Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan

Go down 
+14
Chris
ostile17
Lil
Genki
Nadia_Cz
miyu
fosse
Osan
let`s talk
Shyla
Gudrun
hsuhs
Twind
TwisterSister
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 pm

During WTT, skaters gave special lesson to young skaters.
http://www.sports-tokyo.info/eventblog/2012/04/BM_1335402522558.html

Last year, we all worried about D. Wilson but he and Daisuke made a masterpiece.
Lori? who knows?
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Thank you for your wonderful translation, Twind!! cheers

Dai-chan said before that he loved the laundry, so he had a good day doing all those stuff and refresehd himself, I hope!

I'm so sorry not to come back soon... I've been extremely busy since then.........

Anyway you know what happened and already watched hundreds times Dai-chan's WTT performance so far, I guess. So I'll just give you a brief report.

In SP, he landed 4T, beautiful 3A and perfect 3Lz-3T. But I found he had a small wobble in the mid of slst and a bit behind the music partially. (Probably you won't find it unless you've watched his SP thousands times. Hahaha. tongue ) I worried if he could secure Lv4 for his slst until the score came out. Wow! 94p!! sunny

And then the next day.... The FP performance he gave to us was just something trully spacial!! cheers I don't think I need to explain it.

What impressed me most was the atomosphere of the house. Very Happy Literally all the people there, including the skaters of other teams (though I couldn't see Team Canada from my seat tongue ), congratulated him wholeheartedly, giving passionate standing ovations. The house was filled with pure happiness. I love you I love you I was really lucky to be there.
Is there any other skater who is loved like Dai-chan? Probably there are a few, but not so many I guess. Embarassed

Thank you very very much, Dai-chan.

Besides Dai-chan, I really enjoyed D/W's FD which I was looking for seeing in WTT. Gorgeous!! queen I also enjoyed Reynolds' SP, Brian's SP, Jeremy's SP, P/B's FD, Kanako's SP, both Akiko's SP and T/T's SP. (I didn't go to see Ladies FP and Pair FP) Patrick lacked energy a little, probably I expected too much on him. (It was the first time to see him live for me.) And Takahiko............................ No

Twind wrote:
I like your thought Lil. I agree with what you wrote, and I'm not ashamed of that I'm one of the older aunties love Daisuke, a much younger man because I become just a 14-yeard old fangirl whenever I watch him. I understand many would laugh at the picture of older ladies to be fans of younger celebrities. IMO, once a girl will never stop being a girl so take it or leave it. As for me I have less motherly feeling than some of ladies I talked to.
I'm the same with you, Twind. Very Happy
I have to say, I'm a member of the aunties club! (I don't mean I belong to some actual club or society. I cheer figure skating alone basically.) But my husband knows well how much I love this sport and Dai-chan. Of course he knows! (How can you hide such a thing from your husband?? Rolling Eyes )

I remember once ex-JSF figure skating manager said that it's remarlable that Dai-chan has the middle ages fans who know well about art, they are likely also fans of theatre play, classical music, Kabuki etc. He can attract even such people with sophisticated taste. Cool

PS.
Reading this thread, I found some of you are fans of MUSE, too. I always think Dai-chan and MUSE would be perfect blend. Better to start a thead which MUSE song do you want Dai-chan to skate to?? Laughing
Dai-chan never mentioned MUSE but IIRC Dai-chan answered Linkin Park along with some other Hip Hop groups ( which are not my favorite so I don't remember.) when he was asked about his favorite music before.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Thank you, fosse! Dai-chan looks very Embarassed in the pic.

hsuhs wrote:
I've never been a fan of Lori Nichol's choreo (I usually find it way too generic: the moment the skater is done, I can't remember any moves from the program I've just seen). But. I loved Caro's both programs this season. Everything about those programs was interesting and unique, imo
I agree with you, hsuhs. It's interesting Lori always chooses unique music only for Caro. I also like Mao's programs choreographed by Lori even though the music choices are not so original.
I'm also curious to see what will happen when Dai-chan skates a super-COP-friendly program.
Though I looooooooooove Blues for Klook, it wasn't a COP-friendly program as someone already pointed out here before. (I think it was one of the reasons why Dai-chan lost in Nice.) Oh wait, but I definitely don't want to see Dai-chan skating a program like Evan's Scheherazade! Twisted Evil So I don't want Lori. Wink
Back to top Go down
Osan
1A
1A

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Lori Nichol: nooooo!
I never see soul in Lori's choreo. I think she is suitable for not too expressive skaters.
Yes, Caro's programs were beautiful, but I consider Caro a very elegant, not a very expressive skater.
Osan
Back to top Go down
Lil
2A
2A

Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Thank you, guys.

miyu, your statement about older fans with sophisticated mind does make a sence.

