Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB

Go down 
+5
sanseki
Gudrun
ostile17
fosse
hsuhs
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB   European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi Guys:

Did you see Jeremy's long? Oh my god, he is just mesmerizing. Just tiny bubbles, but as commentator said "It transcens competition."
That has been my feeling too after Dai's performance.

And my lingering question, why do those judges ignore qualities that Jeremy and Dai express so well. If I rank skaters PCS wise, it will be Dai, Jeremy, somebody and chan maybe 5th or 6 th.

Chan's ss is gorgeous, but so is Dai's Abbot's and Kozuka's . There is no way that he rakes up 10 points lead or something.

What is the best way to give fair hares to judge these subjective qualities? It is subjective, but so prominent in deciding performance level. Anybody?
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB   European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Genki wrote:
Hi Guys:

Did you see Jeremy's long? Oh my god, he is just mesmerizing. Just tiny bubbles, but as commentator said "It transcens competition."

Yes, it was so so beautiful. Not 100% perfect, but I rather him save a perfect one for Worlds.

Here's a link:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo60ty_2012-u-s-national-jeremy-abbott-fs_sport

I read Jeremy's stepfather who was in the audience, became unwell during Jeremy's skate and had to be taken to a hospital.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/article/Abbott-s-stepfather-hospitalized-after-collapsing-2827474.php

It must have been such an emotional day for Jeremy.

Adam Rippon made world team as well.

Last edited by hsuhs on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB   European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:48 pm

I watched the US National competition live on TV and Jeremy's FS was just amazing a couple of tiny mistakes but he really delivered technically and artistically a beautifully skated program. I am very happy that Adam made the world team too.

Jeremy really dd outshine everyone at this competition.

Thanks for the videos.
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB   European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Apart from some of the FD, I hardly watched Euros. I enjoyed the performances from Pechalat and Bourzat, Ilinykh and Katasalapov, and Cappellini and Lanotte. So happy that P/B won their second title! It was so close between I/K and C/L from bronze! I had high hopes for Javier Fernandez to win the title or at least make the podium but I guess the pressure got to him. Also, it's so odd to have a Euro podium without Brian Joubert! It's the first time he didn't medal since 2001! Pairs just wasn't the same without Savchenko/Szolkowy and Kavaguti/Smirnov.

With the exception of pairs, I enjoyed US Nationals immensely. Especially the men's event. Jeremy's long program performance was sublime. I think he's gained a lot of confidence this season and I hope it carries over to 4CC and worlds. Adam was also excellent and training with Jeremy seems to have helped him quite a bit. As for Jeremy's stepfather, he's doing well and hoping to get discharged from the hospital soon.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB   European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 pm

swandie wrote:
I had high hopes for Javier Fernandez to win the title or at least make the podium but I guess the pressure got to him.
I read he was injured and couldn't practice the week prior to the competition.
swandie wrote:
Also, it's so odd to have a Euro podium without Brian Joubert! It's the first time he didn't medal since 2001! Pairs just wasn't the same without Savchenko/Szolkowy and Kavaguti/Smirnov.
My thoughts exactly.
swandie wrote:
As for Jeremy's stepfather, he's doing well and hoping to get discharged from the hospital soon.
Oh. I was hoping he would be discharged the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB   European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

European Championships 2012, Jan 23-29, Sheffield, GB
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2