Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreams on Ice 2007

Go down 
+5
Morizo
MissC
hsuhs
Calliope
Leode
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Leode
Admin
Leode

Number of posts : 1650
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 8:18 pm

-Dreams on Ice 2007-
Shin Yokohama Prince Hotel Skate Center
http://www.onice.jp/
新横浜プリンスホテルスケートセンター

07/14/2007 16:30 - Yokohama, Japan
07/15/2007 12:00, 16:30 - Yokohama, Japan
07/16/2007 12:00 - Yokohama, Japan

I'm looking foward to read your report, thanks!

Last edited by on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~daisuke-takahashi/
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi, DTFF members, I'm in Hotel at Yokohama now. It is rainy day here and heard about the typhoon is coming. But I'm very excited to see Daisuke at the show tomorrow and I'm going to report it. Anyone else going?
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptySun Jul 15, 2007 12:53 am

Here's Leode's report on yesterday's show:

"Dreams on Ice 2007"
Date: 07/14/2007 16:30
Place: Shin Yokohama Ice Skating Center

I went to DOI during incredible rain. It appears that there will be a typhoon tomorrow, so people going to the show, please be careful. I think there was a luncheon party today, was there anyone here who went?
I'm in a hurry, so this report will just be on Daisuke and the main male skaters.

Opening
All the members danced in a group. Costume was the white DOI jumper.
Daisuke didn't show his exhaustion from returning from America and danced very energetically. He was in the center on the south side. Nobunari Oda was on the left, and Stephane Lambiel and Hongbo Zhao were on the right. Daisuke had to remember the choreography without looking to the side, and this time he was the show's closer, so it must have been quite difficult for him.

Skater introductions
They came out one by one and showed their best moves. Daisuke was in his black "Nocturne" costume and did a spin. It was pretty good. Lambiel had a similar black costume and also did a spin. Oda came out in his "New Cinema Paradise" costume and tried to do a lutz, but popped it, unfortunately.

Second half

Nobunari Oda

His costume was a tank top that had a black cross on it. He also had a chain belt, and unlike his previous image, had a wild crew cut hairstyle.
He did a 2A and popped a 3Lz-3T. In the middle, he approached a lady wearing a hat on the west side and air guitared in front of her. I was sitting on the west side, so I was unexpectedly able to see him up close. After a spin, he was lifted up by the synchro team. After that, he did a 3T-3T and finished in a pose lying on the ice. It was fun watching a bright, wild exhibition different from his previous image. The song was Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Around the World". It's probably good that it wasn't Saiyuuki (Journey to the West). I was surprised that his spins and expression have evolved even further.

Stephane Lambiel
He had a costume similar to Daisuke's "Nocturne" with a black top and bottom. He started the performance by placing one rose on the ice. The song was Nina Rota's "Romeo and Juliet". I think he tried to do a 3A, but I couldn't really see it. In the middle, he danced with the rose like it was his partner. His expression was great as usual, and his spins have evolved even further with changes in his hand positions. This must be his new short program. The program felt very magical with Lambiel as Romeo and the rose as Juliet. It was wonderful. He received a standing ovation.

Daisuke Takahashi
Daisuke was somehow the closer of the second part. Though, since he won the silver at Worlds and Miki Ando and Mao Asada were absent, it's only natural. His new costume was black with silver lines on it. It felt like Oda's "Fly Me to the Moon" costume. But the collar had black velvet, and the design was quite elaborate. It's a type of costume he's never worn before and I think it suits him, but it might have been a little too flashy for the music. Though maybe I'm just not used to seeing it yet.

Anyway, Daisuke's aura was incredible when he came out after the announcer's introduction. It feels like I can't lightheartedly call him "Dai-chan" anymore. He was into the song right from the start, and was warming-up with a lot of energy until right before the start of the performance. He did a 3F on the left south side, but the landing was unbalanced and he put a hand down. He might have had too much speed going into the 3F. But the left south side was a good spot for the finale as well. Cool

In the middle he strokes his hair four times almost like Morozov's face strokes, but each time he poses on the east or west side. I was surprised that it was a very sexy face stroke. Embarassed I was completely taken by it. The 3Lz was clean, and the steps very exquisite. The choreography was like an ice dancer's with emphasis on the lower half of the body, with choreography he's never done before.

