Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News and Topics 2015

Go down 
+9
miyu
Dancergirl
skato
ostile17
let`s talk
Twind
ilica
Shyla
PATTINA
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:39 pm

miyu wrote:
I GUESS, "august/september" means he will come back to Japan to skate in FOI. As you know, FOI always takes place in the end of August. This year's FOI will be the 10th anniversary, as well. bounce bounce
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

I almost had a fear that FOI would be a Dai-less this time ....
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3551
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:07 am

miyu wrote:
I GUESS, "august/september" means he will come back to Japan to skate in FOI. As you know, FOI always takes place in the end of August. This year's FOI will be the 10th anniversary, as well.

Same "guess" for me!!

Kobe and FOI are not just "ice shows" and a matter of money.
Dai is involved with his heart in both. It would be quite hard to leave them. 2015 is also an important year: 5th for Kobe - 10th for FOI.

Dai-chan, I'm selfishly happy if you don't disappear at all in 2015 - but oh my boy you are killing me with all this   "I go - no wait... I definitely go to USA soon.... after just a few shows....  I'll quit with skating and stay away for at least one year.... oh... see you sometime in august/september"   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 1:13 am

Miyu, Let's Talk and Pattina:  You have given me hope that we will once again see Dai on the ice.

I am sure that Dai has the best intentions of moving to the U.S. but he seems to be continuously drawn back into different events.  Maybe he didn't realize how popular he'd remain after he retired.  We all knew his popularity would continue but I'm not so sure he did.  I think he was surprised at the outpouring of love that was shown when he announced his retirement and he probably thought he could just quietly disappear but he underestimated himself if that's what he thought.  I think he's just as in demand as ever.
Back to top Go down
jesse.h
1A
1A

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:38 pm

very interesting news, thanks! myself i had a thought that Cobe will not be missed for Dai's dedication to charity events and especially this one - and now FOI are not impossible. Very Happy  Still, I hope he will able to fulfil the idea of studiyng abroad at least for some time, because it could be quite interesting experience fo him, though I will miss him on the ice intensely. I love you  But, of course, the only person to decide what's best, is Dai-chan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Hello!

You may have found already on his official site, a few announcement notes added on it. One of them is about the article featured his “2000days”, on a web magazine targeted for working ladies.

http://book.living.jp/ebooks/cityliving/tokyo/20150220/index.html#15

シティリビング東京版 2015年2月20日号
book.living.jp

News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 City%20Living

Other than his photo, his profile and the “2000days” book info and announcement of giving away copies to five people in a drawing, the article has his words, sort of identical but smaller version of Sankei Express article. Anyway I tried the translation of it as follows:

--“2000days” that is for me to gain a new self, making it a letter leaving behind filled with all the true thoughts

“I will leave all my real feelings behind in this book” Mr. Daisuke Takahashi who retired from his competitive career in October last year looks back his competing days with huge collection of his photos and talks about his current feelings reaching to his decision in this book written himself.

He gives away his feelings as honest as he would point out; “some may feel offended by that”.
“The truth is, to me, going on skating is motivated more by the joy of being expected by the people than my own love toward the skating itself. In the last two years of my competitive days I lost confidence in me worrying too much about other skaters and the change of the environment, had a hard time to motivate myself and after Sochi, my heart moved further and further apart from skating.”

Now retired, “I don’t feel strange myself not competing, I don’t miss it” Mr. Takahashi has his mind set toward the next stage already. “In order to win my confidence back I will leave skating for a while and go to the States for my life-training, nothing like for the sake of skating. I am so immature with lack of social experiences, so I would like to grow and change putting myself in a different environment, gaining not just the language skills but more power to be active and better sense of judgment. I could empty myself from the bottom up, poured out all and everything up until now onto this book, so I am free with the weight lifted off my heart, ready to move on.”

Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks for translation Twind!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:55 pm

Twind, thank you so much for translation!!

Daisuke wrote:
after Sochi, my heart moved further and further apart from skating.

After reading this, I feel ashamed and selfish. My joy for seeing Daisuke skating live was/is so great that I forget that maybe he'd rather prefer to be far away and not skating at AOI.

Oh, yes, he performed great and on ice was visibly happy and having fun with other skaters.... but... who knows how he really felt?

