Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN

Go down 
+11
Gudrun
masy
PATTINA
ireni
Genki
ostile17
Leode
let`s talk
fosse
ilica
Shyla
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN Empty
PostSubject: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:02 am

I know it is a little early for this thread but the teams have been officially announced today.

http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=1294

I think Dai and Yuzu ar required to go because they finished top ten at Worlds. It might be a good idea for Dai to forego this
competition and rest send Oda or Kozuka instead.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks Shyla for starting the thread!

Yuzuru probably won't go because of his knee injury, so Dai will have no choice. They must have somebody to attract attention. Although, Mao will be there, so...
I egoistically want to see once more Pagliacci and Sonata, but Dai's health and wellbeing is of course priority!
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Quote :
Yuzuru probably won't go because of his knee injury, so Dai will have no choice. They must have somebody to attract attention. Although, Mao will be there, so...

It's unfair, isn't it?
Why does Daisuke work every events for ISU & JSF? Why?
Because he and his team said anything about his conditions and don't make an excuse?
JFS gave a young guy national title as they wanted so? Use that guy.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm

fosse wrote:
Quote :

It's unfair, isn't it?
Why does Daisuke work every events for ISU & JSF? Why?
Because he and his team said anything about his conditions and don't make an excuse?
JFS gave a young guy national title as they wanted so? Use that guy.
WTT is a must for skaters who are both: 1. ranked top 2 in WS for their country, 2. and placed top 10 at worlds. Yuzu is placed top 10 WC and ranked 1 WS among J-men. So he must compete. As well as Daisuke (placed top 10 at WC and ranked 2 WS among J-men).
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi, Let's talk.
I know the rule but last year Dai & Takahiko participated in b/c Yuzu's injury and in this year would be same b/c same reason.

When skater is not in good shape, federation can send next ranked guy.
As skipped WTT, he/she cannot participate in other shows or events before WTT.

So Daisuke must be at WTT in any situation, b/c Kobe charity is so important for him.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:04 pm

I think it's fair if 1. either they both go to WTT according to the rule, or 2. none of them goes because they are both not in good shape. In any other case it will be like Dai is just a cash cow and all the rest ones took a break.

I am not sure I got the connection between the charity show in Kobe and WTT.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Fosse you are right. There is some rule that if you claim injury for not competing (WTT etc) in a ISU event you cannot therefore compete in a non sanctioned event that takes place before the actual competition that you are claiming injury for non-attendance. Remember they disqualified Plushenko a few years ago for doing it.

Anyway that is how it used to be.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Now It's official.
Daisuke is captain of Team Japan. His teammate is Mao, Akiko and Mura.

Team Russia announced their team
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/9828.html
Kovtun, Menshov, adelina, liza, V/T, B/S
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Thank you for the information fosse. So we will get to see Dai again in April.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Thank you for the information, all. Very Happy
Here is Japanese TV web site:http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/figure/wtt/

-Schedule-

April 11th, 2013(THU)
Opening Ceremony 14:35〜
Dance (Short Dance) 15:15〜
Men's short 16:35〜
Ladies Short 18:40〜

April 12th, 2013(FRI)
Pair(Short) 16:00〜
Dance(Free Dance) 17:25〜
Men's Free 19:00〜

April 13th, 2013(SAT)
Pair(Free) 15:15〜
Ladies Free 16:50〜
Medal Presentataions18:50〜

April 14th, 2013(SUN)
Exhibition 14:00〜

Last edited by Leode on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 pm

No rest for the weary...
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 pm

I know what you mean, ostile17.
According to Daisuke's interview for the competiton, he said "Acutually, I'm really down for my result of Worlds so that I need to participate with this competition for shaking me up."

「世界選手権が良くなかったので、若干へこんでいる。エンジンをかけるためにも、必要だと思った」
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20130320-1100515.html

ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Leode wrote:
According to Daisuke's interview for the competiton, he said "Acutually, I'm really down for my result of Worlds so that I need to participate with this competition for shaking me up."
If he feels that way, we can only say - GO DAI! bounce
Thank you Leode for translating and the schedule!