As for Lori, I don't like her choreography.
I agree with you, Osan.
Lori programs seems so cold.
Why it's said that she won't do programs to Patrick? Does he switch to Buttle completely? She seemed so dedicated to Patrick.
As for Blues, I disagree.
If Patrick skated it, I'm sure PCS would be higher.
After all, judges didn't reward Wilson's SP in PCS as well.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Gudrun wrote:

I cannot really imagine him doing the washing :-))) Although it was quite amazing seeing him cook (on one of his dvds) - I never had thought he'd do that :-)))
You should! There are three photos of him doing laundry in his "Soul up. Exhibition" book (pages 46-47). It's also written there that he does laundry every day, cleans his rooms every 2-3- days, etc. Dai has been living by himself for a long time, so I am sure he knows how to manage. flower
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 pm

miyu wrote:
What impressed me most was the atomosphere of the house. Very Happy Literally all the people there, including the skaters of other teams (though I couldn't see Team Canada from my seat tongue ), congratulated him wholeheartedly, giving passionate standing ovations. The house was filled with pure happiness. I love you I love you I was really lucky to be there.
Is there any other skater who is loved like Dai-chan? Probably there are a few, but not so many I guess. Embarassed

Thank you for your report, miyu! I love you I love that kind of atmosphere in skating competitions. Makes me think of happy endings in Hollywood movies Very Happy

miyu wrote:
I really enjoyed D/W's FD which I was looking for seeing in WTT. Gorgeous!!
Oh me too! They were amazing drunken

miyu wrote:
(How can you hide such a thing from your husband??)
Based on my own experience, you can't! Laughing

miyu wrote:
Though I looooooooooove Blues for Klook, it wasn't a COP-friendly program as someone already pointed out here before.
I think in the end Blues has turned out very well. All those 9s and 10s (!) in the components. Finally high scores for Daisuke's performance / execution and interpretation -- the way those marks should have been all season long, justice prevailed at WTT.

Having said that, I voted for his In the Garden of Souls SP in our poll. I had a good feeling about that program from the beginning, and am now happy Daisuke scored a WR with it.

miyu wrote:
Oh wait, but I definitely don't want to see Dai-chan skating a program like Evan's Scheherazade! So I don't want Lori.
That reminds me: Evan will be skating to Samson and Delilah choreographed by Lori Nichol, next season Very Happy (if he returns to competition). And I will probably have the ... honor of seeing that masterpiece in Oberstdorf, in September, live.

----------------------------------

Oh guys, I see Lori Nichol isn't exactly popular in this forum Laughing Laughing Laughing

But hey, don't they say the harder the challenge, the sweeter the victory? king Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris
1A
1A

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 am

Poor Lori is not very popular here in Hungary, in the forums.
I personally do not like Lori, but do not let me choose.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 am

Dai with Lori???? I am not sure. However, in terms with COP friendliness, she may work magic in increasing the score. I heard somewhere that Lori is coaching judges how to score. That explains Chan's unreasonably high PCS.

To be honest , though, I would like to see interesting and innovative choreo rather than being bored by unnecessary transitions and tricks to mark high score.

My personal wish is to see Wilson's long and Tom Dikson's short.

It is true that Dai was not rewarded for his short program very well PCS wise. But it is a problem of judging, not the quality of Willson's choreograph. They (judges) SHOULD CHANGE, NOT WILLSON NOR DAI. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, I am so sure that Dai will surprise us with yet another masterpieces next year. He is like Toyota, continuous improvement Very Happy Very Happy

Go Dai.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 am

[/quote]You should! There are three photos of him doing laundry in his "Soul up. Exhibition" book (pages 46-47). It's also written there that he does laundry every day, cleans his rooms every 2-3- days, etc. Dai has been living by himself for a long time, so I am sure he knows how to manage. flower [/quote]

Hello let's talk :-)

How funny, I grabbed the book from the book shelf and indeed, you are right, he is doing his laundry :-)))) He looks pretty serious while doing it :-)))

As to which choreographer to choose - it's pretty difficult to say. Perhaps Dai-chan has the feeling or is thinking that it will be difficult to find again something really good done by Camerlengo or that Camerlengo's ideas are limited. Perhaps he really would like to try something totally different again and that another choreographer might do the trick. I'm not too sure about all this. I still think that Dai-chan and Camerlengo are a very good team, they do each other really good. I'd stick with Camerlengo but I'm not Dai-chan ... anyway, not matter what Dai-chan will do, whatever decision he will make, I'll support him 100% and more :-)) I'm sure he'll do something really great again, something that is fun for him, a challenge for him, something that makes him get closer and closer to Sotchi ...