If he skates more to it, this program can show the zenith of Daisuke Takahashi's world. Very Happy It doesn't have the flashiness of "Roxanne", but it has a charm where it seems like you'll be pulled into the song. Daisuke, who's said to be an "artist on ice", will probably make it evolve more so I'm looking forward to it.

Finale
All the skaters did spins and jumps in a big group. Daisuke came out in his "Bachelorette" costume with the DOI jumper as a haori. He did a spin. People in the super arena seats in the middle south side have a chance to see him there.

At the end, all the skaters circled the arena twice to touch hands with the audience members. I was satisfied with being able to touch hands with Daisuke and Nobunari. Lambiel was holding a lot of flowers and presents, so I unfortunately couldn't touch hands with him.

This DOI had a lot of trouble with the Asada sisters absent and Ando suddenly withdrawing due to a sprain, but it was a good show with the present members working hard. There were many good performances from the junior skaters as well, so this DOI made me think that Daisuke and Nobunari can't be careless anymore.

The pamphlet had an interview with Daisuke in it, so everyone should buy it. In the future, I'll post it in the gallery.
Daisuke answered the worries from his fans about his hard schedule: "I'm okay! I'm going to make this season a hard one. I have to build up more endurance right away."

So that's my report in the rain. It seems that there will be a typhoon tomorrow, but I'm going again, so please look forward to my report.

I'll be waiting for everyone's reports and comments. cheers
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptySun Jul 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt action, Calliope!!cheers
I'm very appreciated you did it, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: "Dreams on Ice 2007" 07/15/2007 12:00   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 11:16 am

"Dreams on Ice 2007" in Yokohama, Japan
Date: 07/15/2007 12:00
Place: Shin Yokohama Ice Skating Center

Here are my report from "Dreams on Ice 2007" at Yokohama in Japan. Shin Yokohama Ice Skating Center is small place(3,500 people). So, lucky I was in the front of row seat, so I had a great vantage point. It was heavy rain and the typhoon was coming, I think it's bad day. But I had a chance to see great show in spite of withdraw Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Aki Sawada and Cathy & Chris Reed.

*Opening & Skater introductions
All the members danced in a group with white DOI jumper costume and according to announce, they came out one by one and showed their best moves.

Some members I was impressed.

Tatsuki Machida---Jazz song like Dixieland Jazz, I don't remember the song's name. He was 2006 Japan Junior champion and same high school as Daisuke Takahashi. His jump was so high and 3lz is good. I think he is new blood!

Fumie Suguri---"Chicago" from musical
Her expression was great, but some jumps 3Lz was popped. I like her style.

Yukari Nakano---"Aria" by Giorgia Fumanti
Her movements were so elegant and her spins had evolved even further with a little changes in her hand positions with music. Encore: "Claudine" only the half way

Nobunari Oda---"Around the World" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
His costume was a tank top with a chain belt. It looks like Jeffrey Buttle's exhibition number and unlike his previous image, had a wild crew cut hairstyle. He did a 2A, 3Lz-3T and 3T-3T clean. It was so fun. And it was a bright, wild exhibition different from his previous image. Encore: above same song only the half way

Yu-Na Kim---"Just A Girl" by No Doubt
She was extremely cute with pink tank top and pants with brightly. Her jump was so beautiful and had good condition. She seemed that she enjoyed this show. Encore: above same song only the half way

Albena Denkowa & Maxim Stavisuki---"Ravel Tango" which they've done before SP. It was soooo excited. I couldn't believe they did it again. It was worth to pay high price ticket. And for encore, they also performed full of "Hit The Road Jack" by Ray Charles. I love this program and I was very impressed their power. Finally, they got a standing ovation from audience.

