Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HYOEN 2017

Go down 
+4
synesthesia
Dancergirl
Shyla
PATTINA
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi DTFF friends!

Translation of Daisuke Takahashi's words from Hyoen Brochure
http://izayukam.tumblr.com/post/161620892482/daisuke-takahashis-words-from-brochure-of-hyoen

HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 Page1

DAISUKE TAKAHASHI : as Kuro Hogan Yoshitsune Minamoto

“The surprise with the scale of it is greater than I imagined. Everyone working for this production is an outstanding expert.”

I first heard about the initial vision of this “Hyoen” in 2015, when I was studying in New York. I vaguely thought that it must be fun making such a show, but at the time I was away from skating trying to reset things to start with a clean slate, so I could not see specific image of myself to play a role in it. I just thought that it would be nice if I can do such a show some day.

Two years later, today, “Hyoen” has realized. Honestly, it was a surprise that this has taken shape this fast, but more than that I feel a special link by fate that I could get the offer to be a part of it right at the timing I made a new start as a professional skater.

And moreover, once it was revealed, the whole picture of “Hyoen” project totally blew me away. I never thought it would have such a massive level of projection mapping, and it comes with a far greater scale of cast and staff than I imagined. I feel huge pressure but the other cast undoubtedly and probably every member of the staff also feel the same way. Everyone working for this production is an outstanding expert. All the people who never worked with before have come together in one place across categories of business.

This time it is a collaboration of Figure Skating and Kabuki, and I especially found it interesting that no line is drawn between the two, self-contained as “Kabuki actors are for Kabuki and Figure Skaters Figure Skating”. It is the first-time collaboration in the world, and therefore, both sides took off the exact same start line groping around our way to make this together — both sides of the cast tried new challenges in their own fields and had a goal to become one, mixing Kabuki and Figure Skating together — the process of it is very fresh and it is great fun.

This show brought me new discoveries in figure skating through the costume fitted to the character or the motions particular to Kabuki. For one thing, skating costumes are mostly tight-fitted and clingy, and I never knew showing my movement in a costume that is not, and Kimono of all others, was such a hard task. I have been expressing using my whole bodyline without thinking, so it was difficult to build the performances having that line hidden. Also, normally in figure skating, it is very important to make each movement look big in a large rink, but this time, it is the opposite. Instead of making a big movement, motions that are delicate and subtle are required. I struggled to find how I can make an impact in the rink. On top of that, I have scenes with no movement at all that never happens in figure skating (lol). The figures of those are not flashy, and I seriously wondered how on earth I can make them look attractive and cool. I felt that I had to put my creativity into it.

The role I play is Yoshitsune Minamoto, someone every Japanese knows. I was told that I would be playing this role quite some time ago, but to be honest, I had very little idea about this man other than his name, and I could not visualize how I can play this person. He actually has many faces, such as, an image of Ushiwaka-maru (Translator’s notes: a mostly fictional image of his young days meeting his faithful detainer/guard Benkei) and also a tragic image of his death by his own sword after fleeting as a fugitive. Only, however, since Somegoro san relieved my worries by telling me, “Takahashi san, you are OK not to make out a role, but be as yourself”, I felt that I could make a totally new picture of Yoshitsune away from the images already made in the history or in the stories. In this “Basara” story, the characters are from different time periods in the history and this particular Yoshitsune is supposed to be a “symbol of justice”, so I think the answer for this role is to dedicate to that and build a positive image of the persona. Vogue Japan is in charge of the hair styling, and I expected that it was going to be somewhat modern. I have never performed in such a hair or make-up and this excites me a lot (LOL). It was my first time to jump with such a long hair style of course, and I enjoy challenging an unknown experience like that.

I got a lot to learn this time on how I present “space” as well. To us, skaters, we “express” moving and skating, not remaining still. So it is important to adjust the size of movement according to the extent of the rink space. Kabuki, on the other hand, has the beauty to fascinate you by only a slight movement as well as large, flashy motions. In this show, we have the same size of the stage as regular skating shows while we adopt motions in Kabuki style, so we have to think about the balance in managing the space.  And moreover, we do not just use the surface of the ice but the space far above in the air, and it must be a key factor that how we make good use of such different layers of spaces.

In those senses above and more, I believe that Hyoen expands new possibilities of ice shows. If we make this show a great success, I expect the next one would come as a fusion with an art of a genre we could never imagine. And above all, I am happy to feel that we could think that “skaters can do such things” ourselves, and that would give us a push to have a next dream, concept and idea for sure.

