Daisuke Takahashi Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News and Discussions About the 2010 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Daisuke Takahashi.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"

Go down 
+5
fosse
Dancergirl
PATTINA
miyu
ostile17
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi, all! I finally finished my report on FOI. I think there must be thounsands of mistakes in my English. Sorry.. I hope you can understand what I wanted to write!! tongue

I went to see two shows on Sunday 8/24. God, what an amazing show!!!

The opening was super cool with high fashion clothes supplied by Vougue Japan. The skaters came out on the ice one by one, posing like models. The last one who appeared was Dai-chan with “ Zella Day East of Eden”. https://youtu.be/eJzGjJJYlQs?t=4m1s
Then the music changed to “Let’s get ridiculous”.  He was totally different from the others.  A super dancer on the ice. He could catch whatever groove in front of him. You just can’t take your eyes off him. Can you believe he was in skating boots? https://youtu.be/eJzGjJJYlQs?t=4m49s (Look at Kenji’s happy face, who choreographed the opening! )

Akko-chan skated a new EX “Stepping Out” choreographed by Pasquale recently. The program was so complex that  she had to practice a bit more  but it was a promising program, I think. Oh I want to see a new work from Daisqaule!!!

Shae-Lynn was sparkling as always. She skated to “Firedance” from Riverdance, which I love since Akko-chan skated in 2007 Japanese National. A piece of music with joy to live.(I love more this version in 07-08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzvQce3x-E than the Vancouver SP)
I think only Dai-chan and Shae-Lynn can share their high level of musicality. They are a sort of people born with the rhythm.  I love you

The best program in the show, of course apart from Dai-chan’s  Razz  ,  was Kavaguti/Smirnov’s Manfred. It was the short version of their FP. They did 4STh in the both shows and landed!!!! It was a shame that they couldn’t skate such a beautiful program in Sochi.  Sad  I hope they will be able to achieve great results with it in the coming season.

The last program in the first half of the show was a collaboration of Dai-chan, Evan and Brian. They skated to “Yello - On the run”and Kenji choreographed it. How could he find such a music?!!! Funny and exciting!! I loved it!
https://youtu.be/eJzGjJJYlQs?t=5m18s

Friends on Ice has a lottery time in the intermission every year. Shizuka does it with the skaters like Dai-chan, Taka, Takeshi, Yamato and Akko. But this year Dai-chan didn’t take part in it. I heard Shizuka said on Saturday, Dai-chan got massage during intermission and he tried to keep quiet in the backyard in order to save his energy for the show. Imagine, how much demanding it is to skate three programs and the opening and finale with full power.  Shocked  

The second half started with Libertango skated by Dai-chan and Akko-chan.  Many people who saw it said on twitter, it was rather like a tango battle than a romantic tango. I agree.  Laughing  But they synced perfectly in the part of step sequence. It was amazing.  I think it’s because both of them have good ears and are very precise to notes of the music. The choreography was made based on her EX Libertango. So Dai-chan had to memorized after they decided to do this.
https://youtu.be/Sv1oJ_DfWGI?t=8s
They did this step sequence side by side.
https://youtu.be/zypdPFGDRqQ?t=2m13s

On Sunday, we luckily could see Taka’s new FP  with vocal (Io Cio Saro) choreographed by Lori. It was a very very beautiful FP, glorious and emotional. Great job, Lori!

Brian skated “Black eyed peas - I Gotta Feeling” and Evan “Roxanne”. Both of them were very enjoyable.

The next skater after Evan was Pang/Tong. They were beautiful and sweet as always.

And then… the last to skate was Dai-chan. It’s difficult for me to explain the program. Sorry for my poor vocabulary.  Say, Caravan was a very colorful program. The costume, facial expression, foot works and body movement, everything was so vivid and colorful. He skated around on the ice and never stopped during the program. Don’t worry. You’ll see it soon as it will be broadcasted this weekend!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3PaRZEPOA

He skated the finale with Caravan outfit + a hat and eye glasses as he didn’t have time to change it. I’m sorry I was so excited after Caravan that I didn’t remember the finale well… What I only remember is that he skated very joyfully!! The music was “Fergie - A Little Party Never Killed Nobody” and “Pharrell Williams - Happy”.
https://youtu.be/ulbAJZCVfA8?t=6s
https://youtu.be/XJn2Sffolf0?t=1m13s

I think this year’s FOI was the best FOI ever. Especially the last show was incredibly exciting. Probably it was because the show was designed for Dai-chan as a leader of it. So for us his fans, it was something that we’ve dreamed of. You will be surprised again to find how much he is gifted with a talent for dance, when you watch some videos this weekend. He outshone all the other skaters. Of course we’ve known it for a long time, but actually his talent is more than we’ve expected!!! I’m afraid he would have restrained his ability , if it was a show which belonged to someone else… Neutral  He definitely needs his own show!!  bounce

Dai-chan skated with his whole energy throughout the show. It moved me a lot. In fact it seemed he run out the energy and looked very tired in the finale of the first show on Sunday. (he fell on 2T in the finale.) So I was worried if he could skate till the end of the last show... But no need to worry. He skated with his all strength without any mistakes.  In response to his wholehearted skate, we fans shouted loudly for him, waving D1SK towels. It was a spectacular moment.

