Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program

Go down 
+5
yerina
Calliope
champs
MissC
Leode
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program Empty
PostSubject: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyThu May 17, 2007 10:17 pm

Off course, we have several Gala during the off-season, however, especially, I'm thinking of Daisuke's new program at first.
Here is my expectation elements for new free program for him.

Free Program Total basic score: 69.4
1)The first half ---quad flip, triple Axel, quad toe-triple loop,
2)Latter half---- triple lutz, triple Axel-double loop, triple flip, triple lutz-double loop-double loop, triple salchow

I'd like to see Daisuke's combination quad-triple jump again.
This is very hard program! If it is possible, he needs a lot of power and should control his speed. I hope that he can do it.
Daisuke said "If I get a medal, I have to do quad jump twice."

もちろん、オフシーズンにはGALAがありますが、私は特に高橋選手の新しいプログラムについて考えています。
というわけで、早速新しいプログラムのジャンプのエレメンツを予想してみました。

フリープログラム 合計基礎点:69.4点
1)前半--4F, 3A, 4T-3Lo
2)後半--3Lz, 3A-2Lo, 3F, 3Lz-2Lo-2Lo, 3S

高橋選手の4-3のジャンプがまた見たいので入れてみましたが、とてもハードなプログラムなので、もっと筋力やスピード制御が必要でしょうね。でも、高橋選手ならやれると思っています。
高橋選手は「メダルを取るには4回転を2回入れなければ。」と言っていましたね。 cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyMon May 21, 2007 5:41 pm

Leode wrote:
Free Program Total basic score: 69.4
1)The first half ---quad flip, triple Axel, quad toe-triple loop,
2)Latter half---- triple lutz, triple Axel-double loop, triple flip, triple lutz-double loop-double loop, triple salchow
Quad toe-triple LOOP?!?! Shocked Can he do that?? I'd rather see him go for "the usual" 4T-3T, beautifully and clean. He could then put the 3L on the lutz or, and I think it'd be better, on the flip (he seems more secure on the 3F than on the 3Lz).

That said, what I really want is a strong choreography. Phantom of the Opera was a bit empty, but now that he's got the jumps "fixed", I hope he can add more choreography...
I also hope he'll have faster and better spins, and that his step sequences will be as terrific as usual! Cool
Back to top Go down
champs
1A
1A
champs

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyWed May 23, 2007 12:08 am

I'm not so much technically inclined as other figureskating fans, but if I'm allowed to say anything on the technical aspects, then realistically speaking I'm not sure if he can incorporate 4t-3x (be x either T or Lo) combo next season. His jumps have been more stable/controlled this season (at least after Skate Canada) than before, but it appears to me his 3-3 combos are still labored. It all depends on how much progress he'll be making during the off season but at this point I (mind you, I'm not so technically inclined Smile so please take my opinion with a grain of salt) predict that if he could manage to squeeze a second jump in after 4T that would be a double at best.

But I would love to HOPE for the best program and 4T-3Lo or 4T-3T would be fantastic (well, who doesn't think so? Very Happy)

One thing that I'm curious about, in case he moves on to a more physically demanding program jump-wise, is whether Morozov will try to squeeze in a more "slow (a.k.a. resting) passage" in the middle. I just watched Joubert, Lambiel, and Verner's skating in the free @ 07 Worlds, and they (especially Verner) took more rest in different parts of their programs than Daisuke.

One thing that really impressed me about Daisuke's free this past season is how he maintained the dynamism and the flow throughout in this very physically demanding program, but if he wants to maintain the intricacy of his steps, improve his spins, and incorporate two quads all in the same program, then somehow a little more rest will be necessary than there is in the Phantom prog, or he'll be out of stamina towards the end...only a small choreographical teaser just before the step sequence (as in Phantom) won't be enough, I think.

So, including more slow passages yet maintaining the dynamic flow, I think this balace will be something Morozov should carefully work out for Daisuke.

...every time I write something on the technical side of fs I feel I'm being arrogant; I know I'm still a noob Wink Don't be harsh on me...
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyWed May 23, 2007 2:09 pm

Daisuke can land beautiful 4T-3T combos, he's done it in competition in the past, for instance at the 2005 Worlds in Moscow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ9uY0edME
(Gosh, is this program a masterpiece or what?? you have to feel for him skating with an injury though, it looks so painful!)