“The answer to what is asked in professional figure skaters will be found in this show”

Now figure skating as a sport enjoys receiving the unprecedented attention from the people. And yet, while the skaters have more chances to have their names known, it is still the reality that building a second career is simply difficult. The period of time one can be a competitive skater is not long, and the time to be active in the front lines as a professional skater is limited as well. However, as “Hyoen” suggests, with the support of the style to tell a story, or groundbreaking forms of presentation, possibilities for skaters are greatly expanded. That is, possibilities for skaters to be able to have different kind of careers by obtaining a new form of expressing, “acting a character”, not jumps of skating itself. Even though the abilities to perform elements such as jumps go off their highest level, skaters would keep developing in representing what they want to express through their experiences. And that quality is exactly what is demanded by the type of shows such as “Hyoen”. I think if this style of shows spread in Japan and in the world, surely more people can work in figure skating for a longer time. And if more skaters can actively perform in shows, it would boost the entire level of performances of skating population, and even some may aim for this trade — some skaters may seek for performing on this kind of stages, not being the top in competitions. I feel that it is the mission of our generation to find how new careers for skaters are created.

I am feeling very lucky myself that I could be in this show, as I have already had a lot of new discoveries. Every single one of them should be valuable for what I do in the future.

I have a feeling that the answer to what people want from us, professional figure skaters, is found in the “Hyoen” performances as well. I have been thinking for some time now what are supposed to be the things pros only can do, instead of the skating as a competitive sport to compete on the defined elements such as jumps and spins and show the tricks continuously evolving. It is considered that what the audience expect from professionals is a visual “appeal” as rounded and polished entertainment. And although I understand that that is the only quality for pro skaters to be able to surpass the fiery battles of competitive skaters, to be honest, I was still blindly seeking myself what is the attraction only pros hold.

However, as I got to participate in this grand project, now I could reach a conviction. It is the luxury, such as, a generous amount of time the pros only can spend for preparation, great means and vehicles the pros only have access to express through, and high level and innovative tricks only pros can challenge to obtain – this time, such as, Kabuki movements or dancing. That is the privilege allowed only to the professionals. I think the fact that the cast is trying desperately to obtain the new “tricks” and exhibiting them along with the finest staging should give deep fierceness to the show, and that creates an entertainment that gives you thrills different from competitive skating.

In other words, I feel that I am tested here if I can show something only a pro can. And if I am, I will definitely show you I achieve that.

Have a lovely Dai-weekend!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Twind, wow!!! Thank you so much for this fantastic present!!! cheers cheers

Thank you for devoting your time to this translation. flower  Be for ever blessed!!

Great, great words by our man. I love you I love you  He expresses all his feelings so well and deeply.

I'm so proud he was choosen by Somegoro san to perform Yoshitsune, trusting him so much and leaving him all the freedom to create his own dramatic persona.  

All the facts he reveals about HYOEN are interesting and great, but what strikes me more are his ideas of what pro-skaters can try and achieve: amazing. He proved to be able to achieve that and this event has been a groundbreaking form of presentation for new artistic concepts.

Dai has always been a trailblazer for Japanese Men figure skating and now, as a pro, he again IS the "avant-garde" of a new generation. He dances, he skates acting or acts skating..... there is no difference at all. I love you  And I'm even more happy that he did this amazing event with his long-time friends. Together, tied with strong bonds, they can create something new and fresh.

Dai has changed a lot from that dark time when his heart was away from skating. Now he is conscious that being a pro-skater means not to be bound to perform only in traditional ice shows with few chances to prove to audience what a retired skater can still do, to an audience maybe distracted and only willing to watch the final "quads battle".

Now he understands that his soul, his heart, his love for art can expand and find new ways. And he is a writer, too!!! This presentation left me speechless.

Always proud to be his fan, for ever!!!!

EDIT - brand new on the web... seems a magazine has issued or will issue an article on HYOEN2017

https://twitter.com/homebodyy/status/873202497539547137

Just mind-blowing!!!

HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 1z4aerb

Thanks so much to kind uploader!!

Source     https://www.instagram.com/p/BVH_30slwVw/?taken-by=tarakodonburi&hl=it
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 7:40 am

Thank you Twind for translation. That was quite an interview with the ever amazing Dai-chan!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 11:11 am

In a recent interview issued on Astage Ent., Somegoro san was asked about Dai's dance. He had very praising words for our wonderful man.

