Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Figure Skating Championships 2008

Go down 
+11
anne-marie
UMgal
Sabse
Shatterpoint
hsuhs
swandie
miyu
glorydave
MissC
Roko
Leode
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:15 pm

3)16:30~ Men's Free Skating "Romeo and Juliet"
At fist success of Daisuke's 4T, I heard that the audience yelling and cheered him, but he fell the next jump 4T-2T. I think Daisuke's challenge with 2 quads was very bravely, however, I was wondering that why he didn't only one quad, not 2 quads. In spite of bad condition in his second jumps, he never gave it up at the end of his performance. His expression, footworks and spins were awesome. I'm really glad to hear that his spins got level 4. At this season, he improved his spins completely. I think that his free slating's program was so difficult to perform with some hard jumps and I'm satisfied with his extraordinary wonderful performance in 4CC at once a year. It is pretty hard for figure skaters to perform the program completely during the season.

In my opinion, to be honest, I was very sad about his result and I wanted him to get on the podium at least. Because I know that he DID practice very hardly for Worlds 2008.
If he chosen the one quad program and without second jump of 3Lz-2T, it would be changed his result. As Daisuke said before "I think that results are all or nothing for me as an athlete.", that's why I'd like him to have strong will to get on the podium when he had a bad condition. It makes him a "Completed Champion" that he wanted to be. But I love his challenge to 2 quads and it was admirable.

After the worlds 2008, Daisuke's modest attitude was very remarkable for mass media and he always accepted his result with glace and he knows what he has to be in his figure skating life. Almost people who knows him well was going to be his big fan, off course including us. I think it was amazing. I had a good experience at Gothenburg in Sweden!! Thank you, Daisuke!! Very Happy

UMgal
1A
1A

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi, Leode. flower queen flower Thanks very much for your complete report and summary of the free skating for us. I agree with everything you said about the free skate- his quads (it's brave that he tried to do two when doing one should have been enough), the strongness of the rest of his skating, and about his attitude.

I feel so sad that his jump condition did indeed keep deteoriorating throughout the week and that he seemed to be losing confidence (he kept going over to speak to Morosov for resassurance as you said during practices).

And swandie, LOL, I actually knew what you meant about how Daisuke "is on" Facebook (had a group there) except the way I worded it came out really badly/wrong. Stupid me, sorry for the confusion. jocolor
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Thank you for your report, Leode!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Leode wrote:
At 10:30 a.m, as Daisuke appeared the rink with "Romeo and Juliet"s costume, many fans called "Daisuke!!". I was surprised that he is also popular in Europe!
In Europe (and in Italy) there are so many fans cheering Lambiel or Joubert... but I think this year Daisuke has become more popular, especially thanks to his SP... a lot of people loved it so much and started to appreciate Daisuke!

Leode wrote:
When I've always seen his strong fighting spirits in his way like "Come on!" at warming-up, but unfortunately I couldn't feel it so strong this time.
Yes, I could see how he was nervous also on tv... his eyes were worried...

Leode wrote:
I'm really glad to hear that his spins got level 4. At this season, he improved his spins completely. I think that his free slating's program was so difficult to perform with some hard jumps and I'm satisfied with his extraordinary wonderful performance in 4CC at once a year. It is pretty hard for figure skaters to perform the program completely during the season.
Yes, Leode! We have to be so proud for Daisuke's season!
He knew he had problems with spins, he worked so hard and now he can obtain all level 4! cheers
He landed two quads in his FP for the first time in his life and he also did this in two different competitions (nationals and 4CC)! cheers I don't remember other top skaters landed two quads and two 3A in a program this year...
He had the most innovative SP! cheers I'm sure Swan Lake will be remebered as one of the best SP, with Yagudin Winter!
He did new world recors with FP and total score! cheers
Daisuke skated clean programs different times, unfortunatly it didn't happen at Worlds... But I'm so sad for example for Lambiel... He had a great FP, but I've never seen it clean...

Leode wrote:
After the worlds 2008, Daisuke's modest attitude was very remarkable for mass media and he always accepted his result with glace and he knows what he has to be in his figure skating life.
I'm sure a lot of people noticed Daisuke's modest attitude and appreciated it.
And that's why I'm a so big fan!

THANK YOU DAISUKE!!!
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:11 am

Hey, thank you guys for your kind words Embarassed

And thank you Leode for your report, it's too bad we didn't meet there. I, too, felt sad about the result, but I do feel better now and am SO hopeful for the next season. Despite the mistakes, I enjoyed every second of Daisuke's skating. sunny bounce
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi, DTFF members! Very Happy
Thank you for your comments for my report and pics.
I uploaded several pics of other skaters for Men's Free Skating and Exhibition. I hope you enjoy them!!