I'm sure he could bring it back into his programs, I know he's landed it easily in practice this past season - or at least at some point during the winter. Wink
His 3-3 combos are also to die for in practice and if they don't always look so clean and easy in competition, it's rather a matter of nerves (as ever so often!).
And boy do I hope he can nail the 4F!!

That said, I totally agree that he might need a few "resting spots" in his LP, in order to land more complicated jumps and make the whole look more intense. king
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: 4T-3T is 13 point and 4T-3Lo 14 point   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyWed May 23, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi, MissC, welcome to this forum.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. I know Daisuke's done 4T-3T at Moscow, however, this is just my expectation and I'd like to see more his progress for next season. Because his jump was getting better every competitions and also loop jump after skate Canada 2006. Actually, according to basic score, 4T-3T is 13 point and 4T-3Lo is 14 point. This only one point makes a big difference at free program to get a gold medal which he desire. About spin, I agree with you. By the way, I heard that Daisuke is practicing 4A from Japanese newspaper, Wooh! I think that this is not practical yet, but it proceed to make some kinds of jump more smoothly.Smile

Hi, champs, you have a good opinion. so, pls do not hesitate to talk about technical side. Smile
To everyone, I'd like to know your opinion about Daisuke's new program more, pls join us, thank you. cheers

こんちには、MissCさん、ようこそ。
高橋選手はモスクワで4T-3Tやっていましたね。でも4T-3Loは私の期待なので、次のシーズンは新たなる進化を見たいものです。高橋選手のジャンプは競技をするごとに良くなっていったし、スケートカナダの後はループジャンプも良くなりましたね。実際のところ、基礎点が4T-3T は13点だし4T-3Loは14点なので、高橋選手の望む金メダルを取るのには1点差は大きいと思うわけです。スピンについてはおっしゃる通りですね。
ところで、日本の新聞によれば高橋選手は4Aを練習しているそうですが、実践的ではなくても、ある種のジャンプの進化には良いようですね。

champsさん、良い意見ですので、技術的なこともどんどん書き込んで下さいね。
皆さんの高橋選手の新プログラムについてのご意見お待ちしています。 Smile

Last edited by on Thu May 24, 2007 5:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyThu May 24, 2007 3:10 am

I don't think Daisuke needs to do a 4T-3Lo, 4T-3T would be fine. None of the top guys except for Oda does a 3Lo as the back end of a combination, and even if the base value for a loop combo is one point higher, it'd be better to do a 4T-3T well and get higher GOE. Has anyone done a 4T-3Lo in competition, by the way? I don't think I've ever seen one.

I think even more than adding two quads to the LP, he needs to add a 4-3 combo to the SP. We've seen that even with only one quad, his jumping layout from this season's LP is competitive with Joubert and three quads. It's the SP he's losing points in without a quad.

I read about him practicing a 4A (and 4Lo) too, but it doesn't sound like he's aiming to do it in competition. (His coach said that experiencing the speed of a quad in the air will help his triples.) I do hope he can perfect the 4F, however. The flip is his best jump, so it seems more feasible than 4A or 4Lo. Hopefully he won't injure himself practicing all those quads, though; I'd hate to see him end up like Takeshi Honda (who supposedly landed quads of every type of jump in practice, but look where the injuries got him).
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyThu May 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Calliope, I'm also worried about injuries, all these quads are a serious strain on the body. I agree with you that he should put the 4T-3T back in the SP too.

Leode, I know a 3L is worth more than a 3T, I was just asking if Dai is actually capable of putting a 3L after the 4T (= has anyone ever seen him do that?) - because I don't think I've ever heard of any skater doing it, but I know that Dai's jumping abilities are one of a kind. Cool
(Moreover, if it's just about base value being higher, there's no 3T at all in the jumps setting you wrote down - it's worth more than a 2L! Wink)

Whatever he decides (and I hope that HE decides, not Morozov), I hope that he can stay as consistent as this past season - I still can't believe how far he's come! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Single or Combination, to be or not to be   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyFri May 25, 2007 11:32 pm

Hi, Calliope, MissC,
You're right both of you. 4T-3Lo is not practical jump for Daisuke, he's never done before. It's just my expectation. I know that he has more clean 4T-3T, however, this one should use for SP. Regarding to practical consideration, it would be higher risk to use comination jump like 4T-3T after 4F(if it is possible) for FP. And I think that single jump 4F and 4T would be better. It is very difficult choice single jumps or combination jump. It depends on his stamina.