Thanks to Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi for translation! cheers cheers

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/1044449119025986

Back to top Go down
synesthesia
1A
1A
synesthesia

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Wow, thank you so very much for the translation, Twind! I love you What a great read! Dai comes across so inspired and ambitious here. I already said on GS I can see this leading to even more greatness from our one of a kind allround genius and I agree with everything Pattina wrote here. What a man!!!

Also thank you Pattina for still keeping the Hyoen thread updated.  Very Happy  Those were some very complimentary words from Somegoro-san! No matter what kind of challenge Dai tackles, he's always being showered with praise for his commitment and outstanding talent and rightfully so! cheers

As we all know, Vogue Japan was in charge of the visual art design, costumes and make-up for the show. A photo-report with many new stunning images from the production and from behind the scenes was posted on their website:

https://www.vogue.co.jp/lifestyle/news/2017-06/14/hyoen2017

Doesn't Dai look smokin' hot and unbearably sensual in that black & white picture of him in the make-up chair? I could stare at it all day.  drunken  (What a shame I have to get some work done... Laughing)

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Hullabaloo wrote:

As we all know, Vogue Japan was in charge of the visual art design, costumes and make-up for the show. A photo-report with many new stunning images from the production and from behind the scenes was posted on their website:

https://www.vogue.co.jp/lifestyle/news/2017-06/14/hyoen2017

HB, thanks a lot for link to Vogue. Amazing pics. Their vision of colours, costumes and make-up adds additional art to the already incredible mix between Kabuki and figure skating.

Quote :
Doesn't Dai look smokin' hot and unbearably sensual in that black & white picture of him in the make-up chair? I could stare at it all day.  drunken  (What a shame I have to get some work done... Laughing)

Too unbearable drunken

For some unknown but lucky reasons, I managed to open the website at the office, where use of internet has some blocks. So I could download the pic and keep it wide open on monitor, while working. From time to time (quite often, to be honest Laughing Laughing ) I stopped working and stared speechless.......

Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Our Prayer was heard!!!!!

Hyoen 2017 - Basara - will be aired on NHK BS Premium. Don't miss it!
【Air Schedule】NHK BS Premium August 27th (Sun) 22:50 - 25:05 (till next day AM)
(Time and Date may change)

https://twitter.com/hyoen_basara/status/877451031679913984
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:34 pm

WOW!! YESSSSSSSS!! cheers cheers

Thanks for the update, Twind!!!!

Well, judging by the name I guess NHK BS Premium is a pay channel,  not available on usual streaming....

Anyway, for sure at least we'll have screencaps, clips and gifs by dear Japanese fans....

I bet we'll get drowned by pics of Gorgeous Yoshitsune drunken
Back to top Go down
kuro14
1A
1A
kuro14

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 am

Dear Kuro14, thank you so so much for link to video!!!

Back to top Go down
synesthesia
1A
1A
synesthesia

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Thank you for the link, kuro14! Unfortunately I don't have a vk-account and can't watch the video. Crying or Very sad Is this a new-ish doc or sth. we've seen before?
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Hullabaloo wrote:
Thank you for the link, kuro14! Unfortunately I don't have a vk-account and can't watch the video. Crying or Very sad Is this a new-ish doc or sth. we've seen before?

Same here. When I click on the first video it says I have to sign in to VK to view video.

No problem watching the other older videos in the link.
Back to top Go down
synesthesia
1A
1A
synesthesia

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Shyla wrote:

Hmm, that's odd. For me the older ones don't work either. scratch If they didn't ask for my mobile number, I would create an account...

Pattina, were you able to watch it?
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 am

Hullabaloo wrote:
Shyla wrote:

Hmm, that's odd. For me the older ones don't work either. scratch If they didn't ask for my mobile number, I would create an account...

Pattina, were you able to watch it?

I joined VK back in 2013, to look at Dai's pics collected by a great Russian fan. Loooong time without logging in (she stopped updating in early 2016) - I noticed they now ask for phone number/e-mail instead of usual nickname. As I forgot which one I submitted at the time (I have changed it a couple of time due to pc issues) I tried to sign in and it's possible via FB (where you have to give e-mail, too) if you already have a FB account.

And of course they get all data already submitted to FB.

I tried and it soon opened my old VK account so I could watch the video. It's the "Every" documentary aired on April 30th on HYOEN's making up (backstage, costumes, Dai practicing with katana, on ice practice...etc...)

This uploader has few but very interesting videos.