Cheers
Gudrun.
Back to top Go down
Gudrun
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 am

Genki, comparing Dai-chan and Toyota is something :-)))))
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:59 am

Genki wrote:
My personal wish is to see Wilson's long and Tom Dikson's short.
Hmmm.... I like your ideas!
Gudrun wrote:
Genki, comparing Dai-chan and Toyota is something :-)))))
Yes! cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:36 am

Is Salome Brunner still choreographing? That could be an interesting choice, and she could work wonder with Daisuke. But as I said, I have no idea if she is still choreographing.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:05 am

To be honest, I wish Daisuke has more chances work with new generations of choreo.
They would be able to provide something unique to Daisuke and Daisuke will provide the guarantee of success to them.

Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 am

hsuhs wrote:
I think in the end Blues has turned out very well. All those 9s and 10s (!) in the components. Finally high scores for Daisuke's performance / execution and interpretation -- the way those marks should have been all season long, justice prevailed at WTT.
You are a good person, hsuhs. Wink I can't trust judges that much. What a Face You know, WTT can't be held without Japan's help, so…. (I hope it doesn't sound arrogant.) We'll see. Cool

We should start new threads for 12-13 choreographer and music choice and 12-13 news, shouldn't we?

Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:32 pm

miyu wrote:
You are a good person, hsuhs. Wink
Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum is full of good persons! bounce cheers sunny

miyu wrote:
We should start new threads for 12-13 choreographer and music choice and 12-13 news, shouldn't we?
Done!
Welcome:
https://daisuke-takahashi.forumotion.com/t878-2012-2013-season-music-and-programs
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Before this thread is left behind, let me say my belated thank you, to let's talk, miyu and Genki for your interesting reports, and simply for being there for him. Great to know you are actually there, now each time I see the video I smile thinking that. (the same way I watch the Nice World.) Your being there is a part of the wonderful outcome. As we all know in Dai-chan's case it's always a collaboration with the audience.

hsuhs wrote:

Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum is full of good persons! bounce cheers sunny

So that's why I'm so comfortable here. Smile
Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 pm

I don't know. whether we have this video, just in case I give the link here.
It's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y40SkQU51s&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 pm

^Thanks. Watching this video confirms what I already thought, that Dai's LP performance in Nice was not that much different from his WTT performance. Maybe his score at WTT was generous (I don't think so, but some feel that way) but his PC's score in Nice was way to low, the man is a master at what he does and should be getting 9's and 10's.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:21 am

Thank you for the link, panther! cheers sunny

Shyla wrote:
Watching this video confirms what I already thought, that Dai's LP performance in Nice was not that much different from his WTT performance. Maybe his score at WTT was generous (I don't think so, but some feel that way) but his PC's score in Nice was way to low
I agree. I was in Nice, Daisuke really delivered there in FP. Can't say the same about the 'winner'.

Shyla wrote:
the man is a master at what he does and should be getting 9's and 10's.
My thoughts exactly. If Daisuke's skating isn't worth 9s and 10s, then whose is??? scratch

Daisuke skates truly innovative and revolutionary programs, the audiences around the world love them. There's something fundamentally wrong with the judging that doesn't reward that.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:50 am

Thank you panther, for the link!!

And well said, Shyla and hsuhs.

I always thought that in the GPF and Worlds the only explanation I could find is that the ISU simply has a strong intention to let the Canadian win no matter what. The way the last three PCS for CH, PE and IN in both don't make sense at all .

I don't want to think that way but I suspect that the WTT scoring is just to pacify those voices of fury to get away with other more major competitions. Evil or Very Mad I have to watch the next season very carefullly.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Twind wrote:
I don't want to think that way but I suspect that the WTT scoring is just to pacify those voices of fury to get away with other more major competitions. Evil or Very Mad I have to watch the next season very carefullly.
If you are right, then I am even more mad. But on the other hand Chan had worse skatings in his career than he had at WTT, but still he got higher scores than at WTT. Who knows maybe the booing in Nice got heard? They can't ignore such a PR disaster forever. Yeah, we have to wait for the next season to get the answer. Question
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Enaufomay
1A
1A

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:51 am

Thanks for the link, let's talk.
The first one I've never seen before, funny they must have been broadcasted at the same time, mmm~.
I wonder what Dai was saying (or shouting), and I feel a little pity for Chris. He looks a bit uncomfortable sitting on Tatami because of his injury.
Wonderful memories. I hope we'll have the same one this season, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan   2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 World Team Trophy: April 19-22 Tokyo, Japan
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15