I'm torn apart. I'd like Dai to be in FOI (and maybe Kobe) so badly... and at the same time I want him to do what he needs and likes more for his spirit, even if this means "bye bye skating" from tomorrow. Crying or Very sad

News from Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi - thanks ostile!!

Dai is one of the six witnesses taking part in the TBS special “Tetsuya Kumakawa: Monologue of 15th year anniversary – The Truth of the Genius told by Six Witnesses” to be aired on 04th March

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/603437109793858

Sharing amazing pic from "2000days" FB page: Dai flows like wind drunken drunken

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/603353429802226
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:07 am

Remember Pattina those last chapters of 2000 days were written right after Sochi when Dai
was at his lowest. He may feel different about skating now that some time has passed.
At the time he wrote about skating he was still in pain emotionally and physically, some of
us knew that before his book came out. He may find that show skating is something
he may enjoy doing in the future since the pressure of competition has been removed
from the equation.

We will have to wait and see how things work out for him. I truly wish the best for Dai-chan.

Thanks for the updates!
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Thank you Shyla! Dai wrote that there were moments when he hated skating, but at the same time he never could not love it. Now Dai has to find a balance and a new place for skating in his new life: no more the main reason but something he likes to do for his own pleasure.

I wish he can find his path soon, one that fulfills his dreams and nourishes his soul. Above all, I want him to be happy.

Sean Cheesman - AOI choreographer - was an enthusiastic fan of Dai during tour. He tagged Dai in his tweets as new #obsession  Laughing  

Yesterday he tweeted About Maneater

Sean wrote:
Daisuke learned the maneater choreo so fast .. And was amazing at it ..

and this

Sean wrote:
All you #Diasuke fans what kind of number would you like me to choreograph for him? Slow romantic , sexy , funky ?

He has received many replies from Aunties and apparently it seems he and Dai had some talks about working together in the future. Or at least Dai taking dancing lessons with him in the USA.

Source: https://twitter.com/cheesmansean/status/568826200941944833?lang=it

Daisuke on a stage performing jazz dance? And later bringing it on ice??? It would be absolutely GREAT!!!

Have a nice Dai-day flower
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 11:55 pm

Thanks all for updates!

Well...
I'm probably the only one that isn't that enthusiastic about Dai&Sean cooperation (and not only because it means Dai going to LA Wink ) . I guess a program choreographed by Cheesman might be very interesting, but

... I just don't like the vibe of Sean's twitter - depressing and cocky at the same time, and rather misogynistic (the gay sado-maso stuff doesn't help either). I don't feel like it's a good atmosphere for Dai to be in right now - if he's thinking about taking lessons with Sean for some period of time. It's easy to succumb to those nihilistic vibes (I'm not talking about gay people vibes!!! - Dai collaboration with David Wilson for example was something wonderful). And to get under the influence of another strong personality (after Morozov) - I don't think it's what Dai had in mind when planning his future...
Plus, while I don't doubt Sean's "obsession" with Dai, I think, lately he is using Dai name to gain popularity on twitter - and I don't like it too.

- ha ha, look the auntie is talking  Rolling Eyes
I'm just worrying, but as we know - Dai is a big boy now...

Anyway Sean Cheesman may be a great choreographer and a great artist (the biggest artists usually are "complicated emotionally" Wink  ) so let's don't think too much, wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:26 am

I was thinking along the same lines ilica but did not want to say anything negative. (I have to keep that part
of my personality in check) Sean is putting a lot of stuff on twitter about Dai not sure how Dai feels about that.
If someone was doing it to me without my permission I would not like it. But hey what do I know
I am not even on twitter.

Your Auntie concern is showing. Wink
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:20 am

PATTINA wrote:
Thank you Shyla! Dai wrote that there were moments when he hated skating, but at the same time he never could not love it. Now Dai has to find a balance and a new place for skating in his new life: no more the main reason but something he likes to do for his own pleasure.
When Dai and Mao were interviewed together, both of them said they even didn't want to see their own skating shoes after Sochi. But Mao said she has already rediscovered her love toward figure skating. How about Dai-chan? I think he's still unsure about it.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 10:39 pm

PATTINA,

Your concern is so nice, except you are never selfish! I remember how happy Dai-chan genuinely looked to hear from you of your feelings and support, and how you came to the show from Italy. As I was translating above article, I had a little concern that it might push something slightly old, (regarding the time the interview was actually made, I mean) because we are seeing that he is showing so much positive feelings while he moved on through XOI, SOI and AOI.