Last edited by PATTINA on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
synesthesia
1A
1A
synesthesia

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Thank you for the info, Pat! When I tried to log in with my FB account and they still asked for my mobile number I gave up. I think I know the other account you're mentioning. For some reason I was able to see the pictures in there without having to sign up. Suspect

PATTINA wrote:
It's the "Every" documentary aired on April 30th on HYOEN's making up (backstage, costumes, Dai practicing with katana, on ice practice...etc...)

Ah, ok! I was a little confused because the video-thumbnail showed a running-time of 1h 26m and I think the doc you're describing was around 40 min? Don't tell me I missed half of it? affraid

Back to top Go down
kuro14
1A
1A
kuro14

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 5:48 pm

every. 特別版 -hyoen-(Private Video)

【非公開】every -hyoen-1/2【転載禁止】
http://dai.ly/k1b0X19BvmQAoanV6JY
【非公開】every -hyoen-2/2【転載禁止】
http://dai.ly/k11S1HgT6oSS8znV6PE
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Kuro14, thank you, thank you so much for the links, available for a larger number of fans. flower

Amazing Yoshitsune - from WFS A&E #4 Thank you, let's talk!!

https://twitter.com/00LT/status/888762065329967107

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 pm

What a treat! Thank you again kuro14!

I noticed that your videos say "private" a reminder to you @kuro14
that this is a public forum and anyone can copy and paste your videos.
I believe Members of this Forum will not share your videos but we cannot guarantee others
won't.

If it is important to you to keep your videos private I would suggest that you PM the videos
to members here, just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
synesthesia
1A
1A
synesthesia

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 am

Domo arigato for the Hyoen doc from me as well, kuro14! Very Happy  So the longer running time stems from the additional interviews at the end. Of course I don't understand a word, but I don't mind having a couple of extra minutes of gorgeous Dai-chan. Laughing

The Yoshitsune pic from WFS A&E is exquisite too! Thanks, Pat!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
synesthesia
1A
1A
synesthesia

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey everyone!

Sad to be back from vacation, but being greeted with this brandnew Hyoen article/report has sweetened my weekend cheers

http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=reports&id=2017hyoen

Thank you dear Atsuko-san for this exciting preview of what to expect from the broadcast on the 27th!!!  flower That is, if we're lucky enough to be provided with an upload afterwards. *puppyeyes* (EDIT: Unsure, if there will be a stream since it's on NHK BS Premium. Does anyone know?  scratch )

I'm still advocating a DVD release. I can imagine it would sell very well nationally and that there's quite a bit of interest internationally as well. And if they're really considering to take "Hyoen" on an international tour at some point (yes, pretty PLEASE!!!  bounce) it would make a splendid appetizer/argument to lure even more people, who don't know what to make of this weird ice/kabuki crossover yet, into the show. They could sell it at the merch stand at the venues as well. Ooops, getting ahead of myself again!  Embarassed  But really I just want as many people as possible to see "Hyoen" since there evidently went so much lifeblood and effort into its creation and it has been showered with so much love and raving reviews by everyone, who experienced it live. I love you

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 5:20 pm

HB, nice to have here again!!

Thank you so much for this link - the article is great!! and I understand that it has been hard for writer to put emotions into words.

Wonderful words of admiration for Daisuke. Yes, he is has always been a great performer and I'm more than happy that people now recognizes his talents outside fs competitions.

Yes, they wrote about a dvd release designed for abroad customers, so I strongly hope it will be easy to purchase outside Japan, also. It will never be too soon. bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Today HYOEN 2017 on air at NHK BS Premium at 22:50 JT.

I've been given this link for streaming of Japanese TV, where NHK BS Premium is also listed, anyway there is no certainty that broadcasting will be available, because probably it's a pay-event.
What I can say is... try and hope. In any case, it's a useful link.

http://artv.watch/countries/japan/

Akio Sasaki san has posted some pics from HYOEN 2017 backstage, to remind fans about today's broadcast. In the first one, Hero Yoshitsune I love you with his warriors

HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 FBVN4vv

Source

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYSNxXqhmyi/?taken-by=sasattyo_akimaru

Let's hope to have info and some stuff available.

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks for the link Pattina. Fingers crossed it will work.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 7:25 pm

IT WORKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 9:36 pm

OMG Hyoen was a fabulous show! It was so well done, the costumes, the choreography the actors, Akiko, Mai, Kanako, Oda and Shiz all first rate.

Dai-chan is a super star he really got into his role and performance. I did not realize that his role was a pivotal part of the story, loved it all! The battle scene at the end was just unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HYOEN 2017    HYOEN 2017  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

HYOEN 2017
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next