Stéphane Lambiel----"Un Giorno per Noi" by Nino Rota
He performed his new short program. He started the performance by placing one rose on the ice. He was acting "Romeo" and did 3T, 3F-2T、and 2A clean and he danced with the rose like it was his partner. His expression was great and his spins have evolved even further with changes in his hand positions. It was wonderful. Finally, He also received a standing ovation. And for encore, he also performed only half of "Poeta" and he also received a standing ovation from audience.

Xue Sben & Bongbo Zbao---"My Way"
They were great, but I prefer to their program "Carso". They were very elegant and their lift was so excited. Encore was "Carso" only the half way, however, I was very satisfied with it.

Daisuke Takahashi---"Bachelorette" by Björk
Takahashi was the last performer of the second part. His new costume was black with silver lines on it. I've never seen before like this song he performed. It was very strange program and I don't know what I say, however, it has a charm where it seems like you'll be pulled into the song. And he did a 3F, 3Lz clean and the steps were very dynamic and exquisite. The choreography was like an ice dancer's with emphasis on the lower half of the body, with choreography he's disliked the way before.

And for encore, he also performed just half from 3F, 3S and straight line step of "Phantom of the Opera" and he received a standing ovation from audience.

That's all. Thanks for your reading!cheers
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 5:18 am

Thanks for writing your impressions, guys! cheers
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 5:18 pm

Yes, thanks a lot for the review!! Very Happy
You're so lucky to have that many fantastic shows in Japan at the moment!!
Back to top Go down
Morizo
1A
1A
Morizo

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 5:37 pm

I've just finished watching this show on TV!Very Happy
Yes, Daisuke was really nice, & his performances were great! But his Phantom's sist was a bit slow.
Would you wait for someone to upload his video. Sorry, I can't do this.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Me too, Morizou.
Dai-chan's performance was very very artistic.Very Happy
I was very impressed and liked it. But people have to see it again and again to understand it, I think.
By the way his costume is bit strange for me.Crying or Very sad It is too spacy though the program is very human.

I was also very impressed with Stephen Lambiel's performance too. He landed a quad jump.
Is this program his SP for this season, Leode?
Then Dai-chan will have to add a quad jump too in his SP.
He will become a big rival of Dai-chan as a competitor as well as a performer.

This season competitions will become hard for Dai-chan with Joubert, Lambiel who has come back, Pulchenco who will come back, Nobunari who is alway a rival and other talented competitors.
Oh we can't forget Thomas Verner!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi, miyu, according to GS forum, Stéphane Lambiel's new program is for exhibition, not short program.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi, DTFF members! Did you see Daisuke's new exhibition program "Bachelorette" by Björk? Could you give me your impression for new one? Thanks!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yerina
1A
1A
yerina

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:39 pm

Yes, it was absolutely gorgeous!
I saw Dai's new exhibition on Fuji broadcast.
There's no need to say.
I was fascinated by his performance.
Actually at first, I concerned that Bachelorette might be difficult song to skating, but it was just unnecessarily.
Daisuke's spins had more speed with various positions, and jumps are completely clean as usual, and steps are new and striking.
Above all things, I got the feeling of, his performance was immanent with something.

I'm glad that Daisuke seems like in a good condition despite of his hard schedule. (you know, Daisuke landed three triple flip - at Bachelorette, POTO, and finale!)
I only feel a little inconvenience in costume... Neutral
Back to top Go down
MissC
1A
1A

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 1:58 am

OMG! I just watched the program 5 times and I LOVE IT!!! I find it *almost* as beautiful as Nocturne (which means a lot!)... and his EYES!! oh wow!! Way to go Dai-chan!!

I'm not fond of the costume, but I think that it works with the music...
Back to top Go down
debdelilah
1A
1A

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 6:16 am

I half expected some disappointment, but there was none. What an intense program it is!

The costume is actually a positive for me.
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 10:23 am

Wait a sec.... forgot to ask smth:

Quote :
Daisuke came out in his "Bachelorette" costume with the DOI jumper as a haori.