Well let's wait, shall we? Now we can celebrate seeing his giving himself some room to be free from figure skating and appreciate each skating he has ever done for us to see up until now or (hopefully) in the future.

ilica and Shyla,

I appreciate that you shared of your feelings toward this development with Mr. Cheeseman.

I was like welcoming the idea of Dai to have some very different environment that demands one's very sound and mature judgment but your talk got me a bit more worried. It might be the 'lesson 1' a bit too advanced? What I count on is that Dai is very slow and cautious to trust people but also worried that he might be influenced by mood of a very strong personality very different from him. I hope his sensor works well and he keeps his safety of his body, mind and soul in the States. (Another annoying worrywart auntie here)

A big hug to miyu who DID come back!!!  bounce  bounce  

... As PATTINA shared a little earlier here in this thread, I put some translation here. Sorry if it is on somewhere by someone already. I am still heavily drunk with my AOI experience and not at all following Dai updates.

http://news.walkerplus.com/article/55282/

Daisuke Takahashi and “When Marnie Was There” announced their collaboration on a TV commercial

The Television, Feb 13 2015

An announcement revealed that Daisuke Takahashi, a former competitor of figure skating has been selected to appear on the TV commercial of the release of Blu-ray and DVD of “When Marnie Was There” that will hit the streets on Wednesday, March 18.

“When Marnie Was There”, the movie theatrically released last year is an animated feature film of Studio Ghibli production that portrays an enigmatic friendship between a city girl Anna and a girl in a dream, Marnie.

Takahashi performs his skating to the title tune of the movie, “Fine On The Outside” written and sung by Priscilla Ahn, with an original choreography (by Kenji Miyamoto).

Takahashi, who tells that he has loved the Ghibli’s perspective of the world for long time, commented; “When I got this offer I was simply surprised ‘I could get on an advertisement of Ghibli!’ I am already so excited to be a part of it with my skating.”

He also talked about his impression of the movie; (“When Marnie Was There” is) “a movie that feels like it just comes gently gliding into your heart, or kindly snuggles up to you. I had natural tears without noticing toward the end. It reminds me that I am who I am because those others were there for me and it felt like giving me a gentle push on my back to wish to like myself a little more.”

“The theme song has something I can empathize with so I wish I can express even a little with my skating as a part of it.” He unveiled the point to see of the CM.

Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:24 pm

And much thanks to the DAISUKE TAKAHASHI ROAD to SOCHI, we can enjoy the theme song he is going to skate to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD7eOgBp6UU

Back to top Go down
panther
1A
1A
panther

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:50 am

ilica wrote:

Well...
I'm probably the only one that isn't that enthusiastic about Dai&Sean cooperation

Hi everyone and thanks all for updates! I love you

ilica You are not alone, I think the same way. But let's see, what else we can.
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:47 am

Thank you for the translation, Twind!! Very Happy

It seems the people related to him (probably mainly the pupils of Utako-sensei but including Akko, Shizuka, Kenji, Keiji, Nabe-san and so on) had a surprise party for Dai-chan privately, probably to cerebrate his career.

He looks super happy!!!  I love you He is loved by everyone around him an it's no wonder at all. Wink

https://twitter.com/koushinakamura/status/569462743113138176
https://twitter.com/koushinakamura/status/569480998980689920
https://twitter.com/koushinakamura/status/569499279825350656
https://twitter.com/ririna_148/status/569498615137218560
https://twitter.com/atsmilyy/status/569507303038132224

Aki Sawada (Do you know her? ex skater, now a coach in Team Nagamitsu)
https://twitter.com/A1N0N0Y7O/status/569570685896372224
"Very glad to see everybody smiled happily. (*´罒`*) I'm also very satisfied as the star of the party hugged me a lot. (lol) " (It seems she is one the people who plannded the surprise party.)

Look their twitter icon, as well! (They use the pics from the party.)

Kohei Yoshino (a youger skater in Team Nagamitsu)
https://twitter.com/kohe1sk88plus3A

Shu Nakamura (the third in Japanese Junior Championships.)
https://twitter.com/shusk81996

Last edited by miyu on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 am

Dai - as usual - expresses his feelings so openly, not ashamed to reveal he had wet eyes at the end and to find similarities between movie and his personal situation.

Of course, if they release Italian DVD I'm gonna buy it.