I hate to see that all skaters injure by practice or performance for quad jump, not only Daisuke. Takeshi Honda is a great skater and he is one of my favorite quad jumpers. Now he is supporting Daisuke with technical side, it is very delightful news for me.

Hi, champs,
You have a good point. If Daisuke jump quads two tims, Morozov would choreograph slow part for rest which it needs.

Hi, everyone,
I guess that this is very interesting topic, pls give us your thought, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 5:59 pm

According to Morozov's interview, here is my updating expectation jump elements for Daisuke's new programs. Morozov commented about 3A, "I will make a program for Daisuke including with second 3A after 2 min."

Short Program Total jump basic score : 23.8
1)4T, 3A-2T, 3Lz

2006-2007 season "Concert for Violin and Orchestra"
Short Program Total Jump basic score : 23.0
1)3F+3T, 3A, 3Lz

Free Program Total jump basic score:62.91
1)The first half--4S, 3A-2T, 3Lz
2)Latter half--3A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz-2T-2T, 3S, 3T

2006-2007 season Free "Phantom of the Opera"
Free Program Total Jump basic score:61.71
1)The first half--4T, 3A, 3A+2T
2)Latter half--3F-3T, 3Lz-2T-2T, 3Lo, 3F, 3S

If he do "Romeo & Juliet" by P. I. Tchaikovski", I think this jump components fits the music. Anyway, I can't wait to see new program on Oct. 6, 2007.

Last edited by on Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
yerina
1A
1A
yerina

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 7:45 pm

At 06-07 Season's SP, It's 3F-3T, not 3F-2T.
Anyway, at Short Program, Axel jump, one combination, and solo jump with steps are necessary, IMO.
So I think combo will be 4T-3T or 3F-3L(3T), and 3A & 3Lz are same.

And my opinions for Free's jumps are-
4S, 4T, 3A-2T, 3Lz
3A, 3F-3T, 3Lz-2T-2L, 3Lo, 3F
I know it would be hard for him, but Daisuke said he will do two quad in free, and I think he does 3L better thank 3T for solo jump Neutral
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 8:18 pm

Thanks for your comment and the notice, yerina. Very Happy I corrected it.
Quote :
And my opinions for Free's jumps are-
4S, 4T, 3A-2T, 3Lz
3A, 3F-3T, 3Lz-2T-2L, 3Lo, 3F
I know it would be hard for him, but Daisuke said he will do two quad in free, and I think he does 3L better thank 3T for solo jump Neutral
Wow, quad twice 4S and 4T!! Shocked It is very hard for Daisuke! I think last jump 3F is not needed by Zayak's rule. So, here is your score without 3F: Very high score!! I hope he can do it.

Total Jump basic Score: 66.96
4S, 4T, 3A-2T, 3Lz
3A, 3F-3T, 3Lz-2T-2L, 3Lo

Daisuke said that he will do quad twice, however, this means he will do quads twice in free or twice in short and free. Anyway, we can see which means on Oct. 6th, 2007.
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 11:51 pm

I don't know if Daisuke will do quad in SP... there are only three jumps and it can be dangerous miss one of them...
So I think SP will be:
3F-3T, 3A, 3Lz
like last year SP...

I think he will do twice quad in Free Program... it could be important propose two different quad (4S and 4T Shocked ), but it can be very hard for Daisuke! So, in my opinion he will do twice 4T...
4T-3(2)T, 4T, 3A-2T
3A, 3Lz-2T-2Lo, 3F, 3Lo, 3S.

...but it's difficult to imagine new programs... I don't know... scratch

Anyway, I can't wait to see them!!! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 1:18 pm

Hmmm, very difficult issue. Rolling Eyes

Leode, I think I've never seen someone performing 3A in combo in SP or maybe it's just my lack of knowledge.... Is that OK? If it's OK, Leode's idea is nice for SP.

Regarding LP, considering why Dai-chan practice 3F+3Lo combination he will do 4T. (I think he wants to avoid committing the same mistake(?? Sad Sorry Dai-chan!) of Olympics.) Then it comes 2 quads in LP.

How about this?