UMgal wrote:
I wonder what the caption under the picture with Daisuke says.
Yu-Na wrote "Daisuke.... He is charisma on the ice, but he is different off the ice. It is amazing, I think he is an great artist!"
Wow, that's nice comment!! Cool

hsuhs wrote:
it's too bad we didn't meet there.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience in Sweden! Very Happy

swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Thanks for your report and the translation of Yu-Na's caption, Leode!
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 12:04 am

Thank you for other pictures, Leode! Very Happy
You had to be in a good place to take photos! Great the one about Jeffrey's spin!

I found on youtube the video of the press conference after SP (Buttle, Weir and Daisuke)... I always love listening Daisuke speaking English...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZNQ1AtkGs
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 12:41 am

Hi, Leode. Thanks so much for translating Yu-Na's comment for us. Yu-na's comment is very sweet. What does she mean exactly by the following though?

Quote :
He is charisma on the ice, but he is different off the ice.

Hmm, I wonder. Does she mean that by looking at him in real life/off the ice she could not tell that he could be such a dramatic, passionate, or powerful artist on the ice maybe? Cool

And thank you, Leode, for sharing additional photographs with us (I also really like the pic of Daisuke and Stephane from the exhibition practice which you have put on the homepage of your website)! Looking at the pics really make me feel happy/cheered up.

Thank you very much for the press conference link, glorydave! I wish I could watch the entire press conference.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 8:39 pm

You're welcome, all!! Very Happy
Thanks for the linking of interview, glorydave!

UMgal wrote:
Hmm, I wonder. Does she mean that by looking at him in real life/off the ice she could not tell that he could be such a dramatic, passionate, or powerful artist on the ice maybe? Cool
I think she knows both Daisuke at on/off ice. Daisuke is a dramatic, passionate and powerful on the ice as you wrote, however, he is very shy and modest person at off ice. Razz That's why she thought.

Hey, glorydave, would you do me a favor?
I found the article about Daisuke at "Art on Ice" and I'd like to know what it wrote, thanks.

Quote :
Al terzo posto il grandissimo Daisuke Takahashi che lascia qualche punto sull'Axel (molto vicino alla caduta) ma vince per originalità, energia, grinta e chi più ne ha più ne metta. Il suo "Lago dei cigni" versione hip hop dovrebbe passare di diritto nella hall of fame insieme all'indimenticato Winter di un certo Alexei Yagudin,
http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/5442"

glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 12:33 am

Hi Leode! Very Happy

Quote :
Al terzo posto il grandissimo Daisuke Takahashi che lascia qualche punto sull'Axel (molto vicino alla caduta) ma vince per originalità, energia, grinta e chi più ne ha più ne metta. Il suo "Lago dei cigni" versione hip hop dovrebbe passare di diritto nella hall of fame insieme all'indimenticato Winter di un certo Alexei Yagudin,

This article was written after SP.
"At third place there's the great Daisuke Takahashi who lost some points on 3A (near to be a fall) but he won for originality, energy, strength and so many other things (sorry but I don't know how to translate "chi più ne ha più ne metta" exactly). His Hip Hop Swan Lake must be included by right in the hall of fame, together with the unforgettable Yagudin's Winter."

This article also said that Daisuke had thi highest score in PC... and Daisuke is nicely called "mostro" = monster!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Thank you for the translation, glordydave!
Wow, it's nice comment! And I really glad to read that. Very Happy

miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 4:12 pm

Thank you very very much everyone for giving the various informations!!
I enjoyed all of them very much!!cheers cheers

glorydave wrote:
but he won for originality, energy, strength and so many other things
Very nice comment! I'm really happy to read it. I love you I love you Thanks glorydave for your translation!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi, MissC! Very Happy
You were going to Sweden, too. Would you give us some impressions about Daisuke and Worlds 2008 in Sweden?
Thank you!

MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Hello Leode, hello everybody!

I’m sorry that I didn’t reply before, but… I actually did! LOL I wrote a long reply on Friday but when I posted it, it logged me out and the post was lost… The thing is that I travelled for another week after Worlds and I don’t have internet where I live at the moment, so I can only go online in internet-cafes.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Goteborg. The city was lovely, the people were very nice, the weather was ok most of the time (especially at the beginning of the week), the organization was good, the audience great (I was amazed at how full the rink was most of the time!), the skating was overall good too, and I had a fantastic time with friends.

I read most of what you wrote and I felt like we saw a "different" competition. It’s definitely not the same to be there, I think it’s much less stressful, because we don’t get all the "side" information - the protests, threats to withdraw, drama, etc.