So Japan doesn't have a pair. It means the challenge for them is, not to be the last, right?
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Leode wrote:
I know what you mean, ostile17.

「世界選手権が良くなかったので、若干へこんでいる。エンジンをかけるためにも、必要だと思った」
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20130320-1100515.html

Thank you, Leode!

If that's what he needs then I feel better about it. Obviously he doesn't want to end the season on such a low note, and that is totally understandable! Although I wonder if at some point someone from his devote team should actually force him to rest, even if it means tying him up to a chair!

I also think that this goes to prove one more time that to the JSF he's just their milking cow, while the "young one" is the treasure to protect.
I hope he can still walk once the JSF are done milking him, you know...

But don't mind me... I just feel sad and empty today, and I can't shake off these feelings... Maybe it's just exhaustion...
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:34 am

Hi, ostile17
I know what you said but you are too serious.
We has already known he will be in WTT because of his Kobe charity and ISU rules that Shyla mentioned above.
Daisuke thinks charity so serious and he knows if he were not paricipated with Kobe charity, it would be hard to keep going on.
As you know, he is the only Japanese skater who has hosted a charity event.

I just wonder his show schedules in spring. He still doesn't announce so far.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:15 am

ilica wrote:

So Japan doesn't have a pair. It means the challenge for them is, not to be the last, right?

Maybe not. US just announced their team and D/W will not be there.

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49113&type=media

Also Canada has not announced their team yet but V/M said in a radio interview this afternoon that
they will not be at WTT. W/P will be going instead. I wonder if Patrick is going? I am sure Kevin Reynolds
will be there.
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:17 am

Cheer up ostile you probably are feeling blue because of jet lag and exhaustion from your trip. You will feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am

Quote :
I also think that this goes to prove one more time that to the JSF he's just their milking cow, while the "young one" is the treasure to protect.
I hope he can still walk once the JSF are done milking him, you know...

It is so sad, but I believe this is true, Ostile 17.

The minute they decided to send Hanyu to Orser, I was very sure that they are buying the political power for Hanyu to make him a champ. Look at what happened to his PCS Mad

Hanyu's jumps are beautiful, but he skates very slow an wobbly especially at the end of long program. He definitely does not deserve 80.

JSF is making every efforts to preserve the long term income source ( 20% of Hanyu's income as long as he is amateur) while ditching Dai whose earning potential will become zero after Sochi.

This time, Dai's PCS were lower than Ten as well as Fernandes.
His beautiful artistry was not credited at all. I believe the result of Japanese Nationals and NHK may have affected how international Judges view Dai's skating too.

Sorry to be this negative, but I just can not turn blind eyes to what is really happening.
Hope team daisuke will come up with something so that Dai will get scores the he really deserve.
Back to top Go down
fosse
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:01 am

Hi, Genki.
Maybe...
Frankly, except Mao,Dai&Miki, other elite skaters don't get enough money even in Japan.
After Sochi, they will maybe turning show skaters so JSF cannot touch their incomes.
JSK need to raising another money cow but that's not easy.. tongue
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Ireni made a funny screenshot from the TV WTT fluff:
https://twitter.com/irenissi/status/314362884769579009/photo/1

Dai to Akiko: "Look, what a yellow one I have."
Mao: "And I am not in your sandbox, kids."
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:08 am

ilica wrote:
Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNjr_09tZwo

Ilica when I tried to watch the video it says the address cannot be found. Do you think it has
been taken down. I hope not I was looking forward to watching. Darn.
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

Oh, it says: This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim...
But they were just talking for half-hour, mostly with Mao, it wasn't very interesting, if you don't understand the language.
Here are shorter videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G1dtGh1TSxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Da9-AYp_9VE
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 am

^Thanks ilica. No Reeds or Mura on the show. Dai looks great and he seemed very happy.
Back to top Go down
ireni
1A
1A
ireni

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Shyla wrote:
ilica wrote:
Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNjr_09tZwo
it says the address cannot be found.
full video
http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-2152302&id=164692707&hash=084cf4cff73fabaa&hd=2
the first minute of the video is very funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://irenis.diary.ru/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN   WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN Empty

Back to top Go down

WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next