Twind wrote:
Your concern is so nice, except you are never selfish! I remember how happy Dai-chan genuinely looked to hear from you of your feelings and support, and how you came to the show from Italy.

Thank you for kind words I love you and for recalling those incredible moments. Sometimes I feel like it was just a dream....  

miyu, thank you so much for info and links. I saw pics yesterday but I was not sure when the party happened, because the cake had "The Stroll" Dai on it.

Dai and girls, girls, girls.... Laughing adorkable drunken

https://twitter.com/akari_02194852/status/569534816284049408?lang=it

https://twitter.com/okiharuna0130?lang=it

So glad to watch Dai smiling a lot and having so much fun with people who love him. And he deserves it.
The cake on his face..  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!

Have a nice Dai-day flower
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 am

Hi PATTINA, thank you for the addtional pics!!  lol!  lol!

Aki-chan added the story behind the party on her twitter.

https://twitter.com/A1N0N0Y7O/status/569719441153339392
"Yesterday, we had a party for Utako-sensei.♡ .....  Dai-chan went to pick up Utako-sensei who thought it was just a meeting...."
(The plate in front of the party room says "Party for Utako Nagamitsu")

https://twitter.com/A1N0N0Y7O/status/569719509059117056
"But it was all fake!! The truth was Dai-chan's retirement party. (*´罒`*)
The surprise was completed successfully ٩( 'ω' )و
The reaction when we told the truth to him was awesome.♡
Sorry for cheating you.(lol)
I've been afraid he would have found the truth as I've been behaving oddly. But thank you for believing me. (lol)"

https://twitter.com/A1N0N0Y7O/status/569719690882260994
"(He is) loved by all the people in the party. Thank you for the attendees and the fellows who helped the movies and others. (*´∀`)"

https://twitter.com/A1N0N0Y7O/status/569719874169090048
"( I'm relieved to see, he looked higher than me in spite of my high heeled pumps last night. )"

Quote :
But thank you for believing me. (lol)
It's very him... sunny
So, he came to the hotel, thinking it was Utako-sensei's surprise party. Even he thought he was helping Aki-chan to surprise Utako-sensei. lol!

Last edited by miyu on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:17 pm

panther wrote:
ilica wrote:

Well...
I'm probably the only one that isn't that enthusiastic about Dai&Sean cooperation

Hi everyone and thanks all for updates! I love you

ilica You are not alone, I think the same way. But let's see, what else we can.
I never heard about Sean Cheeseman. After what you guys wrote here, I won't bother to google that prick. Indeed let's wait and see. I choose to stay positive. Wink

peace1
Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm

PATTINA wrote:

Dai - as usual - expresses his feelings so openly, not ashamed to reveal he had wet eyes at the end and to find similarities between movie and his personal situation.

Of course, if they release Italian DVD I'm gonna buy it.

Patchan, we're still far from a DVD release, but it's been announced today that the movie will have its theatrical release in Italy on September 12th, with a four days event held September 12th-15.

Nice month for a trip to Italy Wink

http://www.studioghibli.it/quando-cera-marnie-lultimo-film-studio-ghibli-a-settembre-nelle-sale/
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks for all the updates and translations everyone!

Dai-chan looks so happy in the photos at his surprise party. So sweet of his friends
to organize such a lovely celebration for him! cheers

I remember when Dai announced his retirement I read that Dai was the
most beloved skater in recent memory, so true.
Back to top Go down
Twind
2A
2A
Twind

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Daisuke's reaction from the surprise party!
(instagram update I love you )

https://instagram.com/p/zelvE8LJ7s/?modal=true

サプライズパーティーしてもらいました!! あかんやつ!
嬉しすぎて泣きすぎな!笑
写真とか全部顔ぱんぱん(O_o)

ほんまやってくれるで!!!!! 幸せモンやなっ。
ありがとうしかないです(T ^ T)

(↓transltation.. well, sort of. It's too colloquial and Osaka dialectal)

They had a surprise party for me!! Really got me!
Too happy and cried too much! LOL
My face swelled up in all those pics  (O_o)

Guys, you’re really something!!!  I’m such a lucky guy, yah?
I can only say thank you (T^T)

I am so happy too! bounce
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Thank you so much for updates! Miyu and Twind - thank you for your translations! You're great!  cheers

miyu wrote:
Quote :
But thank you for believing me. (lol)
It's very him... sunny
So, he came to the hotel, thinking it was Utako-sensei's surprise party. Even he thought he was helping Aki-chan to surprise Utako-sensei.
lol!  lol! They got him big time  Laughing .
It's so great to see all the love showered on this one wonderful person  I love you  

let`s talk wrote:
I never heard about Sean Cheeseman. After what you guys wrote here, I won't bother to google that prick. Indeed let's wait and see. I choose to stay positive.  Wink

He's choreographed for Michael Jackson, was in "Bad" video - so you know, it's about time for the entire world to recognize this Michael Jackson on skates here, the ISU judges obviously didn't care.