Of course I was disappointed for Dai-chan (=he didn’t disappoint me, but I was sorry for him that he didn’t reach his goal), but then the men’s competition was so strange that it actually made me… laugh, yes. And I still can’t believe it really happened that way. After the SP, given how close the top 6 were, we were all hoping that the LP would be the "cherry on top" of a great week, but it was quite a letdown… I’m happy for Jeff, but it all seems "wrong" somehow. As Leode wrote, Dai had problems with the quad at the Saturday morning practice, so when he landed the first one in the LP, I thought "OMG, he’s going to do it!!"… oh well… I didn’t realize he had done one extra combo, and that it's what cost him a medal, a friend pointed it out to me just after the medal ceremony was over.

I was very impressed that Dai went for the 3A instead of the "weird jump" at the end of the exhibition! What a way to try to "redeem" himself… Though of course he didn’t need that as far as I’m concerned, Bachelorette is such a wonderful program anyway. And it was nice to see him enjoy the (endless) finale of the exhibition.

I met Dai on Monday after his practice (how could the skaters practice so late?), there were only some 10-12 fans, so it was nice. Among other things I congratulated him for his performances at 4CC, wished him a happy birthday and of course wished him good luck. He was very nice, as usual. Then he got busy with the Japanese fans, so I went away… I didn’t even take a picture, but now I think I should have, because he was wearing a golden jacket! LOL

On Tuesday the weather was so gorgeous that 2 friends and I decided to skip the original dance to visit the city. At some point we were in the tourist information office, choosing postcards, when I heard someone say "hi!" next to me, and it was Dai with his big smile! LOL (I don’t know what I noticed first – the smile or the hair!...) It was so unexpected, we didn’t see him come in, that my Japanese friend actually told him (in Japanese) "gosh you scared me!", to which Dai… apologized! LOL Then we just went on doing what we were doing, because we were so surprised that we didn’t really know what to say or do, and mostly because I don’t like disturbing the skaters before they’re finished with the competition, all the less when they’re out in town enjoying themselves and trying to get away from the pressure. Dai looked great, by the way, all in black.

I didn’t meet him again after that, I didn’t try to. Though I would have loved to talk to him after the competition (and it probably would have been possible to catch him), I was too busy enjoying my last moments with friends…

Well, I guess that’s all I have to say… Feel free to ask questions, if you have any, I’ll try to reply as soon as possible!

PS: Thanks for the video of Dai’s graduation ceremony, oh wow, he did look embarrassed!... but Dai in a purple "costume" with a gold medal around his neck… *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Salamandra
1A
1A
Salamandra

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:22 am

Thanks MissC for interesting story! I really enjoyed it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vika85
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:05 am

Thank you so much, MissC! Very Happy I was waiting for your report!
What a great week!
I'm so happy you could meet Daisuke different times and you could also talk with him!

MissC wrote:
At some point we were in the tourist information office, choosing postcards, when I heard someone say "hi!" next to me, and it was Dai with his big smile! LOL (I don’t know what I noticed first – the smile or the hair!...) It was so unexpected, we didn’t see him come in, that my Japanese friend actually told him (in Japanese) "gosh you scared me!", to which Dai… apologized!
Razz Razz
...but... Shocked ... did Daisuke recognize you for saying "hi"??? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
swandie
2A
2A

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 am

Thanks for your report, Miss C! I really enjoyed reading it...especially the part where Dai randomly came up to you and said hi. Laughing I wouldn't know what to do or say if that ever happened to me. It seems like skipping the compulsory dance (I think that's what you meant since the OD was on Wednesday IIRC) was worth it for you in the end! Wink

Reading everyone's reports makes me want to go to Worlds in LA even more! It seems like there's nothing like seeing it live.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi MissC! Thank you very much for your report. Very Happy Very Happy
I'm glad to read you had a great time in Goteborg.I love you

MissC wrote:
when I heard someone say "hi!" next to me, and it was Dai with his big smile! LOL
Wow! Lucky you!!! Cool Cool

MissC wrote:
Of course I was disappointed for Dai-chan (=he didn’t disappoint me, but I was sorry for him that he didn’t reach his goal), but then the men’s competition was so strange that it actually made me… laugh, yes. And I still can’t believe it really happened that way.
That's true...even though I didn't laugh ( tongue ) but felt somehow weird. You saw it live so I can imagine how you felt.
I re-realized that to be a World Champion is very very difficult thing, the result of the complicated interaction of many matters......
However I definnitely want Dai-chan to become a World Champion (or Olympic Champion!!)someday!! Go Dai-chan!!!cheers cheers

One question please. Whose performance was the most impressive for you throughout the week?? Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanks for your replies, everybody!