4S, 4T, 3A+2T
3A, 3F+3Lo, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3Lz(or 3F), 3S

Oh! Very difficult!! Rolling Eyes But actually I'd rather like to see his Level 4 Clst more than 2 qauds. cheers
We will be able to see it in one and half week!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 9:39 pm

After I wrote above comment, I got an idea 3A+3T. Rolling Eyes

How about...
4S, 3A+3T, 3Lz
3A, 3F+3Lo, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3F, 3S

It is the first time for me to think about such thing seriously. I thank DTFF to give me such opportunity! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yerina
1A
1A
yerina

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 1:06 am

Wow, this topic is interesting more and more! Smile

Quote :
I've never seen someone performing 3A in combo in SP or maybe it's just my lack of knowledge.... Is that OK?
Before new scoring system, many skaters did 3A in combo. But for now, it's a loss to do that for basic score. Because if anyone does 3A in combo, then he must perform Axel in double. I think that's the reason why skaters don't performing 3A in combo at SP.
ex) 3A-3T, 3Lz, 2A : Basic score 21.0
3F-3T, 3Lz, 3A : Basic score 23.0

Quote :
4S, 3A+3T, 3Lz
3A, 3F+3Lo, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3F, 3S
In addition, in the men's free skating, there're available max 8 triple jumps and must not perform three kinds of triple each twice. (I don't know how to express it.. sorry for my poor english Sad )
So according to second miyu's wrote, one combination may be 3-2, IMO.

Quote :
...but it's difficult to imagine new programs... I don't know...
Ah, me too... why??
Maybe the last season's programs are so impact in our heart? Smile
But I believe Daisuke will peforming wonderful Romeo!

Leode, thanks for comment!
btw, what's the Zayak's rule?
Sorry, I know it's a silly question, but my skating fan careers are short... Sad
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 11:19 am

Thank you so much yerina for telling me why skaters avoid doing 3A in combo and correcting my mistake!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yeah I understand now. I think Zayak's rule is what you've told me, skaters can do only 2 kinds of jumps twice in one program.
Quote :
But I believe Daisuke will peforming wonderful Romeo!
Yes!! So do I!! Cool Cool

I've seen the result of Thomas at Nebelhorn-Trophy. (What happend to him???)
http://www.deu-event.de/results/Nebelhorn_2007/NT07_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

His jumps in LP:
2T 3T 3Lz
1A 1A 3Lo 3F 3S

I guess they would have been...
4T in combo 4T 3Lz
3A in combo 3A 3Lo 3F 3S

It seemed he would perform 5 jumps in a row in latter half of LP like Dai-chan.
What do you think Dai-chan will have to do 2 quads too? Rolling Eyes Or he will be able to get more points from other elements and PCS so he won't need to have 2 quads???

Anyway we can see in a week!! Go Dai-chan!! We are always with you!!cheers
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi, yerina and miyu. Thanks for your comments. Very Happy
miyu wrote:
I think Zayak's rule is what you've told me, skaters can do only 2 kinds of jumps twice in one program.
Yeah, it is right. If you are interested in Zayak, pls look bellow site. The Zayak's rule was from American Figure Skater Elaine Zayak.

Elaine Zayak
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_Zayak
Back to top Go down
yerina
1A
1A
yerina

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 9:01 pm

Yeah, I see. Thanks miyu and Leode!

OMG Shocked
I saw his SP.
His jumps were clean -little shaking but no miss-, steps are more faster, and the program is nice.
Verner, what did you do at free?? Sad Sad

Quote :
I guess they would have been...
4T in combo 4T 3Lz
3A in combo 3A 3Lo 3F 3S
Wow, really!
And 3A twice at second half!!!
If he perform clean FS, he could gain much points!
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:20 am

How much longer is Daisuke going to be using his current short, free and exhibition programs? For example, will he use the current ones for the upcoming Japan Open?
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:20 am

nipponophile wrote:
How much longer is Daisuke going to be using his current short, free and exhibition programs? For example, will he use the current ones for the upcoming Japan Open?

Most likely he will keep those programs for the Japan Open. It's only a few weeks away which is probably not enough time to choreograph all new programs. Dai needs a vacation before he starts working on new programs!
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program   2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program Empty

Back to top Go down

2007-2008 Season Daisuke's new program
Page 1 of 1