Is this a good instance of a haori?
http://japan-cc.com/kimoinst/haori.jpg
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Thank you for posting your impressions, DTFF members!Very Happy

Hi, yerina, thank you for your posting. Welcome to DTFF!
Quote :
Daisuke's spins had more speed with various positions, and jumps are completely clean as usual, and steps are new and striking.
Yeah, I think so. Especially, his spin is getting better more than before. He knows what he has to be. And his costume has to be more fit to him.

Hi, MissC, Wow, You like it a lot as "Nocturne"! That's wonderful! I caught his eyes on ice during exhibition and it charmed everyone. By the way, do you have a plan to see "Japan On Ice" in Italy next Sunday?

Hi, debdelilah, in that way, some people doesn't like this one, however, it's very intense program as you said.

Hi, hsuhs, yes, that's is haori. But he just wore DOI jumper and took it off and on like Michael Jackson! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hsuhs
4F
4F

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 5:17 am

Quote :
Hi, hsuhs, yes, that's is haori. But he just wore DOI jumper and took it off and on like Michael Jackson!

Oh! flower Very Happy

Wish I could see that!
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi, hsuhs, yes, it was cool!!Cool

Calliope, how about your impression for new program?
I'm very curious about it.
Back to top Go down
Calliope
1A
1A

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 1:26 am

Hey, sorry I haven't been around much lately, I've totally gone into off-season mode and haven't been keeping up with FS as much. I did watch Daisuke's new exhibition, though. I thought it was good, but I still like Nocturne and Roxanne better. (And to be honest, out of the DOI performances, I enjoyed Oda and Lambiel more.) I think Bachelorette is well-choreographed, but it just lacks a certain kind of impact... mainly because the song is so amorphous and lacks a strong melody line. Maybe my view will change after I see it more though (and after seeing it live next month at PIW).

I liked his costume, though. The thing on his neck is a little weird, but I don't really have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 9:23 pm

Thank you for your honestly opinion, Calliope.
I know how are you feeling about this program at first time.
But I'm sure that you will change your mind when you see it at PIW in Japan like me. Now, I'm addict to this program.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Barbara
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Hello, everyone! I’m a new member Smile

Although I couldn’t see the gala on-site, I watched the TV programme of it, which was quite enjoyable. If you’re by any chance up to checking my very late-coming review, please take a look at: http://barbarablanca.blogspot.com/

Leode-san, thank you so much for your kind permission to introduce my humble blog here. I haven’t posted any other entries about figure skating yet, but I’m also planning to describe my impression of Shizuka Arakawa’s Friends on Ice, as I’m going to see it on-site soon!
Back to top Go down
http://barbarablanca.blogspot.com/
Leode
Admin
Leode

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up and the invitation, Barbara.Very Happy
And congratulation on your wedding!!cheers
Quote :
I’m also planning to describe my impression of Shizuka Arakawa’s Friends on Ice, as I’m going to see it on-site soon!
Really? I hope you enjoy the show. I read your posted that you came here through Shizuka Arakawa's Fan Site. I'm curious abut how did you know this forum, by message board or something like that at Shizuka Arakawa's Fan Site.
Back to top Go down
Barbara
1A
1A

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 pm

Thank you for your welcoming comments and best wishes for our wedding, Leode Very Happy

I'm a regular but passive visitor to http://morningdew.exblog.jp/ in which I found the link to this site. So, I'm a Shizuka's big fan but Dai-chan is my favourite as a boy skater!
Back to top Go down
http://barbarablanca.blogspot.com/
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 7:57 pm

I've found a report of DOI at Absolute Skating.
http://www.absoluteskating.com/reports/2007doi.htm

There are not much information of Dai-chan but you can see some photos of him at the luncheon party at DOI.
In this article it was said the foreign skaters presented their favourite perfumes to their funs. Lambiel's favorite was Burberry and Staviski's (Sad ) was Hugo Boss. I'm wondering what Dai-chan's is???Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2007   Dreams on Ice 2007 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreams on Ice 2007
Page 1 of 1