marie wrote:
Bianchetti, refeere judge, said he heard words in the music of Brian's short program, but the composer said there were no words!!!
It's really naughty..... Mad But anway I'm very happy with Brian's wongerful comeback!!!Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi, DTFF members!
Thank you so much for your warm comments and I'm very appreciate to hear that here.

Today, It's very warm in Sweden and fine day!!
Now I'm back to the hotel from the exhibition practice.
After sawing the practice of Gala, Daisuke seemed to be O.K. and I saw his smile. So, everybody, you don't have to worry about him anymore.

For final ending of Gala, everyone practiced to how to act from teaching by Swedish choreographer. Daisuke was using red ribbon with posing on the ice when he gave us peace with a smile. And he made the audience laugh. I think he is getting over his result now.(And me, too.)

His exhibition program was so deep and expressed his feeling.
Please DON'T MISS HIS EXHIBITION'S PROGRAM!!
Now I can't wait to see it!!

Last edited by Leode on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Shatterpoint
1A
1A

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Leode wrote:
Hi, DTFF members!
Thank you so much for your warm coments and I'm very appreciate to hear that here.

Today, It's very warm in Sweden and fine day!!
Now I'm back to the hotel from the exhibition practice.
After sawing the practice of Gala, Daisuke seemed to be O.K. and I saw his smile. So, everybody, you don't have to worry about him anymore.

For final ending of Gala, everyone practiced to how to act from teaching by Swedish coreogrpher. Daisuke was useing red ribbon with posing on the ice when he gave us peace with a smile. And he made the audience laugh. I think he is getting over his result now.(And me, too.)

Now I can't wait to see it!!

I'm glad he's still able to smile and make everyone laugh.

I think this result will just make him want it even more next time, and I'm sure he'll train even harder to achieve his goals.

But for now, I'm looking forward to seeing the exhibition, which will have 4 of my favorite men in figure skating in it! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesplatzone.blogspot.com
UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 6:37 pm

My greatest appreciation to you, miyu, for your translations once again and for the information about the Japan Open. santa

The men's field in the Japan Open is going to be very incredible with Takeshi, Evgeni, Todd, Evan, and Stephane. It will be another challenge for Daisuke to try to meet and will be a good place for him to redeem himself and restore his confidence.

Quote :
He answered to the question why he didn't do just one quad which was rough for a while even though Nikolai recommended to do one. "Because I don't want to escape."

Even though yesterday was the lowest that I have felt as a fan in a long long time, I still really admire Daisuke for this. He had a lot of courage to go for two quads even though with one he had a great chance to get on the podium. Once he can control his nerves (gather mental toughness) and put his artistic and technical capabilites together in perfect harmony, he'll once again be in reach of the top.

I'm so happy to hear back from you Leode. Your post calms me down so much. sunny

Quote :

This is the reason why I loved his skating originally, so I want to see this very much.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi Leode!
Thank you for your report about exhibition practice...

Leode wrote:
[...] And he made the audience laugh. I think he is getting over his result now.(And me, too.)
I need to hear this! alien

I found this video on youtube. It's about Daisuke's warm up and interview after FP... I don't understand if it's the same interview miyu translated...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jbkdUQW2E
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2008
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next