glorydave wrote:
...but... Shocked ... did Daisuke recognize you for saying "hi"??? Rolling Eyes
Yes, he "knows" me. (Why the Rolling Eyes smiley?)

swandie wrote:
It seems like skipping the compulsory dance (I think that's what you meant since the OD was on Wednesday IIRC) was worth it for you in the end! Wink
Ups, of course I meant the compulsory dance. The OD (on Thursday, actually) was very enjoyable this year, maybe even my favorite "segment" of the whole week overall.

swandie wrote:
It seems like there's nothing like seeing it live.
Oh, definitely, you can't compare being at the competition and watching it on TV... And I must say that I actually *almost* prefer watching practices at competitions (when possible) than the actual competition.

miyu wrote:
One question please. Whose performance was the most impressive for you throughout the week?? Very Happy Very Happy
In no particular order: Virtue&Moir's FD, the Kerrs' OD, Jeff's LP, Dai's EX, Yukari's LP + EX, Dube&Davison's LP. I'm probably forgetting programs, especially exhibitions (I don't really remember who did what).
Back to top Go down
glorydave
2A
2A
glorydave

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:16 pm

MissC wrote:
Yes, he "knows" me. (Why the Rolling Eyes smiley?)
... I felt I was asking an innoportune question...
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 am

Thank you for your report, MissC! flower
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Many thanks for the report, MissC!! Very Happy

MissC wrote:
when I heard someone say "hi!" next to me, and it was Dai with his big smile! LOL (I don’t know what I noticed first – the smile or the hair!...) It was so unexpected, we didn’t see him come in, that my Japanese friend actually told him (in Japanese) "gosh you scared me!", to which Dai… apologized!
Wow, it was really nice experience! Very Happy What's so cute that he apologized you!

MissC wrote:
However I definitely want Dai-chan to become a World Champion (or Olympic Champion!!)someday!! Go Dai-chan!!!cheers cheers
Yeah, I definitely deserve it, too!! Very Happy

MissC wrote:
Yes, he "knows" me.
Hey, glorydave, MissC has been met Daisuke several times before. That's why he recognized her. Very Happy

Pls check her wrote on the topic "When did you become a fan of Dai-chan?"
https://daisuke-takahashi.forumotion.com/discussion-on-daisuke-in-english-f3/when-did-you-become-a-fan-of-dai-chan-your-experience-t66.htm

UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 8:41 am

Hi, MissC. Thank you so much for your detailed and interesting report. sunny I'm so glad that you enjoyed visiting Gothenburg as well.

Quote :
And I must say that I actually *almost* prefer watching practices at competitions (when possible) than the actual competition.

Me too actually (strangely enough). I think that it's because there is less pressure when we are just watching our favorite skaters practice compared to watching them during live competition where the stakes are higher.
Back to top Go down
nipponophile
1A
1A
nipponophile

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 am

UMgal wrote:
Hi, MissC. Thank you so much for your detailed and interesting report. sunny I'm so glad that you enjoyed visiting Gothenburg as well.

Quote :
And I must say that I actually *almost* prefer watching practices at competitions (when possible) than the actual competition.

Me too actually (strangely enough). I think that it's because there is less pressure when we are just watching our favorite skaters practice compared to watching them during live competition where the stakes are higher.

I would love to have the experience of watching Daisuke practice, but I really don't know anything about when these are held. Do they have practice sessions before every competition? How do you find out when these are on? Are fans generally allowed to come in to watch the practice sessions, or do you need tickets or special permission? Can you take photos?

I am inspired by the many great stories of Daisuke's fans having the opportunity to see him in a more relaxed setting and even have the chance to talk to him, and would love to have this chance myself. Plus, it would be a great chance to meet other Daisuke fans.

I would be grateful for everyone's advice!
Back to top Go down
UMgal
1A
1A

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 am

Hi, nipponphile. When I was at Skate America the schedule for practice sessions was announced ahead of time before the actual competition so that's why I was able to attend it. The schedule was actually available on the internet. Right before the actual competition (a specific warm up group to be exact) the skaters also come out for a final shorter practice session. There are also practice sessions for the exhibition which from what I hear may be a very good opportunity for fans to get autographs and such.

I'm not sure if for big events like Worlds fans are still allowed to watch all the practice sessions of skaters. There might a fee for this I think.

Hmm, if you can sneak in/bring in a camera, then I guess it should be okay to take pictures. I haven't tried though so don't take my word for it. Laughing I do know that even several of the fans on our forum, like Leode and glorydave, have successfully taken pictures at events and they have posted these in the forum gallery for us all to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2008   World Figure Skating Championships 2008 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2008
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next