He felt strong responsibility for the success of the show as Shizuka didn’t skate this year. Probably he wanted to show the best of him to his fans before DORON, as well. And I think there is one more reason why he tried to do his best that hard in the show. He didn’t want to be defeated by the scandal which came out public just before the show. His pride didn’t allow him to lose. He was smiling brightly in the finale.

What a man!!! sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
2A
2A
let`s talk

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 pm

There is one more reason why he tried to do his best so hard in the show: HE LOVES SKATING!
bounce drunken cheers
peace1
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful and delightful review, Miyu.  I’m so happy for you that you were able to attend 2 shows.  As per usual, Dai showed us why he is in a class of his own on the ice.

I’ve often wondered why he has gone through so many hardships throughout his career but he always manages to come out on top proving, time and time again, what a strong person he is.  He puts everything he has into each and every performance and pushes himself like no other.  He also conducts himself off the ice like a true professional with class.  I’m glad to hear that he was showing his radiant smile during the finale and proving to himself and the rest of us (although we didn’t need any convincing) why he is, and always will be, so special on the ice.

Thank you for your passionate posts, Let's Talk.  I always enjoy reading them.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

Number of posts : 3550
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 pm

miyu, thank you for your report. It's so vivid it brings readers with you in the arena Smile

Full of your joy to be there.... so glad you could witness Dai's power, pushing himself beyond limits in any minute of the show, from Opening (yes, he seems dancing on normal floor, astonishing) to Finale.

As let's talk points out, Dai loves skating. He pours pours professionism and passion from his heart into skating, that's why he is different.... no, he is unique!! And we fans never get tired to repeat it over and over again.

miyu wrote:
You’ll see it soon as it will be broadcasted this weekend!!

Cannot wait  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce

Quote :
He definitely needs his own show!!

Yes, a great show where he can expresses all his talent. Dai is stronger than foul games people is playing behind his back: he proved it during FOI and after DORON he will show them all!!

Quote :
What a man!!! sunny sunny

That's why we love him so much I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:36 pm

We all miss Dai already and need him so much. So... more Vogue model  drunken  drunken

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 ErHsbAP

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 McBTK0j

Source - you can find other pics of cast and a short video of Opening (with dates of FOI tv broadcasting.... or that's what I guess)

http://www.vogue.co.jp/blog/vogue-wedding/archives/1995
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Miyu your detailed report along with the video links was a joy to read and watch, thanks so much! flower  

K/S will be competing at the Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany on 9/24-9/27. Did they perform there
long program at FOI? I hear that it is fabulous.

Pattina thanks for the "Red Alert" Vogue photo. "what a man" Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:02 am

You are welcome!! Thank you for reading my report!

let's talk wrote:
There is one more reason why he tried to do his best so hard in the show: HE LOVES SKATING!
So true!!

Shyla wrote:
K/S will be competing at the Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany on 9/24-9/27. Did they perform there
long program at FOI? I hear that it is fabulous.
Yes, but it was a shortened version. Their FP was fabulous, really beautifully choreographed.

PATTINA wrote:
http://www.vogue.co.jp/blog/vogue-wedding/archives/1995
Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krSUEZ11w-E

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Bwmopi11
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

Number of posts : 1283
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:47 am

I'm late, but also want to add my thanks to you miyu for the great report and video links! cheers

Also my thanks to let`s talk and Pattina! flower

O my, miyu, that last closeup from the Vogue video is just heart-stopping drunken
He surely is the hottest Vogue model ever!

