Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Figure Skating Championships 2008

Go down 
+11
anne-marie
UMgal
Sabse
Shatterpoint
hsuhs
swandie
miyu
glorydave
MissC
Roko
Leode
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 pm

As far as I remember, practices in the main rink were always open to the audience when I attended Euros and Worlds - most of the time, also in the practice rink, but not always. It must be the same for 4CC I presume. All-event tickets holders can usually get in for free, others have to buy tickets. The schedule is usually available online shortly before the event, or "at worst" it's available at the place of the competition (official hotel, for example).

At Grand Prix events, it depends on the organizers. Practices are always closed in Paris and they're usually closed in Russia, too.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi, nipponophile and DTFF members! Very Happy
In Japan, the practices are always closed. The competitions, practices and galas of figure skating are not allowed to take pictures. I think it is only allowed after the gala of "Prince Ice World".

UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:44 am

Quote :
Practices are always closed in Paris and they're usually closed in Russia, too.

Quote :
In Japan, the practices are always closed. The competitions, practices and galas of figure skating are not allowed to take pictures.

Wow, these policies are rather strict. I wonder why they do it this way.
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:00 pm

UMgal wrote:
Quote :
Practices are always closed in Paris and they're usually closed in Russia, too.

Quote :
In Japan, the practices are always closed. The competitions, practices and galas of figure skating are not allowed to take pictures.

Wow, these policies are rather strict. I wonder why they do it this way.

Bummer!!!

Leode, I hope you are right about Prince Ice World, as I have a ticket to go to see that (this is going to be a 'big' year to attend figure skating events for me!)

Thanks everyone for the very helpful advice.

Maybe I'll see some of you at the Japan Open tomorrow (even though I don't know what anybody looks like, I'll be looking for Daisuke banners!!) cheers
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi nipponophile!
I hope you'll have a great day tomorrow!
Enjoy and cheer Daisuke also for me! cheers
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 6:24 am

You bet, glorydave! In honour of Daisuke's performance of R&J today, my clothing colour theme will be purple (also, this is another way to indicate my support for Dai even though I haven't prepared a banner). GO DAISUKE!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi everyone!

nipponophile wrote:
my clothing colour theme will be purple
Hahaha! Razz Razz I will have to try to find out you on TV tonight!
I hope you are having a good time right now! Very Happy

BTW, I found a funny video on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtJr8q2gAXc
How lovely Nikolai is! I love his passion for his skaters. alien
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:40 am

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/forum/index.php?s=e6cfd16928343547c22584ec731c7ea5&act=Attach&type=post&id=1803

Dai and Yukari dancing together...more like Dai dancing and Yukari laughing! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot swandie!!

In a figure skating book published recently there was an interview of Dai-chan and Yukari together.They mentioned about it in it.
So I really wanted to see a picture of him dancing at the banquet of Wolrds. Thank you swandie. Cool Cool Cool

Here is a summary of that part of their interview.alien

Dai-chan took Yukari to the stage where a singer appeared and some skaters jumped on to dance because he was shy to go there alone. But later on he got so excited that he forgot about her and left her alone. (Bad boy! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ) Then Mao who said "No" at first and other skaters joined and they enjoyed dancing til 0am.
Yukari said Dai-chan was soooooo excited. She was amazed he could dance so hard just after Men's FP. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Thank you swandie! Very Happy
And thank you miyu for other informations! Very Happy

... I can't stop smiling if I think to this scene! Razz
It's a great thing they could have time to enjoy at the and of Worlds.
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:36 pm

A skater told me that *for once* the banquet was really fun and that many people danced, it's nice to see that Dai also enjoyed himself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Of course Dai loves dancing!!! Glad to hear he had a good time!!
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 12:03 am

Thanks for the story, miyu! Maybe Dai had to dance out his disappointment. It's cute that Dai didn't want to go up there alone. The Japanese team seems very tight.

miyu wrote:

But later on he got so excited that he forgot about her and left her alone. (Bad boy! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )

Aww...Dai left his dance partner alone (I could make a joke but I won't...). At least he didn't do it on purpose.

miyu wrote:
Then Mao who said "No" at first and other skaters joined and they enjoyed dancing til 0am.

What time does "0 a.m." refer to? And was the banquet before or after the exhibition practice/exhibition? If it was before practice, no wonder Brian was late and no wonder the skaters were goofing around. Razz

MissC wrote:
A skater told me that *for once* the banquet was really fun

The banquet must normally be a pretty "stuffy" event with them listening to people talk all night and the awards.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 1:39 pm

swandie wrote:
What time does "0 a.m." refer to? And was the banquet before or after the exhibition practice/exhibition?
I meant midnight. Should I write 12am?? scratch And the banquet was held in Saturday night after Men's FP.

swandie wrote:
no wonder Brian was late
Really?! Was he late for the EX practice? Hahaha. Razz Razz Razz It seemed everyone enjoyed the night!!geek jocolor
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:27 am

I just wanted to know what you meant, miyu. I have never seen 0 a.m. before (I am somewhat familiar with the 24 hr clock though). And thanks for clearing up when the banquet was held for me. I always thought the banquet came after the exhibition.

I had read somewhere that Brian was indeed late. He wasn't there in some of the videos of the practice. And the skaters were just not focusing when they were at practice.
Back to top Go down
anne-marie
1A
1A

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 am

NEWS:
Brian changed is free program. In the middle of December he start a new program on Matrix 2 and Requiem for adream.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Thank you for the news, anne-marie. Very Happy

I'm rather sad to hear it because I liked his "The Last of the Mohicans". I thought it was a good challenge for Brian..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2008
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9