Sorry, as usual, I overreacted seeing some weird tweets from Sean. I'm just allergic to this type of people. Been there.
Anyway some of his work is great - for example "Can't Pretend" from AOI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhkksOpA44&feature=youtu.be

Twind wrote:
I was like welcoming the idea of Dai to have some very different environment that demands one's very sound and mature judgment but your talk got me a bit more worried. It might be the 'lesson 1' a bit too advanced? What I count on is that Dai is very slow and cautious to trust people but also worried that he might be influenced by mood of a very strong personality very different from him. I hope his sensor works well and he keeps his safety of his body, mind and soul in the States.

Again - I'm sorry for causing some uneasiness here. Of course Dai-chan is much wiser than me - he'll be OK. This is indeed a great opportunity for him, and he himself has opted for big steps, so 'lesson 1' has to be advanced. (And he has been warned Wink )  
Good!!

Can't wait to see Dai-chan skating to “Fine On The Outside”! bounce
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 pm

Twind, thank you for update on Dai's instagram and for translation!!

So happy when he is happy  I love you

More Dai at the party! What a face Laughing Laughing  Lucky girl!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-hLE8YCIAA0exZ.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/saya_0410/status/569787919344349185

ostile, thanks for update on the movie. Wow... we could watch it together  Smile  any occasion to talk about Dai-chan is precious

yes, september is good for a trip to Italy... so many events  Wink

ilica, please, don't worry too much and don't feel sorry. you shared here your feelings, being concerned about Dai because of the love we all feel for our precious boy. we understand you very well flower

ilica wrote:
Can't wait to see Dai-chan skating to “Fine On The Outside”!

me, too and also some friends of mine on Italian forum
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:57 am

I totally understand everyone’s misgivings about Sean and I’m guessing your collective, protective natures came out in full force but I didn’t see it that way at all.  My interpretation of his tweets was that he discovered Dai’s talent, recently, so was just overly enthused the way we all were when we each initially discovered his unique artistry.

Sean was also probably struck by how many fans had travelled from afar just to see Dai perform so was curious as to what genre of dance they’d like to see Dai execute.  Ironically, the first time I saw Dai skate I remember thinking “Wow.  I would love to see him dance” and I went through the different dance styles in my head.  I couldn’t choose just one because I thought that I would like to see him perform all genres of dance.

Perhaps my take on Sean is different because I’ve seen various forms of his choreography on So You Think You Can Dance.  He’s done everything from interesting African styles to beautiful Contemporary pieces.  I have never thought of him as having an aggressive personality and he has always appeared humble and lovely on TV.  It’s all just my opinion, of course, because I don’t know him personally.

I know it’s a bit off topic but here’s a link to a Contemporary number (“99 Red Balloons”) that Sean choreographed.  It’s one of my favorite numbers.  When I saw it for the first time I was so impressed with Sean’s creative idea of using the red ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NnZM-ip1Eo

To all of you that are worried about Dai I trust that he will make the choices that are right for him.  I guess you are all concerned because you’ve been on the roller coaster ride for so long and have lived all the ups and downs right along with him but I believe, in each instance, Dai came out on top and will continue to do so.  I know that Dai is a sweet, sensitive soul but when you think about all of his trials and tribulations, throughout his skating career, he is an incredibly strong person.   I think a lot of you didn’t agree with his choice, at the time, to have Nikolai coach him again but it turned out to be a good thing because Nikolai was just what he needed at that time to help him regain his confidence and to remind him of just who he was… Daisuke Takahashi… The Legend.  I know Dai will choose to do do what’s right for him in the future and his quiet, inner strength will always be with him to see him through anything he tackles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Topics 2015   News and Topics 2015 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Topics 2015
Page 4 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next