So hopefully our waiting is almost over and we will see some videos in a few hours? bounce
Can't wait!  bounce  bounce  bounce
Please, our Japanese friends, remember that some overseas fans are Daing to finally see Caravan and Libertango. bounce
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 am

miyu, thanks for breathtaking pic of Dai during Opening.  drunken  drunken  drunken

Me, too, can't wait. It should be just a shortened version of FOI (full version to be aired later) but how I long they show both Caravan and Liebertango  bounce  bounce  bounce

Confident about nice Japanese friends saving overseas fans from Daing flower

Just a pic to keep you all alive while waiting.....OMG that heart-shaped mouth drunken

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 QSSIWcC

Source: short video by marid1on (thank you so much!!) http://instagram.com/p/sf8h1StEFp/?modal=true

Have a nice Dai-day  flower
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:13 am

ilica wrote:
So hopefully our waiting is almost over and we will see some videos in a few hours? bounce
ilica.... I'm sorry to tell you but otherwise you would go crazy...tongue  FOI will be aired Sunday afternoon in Japan. So you have to wait another 24 hours from now. Be patient. Wink

Thank you for the pic, PATTINA. How beautiful he is!!! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:39 am

No way! It's 2 am here, I am sleepy like hell, but decided to try if I could see something on KeyHole and it's not today?! I was sure it was Saturday. Rolling Eyes Thanks miyu!
Darn it, I want to see it so badly!
I think it's too late miyu, I'm already going crazy tongue

I guess, I'll go to bed with the gorgeous photo of Dai from Pattina in my mind...
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:48 am

Hi ilica! Oh, good. I saved you from poor sleep.  Razz

It's 9/7(sun) 3:30pm-4:25pm.

You can check TV schedule relating Dai-chan easily here, although it's all Japanese.

http://deep-edge.net/d.php
Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks again miyu!
Indeed, it would have been a poor night if I had spent it searching KeyHole for program that doesn't exist.

I guess it was my wishful thinking as I have a free Saturday and would love to spend it contemplating Dai's new programs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miyu
4F
4F
miyu

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Wheee!! Thank you soooo much to the uploader!! cheers cheers cheers

FOI-2014 Daisuke Takahashi "Caravan"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4AFw7Lbtmg

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Thank you miyu!! and thanks to uploader!! cheers cheers cheers

Able to watch via KeyHole - not good quality but enough to fill my heart with so much Dai-beauty!

All comments written on Caravan are so true. Dai is just an explosion of energy on ice, like small fireworks popping up one after another repeatedly!!

What a way to start my Sunday - now waiting for Liebertango!! drunken

Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
ilica
3A
3A
ilica

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:33 pm

OMG

Thank you miyu, Pattina and the wonderful uploader!!!

OMG Daaaaaaiiiiiii....

He simply is the most fabulous skater on earth! cheers  drunken

"Caravan" has only one flaw - it is too short, I want to watch this gorgeous creature forever! Embarassed  drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
ostile17
3A
3A
ostile17

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Told yaaaaaaaa!!!!! Wink

Caravan is too much for the human mind to take and process.... it just leaves you intoxicated wanting for more, more, more... I spent hours after that saying "OMG I am DRUNK on Dai!!!"
Especially hard to put down in words what it does: I'm writing an article for AOI but things keep coming to my mind and it never ends.

Dai is unique... our wonderful sorcerer!

Hope the camera work has done it justice.
Back to top Go down
PATTINA
4T
4T
PATTINA

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Full special tv - thanks ostile !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbab4x8QBSY
Back to top Go down
Shyla
4F
4F

Number of posts : 2462
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Love, Love Caravan. This program has everything great choreography, music and of
course most importantly Dai-chan's wonderful skating. He really is a genius.

Akiko/Dai and Libertango, fabulous!

Thanks Pattina and miyu and thanks to ostille for the full FOI link. I am just waking up
so I am going to make coffee and watch the full show but had to watch
Dai's Caravan and Libertango first.
Back to top Go down
Dancergirl
2A
2A

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Thank you Miyu, Pattina and Ostile for the latest links.

I agree, Shyla, that he truly is a genius.  His movement on ice is absolutely out of this world and I marvel, each and every time, at the fact that he's moving like he does on thin blades and on ice.  He truly has some sort of magic going on that will always be unmatchable.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:13 am

Hi Guys:

Sorry for my laziness. Caravan as well as Tango was just so great! Dai always amazes me with his ability to express anything and everything that he skates!!

For my apologies, I will post some gifs from Caravan and TangoFriends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Tumblr_natkxcV6WA1tcsqhio1_500

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ecb7a6b6c0118977cb5a757da6d81256/tumblr_nbiwrzvlMK1tcsqhio1_500.gif

Hope you guys enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:18 am

Some moreFriends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Genkicapone#

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Tumblr_nbipuic86u1tcsqhio1_500
Back to top Go down
Genki
2A
2A

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:20 am

More Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Tumblr_nbiq4oEzad1tcsqhio2_1280

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Tumblr_nbgmw9TC5s1tcsqhio1_400
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"   Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends on Ice 2014 - August 22-24: The last before "DORON"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next